Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different types of ENFps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Different types of ENFps

There seems to be 2 types of ENFPs, the shy more withdrawn types, and the outgoing, more sexually lusting ones...

This is a thread to discuss the differences between the two.

I find the shy types arent as appealing as the more outgoing ones. I think the shy ones might be a bit more sensitive to reading emotions, though. Ive noticed even over the phone they seem psychic when it comes to my emotions.

Perhaps its the duality though.

{♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew a really outgoing ENFp once who was not really all that lusty ... maybe she was a hybrid!

Or maybe the fact that she was sweet and religious had something to do with it too ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Religion getting in the way of a good time...
    damn

lol just jokin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well most of the time I'm totally inactive so it would probably make me the quieter subtype but occasionally - for unknown reasons, it may happen whenever and wherever - I activize and become "the soul of the party." I even feel different, like it is another person inside me (remember prof. Sherman Klump and Buddy Love from "The Nutty Professor" by Eddie Murphy? It's the same). People who don't know me very well think I'm drunk or something while I'm absolutely not
    ENFP +2GMT

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea all ENFPs have that wild child... Perhaps the quiter ones activate that wild child more, or when they do it is a bit stronger because they have been storing a bit of that potential energy for so long?

Hm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andris
    Well most of the time I'm totally inactive so it would probably make me the quieter subtype but occasionally - for unknown reasons, it may happen whenever and wherever - I activize and become "the soul of the party." I even feel different, like it is another person inside me (remember prof. Sherman Klump and Buddy Love from "The Nutty Professor" by Eddie Murphy? It's the same). People who don't know me very well think I'm drunk or something while I'm absolutely not
    This is funny. I have a friend with whom I would act a complete fool and have everyone rolling around on the ground with laughter. It would come about because a situation or something in my head would inspire it. Later though he'd bring other friends around so that I could "perform" for them and I would be in a totally different mood. So I would just sit there polite and sane and he would look at me like "Whats wrong? Do your thing...." And Im like .."huh? What thing? What do I look like, some machine you can just pop quarters in my mouth and I jump up and do tricks?" Oddly everyone laughed at the statement and then I suddenly fell into a comedy routine Somehow I got jump started.
    But, its true I dont like trying to be funny on command or expressing any emotion I dont feel really. I like to feel what I feel when I feel it and be completely honest about it.
    If you want to jump start me put on some music. If its the right kind I will come ALIVE. Then you may start regretting you did
    OH KAY

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...

Music = wild child gotcha... Thx

I wonder what a little alchol does to the equation... LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    lol...

Music = wild child gotcha... Thx

I wonder what a little alchol does to the equation... LOL
    In my case...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ENFPs dont need alcohol.

Topaz

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they are often interesting enough without it ... :wink:

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm probably the more outgoing type although I have withdrawn moments during which I need to recharge. But I can attest to the wild child. It is not always there, but when it's there, I can become the life of the party. Mostly my ESFP friends bring it out ('cause they want their parties to be a success, ha!). But I, too, have to be in the right mood for it. When it's one of my withdrawn oh-my-gosh-so-many-people days, I'm a total bore. But that's the exception rather than the norm.

For me, alcohol makes this wild child wilder, but only when she feels comfortable around the people she's drinking with. Ehm, and lustier I guess...

I come across as very fun and confident and self-assured, but really I'm pretty insecure and often worry about how I come across. Perhaps it's because I'm super-sensitive when it comes to people's behavior and I pick up vibes and emotions in others easily, so I always feel I have to act just right. Does that make sense to other ENFPs?

I don't know any other ENFPs in real life, so this is really interesting...

Kim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Holy shit, this is exactly how I am, but I haven't yet nailed down a type, but I don't think it is ENFp.
    I think you're ENFp. I could say I'm 100% sure of it, but I've been known to be way too over-confident in the past.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Holy shit, this is exactly how I am, but I haven't yet nailed down a type, but I don't think it is ENFp.
    I think you're ENFp. I could say I'm 100% sure of it, but I've been known to be way too over-confident in the past.
    I actually think that he is INFP; maybe even small chance of INTP. The reason is because when he talks about himself the Ni-Si is so damned clear. I know I dont like sounding too over-confident either, but Transigent's Ni really jumps out and slaps you in the face.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    maybe even small chance of INTP.
    This is the best that I have come up with so far!
    Except you seem to care more about Ti and appear to have little Te (no offense ). You do know that getting tired around people is what happens to introverts, not thinkers. IxFx types grow tired too. Or maybe you are INTP but just don't show it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I can disprove this by simply saying that I know EXACTLY what you would use if you were going to prove it...thereby showing a focus on something that, theoretically, I shouldn't have a focus on....
    Sorry, but the rest of your post shows that you DON'T know what I would use to prove you are ENFp. People are missing something vitally important in your posts, Transigent.

Someday I will prove to the world that you are ENFp. But I'm too busy now (college starts on Monday.)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, sorry I had to bring this up but I found it kind of intersting,

In studying a personality theory, the most obvious (and easy) subject on which to run empirical "tests" on is one's own self. Therefore, in order to understand an explanation of a theory, FIRST AND FOREMOST, the theory should be able to be consonant with the person doing the investigation and understanding.

(Although this may be a thinly veiled cry for help from the community to help me identify my type [since I assume that the "Whats my type" forum is less "populated" by responses].....but I SINCERLY think that this post is a LEGITAMATE discussion point...even though there are many "I am this..." and "I am that...."...but I digress.)

Supposedly (based on my *individual* type preferences [i.e. E vs. I, N vs. S, etc.]) I am an INTP. (Also, let me state without hesitation: I am most DEFINITELY intuitive and irrational!)

However, in the individual function positions (i.e. Ni - Et - etc.) I do not find any correspondance with my own personality.

(And yes, I realize that the better way to determine type is by OTHER methods, but why the ad-hoc method? Why so complicated? I propose that maybe an increased understanding of WHAT each function IS and what it DOES at each POSITION is needed.)

Mainly,:

Ni - Supposedly concerned with TIME and IMAGINATION....

....which in my own self I do not see. I have a great deal of imaginations, but mostly these concern the creation/analysis of different theorys, original ideas that would solve problems/provide utility, etc. Unfruitful imagination is NOT my forte. I am more interested in trying to make fantasy a reality then to focus on the fantasy.

Aside: When I was younger (<8), I was interested in sci-fi and all that stuff, but now I would rather study the physics behind the fiction with a final eye on making a connection that will enable the realization of that sci-fi fantasy.

And about the TIME thing....while I am never late (when I WANT to be on time! ) I don't really see any ability to forsee into the future or see trends or predict behavior, or anything else that corresponds to this aspect of Ni.

Secondly,

Te - supposedly concerned with the fact, the logic outside in the world, the pendantry, the .... (oops, reading russian translations has rubbed off a bit! Pretty soon will start calling "his" and "hers" .... "its"!)

Alas! I have a disrespect for unmolested facts. Of course theory must be manifest in reality, but I like theory because it enables one to acquire the ability to DERIVE the facts rather than be BURDENED with having to remember them. Of course, the minute the theory does not work, it must be altered (for the logicians, this means that the AXIOMS must be changed, since any REAL theory is logically consistent regarding the derived predictions; any pretention to being a theory according to logic [and not an intuitive theory] MUST satisfy this relation: AXIOMS+LOGIC=PREDICTION)

I say this because there are those out there who claim to have theorys (that stubbornly resist changing) that are NOTHING MORE than inchoate globs of scattered intuitions combined with events that are magnified in importance in the eyes of the so-called-theoritician.

And finally,

Many people who *I* would type as INTJ's (I think that I may tell INT surely + my own assesment of thier "rationality") seem to have the traits that I mentioned above. That is, ***traits that are associated with Ni - Et.***

I see many "INTJ", (work in science) and the one-on-one's with them seem to manifest in:

They: this algorithm, this method, that equation, so-and-so did similar thing we do same

Me: new situation, we must start over, first principles, theorys can be altered since none are yet perfect,

They: moralizing, philosophizing, right and wrong,

Me: yes, interesting, but a given; logic says (shown by godel) everything is unknown, rather,

Me: see here? What can be done with this? Maybe we could use this ass....Maybe this could be.....What if we.....etc.

They: no, so-and-so's rule seems to say it may not work, impossible, crazy...

Of course, there is none to tell who is right or not, but MY opinion is that I am right. (I match their anger and exitement with an ON-PURPOSE weaking of voice and diminutiveness [so as not to obfuscate the situation with emotions] BUT with IRON clad logic until they are convinced.....pretty much I have to work backwards the theory until I hit AXIOMS then systematically [socratic methadally] show that BAD axiom can be replaced with a REASONABLE axiom that can accomidate my ideas.)

So, I am faced with different possibilities:

1) I am in error regarding Ni and Te manifestation.

2 a) I am in error regarding rationality and other introverts rationality/irrationality.

2 b) I am in error regarding introversion/extroversion and other introverts rationality/irrationality. (i.e. making me ENTP and them INTP)

2b seems to be the most convinent, however, I am most definitely NOT volitionally social. Social events impinge upon my research and I have moved to actively eliminate my social ties. (Most people like to do the "normal" things that I have no desire for anymore.)

I am most happiest when FREE from social restrictions. Free to investigate the world/science/etc.

I would say that I am not social due to the UNINTEREST on the part of myself to most forms of subject matter. When in conversations my love of the abstractions is insatiable, but there are two types: (I) either it is all too IMPRACTICAL for them or (II)they are given to FANCY and unjustified, uncorroborated SPECULATION under the guise of being "deep".

2b (that is, I am actually INTJ) seems invalid. I am not cold (in my opinion of course ) and I am frequently chastized for being too immature. However, when it comes down to perfecting something, I must have peace to think.

I think that perhaps E/I refers NOT IN ANY WAY to interpersonal matters, but to GOALS of the person. Extravert will have goals in the world; Introvert will have goals in the person.

I think that maybe ALL of the interpersonal matters should be struck from definition of E/I and be relegated to IMPLICATIONS of....

Like ES dominant will be manifest cause sex requires other people (sex BIG volitional sensing!)

Like ET dominant will be organizational of things, environment...and people are PART of that environment that needs to be organized

Maybe the only function that provides desire to connect/repel with people is the **F** coordinate????

Or maybe I am INFP and have no idea what I am talking about!!!!!

(This is a test)
    ^^ It looks like you always "knew" you were INFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh-oh, thread hijack. My fault, sorry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I figured someone would use that eventually Mr. Rocky! I didn't think it would take so long, I had given up hope...but leave it to an ISTp to research the past so thouroghly...lol!
    I also found a post where you said something like it would be extremly painful if someone would make a joke or comment about your appearnce, and it might take you a couple days to recover. INxP anyone? This plus the way you tend to relate to Ni a lot. Maybe Ni shouldn't be called "Intuition of time", but something more useful like "Intuition of hidden potential".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

way to ruin a perfectly good thread... I swear to god....

this shouldbve became another thread, we need more moderators.

ENFPs dont need alcohol.
    Topaz, I never said you do need alcohol, just subtly proposing it would make the wild child wilder, as Enfp_wants_IntJ stated.

This is a dictionary example of a hijacked thread, we need some thread marshals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

way to ruin a perfectly good thread... I swear to god....

this shouldbve became another thread, we need more moderators.

ENFPs dont need alcohol.
    Topaz, I never said you do need alcohol, just subtly proposing it would make the wild child wilder, as Enfp_wants_IntJ stated.
    Dont worry Ice Im sure we can find some alcohol loving, wild enfps out there. OK ENFPS, BY A SHOW OF HANDS, WHO GETS WILDER AFTER A COUPLE OR MORE BEERS? C'MON I KNOW YOURE OUT THERE....!

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

I know other factors play a role for everyone... Obviously not ALL ISTPs drink because of religious or other factors.

Creepy-

"I think you're ENFp. I could say I'm 100% sure of it, but I've been known to be way too over-confident in the past."

Is thast a fact?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Oh, TOTALLY! That is why my ESFP friends always make sure that there is booze in the house when I come over....
    This is the second mention of ESFPs getting ENFPS to 'perform'. The reason I noticed was because my friend I mentioned above is also ESFP. I wonder if this is a common happening.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we are less likely to find any SHY ENFPs on this site?

damn...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we are less likely to find any SHY ENFPs on this site?

damn...
    Sometimes they are one and the same depending on who they are around

Topaz

Creepy-RMX

Icepick have you gone ENFP mad? I am an ENFP and I can assure you that I have absolutely no attraction for ISTP types. I am more attracted to ESTjs and INTJs. Some revising needs to take place with this system because even after being around an ISTP for some time I still don't feel them. They are really difficult and extremely maladjusted it seems.

Some revising needs to take place with this system because even after being around an ISTP for some time I still don't feel them. They are really difficult and extremely maladjusted it seems.
    Or maybe you're a really difficult and maladjusted ENFP? Have you been around many ISTPs? I don't think you can debunk socionics based on the behaviour of a single individual. I think of socionics being true in a general sense, not necessarily true in every single situation. As an INFP I have noticed that I get along very well with ISTJs and ESTPs. It's these intertype relations theories which pretty much convinced me that I'm an INFP.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well put, ayoforjager. I often am quite wary of people's typing skills.

And about duals: dual repulsion is often quite common at first contact. I knew a girl of whom I couldn't stand for the longest time. Then I realized that she was an ESFp. Now my impression of her has changed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RMX
    Icepick have you gone ENFP mad? I am an ENFP and I can assure you that I have absolutely no attraction for ISTP types. I am more attracted to ESTjs and INTJs. Some revising needs to take place with this system because even after being around an ISTP for some time I still don't feel them. They are really difficult and extremely maladjusted it seems.
    You havent encountered your dual for long enough. For it to work you need similar backgrounds, ambitions, and mutual attraction.

You only realize they are so important after not seeing them for a while and not being able to get them out of your head still.

Implied: We all gotta keep hope. ENFPs feel they may never find the one after sifting through all the 'bad boys' and other types they may have found attractive. Eventually we become naturally attracted to those whom we've had best interactions with, usually our duals. I dont see how you would be withdrawn around ISTPs. We need the more outgoing type to bring out our ideas and thoughts. I think ISTP and ENFPs have the most frustrating duality, but possibly the most rewarding... They complement each other in a physical and emotional level as all duals do...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its all about the ISTP-ENFP duality...

I would argue that without duality, infidelity is more likely to occur, and a whole slew of other problems!

Get with the program! Find a dual!

:wink:

Anyways

Do you think the more outgoing ENFPs are more optomistic in life?

Just trying to find the subtle differences, and STAY ON TOPIC...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL I could see myself getting pissed about an ENFP's friends... I wouldnt criticize though.. I guess it depends how matured the ISTP is in life. (well developed people skills etc)...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find ISTP girls boring and at times frustrating. I'd much rather an ESFP or another ENFP. They're exciting.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    I find ISTP girls boring and at times frustrating. I'd much rather an ESFP or another ENFP. They're exciting.
    Be careful, the anti-anti ISTp censorship association is watching you. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NeonMonk, you get an F... For everything including effort.

Ive had bad encounters with ENTPs and at first hated them all... I learned they have many concepts to offer the world. We might not get along socializing all the time... Thats alright. All 16 types have their strengths and weaknesses. The ISTP is fully attached the physical world. His stregnth is his weakness. We can accomplish things that drop people's jaws in awe. However, we can be lazy and emotionally disconnected to the point where we dont even mean to hurt people and we do... We dont know it. We might think we hurt someone but our 'machoism' usually gets in the way of even thinking of an apology... Most ISTPs Ive met are down to Earth... Like any type you have your jerks. ISTPs who are jerks are usually ones who were abused at a young age or treated like shit by people so much in their life they became jaded. Watch out for the jaded ISTP... Even worst if they have a gun .

Yeah, when you first get to know them, they can appear self-centered but they are thoughtful to their friends: little things like offering to send you home or volunteering to help you move house etc. Not good with words but they show it through their actions. Of course there are selfish ones around. To be honest, I cannot claim to like every ISTp I know. Type does not make up the whole of an individual's personality or character. I wish that people would realize this or else they'd be always thinking that certain types are not capable of doing 'bad things'. That is a misguided perception.
    Nfp, you hit a bulls eye...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accept this, I speak from experience. I've tried with a girl who was ISTP, but I found that she tried to bog down my fantasy world that writhes within me. She reminded me more of my parents than of a lover. Which frustrated me to a point of no return. I of course realise that her type does not make the whole. And while I still do hold a place in my heart for her, my tireless search for something that did not bore me got the better of me.

I am currently in a relationship with another ENFP. And I can understand why people think of us as manipulative now. We constantly try to make each other jealous, very frustrating, but in a way, exciting. I'm still young, and from this relationship I seem to learn a lot about myself. So perhaps this is the relationship that will lead me to a successful one with an ISTP? Who knows. Perhaps this is the relationship that will last me a life time (I do love this girl).

I think after getting into socionics a lot of us start looking for our dual, rather than a person who makes us *feel* whole. This girl, even though we don't match up like the dual relationship is supposed to, we can't go three weeks without one another. I think this is enough.

But as I said, I'm still young, and perhaps this is experience I need to understand myself, perhaps we all need an identical relationship before we're thoroughly prepared for a dual? In an identical you learn a lot about how you come across to others, the things you do and the way people see them. I never realised I played games with people, but in this relationship I often think "wow she's playing games with me" and then I realise, wait a second, I do that too! I've been called manipulative before, but I never thought I was, but now, due to this relationshp, I can see why people think I am.

I'm rambling, so now I'll shut up.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And lol @ the ISTP mafia.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea going to follow be a police officer if I ever get bored of being in the military...

HOOAH

I love it... No traffic tickets!

ESTJs make the best sergeants/supervisors though!

I am currently in a relationship with another ENFP. And I can understand why people think of us as manipulative now. We constantly try to make each other jealous, very frustrating, but in a way, exciting. I'm still young, and from this relationship I seem to learn a lot about myself. So perhaps this is the relationship that will lead me to a successful one with an ISTP? Who knows. Perhaps this is the relationship that will last me a life time (I do love this girl).
    Actually, I think identical relationships are the only true alternative to duality... To get such a similar feeling. You need a lot of stuff to line up: common life goals, common interests etc... This is probably easier to come accross as an ENFP. I find with other ISTPs one will become more extroverted, and each encounter that one will take on the ENF role... What keeps it interesting to us ISTPs (and I guess ENFPs) who both get bored easily is that in (in the ENFP case) one satisfying the other's IST. The cool part is its not permanent and each encounter there is a (COMPLETELY???) random chance of either getting the role of filling in the dual. This is an exciting feeling, and the randomness of it all keeps it interesting..

I think.

As for the manipulative part.... Yea you ENFPs love to make someone jealous... I get the vibe you arent consciously doing it, so I shrug it off... Maybe its the duality though.

Creepy-

Default hooah

lol

ENFP unconscious jealous trigger/emotional embrace

#32142342354234234-12321321.22: I miss you

ISTP unconscious tactical reply

#13123: Oh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

duals need each other, its damn addictive!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Neon Monk, weren't you an INFP?

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    And lol @ the ISTP mafia.
    LoL. When I read what Nessy (an ixtp) wrote, I thought to myself "Delta males (ST) make good law enforcers".
    Nessy?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast