Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The area of confidence typology test

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The area of confidence typology test.

Sorry, Hugo, I know you are the one who likes to make tests like this, but I had an idea. I got it while trying to help warrior-librarian decide between S/N. I want to know if this works for people.

The area of confidence typology test.

STEP 1: pick which one of these four groups that descibes you the BEST.

Group A

I am unconfident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am unconfident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am confident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am confident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

Group B

I am confident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am unconfident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am confident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am unconfident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

Group C

I am unconfident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am confident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am unconfident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am confident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

Group D

I am confident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am confident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am unconfident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am unconfident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 2: pick which group of words fits you BEST.

1: orderly, clear-minded, obeying rules and structure, thinks rationally and sequentially, relativly stable, gathering many, open, interested in the outside world, planning, active, doer.

2: disorganized, adaptive, creating rules and structure, irrational, actions depend on mood, deep, concentrated, closed-off, thoughtful, reflective.

3: orderly, clear-minded, obeying rules and structure, thinks rationally and sequentially, realtivly stable, deep, concentrated, closed-off, thoughtful, reflective.

4: disorganized, adaptive, creating rules and structure, irrational, actions depend on mood, gathering many, open, interested in the outside world, multi-tasking, active, doer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you picked...

A-1: Logical-sensory Extratim (TeSi)
    A-2: Sensory-logical Intratim (SiTe)
    A-3: Logical-sensory Intratim (TiSe)
    A-4: Sensory-logical Extratim (SeTi)
    B-1: Ethical-sensory Extratim (FeSi)
    B-2: Sensory-ethical Intratim (SiFe)
    B-3: Ethical-Sensory Intratim (FiSe)
    B-4: Sensory-ethical Extratim (SeSi)
    C-1: Logical-intuitive Extratim (TeNi)
    C-2: Intuitive-logical Intratim (NiTe)
    C-3: Logical-intuitive Intratim (TiNe)
    C-4: Intuitive-logical Extratim (NeTi)
    D-1: Ethical-intuitive Extratim (FeNi)
    D-2: Intuitive-ethical Intratim (NiFe)
    D-3: Ethical-intuitive Intratim (FiNe)
    D-4: Intuitive-ethical Extratim (NeFi)

Let me know what you think.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Works for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    Works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Wow, that worked in a snap, and I didn't even cheat either! It's great for beginners, and is not too complex. Great job, Rocky!
    Nice.

Now if I wasn't so lazy I would put in a Part 3.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Hmm.. I did not work for me. I go into these things with an open mind and and answer honestly. A bloody shame. Most people seem sure that I'm INTp most test do no. haha. My damned mind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Wait, would you be willing to expand on this? It worked for me, but I'm still not sure what this part actually means: "I am confident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future." <- do you mean, I'm confident about what will become of me in the future? or I force other people to be confident in me?
    I would be willing to expand; the basic idea is the important part.

First of all, I don't think anyone is confident about what will happen to them in the future. And I don't mean that you can force people to be confident in you. I meant that you beliefs and intuitions are confident, so you don't mind letting people know about them or you don't mind using them. Am I making sense?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Hmm.. I did not work for me. I go into these things with an open mind and and answer honestly. A bloody shame. Most people seem sure that I'm INTp most test do no. haha. My damned mind.
    What did you get?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is only completely true for your NF types. I'm actually quite skeptical about others beliefs, and the NF types are hurt by my attitudes the most. The ENFjs/INFps cry, and the ENFps/INFjs say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Note that I am half-confident/half-unconfident about your statement. My Ni has many beliefs, but my Te always tells me that I'm an idiot.

Just a thought for you.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Cone

This is only completely true for your NF types. I'm actually quite skeptical about others beliefs, and the NF types are hurt by my attitudes the most. The ENFjs/INFps cry, and the ENFps/INFjs say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

How many Ni/Fe or Fe/Ni do you know on a personal level other than your mother? Ive cried like twice in 10 years and those were only from moments of family crisis... and I was the last to do so. Again, Fe can control this. It can express OR suppress. It isnt very impulsive. This is especially evident in Fe males. Youre painting an incorrect picture of wailing idiots. Hyper-ethical: yes. Wailing idiots: no. And I highly doubt Ne/Fi or Fi/Ne's are that stupid. Ni may be a bit foreign to them but theyre not flaming peons lol. Impatient with Ni: yes. Stupid: usually not.

BTW I found myself split between D1 and D2. D1 only slightly in the lead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is only completely true for your NF types. I'm actually quite skeptical about others beliefs, and the NF types are hurt by my attitudes the most. The
    Cone, you seem to be confident in what YOU believe in. :wink:
    If you HAD to chose which one was BEST, would it be A or C?

Unless of course you can think of a better wording for intuition.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chose A-2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly
    I'm C-1.
    That's INTJ/ENTP.

Does anyone else think Cone's Mom's an ENTP?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If C-1 is is [ENTp/INTj], which actually describes me more. Than I took a wrong turn with A-2.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly
    I'm C-1.
    That's INTJ/ENTP.

Does anyone else think Cone's Mom's an ENTP?
    I do not know, but I do think it is easy for someone to chose the wrong pathway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only this, but Cone also said that Peggy from "King of th Hill" was the spitting image of his mother. Pedro tried arguing with him saying that he was pretty sure Peggy was a T type. I started thinking about it, and my SeFi friend has a mother whom I *think* is NeTi and acts like that. Plus, why would a feeler say she in unconfident in the ethical parts, but confident in the logical parts? I'm sure it's possible, but INFps are supposed to DOUBT their logic.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky,

Good effort. I found it a bit difficult because each group contained four things, and it was difficult to make comparisons for this reason.

But the test got my type right.

I wish more people made tests.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, you seem to be confident in what YOU believe in.
    So do you, Mr. ISTp.

If you HAD to chose which one was BEST, would it be A or C?

Unless of course you can think of a better wording for intuition.
    Definitely C. And I admit that I couldn't come up with a better wording for intuition without throwing myself on the knife. I mean, I could do it, but you would all try to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    How many Ni/Fe or Fe/Ni do you know on a personal level other than your mother? Ive cried like twice in 10 years and those were only from moments of family crisis... and I was the last to do so. Again, Fe can control this. It can express OR suppress. It isnt very impulsive. This is especially evident in Fe males. Youre painting an incorrect picture of wailing idiots. Hyper-ethical: yes. Wailing idiots: no. And I highly doubt Ne/Fi or Fi/Ne's are that stupid. Ni may be a bit foreign to them but theyre not flaming peons lol. Impatient with Ni: yes. Stupid: usually not.
    Settle down, Jadae, you completely misinterpreted what I meant. Whenever I doubt my ENFj friend or INFp mother, whether I am wrong about my belief or not, they always treat it as a personal attack, like "why can't you just trust me? Are you that heartless?" They interpret it as like I think they themselves are idiots that can't do anything right. That's not my intention, but that's just what happens.

Now, I admit, I don't know any ENFps personally, but I figure that they work on the same level as INFjs. My INFj friend ignores my objections to his beliefs about aliens and dragons, and he won't believe any counter-intuitive things that I say. He always tries to throw facts my way, saying, "Look here. They've actually shown that this could happen!"

And stuff like that.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, you seem to be confident in what YOU believe in.
    So do you, Mr. ISTp.
    I may seem like that, but I'm not. That was one of the reasons I made this test; I saw how the sensing applies to me more than the intuition. To tell you the truth, I am usually a bit nervous about my beliefs and trying to push them on people. Even when I type people I have this gut feeling that I'm wrong.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big on induction/effect-to-cause, i think?
    The basic thought process of INTps. Yes indeed.

Creepy-pokeball

"Settle down, Jadae, you completely misinterpreted what I meant. Whenever I doubt my ENFj friend or INFp mother, whether I am wrong about my belief or not, they always treat it as a personal attack, like "why can't you just trust me? Are you that heartless?" They interpret it as like I think they themselves are idiots that can't do anything right. That's not my intention, but that's just what happens.

Now, I admit, I don't know any ENFps personally, but I figure that they work on the same level as INFjs. My INFj friend ignores my objections to his beliefs about aliens and dragons, and he won't believe any counter-intuitive things that I say. He always tries to throw facts my way, saying, "Look here. They've actually shown that this could happen!"

And stuff like that." -Cone

I didnt misinterpret anything. Im tired of gender bias, general stereotyping and the like. It is getting old. Why would you object to your friends thoughts? Theyre his thoughts. So what if he believes in froo-froo crap? Some of us believe in cognitive functions-- do you realize how outlandish that is to most? A good friend would be supportive to his ideas and he would be supportive of you as well. My Fi/Se friend tells me all about native america, mythological, spiritual, comic book ideas... etc etc etc. I dont believe in it specifically but I dont question his ideas because they are not harmful. They are his world and I honor that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, I admit, I don't know any ENFps personally, but I figure that they work on the same level as INFjs. My INFj friend ignores my objections to his beliefs about aliens and dragons...

Your friend's beliefs sound more like those most would more readily associate with ENFjs. The idea that ENFps and INFjs work on the same level sounds really ridiculous as well. Or perhaps "level" should be clarified.

Creepy-pokeball

Or perhaps we shouldldnt generalize? Perhaps there are mannnnnnnnnny different flavors of NF's. I swear you guys do this on purpose.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    May I?

The reason your NF friends reacted that way is because when you questioned their beliefs in those things, you were implying (albeit not purposely) that you doubt or distrust the information coming from their zone of confidence, what they automatically and fearlessly use all the time -- their dominant and creative functions. It is like telling them the information filtered by those channels were fallacious. You didn't mean it but that was how it was probably perceived.
    That's what I was basically saying. Am I being too vague or something?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see myself in D1 and D2. More towards D2.

This test is good although words like 'imagination', 'romantic' and 'empathetic' are not quite effective determinants because they can apply to all NFs.
    If anyone has suggestions for better wording on any of them feel free to give it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes INTps can speak in a figurative way.
    Yes, that gets me into alot of trouble, sometimes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I added a Part 3.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's makes it damn easy to differentiate between mirror types, but what's with all the damn Hugo-ish smileys?

<-- I'm going to kill that guy if I see him one more time!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's makes it damn easy to differentiate between mirror types, but what's with all the damn Hugo-ish smileys?

<-- I'm going to kill that guy if I see him one more time!
    That was my point. If you can manage to get good descriptions of both the I/E and J/P scales and put them together, it's much easier to tell which one you are than simply doing one at a time. Most people will find one to click rigt away and the other to sound way off.

Oh, and,

MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worked nicely. Simple and easy to read over all the choices. B-1 ~. .
    "this shaking keeps me steady. i should know. what falls always is always. and is near. i wake to sleep and taking my waking slow. i learn by going where i have to go." -t. roethke

ENFp!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone come up with better descriptions for the second part of the test? A few people said that they were kind of split between the two choices. I think part 2 is the hardest choice to make, and any distinctive descriptions that anyone can come up with are appreciated.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I could not decide between D1 and D2, so I read the four options in the next step. Since I was on the phone with a friend, I read D1* and D2* to
    her and she picked D1* as a better fit for me, but without the closed-off. ENFPs can be deep, thoughtful and reflective, apparently.

D2* fits, too, but she said I don't usually come across as loud, unless there is an appropriate context (party, etc).

I don't really like the implication that INFPs (I believe) are deep and thoughtful as opposed to ENFps being loud and shallow - *sigh*
    Sorry if I'm repeating myself...I'm just fighting my own little ENFp battle here...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim, I don't think IEE are shallow, dumb and loud. Part 3 is just supposed to tell between you and your mirror. The descriptions are supposed to be extreme opposites so you know to pick the "right" one.

I think the biggest problem would be with Part 2. If you (or anyone else) have some better descriptions to tell between the NeFis and the NiFes, then I will put them in. A lot of people said that they were close between the two choices in Part 2 and I think if someone is going to pick the wrong path that is most likely where it will be. I'm willing to revise Part 2 with other people's suggestions (especially for your own type).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rocky, I know that's not what you think. I just wanted to point out that I don't think the loud vs. closed-off dichotomy really works. I would perhaps replacy loud with outgoing. I would certainly say I'm outgoing, but I'm not loud. :wink:

As for step 2, I marked those that definitely apply to me with an *

1- Strong core beliefs*, plan for the future*, imagination*, romantic*, uplift people’s emotions*, easy life, expresses feelings*,

2- Finds hidden emotions*, empathetic*, sees the talents in others*, trusting*, respect*, lack of will-power, conflict-free atmosphere.

As for the last two, yes and no. I don't really know...I don't like conflict, but I don't shy away from it. And lack of will-power really depends, too.

I don't know if this helps any...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I took "loud" out and put in "planning" for the rationals and "multi-tasking" for the irrationals.

I'll try to come up with better descriptions for the Ds.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And perhaps the Cs also. Here, I'll show you:

(in Kim's notation)

1- Positive potential, new possibilities*, sense of justice*, break down concepts*, new and radical ideas*, lack of determination*, lack of organization, lose interest in people.

2- Strong core beliefs, plan for the future, rationally organized, practical*, business-minded*, pedantic*, insensitive to others feelings*.

I don't necessarily have positive potential; I only serve to organize and better an existing idea, not create things from it. I lack organization, yet I create it. I usually don't lose interest in people.

My own beliefs change with the wind. On that note, I don't plan for my future, at least not in a philosophical sense; I'm more of a "floating in the breeze" kind of guy. And I'm not entirely rationally organized; alot of what I do is either blind impulse or gut feeling.

Adding up the columns, I come out as C-1, 5 to 4. And this makes step three impossible to choose. If I was C-2, it would be multitudes easier.

What I think is the problem with step two is that you're combining traits of both the mirror types. Mirror types may be on alike levels, but they are not the same, notably in the areas of J/P and E/I. Te, for example, works very differently depending on whether it is in the accepting position or the creative position.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own beliefs change with the wind. On that note, I don't plan for my future, at least not in a philosophical sense; I'm more of a "floating in the breeze" kind of guy. And I'm not entirely rationally organized; alot of what I do is either blind impulse or gut feeling.
    Yes, a LIE would have agreed with most of that. And planning is more Extraversion. It's more "thinking ahead" but not actual planning for the IxI.

Maybe I should just take out Part 2 all together, and only give that Part 3 choices. This might be a little more effective.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a problem with part 2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took out the old part 2, and I hope this gets rid of some problems.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    I don't have a problem with part 2.
    Give Socionics some time. Then you will. :wink:

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

works like a charm!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C-2 ENTp.

Hmm....
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast