60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the axes

Ne/Si axis = internal statics of objects/external dynamics of fields
    Se/Ni axis = external statics of objects/internal dynamics of fields
    Te/Fi axis = external dynamics of objects/internal statics of fields
    Fe/Ti axis = internal dynamics of objects/external statics of fields

Hmmm... I want to explore this subject but I have to go right now. I'll just post this for now I guess. Of course, if anyone has any thoughts on the subject in the meantime, feel free to share them.

One thing I'm rather curious about is why they're called axes. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/axis
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the functions are like counter weights for each other. It takes both to be balanced. Or perhaps one would be like watching a movie with no sound and the other hearing the movie but not seeing it... and it takes both to really get the full picture.

I like the idea that they balance each other out, as if each was on one side of a scale.

Have there been articles written on this? Does anyone have any other ideas about it?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Perhaps the functions are like counter weights for each other. It takes both to be balanced. Or perhaps one would be like watching a movie with no sound and the other hearing the movie but not seeing it... and it takes both to really get the full picture.

I like the idea that they balance each other out, as if each was on one side of a scale.

Have there been articles written on this? Does anyone have any other ideas about it?
    I have speculated somewhere (can't even find it...) that they are "opposite" neural states. In other words, if you remain in your main neural state for a long time, your brain begins to tire because the centers being used (even though they have the most endurance) don't have enough time to completely recharge. If you turn off all the centers being used and turn on the one's you weren't using, you'll get your opposite function that allows your principle brain centers (functions or whatever) to rest completely and get recharged with all the right chemical food.

Obviously, this is a simplification, but it seems to make sense physiologically speaking.