Juno Reactor - Conquistador Part 1
    Last edited by silke; 04-27-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: updated vid links

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amanda Palmer's group, The Dresden Dolls. Flagrant betas.

LISTEN TO THE LYRICS

4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mick Jagger is no way Ti - ESTp, I know some Ti - ESTp and they're rather circumspect than Sir Michael Philip Jagger, actually I think he is a EIE, too expressive for being a ESTp, even worse when you talk about a Ti - ESTp. Look at MAdonna she is a SLE and is by no means expressive and over dramatic like Jagger, she's no way flamboyant and extravagant like Jagger, he is so expressive that sometimes he gets really ridiculous.

No ESTp would have a face like this:
    "I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." - F. W. Nietzsche

"To what extent can truth endure incorporation? That is the question; that is the experiment." - F. W. Nietzsche

"Genius is a will-o'-the-wisp if it lacks a solid foundation of perseverence and fanatical tenacity. This is the most important thing in all of human life ..." - Adolf ******

"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower" - Adolf ******

"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever hath not kindness hath not faith." - Prophet Mohammed

"The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways — I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows" - Socrates

- ESTp - Se subtype - 8w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrum View Post
    Mick Jagger is no way Ti - ESTp, I know some Ti - ESTp and they're rather circumspect than Sir Michael Philip Jagger, actually I think he is a EIE, too expressive for being a ESTp, even worse when you talk about a Ti - ESTp. Look at MAdonna she is a SLE and is by no means expressive and over dramatic like Jagger, she's no way flamboyant and extravagant like Jagger, he is so expressive that sometimes he gets really ridiculous.

No ESTp would have a face like this:
    lmao

Definitely. Far more likely EIE.

(BTW, I suggest you cut your signature down. We all love Mohammed, Socrates, Nietzsche and ******, but they take up too much room. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post

SO TRUE. I read his autobiography and I see it, so clearly. MJ was OBVIOUSLY beta, probably EIE.
    HAHAHA! You read MJ's biography, that's what I call a waste of time!! hahahaha, that was so funny!!! Did you cry in the end and always do when you remember MJ's terrible life and fate?
    "I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." - F. W. Nietzsche

"To what extent can truth endure incorporation? That is the question; that is the experiment." - F. W. Nietzsche

"Genius is a will-o'-the-wisp if it lacks a solid foundation of perseverence and fanatical tenacity. This is the most important thing in all of human life ..." - Adolf ******

"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower" - Adolf ******

"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever hath not kindness hath not faith." - Prophet Mohammed

"The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways — I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows" - Socrates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense Chris, but I couldn't help joking about that, I'm always doing that, I love to mock in a friendly way my IEI friends sensibility, I do the same with my gf.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None taken, I suppose. Although, I meant Quincy Jones' (auto)biography. I haven't read one of MJ.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I'm sorry for misreading your post, I promise it'll never happen again =) well, but the joke is still valid! So what type do you think Mr Adams was? And why did you read his biography? Why are you interested in this president? Because of that HBO series? Never watched it though and I've studied only a few facts about those american presidents during those early days of American Republic, there might be some presidents who most people don't have even a vague idea of who they were, the same happens in my country. Anyway, am I the only South American here? and what do you have to tell us in matter of John Quincy Adams(be sure I'm one of the few non Americans who know well american history and about most of the american presidents, but as I said, Mr Adams is not my specialty)? Was he a beta? I had the impression, by his appearance, that he was a ISTj or a Ti - ESTp, what do you think?

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    lmao

Definitely. Far more likely EIE.

(BTW, I suggest you cut your signature down. We all love Mohammed, Socrates, Nietzsche and ******, but they take up too much room. )
    haha
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me - the music has to move me, give something.

I have different genres and songs that calm me down, wind me up, make me shiver with pleasure and make me crazy dance.
    EST

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rastermind View Post
    For me - the music has to move me, give something.

I have different genres and songs that calm me down, wind me up, make me shiver with pleasure and make me crazy dance.
    Same.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bomfunk Mc's. Titles talk -B.e.T.A.

Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler
    Last edited by silke; 04-27-2014 at 06:58 AM. Reason: updated vid link

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rock bands U2 and Queen form complete beta quadras.

...strange as it may seem, Meat Loaf's music is uber-beta rational. (He's ISTj.)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alice Cooper is IEI ...

Alice Cooper - Clones (We're All)
    Last edited by silke; 04-27-2014 at 06:59 AM. Reason: updated vid link

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Dylan is IEI ...

Just Like A Woman (w/George Harrison, who is IEI too.)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite Ashton's being an idiot, I am inclined to think that Bob Dylan is a Gamma. He's just so damn harsh and xenophobic...Betas who see the world like him are usually doing something to "fuck the system," whereas he is just sort of bitterly resigned to people being shit.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ that disclaimer. I don't necessarily think "fucking the system" is the sole motivator with betas, but there does tend to be a more interpersonal bent in their attitudes. People like Dylan just seem wholly self-contained.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well its not even that I think it's a motivator particularly for Betas; Dylan obviously has that attitude, but he's more content to accept it and revel about all disgruntled, rather than having an angsty "i will do something about this or i will die" attitude like Betas, an "I'm just gonna keep doing my thing!" stance like an Alpha, or the obvious "I am supportive of/indifferent to this and don't see much to bitch about" Delta pose.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, makes sense. So, how would you qualify the gamma disposition, in a quoted statement?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Well its not even that I think it's a motivator particularly for Betas; Dylan obviously has that attitude, but he's more content to accept it and revel about all disgruntled, rather than having an angsty "i will do something about this or i will die" attitude like Betas, an "I'm just gonna keep doing my thing!" stance like an Alpha, or the obvious "I am supportive of/indifferent to this and don't see much to bitch about" Delta pose.

Actually I agree with most of this, but I doubt ISFj.

Fe ego IMO. He's never proper in his interaction with others. He goes out of his way to aggressively ditch reporters that get into his comfort zone. Makes obvious cracks at reporters for being tools of the system. Doesn't filter his interaction with others through personally held behavioral imperatives.

He's entirely preoccupied with his personal self-expression. He's not courteous at all and doesn't care if others are. Te egos like friendly, professional environments where their knowledge and experience is respected. They react hostilely to Fe barbs against their knowledge. IxFjs can freely generate safe, appropriate environments. Dylan, OTOH, likes to express his personal sentiments whenever he wants, and hates it when that's interrupted.

He doesn't want to hurt people (maybe) and definitely likes his personal space, so the only solution is to avoid them, which is why he avoids most interviews.

If he's Fe and not beta, that only leaves two possible types...

Dylan wrote songs for his personal amusement. He didn't care about any greater cause and didn't care about selling them. The world around him could burn and he wouldn't care. He was only interested in his creations and shunned his celebrity status. The latter is especially typical of SEIs.

There was an incident with some reporter from time magazine (vid is on youtube) where he exploded at the reporter for peddling consumerist tripe. IIRC, his gripe was that those reports couldn't possibly capture the authentic essence of his or others' music.

He does look a lot like Adam Sandler who is SEI. It might just be the Jewish thing though.

Also this is sort of anecdotal, but when I first saw the 60 minutes interview I was pretty shocked at how similar his mannerisms and thought patterns were to how I imagine my own. I have a hard time shaking off the fact that we're not the same, let alone similar, types.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite Ashton's being an idiot, I am inclined to think that Bob Dylan is a Gamma. He's just so damn harsh and xenophobic...
    ISFj = people like Johnny Carson (Fi,) Jim Nance, (Fi,) and Lester Holt.

ISFj is NOT people Johnny Depp, (beta introvert,) or Bob Dylan... The qualities you listed, Gilly, what you see in him to differentiate him from us--very small compared with what separates beta from gamma... There are harsh and xenophobic Betas, after all--rush limbaugh comes to mind, Pat Buchanan, etc. (I recognize that Dylan's is a whole different kind of harshness--those are just off the top-of-my-head 'for examples.')

The more Gammas I've met and correctly identified, the easier it gets to ID more... To tell what is and isn't Gamma. (My father and older bro are Gamma.) The only quarda it's still difficult for me to identify is Delta, b/c I meet relatively few of them. (We don't seem to like the same places, which makes sense.)

jxrtes: your reasoning echoes Keirsey's for typing Dylan SEI in his typology... Indeed, it's the image Dylan liked to project... The truth is, Dylan's always been very concerned with him image--he's cultivated the 'I could care less' thing, and the 'I'm just a song and dance man' thing -- but biographers make it clear that, in private, he never believed that. Dylan himself makes this (obliquely as usual) clear-ish in his autobio "Chronicles." Bios about Dylan go out of their way to debunk PR image vs. reality... E.g. He always wanted to be what he is now, an icon--renowned in the counter-culture, among the intelligentsia. etc.

I agree with you that he's certainly Fe ego... IEI, like Alice Cooper, (an incredible and under-rated lyricist in Dylan's own words,) is my best guess... Ni-EIE is the other option.
    Last edited by JuJu; 11-17-2009 at 05:59 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kiss singer Paul Stanley is gay, I mean, beta. EIE.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ftr Amy Winehouse is hotter than Amanda Palmer. That is all.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    jxrtes: your reasoning echoes Keirsey's for typing Dylan SEI in his typology... Indeed, it's the image Dylan liked to project... The truth is, Dylan's always been very concerned with him image--he's cultivated the 'I could care less' thing, and the 'I'm just a song and dance man' thing -- but biographers make it clear that, in private, he never believed that. Dylan himself makes this (obliquely as usual) clear-ish in his autobio "Chronicles." Bios about Dylan go out of their way to debunk PR image vs. reality... E.g. He always wanted to be what he is now, an icon--renowned in the counter-culture, among the intelligentsia. etc.

I agree with you that he's certainly Fe ego... IEI, like Alice Cooper, (an incredible and under-rated lyricist in Dylan's own words,) is my best guess... Ni-EIE is the other option.
    Could you tell me more about or link me to the biographies?

All I could find is this, which says different:
    Bob Dylan memoir reveals unwilling counterculture icon

I don't care about him or his type, tbh. I'm not a big fan and I never even listened to his music prior to ~8 months ago. But he does give off strong SEI signals.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird, I was just listening to that song last night. I like her Fumbling Towards Ecstasy album the best.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Weird, I was just listening to that song last night. I like her Fumbling Towards Ecstasy album the best.
    I remember listening to that song live at Ultra Music Festival in Miami while blowing up under a big oak tree I used to smoke the sweet leaf and then work out in the gym while listening to this album

The Depeche Mode vid reminds me of a very hard crash / come-down...thank god for bars
    Last edited by Nexus; 12-20-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    But that song isn't Sarah McLachlan, it's Delirium. Even the original - non-Tiësto remix - isn't her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sooo, liiike... tiestoo is ESTp ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RESPOND TO MY INPUT!:

plz check these >> Apollo 440, Future Prophecies, Yoji Biomehanika, The Prodigy, Yung Buck, Mos Def, Miyavi, J Brazil (?sf?), Busta Rhymes, BT, Block Party, Van Morrison, Millencoin, NOFX, and Dub FX, Goldenfinger, Peaches, Yelle, Chicks on Speed, Daft Punk anyone? Tiga? Flobots? Ram Jam. N-Trance? Blumchen (?) Emilliana Torrini, Princess Superstar, The Neptunes, The Hacker, Calvis Harris (?), Tocadisco (not delta?), Nina Simone, hahahahahahahahahaha, this one goes out to you lady lovers......Ol'Dirty-mf-B.

???

'nuffs 'snuff

I hate people not taking shit too seriously, esp. music o_O

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Prodigy is Beta as fuck. Daft Punk is probably more Alpha-ish, but still fucking awesome. I'm pretty sure Mos Def is some kind of EIE, he is slick as shit.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not likin' EIE music, until it's the right moment for it, i would of guess
    Last edited by Linas; 01-04-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..Daft Punk is probably more Alpha-ish, but still fucking awesome. ..
    well, I'm not sure what leans you to think this this way. ?

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Huitzilopochtli;598191][CENTER]Here are some good EIE songs

These two seem more imo.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Morcheeba;598198]
    Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    [CENTER]Here are some good EIE songs

These two seem more imo.
    I am pretty sure Lemmy Kilmister is Fe-EIE (maybe IEI?), but Blondie might be SLE/LSI

man I have been way off today, I had Rob Zombie up there before but he is probably Ni-LIE

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are some better ones

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Nexus; 01-05-2010 at 11:01 PM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast