View Poll Results: Blood Types and Personality are linked?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 5.00%
  • No

13 65.00%
  • Mildly

1 5.00%
  • Uncertain

5 25.00%

Thread: Blood Types and Personality Types?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Blood Types and Personality Types?

Is it possible that blood types might influence a person's personality type? This is a widely held Japanese belief that may or may not be accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...of_personality

I'm not sure of my blood type, but I'll look it up soon. Based on the descriptions, I would be a Type B for sure, which coincides with my personality type.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Heh, well you decide. But I will say that someone that I knew of blood type O didn't match the O description one bit. (The only reason I knew her blood type is that she was constantly talking about giving blood, and being a vegetarian, sometimes both in the same sentence).

So, nope, not connected.
    You could be correct, it was just a possibility that I thought might be true or not. I was thinking that four personality types would fit into each blood type. If I find out that I'm not a Type B, then there's more proof that there isn't a correlation. Perhaps if they wish, everyone can post their blood types and their type to see if there is any correlation.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Your blood group can be predicted by knowing the bloodtypes of your parents - I'm pretty sure you can't do this with Socionics types. The bloodtype is controlled by an internal response to disease - so the local population of an area reflects the kind of diseases you get (there's greater variation between tropical climates and temperate ones. I think it's unlikely therefore that something as basic as one blood type over another (A over B etc.) is going to affect personality.

(Also, there are isolated populations around the world such as the Australian Aborigenes and American Indians where the blood type is almost exclusively type O - perhaps into recent times? I doubt very much they have the same personality type ).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this I'd be more of an AB, but I'm A.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not accurate. At all.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    (Also, there are isolated populations around the world such as the Australian Aborigenes and American Indians where the blood type is almost exclusively type O - perhaps into recent times? I doubt very much they have the same personality type ).

i'm one of those people. i'm half basque and also type o negative.

Best Traits: Ambitious, athletic, robust and self-confident. Natural leaders.
    Worst Traits: Arrogant, vain, insensitive and ruthless.
    Famous Os: Al Capone, Gerald Ford, Mikhail Gorbachev, John Gotti, Crystal Kay,Queen Elizabeth II, John Lennon, Paul Newman, Elvis Presley, Ronald Reagan

i suppose this one fits better than the others. possibly AB as an alternative.

not sure i buy this system!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a B type. I don't think this stuff is particularly fitting of any person I know. Especially untrue the AB combo.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm O positive, as is my ESFj mother, ESFp brother, ESFj sister, INFp sister, but my ISTj father is O negative

so no i don't see any connection between blood type and socionics
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O-positive
    Best Traits: Ambitious, athletic, robust and self-confident. Natural leaders. YAY!!!!
    Worst Traits: Arrogant, vain, insensitive and ruthless. WHAT?! Noooo....

On a more serious note, I don't think it correlates to anything. Having only 4 blood types means that the personality variety among people of the same blood type is enormous!
    PS! Since when is "robust" a positive trait?! lol, I bet it just didn't fit in the worst traits list and they couldn't think of anything else that's positive.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is obviously nonsense.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    There is probably no correlation, but how can we know that if it hasn't been investigated?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes for interesting dinner conversation. My father once joked that our house resembled a dumpster because we're all Bs, and B+B+B = a bloody mess

Accurate for me. There was a book that discussed around 6 different sub-personalities under B based on the combination of the parents' bloodtypes...
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    There is probably no correlation, but how can we know that if it hasn't been investigated?
    think about it a little. for one thing, people's personalities do not break up evenly in to cactegories statistically equivalent to the prevalence of these blood types.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though this blood type thing is probably nonsense, I think it makes a lot of sense that personality (Socionic personality) would be related to the immune system. I heard somewhere that people are more attracted to others with complementary immune systems.

http://www.students.emory.edu/HYBRID...attraction.htm

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Though this blood type thing is probably nonsense, I think it makes a lot of sense that personality (Socionic personality) would be related to the immune system. I heard somewhere that people are more attracted to others with complementary immune systems.

i am slightly familiar with this line of research, but little of it has anything to do with immune systems and none of it has anything to do with blood types.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Based on this new evidence, I guess there isn't a correlation with blood types and personality types. It might be possible that they affect the person physiologically rather than psychologically.

I've heard this before and this is created through the sense of smell. Apparently your attracted to someone who is resistant to diseases that you are not and they will smell good to you, if they are resistant to similar diseases, they will smell terrible only to you because their immune system won't benefit you. This means that body odours are arbitrary, but deodorant and constant washing could mask this natural odour.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You always hear that chimps and bonobos are only 1% genetically different - they are so similar, that you could recieve a blood transplant or a kidney transplant (though not more complicated organs?) from them, assuming you have matching blood types. But as there is only about 100,000 non-human great apes (bonobos, chimps, gorillas and orangutans) in the world, it's hardly ethical to use endangered species as a blood bank :wink: .

Now, while the great apes have some degree of personality and socialibility, it's obviously of a different kind to ours - you couldn't give them Socionics types etc. There may be things where people prefer one scent over another etc., but there are many seperate mechanisms in the body - it seems unlikely that our immunisation defences would be attached to our personality - diseases occur on a regional scale, based on climate + certain habitats (related to that climate), whereas personality operates on a local scale, in close contact with other individuals. In this modern age, having a certain personality trait isn't likely to be fatal, unless it's really bad, due to human ability to use a wide range of tools and their sociability, their desire to look after those close to them.

However, blood types are still going to be regional for as long as there are diseases, even in Western countries - it's unlikely to affect individual 'localised' personality.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS! sorry for off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Based on this new evidence, I guess there isn't a correlation with blood types and personality types. It might be possible that they affect the person physiologically rather than psychologically.

I've heard this before and this is created through the sense of smell. Apparently your attracted to someone who is resistant to diseases that you are not and they will smell good to you, if they are resistant to similar diseases, they will smell terrible only to you because their immune system won't benefit you. This means that body odours are arbitrary, but deodorant and constant washing could mask this natural odour.
    There are many things that influence the smell attraction. For example, women who are ovulating smell better. Same goes for men who have a lot of testosterone (I think testosterone also worked). People who use baby pills also have a wrong smell and they will sense other people's smells differently from the usual. Deodorants and perfumes still make a difference. People usually pick out the perfume that brings out their own smell. The perfume will make some aspects of the body smell stronger. This is why people should never borrow perfume for blind dates, etc. Also, this is the reason to never let anyone else give you perfume as a gift (unless you pick it out). The perfume must be carefully chosen by the person who will be wearing it.

Unfortunately, guys are easily fooled. "Mmmmm... you smell so good." "Thanks, I have a new hair conditioner."

PS! I can't back it up with research articles, but I heard a big part of that in a lecture, so it should be true.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default O+'s

I'm an O+ (INTp, ILI) and my hubby is an O+ too, and my dual (ESFp, SEE)

Our children are all O+'s too, of course. They are INTp, INFp, and ENFp ... seems so far (they are still 10 and under but I know them well.)

My Dad was either B or A and my Mom was an O --- so that means my Dad was BO or AO and my Mom OO -- I got O since my mom passed an O by default and my dad passed his silent O ---

If a parent has no O at all, then the child of them can't be O.

If both parents are O then their children should be too.

My hubby's Dad is B and his Mom was O, btw.

Blood Type and personality don't correlate, as it's been said, but physical things do have to do with Blood Type ... to some degree. "Eat Right 4 Your Type" stuff is pretty right on, but not totally, for our O+ family. FWIW
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubbish.
    9w1

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    PS! sorry for off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler

There are many things that influence the smell attraction. For example, women who are ovulating smell better. Same goes for men who have a lot of testosterone (I think testosterone also worked). People who use baby pills also have a wrong smell and they will sense other people's smells differently from the usual. Deodorants and perfumes still make a difference. People usually pick out the perfume that brings out their own smell. The perfume will make some aspects of the body smell stronger. This is why people should never borrow perfume for blind dates, etc. Also, this is the reason to never let anyone else give you perfume as a gift (unless you pick it out). The perfume must be carefully chosen by the person who will be wearing it.

Unfortunately, guys are easily fooled. "Mmmmm... you smell so good." "Thanks, I have a new hair conditioner."

PS! I can't back it up with research articles, but I heard a big part of that in a lecture, so it should be true.
    I like the smell of coconut suntan lotion... (I guess that means I like strippers )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I like the smell of coconut suntan lotion...
    oh yes.
    Reminds me of the Naomi Lake in PA, the ocean and overnight camping trips.
    9w1

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree it's rubbish.

My parents - ESFj - ISFp - were A+, my ENTp brother is A+, I'm O+.

For the record.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

Yeah i heard this ages and ages ago. My sense of smell is very faint anyway
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin