The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    nigga please, no one can touch mushroom on an instrumental or psychological level. juno is a step above shpongle, by sheer virtue of thematic prowess and consistency, since shpongle tends to spiral in overly-spiritual pointlessness; but that's about it.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    never heard of juno reactor, whats a good song? nick, you too, recommend a mushroom song...

Last edited by Nexus; 09-27-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS, BUT STILL, REAL BUMPIN' MAANNN!

TIM
    IEI-Ni; e54 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one doesn't have many views.

But I've lost track of how many times I've reset it.

Bonus points.

Middle (bald) main writer a 5w4 infp sx/sp?

Tonetta can't receive enough plugs, especially after reading some of the crap posted here. I'm thinking he's a 5w4 iei, very likely sp/sx, whereas the guy who recorded the top vid's a 5w4 so/sp iei.
    Last edited by hardrunningrabbit; 11-06-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Creepy-Korpsey

An IEI chum really liked these:

Hot Rod Soundtrack - Skulls

Moog Cookbook - Buddy Holy
    Last edited by silke; 04-28-2014 at 01:05 AM. Reason: updated vid links

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni; e54 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect this guy is an sx/so IEI e5w4. Pretty neat video.

Probably an so/sp IEI e5w4.

Same as above.

Ditto. The structure of the song itself isn't indicative of a so/sp rather than sp/so, but the timing of the eye movement, tight control over all other facial expression is much like how so/sp EII e5w4 Damon Albarn does it in his videos (Universal in particular).

TIM
    IEI-Ni; e54 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty certain youtube user Josefsgreat is the same type as me///

across the board.

Cool favs.

But god, I hate this thread.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI genres: gothic metal, melodic black metal, progressive rock, indie rock, gothic rock, romantic classical, baroque classical, baroque pop, grunge, post-grunge.

EIE genres: classic/NWOBHM metal, power metal, symphonic metal, folk metal, hardcore black metal, emo.

SLE genres: gangsta rap, industrial metal, thrash metal, speed metal, death metal, nu-metal, punk.

LSI genres: industrial, doom metal, grindcore, classical classical.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 12-15-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Korn- SLE-Se ESFP 4w3 sp/sx

System of a Down- EIE-Ni ENFP 2w1 so/sp

Rammstein- SLE-Se ESTJ 7w8 sx/so

Samael- LSI-Ti ISTP 5w4 sp/sx

Disturbed- EIE-Fe ENFP 4w3 sx/sp

What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO.

Shakira is D-SEI-Fe.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's nothing about that song. It's the same as half of her songs: an overemotional sex-centric rant. That is to say, blocked with with emphasis on .

No offense babe, but you seem to have some trouble identifying . Every song you post, ever, is about booze and sex.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    It doesn't matter if the song is or not; it doesn't have to be. It's got a & Beta flavor to it.
    I see nothing Se about that song. An actual + song would be something more like this:

Or this:

SLE-Fe and EIE-Fe respectively.

As for an actual song:

Besides, that song was influenced by El Cata's song "Loca Con Su Tiguere"

YouTube - Voltio Ft El Cata,Nejo & Dalmata - Loca Con Su Tiguere (Sin Promo)
    ...which is ESE. Jesus Christ.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so in order to be the song has to be gross, grungy & depressing?
    It has to be emotionally charged and aggressive. Lighthearted and happy is more of an Alpha than Beta theme.

But a less depressing EIE song:

And fuck you Disturbed and Korn are fucking awesome.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loca does have an aggressive essence to it.
    It has above all an emotionally tumultuous atmosphere about it, which denotes . It has some aggression which could hint at a shadow of ignoring (understandable, the song was written under stress), but the theme overall was very sensual/physical in a way Betas really aren't. It had loads more than .

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a defining Beta theme. SLEs are Si-ignoring, whereas Alphas are Si-valuing. Thus, the song (and that theme overall) can't be classified as Beta. It's an theme rather than .

By the way, do note that while Madonna's stage persona is sensual, her lyrics are more devaluing than not. They're not about sex, but about romance. For example:

Papa I know you're going to be upset
    'Cause I was always your little girl
    But you should know by now
    I'm not a baby

You always taught me right from wrong
    I need your help, daddy please be strong
    I may be young at heart
    But I know what I'm saying

The one you warned me all about
    The one you said I could do without
    We're in an awful mess, and I don't mean maybe - please

Chorus:

Papa don't preach, I'm in trouble deep
    Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
    But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my baby, oh
    I'm gonna keep my baby, mmm...

He says that he's going to marry me
    We can raise a little family
    Maybe we'll be all right
    It's a sacrifice

But my friends keep telling me to give it up
    Saying I'm too young, I ought to live it up
    What I need right now is some good advice, please

(chorus)

Daddy, daddy if you could only see
    Just how good he's been treating me
    You'd give us your blessing right now
    'Cause we are in love, we are in love, so please

(chorus)

Papa don't preach, I'm in trouble deep
    Papa don't preach, I've been losing sleep
    (repeat)

Oh, I'm gonna keep my baby, ooh
    Don't you stop loving me daddy
    I know, I'm keeping my baby
    no real physicality there to speak of. No rambling about booze and sex and whatnot.

On top of that her stage show could also be argued to be more theatrical than sensual itself - the whole crucifixion thing that got her into heaps of trouble with fundies, for example.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE:

IEI:

SLE:

LSI:
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More.

EIE:

IEI:

SLE:

LSI:

2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    There's nothing about that song. It's the same as half of her songs: an overemotional sex-centric rant. That is to say, blocked with with emphasis on .
    Se/Ni people are perfectly capable of talking about sex. She doesn't seem all that beta to me either though.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a related note, Janelle Monae strikes me as INFp

Last edited by Galen; 01-10-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: grammar

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Se/Ni people are perfectly capable of talking about sex.
    Not likely obsessing with it though, no -- so it wouldn't show as prominently in songs like romanticism as more mental/imaginative (or power-related themes in the case of Se). That's more of an Si theme. The point is there's very little in Shakira's songs (this one included) indicative of Ni/Se over Se/Ni.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess Matisyahu is IEI...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    nirvana...
    someone needs to shoot cobain in the face

Oh wait..........

[/rude]
    I guarantee he made better music than anything you listen to.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsghost View Post
    I guarantee he made better music than anything you listen to.
    Rat is back. Yay!
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this count?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the band system of a down beta?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    The rock bands U2 and Queen form complete beta quadras.
    Can you explain which members are which parts of Beta for Queen?

I think Freddie is the most obvious (EIE), but the others I was curious what you thought.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Jinxi; 04-08-2011 at 08:01 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Siuntal, these tunes sound very familiar.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Siuntal, these tunes sound very familiar.
    they should I've stolen them from gammas the first one seems to have more of a Fe+Ti undertones though there is definitely a lot of Ni+Se in them

this one is very nice also

and some more music to add

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An INFP lost in her world...

A lot of and going on... Very poetic and dramatic expression of language.

Seems to be some seeking goin' on too.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd love to do this one day:

Last edited by silke; 04-28-2014 at 01:08 AM. Reason: updated vid link

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast