The name of this particular breakdown of the 16 types eludes me at the moment, but it breaks the 16 types into four groupings as follows...

Leaders - ESFj/ESTp/ESFp/ESTj
Jokers (this must be a bad russian translation, but that's the term that was used) - ENTp/ENFj/ENTj/ENFp
Diplomats - ISFp/ISTj/ISFj/ISTp
Gurus - INTj/INFp/INTp/INFj

There is then a breakdown of the sixteen types into four groupings, the names of two elude me...

Constructors - INTj/ISTj/ENTj/ESTj
Re-constructors - ENTp/ESTp/INTp/ISTp
Guardians - ESFj/ENFj/ISFj/INFj
(Can't remember this one, I believe it was socials or something to that effect) - ISFp/INFp/ESFp/ENFp

So...I was reading Warren Buffett's annual letter to shareholders of Berkshire Hathaway, which, if you've never read one, is inspiring, and I got to thinking about the latter groupings and corporate governance. In my experience (I've worked for two fortune 500 banks), the following positions in the executive leadership are the most important (not necessarily in this order) and common...CEO (Chief Executive Officer), CFO (Chief Financial Officer), COO (Chief Operating Officer), and General Counsel. Here's my take on the ideal socionics type for each position...

CEO - ESTj...The johnny gladhander figure-head of the organization who's good at giving orders and is usually respected for his integrity and work ethic. Willingly takes advice on big picture issues and is a master of process. Has a competetive spirit, but not a conquering one.

CFO - ENTj...excellent with money, and willing to risk capital in the name of economic growth in a planned and processed way. Can see and manipulate short term market trends allowing for an advantage over non- Ni types in the same industry. Is a visionary in this regard, but needs to be monitored to ensure that big picture goals (Ne) are not being sacrificed in the name of short term gain.

COO - ISTj...a master of hierarchy and a hard-ass. Can understand easily how each department in the organization functions and how they relate to one another. Hard worker, but also able to be forcefully diplomatic when necessary to create co-operation between different departments. Not overly cerebral and able to deal with the mundane operations necessary to the day to day operation of a company.

General Counsel - INTj...always focused on the big picture and an acute legal mind able to evaluate quickly the risk-reward ratio of any business decision from multiple perspective objectively. Able to predict the long term results of actions better than the other three, and therefore an important advisor to the CEO concerning the vision of the company and a balance to the CFO's shorter term focus. Financial gain is secondary to the visions and values of the company for an INTj, and therefore he is unlikely to sacrifice the long-term well-being of a company in the name of a quick profit.

This will inevitably rub some irrational types the wrong way I'm sure, but most that I know function better independently, outside of the hierarchy.