Thread: INTjs and "The Quest"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs and "The Quest"

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.” -
    Thomas Jefferson.

Maximilian Robespierre - the leader of the Great French Revolution (1789 - 1794).

1. "I think therefore I am". He is a man of developed logical faculty, a strong capability for analysis. He knows how to dig to the essence of things, to reveal their internal structure. "Providence has created myself for quiet study work, to which it dedicated all the rapture of my soul", – said Thomas Jefferson, during whose presidency the territory of the US has grown nearly double. He considers all situations of life from the logical viewpoint.

So.....
    I want to hear what other INTjs think about this. TJefferson had the birth of America, MaxRob had the French revolution... what about the rest of us?

I bring this up because just now am have I really become "aware" of mine - more so, how to do about documenting it and measuring it, creating/becoming aware of the infrastructure of it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or refering to? If so, write a bit about it. What prompted me to write this was the connection to socionics that I make in my mind, obviously, but also, the joy (the thinking kind of joy, like "yeah, I can't wait to work this out and think about it some more tomorrow - too bad this pathetic body has to "sleep"), the joy that has come from me at long last being able to "put my finger on"- or at least point to- some thing, or idea, that represents this sort of "quest" thing.

My words are so vague, because I don't really understand thoroughly yet. I was wondering if anyone else could relate - and so this post was made.

what do you think?

PS: personally speaking, in reference to my "quest"...

What intrigues me most about this is the wonderful breaking down of the barriers between "self" and "others", and of general conventional thought in general. I feel as though I am becoming closer to the truth through this. Whether it is a subjective truth or a secular thing I do not know, but the boundies between those are even more "complex", in a way.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTjs and "The Quest"

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    "Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear.” -
    Thomas Jefferson.

Maximilian Robespierre - the leader of the Great French Revolution (1789 - 1794).

1. "I think therefore I am". He is a man of developed logical faculty, a strong capability for analysis. He knows how to dig to the essence of things, to reveal their internal structure. "Providence has created myself for quiet study work, to which it dedicated all the rapture of my soul", – said Thomas Jefferson, during whose presidency the territory of the US has grown nearly double. He considers all situations of life from the logical viewpoint.

So.....
    I want to hear what other INTjs think about this. TJefferson had the birth of America, MaxRob had the French revolution... what about the rest of us?

I bring this up because just now am have I really become "aware" of mine - more so, how to do about documenting it and measuring it, creating/becoming aware of the infrastructure of it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or refering to? If so, write a bit about it. What prompted me to write this was the connection to socionics that I make in my mind, obviously, but also, the joy (the thinking kind of joy, like "yeah, I can't wait to work this out and think about it some more tomorrow - too bad this pathetic body has to "sleep"), the joy that has come from me at long last being able to "put my finger on"- or at least point to- some thing, or idea, that represents this sort of "quest" thing.

My words are so vague, because I don't really understand thoroughly yet. I was wondering if anyone else could relate - and so this post was made.

what do you think?

PS: personally speaking, in reference to my "quest"...

What intrigues me most about this is the wonderful breaking down of the barriers between "self" and "others", and of general conventional thought in general. I feel as though I am becoming closer to the truth through this. Whether it is a subjective truth or a secular thing I do not know, but the boundies between those are even more "complex", in a way.
    Thats' why I am here :wink:
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"What" is the reason why you are here? That's quite a vague statement, obviously.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"What" is the reason why you are here? That's quite a vague statement, obviously.
    The quest, check my blog
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... what is TRNACE?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... what is TRNACE?
    Its' for trance, the overcoming of the present details to see the underlying phenomena.

# A hypnotic, cataleptic, or ecstatic state.
    # Detachment from one's physical surroundings, as in contemplation or daydreaming.
    # A semiconscious state, as between sleeping and waking; a daze

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He knows how to dig to the essence of things, to reveal their internal structure...He considers all situations of life from the logical viewpoint.
    Yeah, you know how to turn off this logical analysis? Does anyone besides me get tired of the nonstop thinking/problem-solving we INTjs do about everything? I drive myself crazy sometimes!

:wink: I knew alcohol was good for something!
    INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galadriel
    He knows how to dig to the essence of things, to reveal their internal structure...He considers all situations of life from the logical viewpoint.
    Yeah, you know how to turn off this logical analysis? Does anyone besides me get tired of the nonstop thinking/problem-solving we INTjs do about everything? I drive myself crazy sometimes!
    YES. There are many times when I wish I could turn my brain off for a while. Then again, there are other times when I wish I didn't have emotions at all. Then again, there are other times I wish that I wouldn't think of all possible contingencies. Then again, ..... hmmm I'm doing again. *sigh*

I DO wish that I had some great quest though. It seems these days it is really hard to push through the "fog of war" present in what I perceive to be a stagnant and self-indulgent society.
    Apollonian
    INTj
    "How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.” - Soren Kierkegaard
    “Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect; a haphazardly selective memory; a set of preconceptions and assumptions so numerous that I can never examine more than a minority of them - never becoming conscious of them all. How much of total reality can such an apparatus let through?” - C. S. Lewis (INTJ)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonian
    Quote Originally Posted by galadriel
    YES. There are many times when I wish I could turn my brain off for a while. Then again, there are other times when I wish I didn't have emotions at all. Then again, there are other times I wish that I wouldn't think of all possible contingencies. Then again, ..... hmmm I'm doing again. *sigh*

I DO wish that I had some great quest though. It seems these days it is really hard to push through the "fog of war" present in what I perceive to be a stagnant and self-indulgent society.
    Well it's refreshing to hear someone else say that, and not just myself.

I'm at a current transitioning point in my life, it seems. It's the end of the semester, and it's a daily battle to do what I need to do. Discipline is something I'm making my main objective, my goal, my focus. But I've not perfected it yet. I slack off way too much. My room mate says otherwise, but that's because he's a different type of person (not necessarily referint to "typing" here) He's just much more laid back about work ethic, and productivity issues.

Apollonian, I mentioned the Marines in my last post because I'm somewhat rolling that idea around in my mind for a possible course of action in the future. My discipline is not where I need it to be, not where I want it. I know I could find some there. But that is another story for another time.

As for thinking too much, I seem to have dealt with that somehow. I don't understand it yet, though. I can't turn it off when I want to, no. But it seems to have gotten better........... or, as is my heightening fear, maybe I'm just getting lazier-- or futhermore, perhaps because I am seeking to make improvement in this area, now I really see all the cracks in the foundation, so to say.

This reminds me of all the things I heard about INTjs always feeling like they are on the verge of failure or something, and the related depression that is often linked with it. While I refuse to be "depressed" or let an emotional state influence me so much, I really wonder about several things here....

1. Is a "depressed" state of things the only way to proerly fuel the drive? Or should I say, the desired drive?
    2. I've heard that INTjs need something outside of them to stir them and make them 'emotionally involved' in the matter or situation, but it is very hard for them to do this themselves
    3. So in a way... (in terms of systems theory), I'm trying to figure out what variables I have to deal with in order to get the outcome I want. What inputs, and what I should to about environemental things.

This is one area that I have not yet come to an acceptable level of mastery, so I am really talking about it all the time here online, to keep the issue present for myself. There are somewhat conflicting standpoints, though, for myself, because I realize that I don't NEED to work so hard, especially right now, at this point of my very young college career. BUt then, there is the whole factor of taking pride in the level of your output, the quality of it.

That is my current battle. It's very internal, and it is actually exciting, because you get to keep track, and you KNOW how well you are doing. It makes life into a certain sort of game, almost, in this perspective, and it's 'entertaining' in that way. But I'm still a coaster and a slacker. ......I think it has to do with my sincere beliefs that generally speaking... (at least in terms of the more Language Arts types of courses), there are only so many concepts or ideas. Like movies, you can only tell the same story in so many ways. Aside: my professors seem to get irratated whenever I try to be original about something, which was the last straw for any "english/social studies" type courses. I am making a huge generalization, but it is for time's sake. I don't like writing posts this long, and I have other things to do, too. Whatever the case, I am greatly looking forward to starting Physics&Astronomy as my major for next year- I'll just leave it at that.

For a sort of conclusion, even writing about discipline seems to motivate me somewhat in its regard. There is something there that needs less external activation energy, so I guess it is something that I really do think is valuable. Alright, I'm off to get to work.[/list]

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I certainly get the idea of wanting to be on a quest...it seems to be entangled in what I want for humanity, rather than glory for myself...Or, if humanity runs the way I see things, that will be my glory...though, that's obviously difficult to achieve, even if I know what to do. At the moment, I feel there are some 'missionaries' who are spreading the word about things I consider important, and I consider it my duty to speak out when things aren't right - though, I don't do this, because I don't feel like I'm on a high enough stage to be heard (and I have some uncertainity in what I really want - I feel like I want to be head of some task force with people who expertise in certain areas giving me data to act on). It seems as though I want to make the world better for all people, but I don't have the data (and hence the motivation) to set some goals. So, I guess I need to made head of some task force...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what I must do.
    I cannot let anyone influence me from that course, however. So dealing with my role and history will be the main problem.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you think?
    My 'quest' involves a reconcialition between:

1) The natural order of the physical world: in broad terms, the scientific basis, truth, and methods of cosmology and earth science, with great respect to physics, chemistry and biology.

2) Humankind: How societies function and should function, how our species impacts (1) and how we should derive a global method and means of existence with respect to (1).

3) Personalized/Idealized 'image' of self: My personal drive in understanding (1), along with how I'm affected by (2), and how the former should drive my efforts in impacting (2).

My worldview is devoid of supernatural meaning, the logical extension being that meaning is entirely contigent on natural existence. I have to reconcile the fear of objective meaninglessness with the subjective meaning associated with being a function of the universe that recognizes itself. It's hollow, but yet it's all I have. I also need to make peace with my own biology - physical and emotional state - whereby even though I resent it, and resent the culture of (2) that requires or pressures me to act in a certain manner, I still have to accept it as an important part of existence as a human being. I also grudgingly accept it as the best vehicle to achieving personal happiness that I am likely to find.

I understand the problem; most of the time I have a low opinion on the quest. It's not an emotionally-coddling train of thought,

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That looks like something I wrote maybe 6-8 months ago