Thread: Type assistance please

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type assistance please

I don't think I've ever encountered someone of this type before, our interactions are very weird. She's very shy (around me at least), almost never making eye contact during conversation, and very soft spoken. However, when she's around her friends, she's very outspoken and extroverted, but still avoiding eye contact. I'd been strangely attracted to her since I met her last month, but was unable to infer her feelings towards me. She would do very subtle things that could be interpreted either as showing attraction or just being really friendly. Upon asking her friends if she likes me, I was informed that she does, and was considering pursuing me if I didn't make a move soon. I made a move :wink: Furthermore, she wants to be a police officer, and eventually a politician.

*edit* I'm thinking she's either an ISFp or ISFj
    *edit* pics removed, type identified, probably
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, anymore information about her?
    Like, describe her a lil more?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know her very well. She's a stoner, and likes to drink when unburdened by school responsibilities. She seems to have a plan for the future, although she's somewhat spontaneous in her daily activities. From what I can tell, she's a very genuine person and doesn't have a penchant for deceit. She doesn't like assholes, which is awesome for me because I'm a chronic nice guy. She takes her education seriously, but not too seriously.

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i saw her i just thought Ni/ixxp/Je (as opposed to Ji) features

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sounds more ISFj than anything else to me but there isn't a lot to go on.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp is a good bet too. Copied from socioniko.net: "Elegance is an every day thing with him, not something reserved for outings and special occasions. One can seldom see him in a non-aesthetic pose, his voice intonations are also refined, and movements are plastic and even rhythmic. In the light of the aforementioned two things are amazing: he does not care much for the elegance of others (his dual, The Commander, is emphatically non-demonstrative); chaos reins in his living quarters"

She is always very elegantly dressed with long earrings, however, she's complimented me many times on my dress, which I find odd because I only wear black button-up shirts with black or gray Dickies.

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, INFp sounds good. I thought possibly ISTp, but the emphasis on a plan for the future sounds Ni.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I know an ISTp (one of her roommates actually), and he's very much not like her.

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is she into intellectual pursuits (outside official education) or is she more into doing practical and concrete stuff on freetime (cooking, decorating, growing flowers, sensory pleasures, horse riding, sports, ...)? Is she sensitive to comments about her appearance or is she very comfortable and secure about her style? Does she naturally do Si stuff for other people? (like clean a spot of dirt from their shirt, make something to eat without people specifically asking for it, keeping food in the fridge fresh, keeping garbage can empty etc). Is she very sensitive to what she eats and what not? Is she a bit picky in taste for food and drink?

I was more into ISFp (or even ISFj) from the pics and original description but I'm not sure about it anymore. Could be INFp I guess. However INFps are way more into "intellectualism" and they have a bigger ego in those things than ISFps. INFps seem to pay more attention to "official" fashion and such and ISFps trust more on their own taste. ISFps are way more into doing Si stuff for their friends, doing practical stuff in general and don't really like to do intellectual stuff outside official education (except artistic stuff or reading "not too theoretical" books). INFps also seem to go a bit "overboard" with their aesthetics trying to always look very fashionable and "special" and being sensitive to criticism about their looks. Perhaps some INFps can take the opposite approach and try to look very bohemian and intellectual who doesn't follow fashions. INFps anyways try to make statements with dressing and makeup etc. ISFps generally dress how their own tastes suggest and are not that sensitive to mild criticism in these matters. ISFps are way more "down to earth" and practical in general. Also ISFps don't bump into things while walking INFps generally seem to eat very little (especially women) trying to remain very thin. ISFps can have problems resisting sensory pleasures like good food unless they have adopted somekind of "extreme fitness" approch to life where health is the center theme in their life.

Then ISFps often touch people they know. INFps not that much (except for hugging they tend to keep more physical distance to people). ISFp is way more likely to spontaneously touch their friend's cheek or chest for example than INFp. INFps just generally hug their friends but that's it. For INFp the next stage from hugging is f*cking ISFps have many different ways to be physical between those two.

This was quick analysis of ISFp vs INFp. Somewhat stereotypic but anyways. I didn't think about other types so far. I guess ISFj would be more like ISFp than INFp here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your very detailed response, XoX.

From what you said, she's definitely more ISFp than INFp, which is what I thought from the beginning. She doesn't seem very intellectual and I've noticed no ego pertaining to intellectualism, she does seem more prone to the Si traits you listed (she's cooked for me a couple times, she's not picky about food, but she only buys organic). She's definitely got her own style (I almost never see her wearing makeup), and takes compliments well. About being physical, she seems kinda awkward about it. When we're alone, she has no problem cuddling, or holding hands (she really likes to play with my hands), but when her friends are around she gets more distant. I don't know how to act, because she told me she doesn't want to get involved too quickly, but she's also "told" me (after knowing her for only 6 weeks) she wants to have sex with me; I guess I cant help being a stud

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, sorry for being a killjoy, but I think you should consider INFj.

About being physical, she seems kinda awkward about it. When we're alone, she has no problem cuddling, or holding hands (she really likes to play with my hands), but when her friends are around she gets more distant.
    That doesn't sound typically ISFp; more like INFj which fits, sort of, the rest of the description.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, thanks again everyone for your replies.

No matter her type, she's a woman, and I'm almost ready to concede to the practical impossibility of ever understanding them.

p.s. she shot me down

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj is possible yes. They have Si hidden agenda so it should show a bit. They are also a bit ackward physically. Then INTps and INFjs are known to get a long well (one of the better working benefactor relations). Just remember that she is not an extroverted aggressor and never will be Other than that you might fit well together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Other than that you might fit well together.
    Exactly my sentiments, however, she has "too much baggage that she doesn't want to drag me into" and is "bitter towards men".

I just love how women can completely change their mind about something at the drop of a hat!
    /sarcasm

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Uh, sorry for being a killjoy, but I think you should consider INFj.

About being physical, she seems kinda awkward about it. When we're alone, she has no problem cuddling, or holding hands (she really likes to play with my hands), but when her friends are around she gets more distant.
    That doesn't sound typically ISFp; more like INFj which fits, sort of, the rest of the description.
    It sounds ISFp (really shy ISFp) to me.

If in general she seems inattentive to / incompetent at Si-type matters of details, comfort, etc., then I would consider some other type.