Thread: IEI - SLE Duality discussion and stories (INFp-ESTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandagirl View Post
    Sigh. Is there anyway to change his mind?
    No

That is an unfortunate situation.

May I ask how old you all are? If he's very young, it may just be a maturity thing. Some people, however, just never want to settle down. I do not think that all people of one type, however, do not want to settle down. My uncle is ESTp and a very loving father and husband.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're both 30! So, obviously we're not little kids anymore.

Interesting thing about him, he was married and divorced young. He says he just "knows" him, and that something is "missing," even though everything else is there.

I think he does want to settle down, he wants kids and everything. I think the main problem is he wants passion and that immediate feeling of being "in love." I was just wondering if this was typical of estps.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandagirl View Post
    I think he does want to settle down, he wants kids and everything. I think the main problem is he wants passion and that immediate feeling of being "in love." I was just wondering if this was typical of estps.
    I wrote that post before reading this, and it's consistent with what I wrote.

If the problem is related to his missing "passion", then it's an indication that it's about a Fe vs Fi disconnect.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI.............when socionics sources say that IEI is my soulmate, it's interesting. it was always a question for me that what sociotype can be so interested in sexual games (as I love it). when I seen that they say IEI likes sexual games and fantasies, I thought there's a problem, something's wrong, because with those descriptions about IEI (OFC I didn't read so much about it), I always had this thought that someone like IEI will never even think about these sexual games. (how I think about "INFP" in "MBTI" and about "4w5" in "Enneagram".) well it was interesting that someone with those descriptions can like sex so much, but I still deny it. My friend somehow suggested IEI to me too. but, people usually aren't 100% of their descriptions, and about sex, people act su.pid.ly (Separate from their personality and types). that's why I say soulmate system can be interesting, but I don't rely on it. I feel better if I check my standards myself closely and directly to make sure the relationship isn't made based on wrong thoughts.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20oWARRIORo50 View Post
    IEI.............when socionics sources say that IEI is my soulmate, it's interesting......
    Duals are not soulmates; their information processing is what your information processing needs in order to make the best possible integrated system for a broad range of life experiences. Given that their accompanying sets of baggage are not overpowering, duals will usually be able to tolerate each other simply because they don't focus on the same things so will not tread on each other's toes while at the same time, will probably stay on the same path even though they'll often disagree. They are what each other needs like eating one's vegetables rather than having a second dessert. It's not as romantic a concept as implied by the word 'soulmates'. It's about being able to work together over the long term - but too many people simply prefer to have dessert and will rationalize away any potential future consequences.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. then I hope one of those, "duals" can tolerate me lol. Now that I realized Socionics doesn't engage in those stupid romantic plays, I like socionics more.

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Duals are not soulmates; their information processing is what your information processing needs in order to make the best possible integrated system for a broad range of life experiences. Given that their accompanying sets of baggage are not overpowering, duals will usually be able to tolerate each other simply because they don't focus on the same things so will not tread on each other's toes while at the same time, will probably stay on the same path even though they'll often disagree. They are what each other needs like eating one's vegetables rather than having a second dessert. It's not as romantic a concept as implied by the word 'soulmates'. It's about being able to work together over the long term - but too many people simply prefer to have dessert and will rationalize away any potential future consequences.

a.k.a. I/O

Interesting. then I hope one of those, "duals" can tolerate me lol. Now that I realized Socionics doesn't engage in those stupid romantic plays, I like socionics more.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20oWARRIORo50 View Post
    Type is only one factor in determining compatibility and with respect to potential show-stoppers, it can be a rather minor issue. Some on this site seem to read more into Socionics than actually does exist. One has to keep in mind that every type has the potential to be either a saint or a devil; most are somewhere in between. A dual will likely not be able to coexist with a partner who has opposing values. Many also seem to evaluate the end product to determine compatibility whereas the routes taken are far more revealing. Socionics is better applied to understanding the people that you already work or live with rather than using it as a tool to find a mate.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SLE-D 8w7 863 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Type is only one factor in determining compatibility and with respect to potential show-stoppers, it can be a rather minor issue. Some on this site seem to read more into Socionics than actually does exist. One has to keep in mind that every type has the potential to be either a saint or a devil; most are somewhere in between. A dual will likely not be able to coexist with a partner who has opposing values. Many also seem to evaluate the end product to determine compatibility whereas the routes taken are far more revealing. Socionics is better applied to understanding the people that you already work or live with rather than using it as a tool to find a mate.

a.k.a. I/O

Agreed.
    Well, My only tool to find a mate destroyed too lol.