View Poll Results: What was Jacqueline's type?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 100.00%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

esfj

quotes:

The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse.

I've always thought of being in love as being willing to do anything for the other person — starve to buy them bread and not mind living in Siberia with them — and I've always thought that every minute away from them would be hell — so looking at it that [way] I guess I'm not in love with you.

The first time you marry for love, the second for money, and the third for companionship.

All these people come to see the White House and they see practically nothing that dates back before 1948. Every boy who comes here should see things that develop his sense of history. For the girls, the house should look beautiful and lived-in. They should see what a fire in the fireplace and pretty flowers can do for a house; the White House rooms should give them a sense of all that. Everything in the White House must have a reason for being there. It would be sacrilege merely to "redecorate" it -- a word I hate. It must be restored -- and that has nothing to do with decoration. That is a question of scholarship.

One man can make a difference and every man should try.

We know you understand that even though people may be well known they still hold in their hearts the emotions of a simple person for the moments that are the most important of those we know on earth — birth, marriage, death. We wish our wedding to be a private moment in the little chapel among the cypresses of Skorpios.

What is sad for women of my generation is that they weren’t supposed to work if they had families. What were they to do when the children were grown — watch raindrops coming down the windowpane?

Now, I think that I should have known that he was magic all along. I did know it — but I should have guessed that it would be too much to ask to grow old with and see our children grow up together. So now, he is a legend when he would have preferred to be a man. - JFK memorial issue.

The children have been a wonderful gift to me, and I’m thankful to have once again seen our world through their eyes. They restore my faith in the family’s future.

There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all.

The only routine with me is no routine at all.

Sex is a bad thing because it rumples the clothes.

I loathe the French. There's not one French person I can think of except—maybe two very simple people. Maybe Boudin, who's so un-French. You know, they're really not very nice. They're all for themselves.

The trouble with me is that I’m an outsider. And that’s a very hard thing to be in American life.

The deep desire to inspire people, to take an active part in the life of the country … attracts our best people to political life … We should all do something to right the wrongs that we see and not just complain about them. We owe that to our country.

Last edited by silke; 08-05-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: updated videos
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might actually agree with you. SFVB makes a good case for ISFp as her type, on the other hand.

should we celebrate?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think ISFP too, however I changed my mind very recently.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Could be isfj

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    Could be isfj
    Indeed you are right. I considered that as well, however she seems a Fe person rather than Fi. She seems to express her emotions. Its' quite possible though that her own mother was ISFJ.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Typeless Wonder
    Could be isfj
    Indeed you are right. I considered that as well, however she seems a Fe person rather than Fi. She seems to express her emotions. Its' quite possible though that her own mother was ISFJ.
    I think it's a misconception to say that Fi types don't express their emotions. Actually, that's an important thing to clear up. True, ESFjs express their emotions to a very high extent; ISFps tend to convey a certain overall "tone" or "mood." But to think of ISFjs or INFjs as black holes in regard to emotions I think is a mistake.

There are ISFjs that hide their emotions or seem to put on a "Te" face. But actually many ISFjs express themselves when appropriate or stimulated by something that's worth getting emotional about, and are probably more inclined to express their emotions than most T types.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is like granitic volcanoes with low viscosity in lava
    Fi is like basaltic volcanoes with high viscosity in lava
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Fe is like granitic volcanoes with low viscosity in lava
    Fi is like basaltic volcanoes with high viscosity in lava

lol what???

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she was ENFj and therefore JFK's identical, but ESFj would be my close second choice.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI would be my guess.

What do you think @sevjenn ?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESI

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead thread! SEI ESE perhaps.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    ESI would be my guess.

What do you think @sevjenn ?

well hi there trevor!glad to b mentioned by a nice lad for a nice purpose

true how true! i see a fellow esi in her! she is like a mirror a mirror of all my fears ,wants and dreams D'=

lessee what my gurls have to say @lungs @blackburry <3<#,#<#########3333333333333

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI works - Gamma SF > Beta NF (I doubt EIE, though).
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Extremely irritating in the interview. ESI (not bacause she's irritating lol)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

She seems very down-to-earth, soft, and cordial from the interviews, yet this line from the documentary at 4 min suggests that this is not all that there was to her: "Though we can't see it, she is in fact like radar scanning out friends and adversaries on the podium."

updated: I'd go with SEI soc/sp 4w3.
    Last edited by silke; 08-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jacqueline Kennedy

There's a new movie out on her, has anyone seen it? What was her type?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI most likely

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeling and Sensing, SF type.

I've always thought of being in love as being willing to do anything for the other person — starve to buy them bread and not mind living in Siberia with them — and I've always thought that every minute away from them would be hell — so looking at it that [way] I guess I'm not in love with you. Letter breaking up with a boyfriend in 1947, as quoted in Jacqueline Kennedy's Old Love Letters Will School You in the Art of Breaking Up" by Laura Beck.

A newspaper reported I spend $30,000 a year buying Paris clothes and that women hate me for it. I couldn’t spend that much unless I wore sable underwear.

Minimum information given with maximum politeness .
    • — Instructions to press secretary Pamela Turnure; Quoted in A Hero for Our Time (1983) by Ralph G Martin; sometimes rendered : "I want minimum information given with maximum politeness."

It looks like it’s been furnished by discount stores. On the White House; Quoted in A Hero for Our Time

The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse.
    Advice to her secretary; quoted inThe Kennedys

You are about to have your first experience with a Greek lunch. I will kill you if you pretend to like it. Welcoming decorator Billy Baldwin to the island of Skorpios

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Minimum information given with maximum politeness .
    • — Instructions to press secretary Pamela Turnure; Quoted in A Hero for Our Time (1983) by Ralph G Martin; sometimes rendered : "I want minimum information given with maximum politeness."

This is really interesting but it sounds like Ti, maybe ? Though even if it were it doesn't mean she's a Ti ego type.

I generally struggle to find relevant quotes by her and about her since it's been so blown out of proportion or embellished that it throws me off sometimes

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This is really interesting but it sounds like Ti, maybe ? Though even if it were it doesn't mean she's a Ti ego type.

I generally struggle to find relevant quotes by her and about her since it's been so blown out of proportion or embellished that it throws me off sometimes
    Her relationship with her father & grandfather which brought her a great amount of confidence to her is what pointed me to an Fi-ego type.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered why not a logical type for her? I guess for me i can't rule it out for some reason.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was an ESI-Se.

EDIT: Her mother in law was an LSI-Ti.

OLD FALSE STATEMENT: Her mother in law was the ethical subtype; much harsher vibe, much stricter and more punitive with children, much less intelligent, much more serious, much colder and more socially introverted, much less artistic, much more routine, much less elegant, much more strained.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 04-13-2023 at 12:09 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those quotes in the OP sound exactly like ESI-Se statements.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI