Thread: haha ENTps

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default haha ENTps

They cause controversy by stirring up drama and throwing insults around like they don't understand the consequences?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

I've always quite enjoyed causing controversy... as I like to say, Im not the one who starts the fight, Im not the one who jumps in, Im the guy that puts the beer-bottle within reach just to make it intersting Actually, i always start arguments though, and I like to push people's buttons to see how far I can take it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: haha ENTps

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    They cause controversy by stirring up drama and throwing insults around like they don't understand the consequences?
    most of the time they don't pay them so they don't care. i think they get off on shitting in someone's coffee cup and having them drink it down knowingly knowing that all they'll get is a frown here or there.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've identified an ENTp in my field. He's stirred up a lot of drama, but people were pushed to move forward in a lot of association and committee work because of it. Granted, people are trying to get him kicked out... but regardless, his not accepting of the slow moving pace of progress caused people to move forward (yes, there were lawyers involved ). Anyways, he seems to throw words like "juvenile" and "idiocy" around like he has no concept of how to talk to people at all. Reminds me of some Fi PoLR people I know. He's brought up some really good points, and I'm the first to say so. I'm also the one who brought part of the solution to the table, so people sort of see me as a neutral party.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nick Naylor

Im not sure if you guys are hostile towards ENTP's, but I was wondering if you've seen the film "Thank You For Smoking!", I seem to think the main character "Nick Naylor" is an ENTP, and anyone of my friends who's seen that movie would say that he is me incarnate. I tend to tease people a lot, and argue with them quite a bit, but the only time I throw around hurtful insults is when Im really angry, or I don't like/care about the person Im talking with. Are we ENTP's considered bad people?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nick Naylor

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Im not sure if you guys are hostile towards ENTP's, but I was wondering if you've seen the film "Thank You For Smoking!", I seem to think the main character "Nick Naylor" is an ENTP, and anyone of my friends who's seen that movie would say that he is me incarnate. I tend to tease people a lot, and argue with them quite a bit, but the only time I throw around hurtful insults is when Im really angry, or I don't like/care about the person Im talking with. Are we ENTP's considered bad people?
    No, ENTps are cool (depending on what quadra you're from).

I haven't seen the movie, but welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

entps can often be dickholes. it is often necessary to kick them in the nads and reveal them to be the whiny little bitches that a lot of them really are. sometimes they can be really great though. not you though, you're enfp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default quadra?

How do you know what quadra you're from? I thought I was 'alpha'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    entps can often be dickholes. it is often necessary to kick them in the nads and reveal them to be the whiny little bitches that a lot of them really are. sometimes they can be really great though. not you though, you're enfp
    If you're talking to me, Im definitely ENTP, I've grown up believing you can find sympathy between sh*t and syphallis in the dictionary... Im not all that concerned with peoples feelings or emotions... However, I do tend to look after my friends pretty well. Plus I've taken a few more "quizzes" online, and each one came to the same conclusion...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're talking to me, Im definitely ENTP, I've grown up believing you can find sympathy between sh*t and syphallis in the dictionary... Im not all that concerned with peoples feelings or emotions... However, I do tend to look after my friends pretty well. Plus I've taken a few more "quizzes" online, and each one came to the same conclusion...
    Test results are not the last word in Socionics. I suggest doing some more reading before you decide on a type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Test results are not the last word in Socionics. I suggest doing some more reading before you decide on a type.
    I don't really want to be a type However, I find all this stuff quite fascinating... If I were ever to find out what type I am, it'd more or less be so I could find the perfect woman for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really want to be a type However, I find all this stuff quite fascinating... If I were ever to find out what type I am, it'd more or less be so I could find the perfect woman for me

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most people feel the same way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im definitely ENTP blah blah blah
    really? it would really HELP! me to understand tell me more i'd appreciate it if you got a really hot woman to tell me more about you esp! (;

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfjs=
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? it would really HELP! me to understand tell me more i'd appreciate it if you got a really hot woman to tell me more about you esp! (;
    HAHHAAHA You seem a bit sarcastic it's either that or someone pissed in your corn-flakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nick Naylor

Are we ENTP's considered bad people?
    For an ENTp, you seem to be surprisingly interested in what others think about you. Especially this being good and doing right thing. That would be :ish, which is evidence for ENFp, I think.
    Intuition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENTP cater to the extremes. Where i work they range right from the top chairman/founder to the twit that got fired a while back for having the attention span of a bumble bee in flight. Trouble is when we're doing badly we are the pits .... Unfocused, stubborn as hell, and unlikely to heed any sort of feedback (know it all attitude despite the lack of accomplishment.)

Its pretty clear to me that the simple difference between the extremes is basically on how good the ENTP is at picking friends. Other types (eg. ENTJ) can soldier on regardless but ENTPs cannot.

For instance the chairman has partnered himself with 3 ISFP, 1 ISTP & 1 INTP. His personal secretary is again ISFP. This can't be an accident. No wonder this guy can spend most of his time cruising the world all the while knowing his empire is safe.

The twit that got fired spent her last days hanging out with the office INFJ (i can always tell who is on their way out simply by observing who the INFJs latest buddy is .. lol ... true !) Can't really blame the misguided ENTPs though, after all we are not the most discriminting of types when it comes to others and knowing whats good for us. All else being equal the tendency is to focus on befriending the showy extoverts that appear to have "brains" rather than those cute ISFP types that were just made for us !
    ILE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why would ENTps care about the consequences of their insults? It's not like they've done something bad - they always exaggerate or make up bad characteristics people have for a cheap laugh, and because it's 'obviously' exaggerated, it clears the air and makes things more open (unless it's an indoor ISFj convention) so that people who were fearful before can speak without fear of genuine mockery - all people are exaggerated to the extremes by an ENTp, including the ENTp themselves quite often, so that people have no weaknesses left to be uncovered, by some ISFj no doubt .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    enfjs=
    Yes, I would agree that this is a trait of ENFjs as well, which I find strange... how could they not understand the consequences of the way they're dealing with a person?

Anyways, the individual in question is also a bit of a know it all, Ti style. He is very knowledgeable and often has good ideas or is right about what he's criticizing (and he does quite of bit of that), but the way he goes about communicating makes him a lot of enemies, or in the very least, makes people lose respect for him and not give his ideas consideration. I could definitely see how being with a Fe type could make him much, much more effective!

Anyways, the way he stirs stuff up and criticizes people reminded me of Gilligan. (He definitely strikes me as the type of person who would become indignant if someone said that what he's is doing wrong or that he should be more careful about not hurting or upsetting people.) I also see a lot of stuff from the ENTp descriptions in him. He is always suggesting new ways of doing things and questioning the current ways things are done, and almost caused a split in our organization as a result. He could definitely use a Fe dominant type to be a mediator and diplomat on his behalf. I can also see how one would need to use a lot of Fe in dealing with him, or at least that he'd respond positively to Fe interactions. And he said that he does the hair the way he does because his daughter wanted it that way... okay, maybe I'm grasping at straws with this one, but that doesn't sound like something a sensor would say. The function most apparent to me though is Ti.

Lol I'm almost tempted to send him an ENTp description and see what he says. I don't know if it's wise to interact with him more than I need to though.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm that effing Fi polr is such a burden.

it took me like 20 years to bring it into line!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think the person I'm describing sounds ENTp?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! I found his website and there's a bunch of pics and stuff he's written (obviously) on it. I'll PM the link to anyone who's interested.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh! I found his website and there's a bunch of pics and stuff he's written (obviously) on it. I'll PM the link to anyone who's interested.
    me
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jas05
    For an ENTp, you seem to be surprisingly interested in what others think about you. Especially this being good and doing right thing. That would be :ish, which is evidence for ENFp, I think.
    Actually this is the epitome of an ENTp AND and Fi, but not strong Fi; an Fi PoLR. ENTps with their Fi PoLR have no way of being able to tell how people feel about them, which is why they really need Fe to be fed to them to let them know directly how people feel about them. In all seriousness, the ENTp really wants to be loved and frequently may seek approval from others

For example if they make a really funny joke, they love seeing a positive reaction, or a reaction that is consistent with what they expected the reaction to be, based on the joke. If it isn't consistent, they wonder why and start to question how they came across, and thus need someone to actually make clear for them how they came across.

Not really, we don't have malicious intentions, and I think people realize that eventually. We do like getting recognition for our potential, theories, ideas, and wittyness, but not in an arrogant, putting other people down way. We really like the recognition in a more innocent childlike way, the way people would laud cool things a child does and showing lots of approval.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From personal experience, I concur with what Steve is saying. So shell out the Fe .

Creepy-bg

YOU GUYS R0XXOR MY 50XX0R5!!!

(enough for ya?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Actually this is the epitome of an ENTp AND and Fi, but not strong Fi; an Fi PoLR. ENTps with their Fi PoLR have no way of being able to tell how people feel about them, which is why they really need Fe to be fed to them to let them know directly how people feel about them. In all seriousness, the ENTp really wants to be loved and frequently may seek approval from others

For example if they make a really funny joke, they love seeing a positive reaction, or a reaction that is consistent with what they expected the reaction to be, based on the joke. If it isn't consistent, they wonder why and start to question how they came across, and thus need someone to actually make clear for them how they came across.

Not really, we don't have malicious intentions, and I think people realize that eventually. We do like getting recognition for our potential, theories, ideas, and wittyness, but not in an arrogant, putting other people down way. We really like the recognition in a more innocent childlike way, the way people would laud cool things a child does and showing lots of approval.
    Weird... That sounds freakishly familiar And my ex and my mother call me Peter Pan all the time, is that what you mean by Childlike? And what does Fe mean?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By childlike I mean like doing stuff with a child's motivations (being playful, dreaming up wild cool things in an innocent way). For example an ENTp may see a possibility or discuss something sometimes that others think is completely random or inappropriate, but all the ENTp was doing was trying to connect possibilities in what the other people were saying and ask questions like "well what about this?" ENTps do not mean do make people feel uncomfortable sometimes. This is sorta what I mean by childlike. Just like when a child hears a swear word from someone and repeats it to his parent, and the parent scolds him, its not the child's fault, they were just repeating what they had heard from someone else (combining knowledge and context), even though the word itself may be offensive to some, the child had no intent of being offensive. Well when ENTps bring up stuff or mention stuff sometimes, they're just saying things that they see with their Ne and Ti and most of the time do not know how others will receive it. Thus why they need approval or recognition from others, just like a child does.

Heh Fe is something that's easy to recognize but hard to describe. For us ENTps, its what I think drives our emotional side. Its really energizing, very direct, and activates us.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps often have a bit of a stubborn rebellious streak too I think.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps often have a bit of a stubborn rebellious streak too I think.
    HAHAHA It's like you guys have known me all my life... Im kind of excited about all this, it's a bit strange that I can be pegged so easily, but then again, so can everyone else!

As for being childlike, When I said my mom calls me Peter Pan, it's mostly because I love practical jokes, and I tend to 'mind-wander' as my parents would say, we'll be talking about one thing, and all ask something that seems completely out of the blue.
    Plus Im not exactly "mature" for my age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh Fe is something that's easy to recognize but hard to describe. For us ENTps, its what I think drives our emotional side. Its really energizing, very direct, and activates us.
    Is it part of my enthusiasm? Is it good/bad, or like all things, in moderation it helps? what are the full type-names for "Ne, Ti, Fe, Si" and all that... as far as things go, so far I've pretty much found that Im MBTI- ENTp, Socionics- ILE "the seeker", and whatever those sub-types are I have no idea

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I know the feeling of amazement when its like describing you so well . Fe is something that we can't get enough of; there is no such thing as too much Fe for us heh. There is good Fe and bad Fe, like many other things.

what are the full type-names for "Ne, Ti, Fe, Si" and all that... as far as things go
    Hmm this is a tough one. Like I know what they are, but hard to put in words. A while back I had talked on socionix and they were trying to come up with words that would explain how the functions work in the world. The last I remember they had defined 3 of these 4.

Ti = coherence
    Fe = induction (like the way energy is induced in science) similar to the way certain people get energized with Fe.
    Si = maintaining harmony with one's environment (going with the apparent flow of it [external flow])

Here's how I would describe Ne: searching for possibilities within a given context. Seeing the connections between different factors within an environment.

Hey if you want you can give me an experience that affected you in some way and we can break it down functionally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey if you want you can give me an experience that affected you in some way and we can break it down functionally
    I'd say the biggest or most important experience was breaking up with my g/f of 5 years... I realized I was never gonna marry her, didn't really care for her family, and figured I was wasting my time, so I moved out over the christmas Holidays, hung out with my friends for a while, and then my best mate (a Kiwi) asked if I wanted to go to New Zealand for a bit... so here I am working in Auckland. I don't know what kinda details you'd be looking for, or what sort of situation you'd like instead, but Im up for discussion!

Creepy-bg

what's a Kiwi? (besides a funky ass fruit)

Creepy-bg

nvmd got it... a New Zealander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    nvmd got it... a New Zealander
    You got it bro, land of the Egg-chaser (rugby player)

I've also got another question about all the Socionics descriptions, apparently ENTP's and ILE's have poor style, or try to look like nerds... I tend to dress quite well, but Im not sure if that's my mom's influence or the fact that I grew up in a stylish french community(Montreal, PQ, Canada)?

Creepy-bg

don't pay too much attention to the type descriptions... you can pretty much be any type and do any thing. The type descriptions just describe some general trends but nowhere near rules or whatnot. You can have style and be an ENTp... same as I can dress like a deranged hobo and be ISFp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    don't pay too much attention to the type descriptions... you can pretty much be any type and do any thing. The type descriptions just describe some general trends but nowhere near rules or whatnot. You can have style and be an ENTp... same as I can dress like a deranged hobo and be ISFp
    Cool, so ultimately each 'character-type' would be considered the proto-typical individual, and anyone classed as a certain type/sub-type will be affected by their environment? Im just assuming that we're like a science project, and under biological and environmental conditions, we'll adapt.

PS;
    Lets keep the verbal jousting in the other forum...