Thread: Visualizing Types Along Axes

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Visualizing Types Along Axes

I have had this idea in my head for about a month now as to the nature of types along axes in a way which graphical illustrates the dual-seeking nature of types and distinguishments between sub-types and types within quadras. I used Alpha Quadra as the graphical example below. In some ways, the INTj (Ne-Subtype) is similar to the nature of the ENTp, while the ENTp (Ti-subtype) has its share of similarities with the INTj. This can almost be explained as the concentration of relative Ti or Ne present. So sub-types represent the degree or relative position along an axis.

"Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding subtypes, that is one interpretation of how it works and there is probably something to it.

I prefer the interpretation according to which a Ne-INTj is actually closer to a Ne-INFj than to a Ti-ENTp. In a functional test, though, like the over-200-questions functional test that McNew invented some time ago, I agree that a Ne-INTj and a Ti-ENTp will be almost impossible to differentiate. In real life, and in behavior, though, even online, I think that the temperament remains constant and decisive.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Regarding subtypes, that is one interpretation of how it works and there is probably something to it.
    Well graphs are unable to recreate the fullness of life, and only generally are able to represent or depict but a handful of data at a time. For the greatest understanding, people should find the patterns which exist between multiple visualizations of types and quadras.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I prefer the interpretation according to which a Ne-INTj is actually closer to a Ne-INFj than to a Ti-ENTp. In a functional test, though, like the over-200-questions functional test that McNew invented some time ago, I agree that a Ne-INTj and a Ti-ENTp will be almost impossible to differentiate. In real life, and in behavior, though, even online, I think that the temperament remains constant and decisive.
    In most behavior that would probably be the case, due to the relative concentration of the perceiving function along the axis. As depicted (albeit poorly) in the graph, the switch in types occurs at the point at which there is almost a greater concentration of "Ne molecules" within the individual, so the preference switches from judging and rationality to perceiving and irrationality. The dualistic aims and agendas also switch in the individual at this time, as he/she needs more of the "Si molecules" to counterbalance the "Ne molecules."
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Visualizing Types Along Axes

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I have had this idea in my head for about a month now as to the nature of types along axes in a way which graphical illustrates the dual-seeking nature of types and distinguishments between sub-types and types within quadras. I used Alpha Quadra as the graphical example below. In some ways, the INTj (Ne-Subtype) is similar to the nature of the ENTp, while the ENTp (Ti-subtype) has its share of similarities with the INTj. This can almost be explained as the concentration of relative Ti or Ne present. So sub-types represent the degree or relative position along an axis.
    Thus we could say they one can be a LII, and .63 subtype, which would mean the Ne subtype of Ti subtype, or the same LII could be a .94 subtype, which would mean Ti subtype of Ti subtype... Types could be in this form :

Axis : Natural integer from 1 to 8, or double-pole labeled like "Alpha NT".
    Subtype : Real from -1 to +1.

- ************ +
    -1 ****** 0 ****** +1

Socionic type threshold would be 0, and subtype thresholds would be -.5 and +.5

LII-Ti would mean : Alpha NT -.875

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be one of the potential applications. The question is how one would define the characterisistics of people within those points and what characteristics must be present to be along a certain point on the axis. But this is perhaps a way in which tests could numerically assign numerical values to answer responses to better categorize people along an axis. The trick may perhaps be that the individual should be confident enough in the knowledge of their type or quadra such that they should be along a given axis.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been doing some research about those subtypes for myself. And however it seemed more logical (for me) that subtypes are placed along a line, everytime in real life it seems that they are clearly separated. Nor do some subtypes look more like another main type.

Unfortunately I still have only little evidence for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a long shot. Did anyone saved the picture?