Thread: David S Linthicum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default David S. Linthicum

Ok here is one guy from the world of information tech whose books and articles I read a lot. He seems to be really competent and knowing (even if slightly arrogant to the point of being "all knowing", lol). The way he writes is quite natural for me to read and I can't make myself to disagree with him in pretty much anything. I wonder if you can type him based on these pics. These are all posed pics but that is all I could find...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some sort of EJ. From only VI, I can see a case for almost all EJ types (ESxj being more likely than ENTj).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

estj. the pic is conservative type as well as the dress and popular facial expression.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking something along those lines. EJ and ESTj sounds like good guesses.

To add more data...he often makes rather arrogant claims in his articles. For example currently he is supporting one architectural approach which he thinks will dominate in the years to come and gives advice like "If your IT architect refuses to learn and apply this approach -> sack him and hire a one that will or you'll find that your company is soon in trouble". This is part of his "all-knowing" and rather direct personality.

Does that still sounds ESTj? Perhaps the directness does but how about the future predictions and such? He seems to trust his perception of where future is going enough to make it his mission to enforce that future and makes very bold claims like suggesting sacking people and everything if they don't buy into his vision. Here is good to say that it is not just "his vision" but actually a strong trend in the industry so he is not taking it "out of blue air" and has not invented the trend himself. Well I don't really disagree with what he says there but I might not be that straightforward and suggest sacking people based on assumed future directin but let people make up their own mind about that. Even if future seemingly goes to the direction he believes it can always change the course if things change. Sacking people based on predictions seems heavy handed to me. Anyways he seems like he wants, not only to provide information, but to enforce a certain course of action.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first impression was EJ. my second impression was maybe not EJ, but probably rational. LSE definitely is a sensible guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So currently in order of likelihood..

1. Rational > Irrational
    2. Extrovert > Introvert
    3. Sensory > Intuitive
    4. Thinking > Feeling

-> ESTJ

Can anyone figure out why he wouldn't be ESTj? Like could he be ISTj or ENTj for example? Or ESFj, ENFj, ISFj?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you describe is actually a clear intuition PoLR. He is so sure about his understanding of the technicalities that he cannot see how the situation might develop differently. Sure he's probably right given his knowledge, so in the end his advice would be profitable to follow.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX

To add more data...he often makes rather arrogant claims in his articles. For example currently he is supporting one architectural approach which he thinks will dominate in the years to come and gives advice like "If your IT architect refuses to learn and apply this approach -> sack him and hire a one that will or you'll find that your company is soon in trouble". This is part of his "all-knowing" and rather direct personality.
    This sounds more like marketing strategy. No substance.

My first thought in VI (before reading this) was also EJ, and ESTj sounds good.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ESTj then. It is again funny how I end up liking ESTjs. This is not my typing thread but I'd assume that it is unlikely that INFp (and perhaps INTp too) would continuously be fond of ESTjs. ENTp, ENFp sound more like it but let's not get into that based on such subjective evidence and in the wrong thread

Edit: I bet he has an INTj strategist hiding somewhere who has predicted the next 6 years of future for him and he just sticks to that prediction stubbornly and wants everyone else to stick to it too