TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mao Tse-tung (Zedong)

ENTJ
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reading Jung Chang's Mao biography, and the figure described there is ESTp or ENFj. No ENTj. Slight possibility of Se-ESFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat, but you are aware that that book has stirred up a lot of controversies? I do not know anything to pass judgement, I just know taht some say her book is biased and that this one is better. This is what I read from forums....

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am aware of that, that is precisely one of the reasons why I bought it. And I also have Philip Short's book.

I had also previously read Li Zhisui's The Private Life of Chairman Mao.

Neither book is my only source on Mao -- and nowhere have I seen anything to suggest ENTj.

As for "biased" - I am starting to "love" that word.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..... the whole "cultural revolution"

was extremely anti

Ti was put on a huge pedestal

cut off all higher learning (alternate forms of thinking), controlling with mass propaganda so everyone thinks the same way, huge concern about image.

Ti + Fe + Se
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I'm reading Jung Chang's Mao biography, and the figure described there is ESTp or ENFj. No ENTj. Slight possibility of Se-ESFp.

It totally seems like a Beta affair. It was all about image "This doesn't look like it supports OUR culture!!!"
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Mao Tse toung

Any Ideas?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Some Beta type.

Best candid photos I could find so far:

More here

"Policy is the starting-point of all the practical actions of a revolutionary party and manifests itself in the process and the end-result of that party's actions. A revolutionary party is carrying out a policy whenever it takes any action. If it is not carrying out a correct policy, it is carrying out a wrong policy; if it is not carrying out a given policy consciously, it is doing so blindly. What we call experience is the process and the end-result of carrying out a policy. Only through the practice of the people, that is, through experience, can we verify whether a policy is correct or wrong and determine to what extent it is correct or wrong. However, people's practice, especially the practice of a revolutionary party and the revolutionary masses, cannot but be bound up with one policy or another. Therefore, before any action is taken, we must explain the policy, which we have formulated in the light of the given circumstances, to Party members and to the masses. Otherwise, Party members and the masses will depart from the guidance of our policy, act blindly and carry out a wrong policy."

"Unquestionably, victory or defeat in war is determined mainly by the military, political, economic and natural conditions on both sides. However, not by these alone. It is also determined by each side's subjective ability in directing the war. In his endeavor to win a war, a military strategist cannot overstep the limitations imposed by the material conditions; within these limitations, however, he can and must strive for victory. The stage of action for a military strategist is built upon objective material conditions, but on that stage, he can direct the performance of many a drama, full of sound and color, power and grandeur."

Um, yeah. Beta.

Lots more lengthy quotations from his 'Little Red Book'.

Good stuff.

Yeah Im inclined to say ESTp also.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He VIs more like a Beta NF than ST imo. I'm more inclined to think he is ENFj.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His droplet shaped body and slightly fat, hanging cheeks are quite common among IxTp types. His distant, passive gaze, in my opinion, is very different from that of ESxp types.

Also left-authoritarianism is not necessarily Beta. You've got a lot of people refering to Ayn Rand as a typical Beta despite that she is strongly right-libertarian. Either these people are dead wrong (and I do mean in a really, really embarrasing way cause they would be pegging her opposite to what she really is), or the "political compass" is not type related, and so Mao's tendency to authoritarianism doesn't indicate he is Beta.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta Rational, I had thought LSI before. He has pretty null facial expressions/motility in general, especially for an EIE, but the photo on the left makes me question myself, as does this:

There's a bit of that David Carradine pensiveness in there.

And yes, Ashton, this time I am saying that Carradine is EIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I was thinking about that too lol. Kinda reminds me of #s.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some kind of Beta. His father sounded like an LSI-Ti. His mother sounded like an extraverted beta or an ILE-Ti. I guess his mother could've been an LSI-Se and then Mao Zedong himself was an LSI-Se. I kind of think it would be impossible for an LSI-Ti to make that big of an impact, but an LSI-Se could do it... Stalin was an LSI-Se and he made a very large impact.

It's kind of hard and kind of easy for me to see him as EIE-Ni. He didn't live a structured life at all, and didn't sound monotonous in his life like EIE-Ni often are and he didn't try to appeal to peoples' emotions like ****** who was an EIE-Ni did. But he was very distrustful and authoritarian in the way he handled people and society like EIE-Ni often are.

If I had to say though, I'd say he was an unusually effective SLE-Ti. The only other two types I could see him as are LSI-Se and EIE-Ni. But he seemed way more creative than EIE-Ni tend to be (EIE-Ni's work is usually pretty unoriginal although there are some exceptions).
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se/Ni valuing is apparent, with strong Ne. So EIE or LIE. I think NF fits better than NT and Beta fits better than Gamma, so EIE makes sense.