Thread: Type this guy (off of quotes)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this guy (off of quotes)

"The main thing is that it's the way I can be with myself. It's the purest form of me being with myself and I haven't learned to be with myself, yet. At 28 years of age I still don't really know how to be with myself. Which is why -- and I think most of us do -- feel so alone."

"I never wash my hair. I do once every six months and I don't take very many showers. I'm happy with who I am and it took me a long time to realize that. I spent years trying to assimilate when my family moved from Puerto Rico to El Paso, Texas. I would shave my head or bleach my hair and dye it green, anything to look like the other kids. I didn't like anything about myself when I was younger. I went off and lived in a canyon for months. When I got out I realized that I'm proud of who I am. I'm not a musician. I'm just me."

"I need the dark things so I know what the light is."

(On George W.) "To us everything is so clear and obvious, if you cant make a decision based on what you're seeing on the screen, or the feeling you get when you look at this horrible person's face.... if Bush's very face doesnt make you want to vomit with repulsion....then we really have nothing to say."

"If life has taught me anything it's that, whatever your grandest fantasies are, if you go out and give them a try, the universe conspires to help you achieve them."

"If you're in a nine-to-five job then I would say the equivalent of doing drugs would be to give yourself spontaneity. Quit your job. Tell your boss to go fuck himself. Leave in the middle of your shift. Take your lover and leave town. Don't have a plan."

"I have an addictive personality. I still have this part of me that is constantly trying to fight me and run me into the ground. But that space has been filled now. Now I just work non-stop." (on replacing his drug habits with work ethic)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    perhaps EP
    Why an Extravert? According to these quotes, this guy has an intensive (what he called "addictive") focus, and he seems to be unsure of the way others view him and how to "fit in", and I'd say these suggest introversion.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp. Definitely not logical. Seems to be about following dreams and intuitions rather than facts. Also, everything you've quoted by him is vague, and dreamy.
    asd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    INFp. Definitely not logical. Seems to be about following dreams and intuitions rather than facts. Also, everything you've quoted by him is vague, and dreamy.
    Ditto. Sounds just like my INFp cousin's writing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this didn't work out too well. This guy is definately a logical type. According to him, he's "a producer, a movie director, and a music video director all rolled into one". He's been known to stand up to the record companies so he can write his own contracts. He started his band, and now has them practice 8-10 hours a day. Says they get up at 7:30 in the morning and spend almost the entire day rehearsing (and he fired his old drummer because he wouldn't get up in the morning to be with the rest of the band). His bandmates say that when he isn't practicing, he's ususally reading up on musical techniques or working in someway. And he also composes and directs all the music, for all instuments. All of this he explains in the last quote I gave, which says he has an "addicitve personality", which means that it's easy for him to get consumed in some activities and starts to take them to the extreme (which is why he said being constantly working substitues for his past drug use).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quotes are kind of misleading. Does he write like that all the time?

That said, if you're sure he's a logical type, ISTj is the only thing that makes any kind of sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess ISFp.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the quotes, I'd have said INFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can people point out what parts sound infp to them? I can only think of one of them that can be seen that way.

The guy is Omar. As I have said, he started his own band, in which he controls everything, and according to what the others in the band say, they never really know what 's happening, since he has them record their parts (which he writes) seperately, using a metronome. And at the same time, he is making a movie, does music videos, and co-owns an independant record label so he can put out any of his own "solo" work on there. I decided to start a thread about him since I admire his work-ethic and apparently good time managment skills.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I1iRxWq4tAc

He's the guy standing on the left in this interview (the guy on the right I've already had a thread on and suggested he was isfp).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He seems like a cool guy, my first thought was SLI.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this guy (off of quotes)

After watching the interview, INFp still looks right. Possibly INTj.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know what to say to that; he seems to be the opposite of infps in so many ways. As I said, can you point out something that made you think that?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    "The main thing is that it's the way I can be with myself. It's the purest form of me being with myself and I haven't learned to be with myself, yet. At 28 years of age I still don't really know how to be with myself. Which is why -- and I think most of us do -- feel so alone."
    Focusing on the abstract qualities of a person => NF.

"I never wash my hair. I do once every six months and I don't take very many showers. I'm happy with who I am and it took me a long time to realize that.
    Stereotypically intuitive, more likely introverted than extroverted.

I spent years trying to assimilate when my family moved from Puerto Rico to El Paso, Texas. I would shave my head or bleach my hair and dye it green, anything to look like the other kids.
    Fe > Fi.

I didn't like anything about myself when I was younger.
    Likely introverted. Focuses on the constant clash between internal and external values.

Intuitive crypticness.

(On George W.) "To us everything is so clear and obvious, if you cant make a decision based on what you're seeing on the screen, or the feeling you get when you look at this horrible person's face.... if Bush's very face doesnt make you want to vomit with repulsion....then we really have nothing to say."
    Yuck. Takes his politics very personally => Introverted Beta.

"If life has taught me anything it's that, whatever your grandest fantasies are, if you go out and give them a try, the universe conspires to help you achieve them."
    Rather romantic. Intuitive, low on Te. Ni > Ne.

"If you're in a nine-to-five job then I would say the equivalent of doing drugs would be to give yourself spontaneity. Quit your job. Tell your boss to go fuck himself. Leave in the middle of your shift. Take your lover and leave town. Don't have a plan."
    Irrational, superficially.

"I have an addictive personality. I still have this part of me that is constantly trying to fight me and run me into the ground. But that space has been filled now. Now I just work non-stop." (on replacing his drug habits with work ethic)
    This one...does not suggest INFp, exactly. I'm not sure it suggests anything. The "part of me" part maybe is introverted.

As for VI, he has kind of a dopey look that I associate with INFps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Focusing on the abstract qualities of a person => NF.
    That's actually a quote I related to. This is introversion. I have no idea what "being with myself" has to do with being NF.

"I never wash my hair. I do once every six months and I don't take very many showers. I'm happy with who I am and it took me a long time to realize that.
    Stereotypically intuitive, more likely introverted than extroverted.
    No, I think he explains this in the rest of the quote.

I spent years trying to assimilate when my family moved from Puerto Rico to El Paso, Texas. I would shave my head or bleach my hair and dye it green, anything to look like the other kids.
    Fe > Fi.
    I think this is also possibally Introversion or just weak Fe. He says he is unsure of the other people view him and how to fit it; it was an uncomfortable thing for him to deal with when he was younger; the *opposite* of Fe. exfjs are some of the easiest to "fit in".

I didn't like anything about myself when I was younger.
    Likely introverted. Focuses on the constant clash between internal and external values.
    OK

[quote
    Intuitive crypticness.[/quote]

I have no idea what this is related to, or even if it's related to anything, but it's something I agree with.

Yuck. Takes his politics very personally => Introverted Beta.
    Or maybe he just doesn't like Bush?

Rather romantic. Intuitive, low on Te. Ni > Ne.
    Yeah, this was the only quote by him that sounded kinda Ni-ish.

Irrational, superficially.
    Could be a lot of things.

This one...does not suggest INFp, exactly. I'm not sure it suggests anything. The "part of me" part maybe is introverted.
    This is whatever quality that has to do with taking things to the extreme, and looking at one thing a thousand times. Definately introversion, and another thing I relate to.

As for VI, he has kind of a dopey look that I associate with INFps.[/quote]
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, honestly the basis of my typing is rather thin. NiFe just seemed to be a quite consistent theme. The Beta vibe was not based so much on what he was saying, but the intensity with which he was expressing a political sentiment. Even if you can relate to the quotes, are they something you would have said? (I suppose any type might when in a contemplative mood.)