Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Mischa Barton

She's typed as INFj on socionics.com (that seems about right to me)

http://www.socionics.com/advan/infjcelebs.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the INFj celebrities on the socionics.com list are very attractive imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mischa Barton

O.k. , this thread might help me reach a conclusion about my type so -is she really a socionics INFJ? Is that what INFJ's are like because at socionics.com they VI her as an INFJ but something doesn't click. The people she's with, the things she does do not seem like she's an leading type (the drugs could also be because she's famous..). Could it be that because she's famous she has a certain persona or that it influenced her away from her ? I've noticed that she dresses quite extravagantly (INFJ's are supposed to be modest in their choice of clothes). Think of Gwyneth Paltrow in comparison because I think of her as more of a representative of what an leading type would be like.

If she is an INFJ then it changes my views on things. Maybe I just underestimated the INFJ as not being able to be slightly more flirty and fun than the Gulenko type description which paints an utterly dull and serious portrait which doesn't capture the Ne in the INFJ.

Here are some interviews:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ffAqyDnPIaA

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NfSJQZ...eature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ICgd9U...eature=related

So what do you think?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found her difficult to type, but overall I think ENFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I found her difficult to type, but overall I think ENFp.
    I suspected that but they did type her as INFJ at socionics.com so either they can't do their job or we're wrong. leading seems slightly off for her. The reason I'm so interested in this is because her walk REALLY reminds me of my own and maybe I'll conclude my type that way! As you can see, I'm unbelievably desperate.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    I suspected that but they did type her as INFJ at socionics.com so either they can't do their job or we're wrong.
    First, as a general comment, nobody's perfect. I don't think it's a good idea to take any website, or any person (including myself) as an infallible typer or something.

As far as socionics.com is concerned, if that was from their celebrities list, they never elaborate on their reasoning for their typings. It's possible that the typing of INFj for Mischa Burton is based on nothing but picture V.I. Not knowing how much thought someone gave to a typing, and based on what, it's difficult to judge its worth.

I can't make a rock-solid case for ENFp. She gives more straightforward, down-to-earth answers to the questions, rather than "deeper" answers which would allow more of a glimpse into her own thoughts, but even that is significant; I think it's evidence of Ne-Si quadra, so Alpha or Delta, and a Ne rather than Si type. She seems confortable with Fe but in my opinion she's Fi rather than Fe; there are points where her Fi preference is visible. Overall EP makes the most sense to me as her temperament. So, ENFp, but I think other cases can be made.
    Last edited by Expat; 05-26-2008 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, as a general comment, nobody's perfect. I don't think it's a good idea to take any website, or any person (including myself) as an infallible typer or something.
    You're right, I tend to take this whole theory as a bible even though I know better than that. I've adopted this theory sort of blindly and I take the observations of other people as if they must be correct.

Overall EP makes the most sense to me as her temperament. So, ENFp, but I think other cases can be made.
    I'm interested in the differences between EP and IJ temperament, how can I detect them?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm interested in the differences between EP and IJ temperament, how can I detect them?
    IJ temperament: unflappable, rational, stable, usually not impulsive or restless.

EP temperament: impulsive, quick to jump to action but not consistently so.

ETA: "action" meaning "talking" as well.
    Last edited by Expat; 05-26-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ temperament: unflappable, rational, stable, usually not impulsive or restless.

EP temperament: impulsive, quick to jump to action but not consistently so.

ETA: "action" meaning "talking" as well.
    Hmmm, for some reason I really can't reach a conclusion on what fits me more but I can see Mischa Barton as being both. She might be, at least in those interviews, trying to show her extraverted side so it seems EP but for some reason I'm not so sure that she's all that impulsive or quick to jump into action because if she is than I might even consider me as being that.
    By saying the part of "not consistently so" what do you mean? This is the first time that I feel like I might be getting somewhere so thank you!

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-27-2008 at 10:35 PM.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    Did Aushra or anyone else bring up the idea of temperament?.... can't remember reading it anywhere.
    It was mainly Viktor Gulenko I think, but others have as well.

By saying the part of "not consistently so" what do you mean?
    Well that applies to all temperaments. Nobody's going to act like any of them all the time, nobody is consistently impulsive, for instance. It's something that you get from observing the person over a period of time. In my opinion, her videos indicate EP or EJ (ie extraversion).

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

esi > eii