Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: IEI - SLE Duality discussion and stories (INFp-ESTp)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    That guy is an F type. SEE?
    Yeah do SLE even do this much verbal soul searching?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Yeah do SLE even do this much verbal soul searching?
    No, impersonal logical analysis > verbal gushing with feelings.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it's interesting. it was always a question for me that what sociotype can be so interested in sexual games (as I love it). when I seen that they say IEI likes sexual games and fantasies, I thought there's a problem, something's wrong, because with those descriptions about IEI (OFC I didn't read so much about it), I always had this thought that someone like IEI will never even think about these sexual games.
    Often times the most polite and nicest/shyest people in public can be the hugest pervs in private and IEI feels that way to me in a sense. But I'm not really that physically sexual with a lot of people as that still feels too gross for me (ideally I'd only be sexual with one person at a time- maybe up to 3 at most if everybody was in on it and okay with it idk tho) - but yes I have a very active sexual fantasy life lol. I kinda think in a way EII is more open to trying new things- IEIs often have a great imagination but there is definitely a limit of what I'm willing to do or like 'in reality.' I agree with Lolita in the sense many times people think they want something wild but in reality they just want something nice and 'normal' but - I do need some intensity and passion as I dual seek Se.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Somebody please tell me these guys are SLE (him) and her (IEI) duals

@Tim...what are your thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRdbPayZUh8
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was talking to my IEI cousin yesterday about old lovers and she said that the best guy she’d ever had was this policeman she met right after her divorce from her IEI Identical husband who divorced her because he discovered that he was gay.
    The policeman was almost certainly SLE.

Anyway, she said that the policeman was the greatest guy in bed she’d ever had.

She paused at this point to smile and look up at the sky and say “Oh my god he was the best.”
    ”Everything we did together was the best. Adam, we’d go to these little dive bars to watch drunks get into fights. I loved it.
    ”It was too bad we met so soon after my divorce. I wasn’t ready for another relationship and we broke up. Six months later he was married to someone else.”

” I think your Duals have a reputation for promiscuity if you don’t hold them down.”

She laughed. “Maybe.” And shrugged, like it was no big deal.

I thought back to the time when I was dating an IEI and she wanted to go to this dive bar. The place looked really shady and I wondered at the time what she saw in the place?

Of course, it was an opportunity for her to be in danger but be protected by the SLE. Which I was not. Lol.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ESTP View Post
    Sad, but true. I wish someone could kick me in the head right now for bein' such a dumbass. No wonder why I'm such a damaged person. Cuz the rare time I'm willing to let someone in this shit happens.

I feel like I'm the tree in the picture below.

INFps suck!
    this goes hard the other way around too. my problem with SLEs is that they think having it hard absolves them of being an asshole then blame me for not "picking myself up" (becoming an asshole). Just because u were hurt doesnt mean its ok to be a cunt. whats ur fault is ur fault. i did my best to not be hardened and think forward. u see that as a weakness. its not MY fault that u became hardened. Gets criticized after showing their reason for being asshole, PTSD and sociopathy triggers > hurts me. Wants me to show vulnerability when they expose vulnerability but they would abuse me if I do which i have had enough. You manipulate me into being hurt in the first place. Im sorry i can see more than 1 step forward in the future. I know ur trauma is way more important than mine. U wouldnt have become an abuser without such reasoning. SLEs tend to be the kind of people who get offended when someone "guilts" them. If i dont want to trigger them i have to suck up to their bullshit and ruin my life. This is both true regardless if i choose to be with SLE or avoid SLE. At the same time im not allowed to make mistakes. Se users really do seem to think themselves as fully in control. THis means they think im fully in control to what happens to me and what i choose to do. Then why do they tihnk they should be forgiven when they make mistakes? When u are not willing to do the same for someone else. Did other SLEs let u be vulnerable? people like that are the reason u had to become a hardass in the first place. good thing u are perpetuating the cycle.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My IEI cousin is a professional dog-sitter. The dogs love her, and she loves them.

”They’re very intelligent, you know. They are communicating with humans all the time. They let you know what they want, even if they can’t talk.”

”Sounds like your Duals,” I said.

”You know, it does sound like every guy I’ve ever formed an attachment to.”

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is for SLEs. u dont need to comdemnt expresssion or emotional experiences to tell someone to move/fight. this includes yourself. removing that only shuts off empathy and higher thinking skills. u dont solve problems by repressing or invalidating them.
    i wonder if IEIs felt like the SLE wasnt invalidating them the bull in china shop would be bearable. like if the IEI knew the SLE cares bout how they affect others but cant control it sometimes instead of justifying abuse. SLE would prolly not need to make excuses for abuse if SLE knew IEI wouldnt look down on or shun them for admitting/recognizing mistakes or lack of control
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    My IEI cousin is a professional dog-sitter. The dogs love her, and she loves them.

”They’re very intelligent, you know. They are communicating with humans all the time. They let you know what they want, even if they can’t talk.”

”Sounds like your Duals,” I said.

”You know, it does sound like every guy I’ve ever formed an attachment to.”
    This never happened

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    This never happened
    She lives in Tucson. If you’re ever there, you can ask her yourself.

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    She lives in Tucson. If you’re ever there, you can ask her yourself.
    'Sup. Ever talked to a strange boomer who said some weirdo crap like 'duals'?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    'Sup. Ever talked to a strange boomer who said some weirdo crap like 'duals'?
    No, I’m the only one I know who talks about Duals. But my cousin knows what I mean and she usually tolerates it. She does think I’m an idiot, though.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“IEI Esenin sets the pace of development of relations according to his own wishes, interests, and plans. He serves as a "director" of time, his own and that of other people. He subordinates events to his own tempo, and draws everyone to live by his own rhythm of life. If there is no hurry for him personally, then his conversation partner won't hurry anywhere either: he will simply get "stuck" in the measured pace of conversation. Esenin is like that fairy from folklore tales, which is able to turn the life of any person into a "sweet dream", "waking up" from which the person may feel being thrown far back in time, with a sense of irremediably lost opportunities. This makes Esenin a good partner for someone who is constantly moving forward, towards their goals and concrete targets – such as his dual Zhukov or SLE.”
    -Strat

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    1 year later.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This last week I met with an SLE student during office hours and conversation had found its way to talking about how philosophy, like other disciplines, has the quality of being mostly about simple, accessible ideas just draped in 'needlessly' complex, over-specified language. In this context, she is not a philosophy major yet in a class with many of them, and so is responding to those dynamics here. She is also new to the university.

Summarizing and condensing a lot here, but doing so to make it cleaner:

IEI: *the close of an explanation*
    SLE: So it's really just simple but like, it has a fancy name. Is that most of philosophy? Just scary names for really simple things? [Making bitesized and coherent my long rambling spiel]
    IEI: I'm happy I can tell you this, because this wasn't told to me, but it's true. It's all- I mean, ​that's just what philosophy is, right?
    SLE: So everyone's just making it more complicated than it has to be? Like, the questions in the main lecture; the people's questions are so just out there. And like, are they, are they... [feeling like they're somehow being self-interested in a way she can't put words to]
    IEI: What are they trying to do?
    SLE: Yeah, are they that off? Or am I like, missing something? Because *tells example of a question someone asked on the first day of lecture that she couldn't track* And I was like, "Ok, that's it..."
    IEI: Yeah...
    SLE: For syllabus day! I was like, "That's a good question if maybe we're not syllabus day..."
    IEI: So in that particular instance, *incoherently picking up and quickly abandoning different clauses to start my explanation. Eventually:*...I was in your position hearing these questions. Some of these students had been taking philosophy classes for years already, even if it wasn't their major. Just, they'd had access to being in that context, and I hadn't had access to that context. I had the exact same reaction [as you] to all of my classmates who were asking questions. On the other side of things, you know, I know that many people are asking those questions that way to try to seem smarter.
    SLE: They just like to hear themselves talk. [The condensed summarization again]
    IEI: Many, many people like to hear themselves talk because, you know, they're just conceited. Probably a little bit vain and want confirmation that they're, you know, intelligent, especially where - and you see this in places like [our university] - all of these people are used to being at the top of their class in high school where they were the valedictorian. This happened with the valedictorian at my high school, she came here and found that everybody else was in her position...*plays out the example in a bit more detail*
    [SLE is nodding along and tracking.]
    SLE: Imagine the stress she was under... having to get perfect grades- like, I break down at like, a low A.
    IEI: Yeah
    SLE: Like, imagine your whole life, like...wow! [She values the Ni-Fe. Perhaps unconsciously somewhat appreciative that I could tell her initial Fi opposition to these students wasn't intentional and was just coming from weaker emotional intuition]
    IEI: Right, exactly. *says the same thing with different words*
    SLE: Because- It's weird because of like, the small percentage that gets into the top schools, like, they're all the big dogs getting in here [Condensed Ni pattern into bitesized aphorism]. Everyone's here because they're good at something and so it's kinda competitive. [SLE self-checks and feels she needs to walk back her expression of Fi polarity to their competitiveness] I mean, I don't really care what anyone else is-
    IEI: No, you're fine! [I feel the same way about the students.]
    SLE: I just have my own bubble *chuckling*. But you know, that's probably why they're making such grand remarks and questions. They're like, "Well, I'm among the...the..."
    IEI: "...how do I distinguish myself in this place?" [filling in the Ni-Fe perspective for her]
    SLE: Yeah! [happy she has come to new, useful understanding] *tone changes, becomes more uncertain*... But does it really make, like- It's a sea of people. To the professor, does it really make someone stand out?" [Asking out of concern that she can't do this, and is at a disadvantage in how she can maneuver towards achievement]
    IEI: No, not at all. If anything, you'd stand out for the wrong reasons.

This is one of the two relevant snippets of the conversation, and I think it shows really well the function that the IEI can serve for the SLE. Here, among other things, I helped communicate the rules that govern the dynamics of the mysterious realm of life that the SLE will have to navigate through: who among the people you encounter deserve your attention as antagonists and who among them can you thankfully breathe a sigh of relief about as they, too, are acting for understandable reasons that make us owe them our sympathy instead of ire.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-H + IEI-C duality is the warmest friendship I have ever experienced. I wish to find a hot looking IEI-C titties person pretty soon.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snatched this buried in the Alpha sub. IEI/EIE talking about a possible MBTI ESTP

Last edited by inaLim; 01-09-2023 at 06:45 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567