Thread: Different "styles" of ILI (INTp)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Different "styles" of ILI (INTp)

Okay, hope you don't mind my copying the other thread's idea....Here's my version for ILI. See if you agree with these.

The following types of people whom I think are ILI aren't all mutually exclusive (some people may have traits of more than one of these). They're very similar in that they're more approachable than they appear to be:

1) Highly talkative and somewhat clingy. Talks about some area of knowledge at length, and is difficult to interrupt. Has low awareness of whether other people are interested, but very easy to get along with.

2) Has strong opinions; likes to debate in a lawyerly style; amenable to a good argument; has high logical standards and avoids being too "soft."

3) Artist type; writes stories, takes pictures, writes music, etc. Usually somewhat perfectionistic about his/her art. Interested in abstract/geometric patterns. Tends to dabble in lots of things. Usually doesn't take a lot of initiative in doing something with his/her creations.

4) Straightforward, easy-going and friendly; usually involved in some technical field. Creates the appearance of organization and control but relies on others to supply initiative.

In addition, here are some types of people who may be ILI according to some views, but are more probably other types:

a) Engineering mentality; interested in making money; obsessively normal; lacks own personality; tends to follow the group in whatever it does; lacks convictions; low sense of morality. Possibly SLI? (or ILI but psychopathic? Tcaud-style crosstype?)

b) Heavy planner; researches everything in advance; annoyed if things don't go as planned; lives life as a sequence of planned actions; concerned with planning actions and averting what might go wrong; action-oriented; highly organized but likes to relax (usually relaxation time is scheduled). Business-oriented. Possibly LSE, LIE, or SLI?

c) Hard-working scientist type; seems to know everything; rather eccentric; very commanding and directing. Good at figuring things out; sometimes jumps to conclusions. Possibly LIE or LII.

d) Flaunts impression of knowledge (without necessarily demonstrating it); intellectually aggressive; power-driven; arrogant-seeming, uses unfair means of attacking opponent or making opponent look bad; implies that opponent is stupid. Probable LSI.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identify strongly with 2 and 3, much less with 1 and 4, and not at all with a, b, c, and d.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    This is all well and good, but it could easily become too complicated. Of course there are going to be variations on the INTp theme, but it is probably more useful to focus on the similarities when there is only 1 type involved.
    Well, yes, if the idea is to understand the "perfect ILI prototype." But in some other threads people were suggesting a diversity of behaviors within various types; I thought it would be interesting to explore that within ILI.

Quote Originally Posted by Isha
    *wonders what style she is, if any*
    I didn't intend my list to be all-inclusive. Feel free to add to it so as to include yourself.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: different "styles" of ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    a) Engineering mentality; interested in making money; obsessively normal; lacks own personality; tends to follow the group in whatever it does; lacks convictions; low sense of morality. Possibly SLI? (or ILI but psychopathic? Tcaud-style crosstype?)
    There's nothing SLI in that description IMO. The part I bolded actually sounds very contra-SLI to me.

Now, b) on the other hand sounds like a very possible SLI. Or at least I relate to the most part.

I also think c) can be a possible SLI as well.

3) Artist type; writes stories, takes pictures, writes music, etc. Usually somewhat perfectionistic about his/her art. Interested in abstract/geometric patterns. Tends to dabble in lots of things. Usually doesn't take a lot of initiative in doing something with his/her creations.
    Now, this description I can easily apply to myself. Minus the bolded part.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a specific number, but I can certainly relate to "B".

I have my life planned in advance, and don't like it when anyone tries to change it, but I don't mind if I change it myself (which I often do). I'm highly relaxed but like action.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#3 fits me almost perfectly in that list. #1 is somewhat true, although I wouldn't describe myself as clingy... hmm.. on second thoughts I don't really agree with #1 that much. The talkative bit is true, but aside from that it doesn't seem to fit all that well. I don't really fit the lettered descriptions at all either.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can agree with 3, maybe 4. i could also see myself in b & c. regarding a, who is that? i don't "lack convictions" by any means, but i know (sometimes at least) when to keep my mouth shut.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: different "styles" of ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Okay, hope you don't mind my copying the other thread's idea....Here's my version for ILI. See if you agree with these.

The following types of people whom I think are ILI aren't all mutually exclusive (some people may have traits of more than one of these). They're very similar in that they're more approachable than they appear to be:

1) Highly talkative and somewhat clingy. Talks about some area of knowledge at length, and is difficult to interrupt. Has low awareness of whether other people are interested, but very easy to get along with.

2) Has strong opinions; likes to debate in a lawyerly style; amenable to a good argument; has high logical standards and avoids being too "soft."

4) Straightforward, easy-going and friendly; usually involved in some technical field. Creates the appearance of organization and control but relies on others to supply initiative.

In addition, here are some types of people who may be ILI according to some views, but are more probably other types:

b) Heavy planner; researches everything in advance; annoyed if things don't go as planned; lives life as a sequence of planned actions; concerned with planning actions and averting what might go wrong; action-oriented; highly organized but likes to relax (usually relaxation time is scheduled). Business-oriented. Possibly LSE, LIE, or SLI?

c) Hard-working scientist type; seems to know everything; rather eccentric; very commanding and directing. Good at figuring things out; sometimes jumps to conclusions. Possibly LIE or LII.

d) Flaunts impression of knowledge (without necessarily demonstrating it); intellectually aggressive; power-driven; arrogant-seeming, uses unfair means of attacking opponent or making opponent look bad; implies that opponent is stupid. Probable LSI.
    These styles seem less differentiated that the LII styles thread; idk if that means anything though, what do the LIIs think? I exhibit all four of your styles, with less identification to #3 (except I produce drum 'n' bass, check out my music under Proton @ GorillaSound.net /shameless plug). I'm in almost total disagreement with your second claim, I'm pretty damn sure of my type (although I highly sympathize with the LII mindset).
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net