Thread: Being recently classed an ENTP HELP!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Being recently classed an ENTP... HELP!

Hello all;
    I recently had to take a "personality-test" for work, and after a few hours of exhaustive gobbledy****, they came to the conclusion that I have the personality traites of an ENTP. I have read about this, and right off the bat I felt a little uncomfortable about being pigeon-holed so easily. When reading information from numourous websites, the general discription seems to match me perfectly. My friends, parents and even some old professors who have read this have all said it's me. Im not disappointed by this, as a matter of fact it certainly explains a lot about me, like why I like to argue, why I like to tease people, and why I can't find a girl I like (and no, it's not because I should be looking for boys [not that there's anything wrong with that]). Are there many other ENTP's on here, or are we a rare-breed? As for you other personality types, please give me some feed back as to what type of people we are/can be... So far I've been a jerk, and mildly successful in life, is there any hope left? Oh, and if there are any 'duals' or 'mirrors' out there who want Canadian citizenship, or a husband, send me a note as well
    Thank you all for your time,
    Brandon

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not your dual or mirror, but i'll pretend to be one if you can get me north of this shithole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

Not too keen on the Big Apple eh? I wouldn't be either, but that's because I don't like the Yankees... Other then that, it'll take a while, Im currently killing time in New Zealand, unless of course you're a brilliantly attractive woman

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehhh ... what is in here to describe your personality type? Sounds like a plea for help! Lol ...

I've been there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be your mirror, but I'm a male. Sorry
    Intuition

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently had to take a "personality-test" for work, and after a few hours of exhaustive gobbledy****, they came to the conclusion that I have the personality traites of an ENTP.
    This is a latently aggressive statement. We call such statements products of the personal knowledge function. (opinionated, prone to arrogance). Using this statement we can figure your type.

"I recently had to take a "personality-test" for work": this is (introverted intuition) because you are noting something that happened on a timeline as a point in a sequence of events. You use the events of this timeline as a function of agression... that's 7th function personal knowledge. For ENTp, is the personal knowledge function. (in contrast to the (extroverted intuition) base function of random possibility) You follow this use of by a reference to "gobblede****", which sounds to me like discussion or communication between individuals. It could also mean computations, calculations. Either of these boil down to (extroverted thinking). Following this is a conclusion, which could be either or (extroverted feeling). This makes it difficult to tell: if it represents a subjective experience within these people of your being ENTp, it could be , but if it represents a mutual conclusion between all of them, then it is data. ("you are ENTp") The previous allusion to (their communication) is irrelevant to socionics because it is an application of information exertion as opposed to information metabolism, the former not being a focus of socionics because socionics pioneer Aushura Augusta (the founder of the discipline) apparently (from what I can tell) assumed that one type could account for both. (this is, from my observations, very rare) ...So to say, no test now devised actually measures it. Indeed, that I know of there is no formal research being done regarding it.

But it's irrelevant to your type, which is, depending on what the communication is interpreted by you as being, or . If , then determination is standing contrary to (introverted feeling) creation: you are ENFp. If , then determination stands contrary to (introverted thinking).

Let's take a look at the following sentence:
    I have read about this, and right off the bat I felt a little uncomfortable about being pigeon-holed so easily.
    Ok, now it gets more complicated. You have completed the previous cycle (which ended upon your use of the determination function) and arrived back at your base function. () The possibility of your being pigeonholed (a comparator function of ) strikes your feelings, which means information metabolism implies information exertion. (a possibility can change what a person feels, in other words) Then the prase "I recently had to take a "personality-test" for work" is a use of your subjective perception as personal knowledge (some may disagree with your characterization of "personality test"; MBTI adherents in particular would be upset), so it is that is information extertion, not . This actually makes sense: a metabolism function followed by exertion is always an analysis of the evolution of the metabolism function over time. (think of it as a math formula in which elements of the metabolism function are the variables) The following statement "and after a few hours of exhaustive gobbledy****, they came to the conclusion that I have the personality traites of an ENTP" is all evolving over the hours considered. Traits are another manifestation of .

When reading information from numerous websites, the general discription seems to match me perfectly.
    So in light of the above, we see that the following sentence "When reading information from numerous websites, the general discription seems to match me perfectly" is in an instance of : when you are reading information and making comparisons () you come to the conclusion that you match them. () There is no reference to feeling here. We could go more into it, but perhaps that's best discussed elsewhere. The point is you are socionics ENTp, and in view of a theory that accounted for extertion as well as metabolism, ENTp-INFj. In socionics we find that type often correlates to physical appearance (facial structure, gate, rythm, poise, etc.) in some measure.... I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you actually bear more than a passing physical resemblance to this person.

I want to thank you... I'd noticed that girl was similar in appearance and manner to Einstein, but I hadn't figured yet how to place it. (She and you are both ENTp-INFj, whereas Einstein was ENTP-INTj) I've got a question: do you believe also in the existence of karma?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default continued...

Thanks for the synopsis... however, Im not quite sure how to take it... Either you're saying I look like a girl, or she's twice the man I'll ever be Actually, I asked my flat-mate, and she said that girl had the same eyes, nose and lips as me... so apparently there is quite a resemblence. As for Karma, I don't believe in any super-natural things, such as god, an almighty-creator, or fate. But, I do believe that our actions have consequences, and they may be repaid in kind later on (so in a sense, Karma exists as human-interaction to me). Also, I've never been very superstitious...
    Lets see if you can guess what career path I've taken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default to continue...

Sorry for the delay, rugby practise... Carrying on from the earlier synopsis, what sort of questions, scenarios and the like would most demonstrate what character type I am? For anyone who is studying character-traites and personality-types, I open myself to serious questions on the topic. Having taken some basic online tests for both Myers-Brigg and Socionics, the conclusion seems to be that I am plausibly an ENTP, however, Im not entirely satisfied with the results, and I have further read a number of breakdowns and descriptions on the issue. Although, having asked some friends to review some of those general descriptions of that personality-type, it has been practically unanimous in agreement that I am suited perfectly as an ENTP.
    Are there any situations, questions or the like that can be asked in which there can be a greater understanding of what character-type I may truly be?
    What field of psychology is personality-study in, and how many of you are actually students/researchers/professors trying to learn more on the topic?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am your mirror, and I have had a lot of experience with ENTps, mostly with males but some females too. I think socionics has helped me explain our relations in not so vague terms. So. That's out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    i am your mirror, and I have had a lot of experience with ENTps, mostly with males but some females too. I think socionics has helped me explain our relations in not so vague terms. So. That's out there.
    As my mirror, you're supposed to be like my ideal partner right? Since you've had experience with people like me, what's your basic feeling towards ENTP's... Are most ENTP's usually rude and insensitive? Are we interesting/annoying? Anything you can think of that you'd like to add?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duals are supposed to be your "ideal partners" if that's a good way of thinking at all.
    Intuition

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    As my mirror, you're supposed to be like my ideal partner right? Since you've had experience with people like me, what's your basic feeling towards ENTP's... Are most ENTP's usually rude and insensitive? Are we interesting/annoying? Anything you can think of that you'd like to add?
    Oh I wasn't aware that in MBTI the person who differs on the introverted/extraverted scale and the judging/perceiving scale is called your mirror, just like in socionics? I think you are just mixing information? I have seen some personality sites that say that INTJ-ENTP and ENTJ-INTP are "best" matches, and they give a really vague rationale for it too

In socionics your dual is your most compatible partner. Your mirror is described by socionics.com as someone you make excellent friends or workmates with, whose ideas you find interesting and constructive, but when you become closer with your mirror you will experience more problems/misunderstandings. I have found this to be true in many cases. I think, as with many relations, the particular class of relation is different depending on which type pair you are talking about. So, it's been posted somewhere on this forum that the INTj-ENTp pair could be the most constantly interesting and frustrating of all mirror pairs. *shrug* in my experience i have been constantly interested and frustrated hahaha and again more frustration happens when you start getting more intimate. I believe this to be due to the j vs. p expectations of relationships.

The end.

EDIT: about being rude, annoying etc. As a type that is very similar to the ENTp an INTj wouldn't be as annoyed with this behavior which is something that they can understand. I don't really know how to answer that question. I guess the answer is yes they can come off rude, in my experience but I have understood where it was coming from more often than not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

[quote="Ms. KensingtonEDIT: about being rude, annoying etc. As a type that is very similar to the ENTp an INTj wouldn't be as annoyed with this behavior which is something that they can understand. I don't really know how to answer that question. I guess the answer is yes they can come off rude, in my experience but I have understood where it was coming from more often than not.[/quote]

Funny you should say that, my best mate is a Kiwi, and because I was basically bored with what I was doing in Canada, he asked me if I wanted to come check out New Zealand for a year, I figured I had nothing better to do, plus I wanted to see New Zealand, and play rugby, so I went. We're flatmates here, and we tend to get along better then a lot of my other friends thus far, so I had him take a few of those online tests. He scored very well as an INTJ So, basically what I've figured out is that I've found my hetero-sexual soul-mate Luckily we don't have to worry too much about delving too deeply into the relationship stuff
    I've got another question for you? What is my 'dual' supposed to be and how is it that we'll get along so well?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your dual will cover for your entire subconscious, and you will cover for theirs. They are superb at all of your weakest points, and you are superb with theirs. You are natural allies.

If you really want to go for perfection, try looking for a ISFp-ESTj. ISFps are very artsy, very into drawing and making (breathtakingly) pretty things. (although not all make pretty things...) ESTjs are very organized, "Sherlock Holms" type people. ISFp-ESTj is somewhat of a mix of these: an artistically inclined person who enjoys administrating or directing others' behavior. Not all are artsy of course; some put their efforts toward bringing people together, peacemaking. An authority that likes to keep things civil in the office, that's what you're looking for, perhaps.

Oh that karma thing: are you familiar with Jung's concept of entandromia, or "self-regulation of the psyche"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Your dual will cover for your entire subconscious, and you will cover for theirs. They are superb at all of your weakest points, and you are superb with theirs. You are natural allies.
    If you really want to go for perfection, try looking for a ISFp-ESTj. ISFps are very artsy, very into drawing and making (breathtakingly) pretty things. (although not all make pretty things...) ESTjs are very organized, "Sherlock Holms" type people. ISFp-ESTj is somewhat of a mix of these: an artistically inclined person who enjoys administrating or directing others' behavior. Not all are artsy of course; some put their efforts toward bringing people together, peacemaking. An authority that likes to keep things civil in the office, that's what you're looking for, perhaps.
    Oh that karma thing: are you familiar with Jung's concept of entandromia, or "self-regulation of the psyche"?
    As far as my 'dual' goes... How the hell am I supposed to find her She'll be into everything Im not... Although I find it difficult to deal with artsy-fartsy people, mostly because I've always felt that stuff was a waste of time. I definitely like organized people though, they do all the cleaning, which Im really bad at...
    I'd like to point out that my education is in Political Science and Law, Im not very familiar with psychology. However, "self-regulation of the psyche" seems relatively explanatory, as in a self-fulfilling prophecy... if you want it to, it'll happen.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI zzzzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    MBTI zzzzz
    Oooo Arrogant, I love it!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI zzzzz
    Oooo Arrogant, I love it!
    been there, done that. arrogance soon fades into boredom.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, even if you're bored, it's still arrogant! But I love that you may be blaisé about things, but that's because you're trying to hard to be cool

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your dual usually seems to be concerned with things that seem like a waste of time. Sergei Ganin says much about the relations between introvert and extrovert duals on his website, http://www.socionics.com/.

I don't think it should be that hard to find your dual because you are naturally drawn to them. Think of the road to your dual as analogous to the "null-geodescic" or "pathway of least resistance" in physics. You probably just aren't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Branden
    Nah, even if you're bored, it's still arrogant! But I love that you may be blaisé about things, but that's because you're trying to hard to be cool
    That's interesting. How did you know that about him? (or think you knew it?)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no; not really. i'm just really sick of idiots coming here and proceed to throw around socionics and MBTI with reckless abandon until both theories reach the point of no return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no; not really. i'm just really sick of idiots coming here and proceed to throw around socionics and MBTI with reckless abandon until both theories reach the point of no return.
    You seem way to hung up on this... when was the last time you left your mom's basement to talk to real people?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem way to hung up on this... when was the last time you left your mom's basement to talk to real people?
    never.

Creepy-bg

(niffweed's in a wheelchair dude )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    I don't think it should be that hard to find your dual because you are naturally drawn to them. Think of the road to your dual as analogous to the "null-geodescic" or "pathway of least resistance" in physics. You probably just aren't looking.
    Seems logical, and you're definitely right, Im taking the approach that maybe she'll find me, but if she's an introvert, what are the chances she'll be out and about I figure I should join an art or yoga class, maybe then I'll meet her, otherwise, I'll have a "sensitive-side" that girls will appreciate

[/quote]That's interesting. How did you know that about him? (or think you knew it?)[/quote]

It was pretty easy, he clearly thinks highly of himself, because if he's discussed it, whether anyone else has or not, it's not worth discussing Although, Im highly supect as to the quality of his contributions to any conversation anyways

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah, what a joy to see such brilliant new contributors.

carry on.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brandon, I suggest you do some more reading about Socionics before barraging us with questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Brandon, I suggest you do some more reading about Socionics before barraging us with questions.
    At the end of the day, I don't think you're actually required to answer any questions I have... I guess you just felt inclined to interject your opinion... But to be honest Im not all that interested in it Also, this isn't my primary area of interest, so I'd rather someone just tell me what I want to know, rather then use my valuable time 'researching' something that has nothing to do with my day to day career
    So in the end, thanks but no thanks.

Creepy-bg

we're going to find you and do horrible things to you (and your mother) for wasting our time... :wink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    we're going to find you and do horrible things to you (and your mother) for wasting our time... :wink:
    I'd be worried if this was a threat from someone else, but Im not even concerned that you know HOW to do horrible things to a woman I'd be suprised if you even knew how to do wonderful things to a woman

Creepy-bg

I'd be worried if this was a threat from someone else, but Im not even concerned that you know HOW to do horrible things to a woman I'd be suprised if you even knew how to do wonderful things to a woman
    nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice
    Finally, some common-courtesy I apologize for asking questions, but otherwise, how am I going to learn... Usually all I can find about socionics is a shoddy russian-to-english translation that mixes words, and has horrible syntax, so it's not as easy to follow on your first go-around