Thread: Tips for time management for an ENTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tips for time management for an ENTp

I have absolutely no sense of time at all. This is my least favorite thing about myself. In fact, if I could instantly change anything about myself, but only one thing, I would make myself an excellent time manager. I would always be on time to appointments, I would make good use of my time, I would not take 20 years to complete a 20 minute task, I would ave projects done with plenty of time to spare, and I would never miss a bill payment with the money sitting in my account!

So far I've set up my Yahoo! Calander to send me email reminders of bills and appointments, and it helps a little, but... I'm still struggling with this. Any tips?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leave an hour early to everything ... if you are anything like me, you could be late otherwise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set your clock ahead.

Try to get your bills so that you can pay them all at the same time each month. That way you only have to get your checkbook out once a month instead of 2-4 times.

Start things and have a person who likes to follow things through follow them through. Tell people you'll get things going but you'd rather have someone else finish off.

Try to wake up naturally - don't use an alarm. This way getting out of bed is your natural choice instead of something a machine is telling you have to do.

Throw things out right away that you don't need such as junk mail and the envelope that bills are mailed in.

Accept the fact that life is full of pesky details and resolve to face at least some of them head-on each and every day.

Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's what it's going to have to come down to... systems.

I have a system for appointments that works to help me remember the day and time, but actually getting there on time... that's an entirely different matter.

In a few months I should be financially established enough to set up direct bill payments from my account, and that will resolve that issue for the most part.

I try to time myself doing chores... like, "I'm going to have the dishes done by 8:15" or whatever, but I generally forget to do that. I just take too long to do stuff like that because I just don't move fast, plus I'm really fussy. Those dishes end up being REALLY clean. Unfortunately, since it takes so long, I generally put it off for for a few days...

I'm trying to leave 15 minutes early for things. The problem is that I end up losing track of time and leaving 10 minutes late half the time...

Thanks for your responses.
    SEE

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just constantly pay attention to what time it is, otherwise I make it a habit to use my (if I can) and try to estimate how much time it would take for everything I need to do. It actually works pretty well after a while.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought of waking up to a full spectrum light that gradually turns itself on. They're supposed to work really well for people with poor internal clocks. Something about the hypothalamus and melatonin... I think...
    SEE

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just set my alarm clock loud and then jump right out of bed to do a one to three mile run. It will wake you up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting,..

I guess sometimes type has nothing to do with behavior.