Thread: Ryu Hayabusa

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ryu Hayabusa

Aha, I have decided to make a thread about characters...

From Ninja Gaiden and DOA
    Personality

Ryu has the demeanor and wisdom of a man far older than he, due to his prolific lineage and mantle of station as a respected ninja. His exploits have given him an outlook on life far removed from most others, and he understands things in more abstract and philosophical terms. Much like Gen Fu, he adopts a tranquil nature, much akin to water; free flowing most of the time, but unforgiving and crushing when roused. Through the Dead or Alive tournament, he has extricated himself from many of the subplots involving other characters, concentrating instead purely on the larger goals that present themselves. He and his ninja brethren have been direct players in the defeat of every major threat in the DOA tournaments, himself defeating the rogue Tengu, Bankotsu, in single combat during the second tournament. Ryu has befriended several people from the DOA tournaments, notably Jann Lee, who he shares a mutual respect with (indeed, in the fourth game they challenge each other to a sparring match after engaging in a nunchaku exhibition reminiscent of Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon).
    http://www.answers.com/topic/ryu-hayabusa

There are various videos online, if you're in the mood

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2JU5rSRntU[/youtube]

You can read some of his subtitles, pre in this one (whoodeedo! lol)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJz8ljXRaGk[/youtube]
    "I do this for justice"
    "An imperfect soul leads to an imperfect life"

Seems E1, yes?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpawQRz_edk[/youtube]
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need more information.

Can you get a script?

I'm thinking ENFj is possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt he is ENFj

DOA isn't exactly a 'literal' fighting game. It has a relatively sappy and unrealistic storyline. Kind of overly dramatic to begin with.

There really isn't a script, as far as I know. It's a fighting game. It would be like asking for a script for Liu Kang or Sonya Blade for Mortal Kombat - save for there really being a movie.

There might actually be a DOA movie though... hmm..... let me see.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Ryu is from Ninja Gaiden. Didn't he go all over the globe and fight demons from other plain or something? (along the lines of three times?) That could be INFj then.... Uh, what type fights demons from another dimension?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta be INTj, baby

This topic probably shouldn't be taken very seriously.
    Oh well.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy had like no lines in the Gaiden games... if I recall correctly it was just the bad guys who said stuff.... It would make more sense to try to type them.

Really, action games are bad for typing. RPGs are much better. Fire Emblem, for example, has more quality VI than you can shake a stick at. And Valkyrie profile, and other games with lots and lots of characters.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed

I suppose I should have figured that beforehand. Thanks for trying anyways.

He really doesn't say anything... though I'm still going to push for E1

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's one for you...

Xenosaga's Kevin Winnicot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wGJwQjuqQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIzj7aUZKzE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxg5Yr38eZg[/youtube]

...Could be INTj. Or INFp.

Wilhelm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfHUbP3gzk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7knRf9Pdo[/youtube]

And I'm somewhat on the fence about Allen. Shion is INTp, though, definitely.

...What do you mean by E1? Extrovert?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to enneagram, "The Reformer".

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I was referring to enneagram, "The Reformer".
    Uh... I'm really skeptical of enneagram. "Reformer" actually means a lot of people... something like 25% of the population.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen, it was unreasonable to expect me to type Ryu Habusa. The guy barely had any lines, and very few of them were consecutive. You need consecutive MONOLOGUES to type someone.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really didn't 'expect' anything...
    This topic probably shouldn't be taken very seriously.
    Nevertheless - Don't worry about it Tcau. This is not at all an important thread. Please don't burdern yourself with typing a very strange character on my behalf. I'm sure you have a lot more important things to think about anyways, so really, you don't have to say any more here.

The response I've gotten to this thread is more than I expected as it is - for the reasons you say, in that there is very little dialogue. I just wanted to see if anyone would say something in spite of it all, perhaps if they played the game, etc.

Perhaps you ought to take a break for a bit - you seem stressed at present.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xenosaga: Kevin may very well be INTJ, and INTj - he is impertinent about his beliefs, yet, as the last video shows, he can be influenced through the realm of emotions.

It depends on what context you want to take the media. Outrightly, they all could be seen as Fps in an Fp that was made by Fps, thus the drama. Are you certain Shion is an INTp? I haven't seen enough of her character, and maybe it is more the position that she is in that makes her seem more F. I don't know the relativities of the culture or context to determine how people vary.

That being said, INTJ/INTj would probably be one of the most likely types to do something that, according to the video, was not "a completely human" sort of thing to do - when Wilhelm criticized Shion. If the logic was right, and it made complete sense, the INTj would do it. But that is something all LIIs should be wary about - who wants you to be certain and why, who has the information you are being fed, and what is their true purpose, etc.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The awesome thing about youtube is that I don't have to play the game... all the movies seem to be online

although, xenosaga seems to be like the game I always wanted to play -- a huge, long story... 3 games to tell it. A movie that is a game basically.

If I ever for some reason break my legs and can't walk, I'll be sure to sit down and play it. Otherwise I'm out a PS2 and time as well, and I've severely cut down on playing games/video games.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah really. But not having the game doesn't mean you can't enjoy -- and learn from -- the story.

Shion is waaaaaaaaaay INTp in the first game of the series.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHvRrzzrbok&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

She looks INTp, at least. Very emotional, but INTps can be emotional in private, with people they trust.

...Actually, playing a game like this you can see types from angles that you otherwise couldn't. Of course, it depends on the character's political persuasion.... I actually have a close INTp gal-friend who is very emotional towards me. But she's a very strongly liberal minded person, like me. That probably has something to do with it. Another thing is, she's an INTp-ESFp, so I'm somewhat her benefactor, you know? I actually feel a strong urge to respond to her wants, I guess you could say.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Ryu... I've thought about it and I could see INFp-INTj. He's definitely abstract, which seems to imply , but he's also detatched. But it makes clear that the tournament is the means of his removal. It seems to me that INTj is his exertion type, and that his socionics type is INFp.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryu, is this how you chose your 16types name?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx