Thread: Michelle Wie

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michelle Wie

Michelle Sung Wie (born October 11, 1989 in Honolulu, Hawaii) is a professional American golfer who has gained attention for her attempts to make a cut at a PGA Tour event. In 2006, she was named in a Time magazine article, "one of 100 people who shape our world." She has been accepted to Stanford University and has said she will be enrolling in fall 2007.

CNN's Living Golf: Michelle Wie special
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

Michelle Wie on 60 Minutes
    Part 1
    Part 2

Based on the videos, I think she's ESTj imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can see estj's in the dark, methinks
    (are they really everthere?) :wink:

those 3 pics she feels aggressive, most like Se dom i nant when concentrating

notsuretho

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE looks good. very energetic and forthright. the 60 minutes video notes her dominating, challenge-the-standards behavior. SEE is also very possible.

also not very smart.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    also not very smart.

are you referring to the

"you seem to be pushing the envelope."

"huh?"

exchange?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE looks good. very energetic and forthright. the 60 minutes video notes her dominating, challenge-the-standards behavior. SEE is also very possible.

also not very smart.
    What made me thought that she was LSE was her maturity for her age (mainly because I have known a lot of immature SLEs IRL ) and she seems to be a workaholic as well. Moreover, I find it hard to picture an SLE becoming a professional golfer, which is probably a Delta sport. However, what I find surprising was that she seemed to be too focused on golf to the extent that she couldn't do basic household chores or other daily activities. I'm not sure if this is even type-related.

On a side note, I feel that she seemed a little awkward and uptight when she's been interviewed, as if she knew that she would be judged and is rather careful of the answers she gave. She seems rather surprised and embarassed by her fame as well, unlike SLEs who are attention seeking and bask in glory when others idolized them.

Btw, niffweed, I would like to know why is she not very smart (even the comments on YouTube pointed to that as well.) To me, her replies are what I would expect from a typical teenager.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

also not very smart.
    What made me thought that she was LSE was her maturity for her age (mainly because I have known a lot of immature SLEs IRL ) and she seems to be a workaholic as well. Moreover, I find it hard to picture an SLE becoming a professional golfer, which is probably a Delta sport. However, what I find surprising was that she seemed to be too focused on golf to the extent that she couldn't do basic household chores or other daily activities. I'm not sure if this is even type-related.

On a side note, I feel that she seemed a little awkward and uptight when she's been interviewed, as if she knew that she would be judged and is rather careful of the answers she gave. She seems rather surprised and embarassed by her fame as well, unlike SLEs who are attention seeking and bask in glory when others idolized them.

Btw, niffweed, I would like to know why is she not very smart (even the comments on YouTube pointed to that as well.) To me, her replies are what I would expect from a typical teenager.
    I vote for LSE.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1, I don't think Rick's typings are ever wrong (or very rarely)

#2, I think the SEE is on the inside track, the slave type for the LSE master. (which means from a socionics IM-ony standpoint, LSE works.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Thanks , but I've got to back up my typings like anyone else.

She seems to have the sort of monotone drawl that most LSEs have, as well as the stiff, straight walk. She seems very driven (but that's not very type related). Her extraversion, I think, is pretty obvious (learning a bunch of new languages to be able to talk to people in different countries; taking care to work on her image, and other things). I think she seems fairly relaxed and enjoyment oriented ( ) rather than the kind of person who would apply pressure and up the ante ( ).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, yeah. looking at more of the videos at her i don't see as much Se, although i still think SLE is a possibility. i'm not sure what type she is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick

She seems to have the sort of monotone drawl that most LSEs have, as well as the stiff, straight walk. She seems very driven (but that's not very type related). Her extraversion, I think, is pretty obvious (learning a bunch of new languages to be able to talk to people in different countries; taking care to work on her image, and other things). I think she seems fairly relaxed and enjoyment oriented ( ) rather than the kind of person who would apply pressure and up the ante ( ).
    Just a side note here, but when you distinguish Si from Se that way, would you say then that between LSEs and SLEs, the LSEs will appear more relaxed and laid-back? ...or that an LSE would appear more enjoyment oriented, laid-back, and fun-loving than an SEE (would the SEE then appear more "business-like" than the LSE?)?

See, it always appeared to me that the irrational types appear more laid-back and spontaneous. But from your comment, it seems it may be the other way around when Se vs. Si is involved?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick

Just a side note here, but when you distinguish Si from Se that way, would you say then that between LSEs and SLEs, the LSEs will appear more relaxed and laid-back? ...or that an LSE would appear more enjoyment oriented, laid-back, and fun-loving than an SEE (would the SEE then appear more "business-like" than the LSE?)?

See, it always appeared to me that the irrational types appear more laid-back and spontaneous. But from your comment, it seems it may be the other way around when Se vs. Si is involved?
    I thought that might catch someone's attention . There is a stereotype that LSEs are "uptight workaholics," but if you take a look at them, they're actually almost always in an enjoyment-centered state of mind. They have to be to complement their duals, who often suffer from not being able to unwind and let go. It's the LIEs and EIEs who actually appear "uptight" on photos and often sacrifice that state of enjoyment and relaxation.

I would say that LSEs externally have a combination of "stiffness" and "enjoyment orientation." SEEs are rarely "stiff," but their enjoyment orientation is quite a bit different. Their enjoyment is external and involves loudness, robust movements, and often a bit of crudeness and toughness (mobilizing the body). enjoyment is internal and involves relaxing the body and soaking up internal vibes. Too see what I mean, here's a video of an LSE enjoying himself. This is a very video, especially when he's talking to the girls one-on-one in a really smooth, relaxed way.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick....sometimes it is painful to see you talking about VI
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Rick....sometimes it is painful to see you talking about VI
    It's not really VI as many people here understand it, it's just noticing people's internal states...

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj-Fe is possible............. not too positive at all though.