Thread: Fifth function denial

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fifth function denial

I think perhaps people lie to themselves about their 5th functions. They think they are awesome at it, but it's often quite the opposite. For instance, INTps think they are strong, persistent, and good-looking, INFjs think they are exceptionally intelligent, INTjs think they are emotional, compassionate, and moral, ENTps think they dress well and can beat any bodily misfortune (like illness or not eating), etc. I'm not sure about the ENTp one, but on a whole, I think this is something to consider.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fifth function denial

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    ENTps think they dress well and can beat any bodily misfortune (like illness or not eating), etc. I'm not sure about the ENTp one, but on a whole, I think this is something to consider.
    If I have ever felt that way, it was not a conscious decision. However, I do go without eating sometimes as an attempt to stay skinny, and I often ask others for advice on how to dress.

So, I am unsure how much truth that statement holds.

Default Re: Fifth function denial

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I think perhaps people lie to themselves about their 5th functions. They think they are awesome at it, but it's often quite the opposite. For instance, INTps think they are strong, persistent, and good-looking, INFjs think they are exceptionally intelligent, INTjs think they are emotional, compassionate, and moral, ENTps think they dress well and can beat any bodily misfortune (like illness or not eating), etc. I'm not sure about the ENTp one, but on a whole, I think this is something to consider.
    Cone! You bastard! I am good looking. But I do like to think that I am very strong and it often seems that I am not. Thanks for pointing that out. Okay Denial.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdfsdf
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTps think they dress well and can beat any bodily misfortune (like illness or not eating), etc. I'm not sure about the ENTp one, but on a whole, I think this is something to consider
    Yes ENTPs seem to mistake themselves as aesthetes. Not so...

Not that they are the worst dressers, they usually figure out what works and what doesnt, but they can be slow to catch on trends.

rMcNew, can you explain these eating habbits? I thought all ENTPs just forget to eat sometimes?

its that much about image for you guys?
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp's don't require food... duh!

We just feel that if our body doesn't complain then its ok (we scare it though so it won't complain)... however I think mine just gave up on me, and left the hunger management all to myself... hopefully my heart and lungs remain involuntary.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it is not so much that I forget to eat, it is that I often forget about what I ate and lose track of how much I am eating. Sometimes I will eat too much and and after I have realized this I would not eat for a whole day just to avoid getting fat from all the calorie intake, again!

I think ENTps can make good athletes if they are really really persistent, but are not natural athletes in my mind. I actually suck at most sports.

As far as clothing goes, I have no idea what is fashionable, and what is not. Just a few months ago I had somehow aquired the same style of haircut I had when it was a style in the mid 90s. I have absolutly no fashion sense, and I have to rely on other people's opinions on what looks good. So, as far as the trends go I have never managed to keep up with them and stay in style, atleast not without an insane amount of help.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

I think ENTps can make good athletes if they are really really persistent, but are not natural athletes in my mind. I actually suck at most sports.
    Sure they can!

Sports:

Rafael Palmeiro -ENTP
    Curt Schilling - ENTP
    Vince Carter - ENTP
    Jason Varitek - ENTP
    Kevin Millar - ENTP
    Mark Bellhorn - ENTP
    Tony Womack - ENTP
    Bill Mueller - ENTP
    Johnny Damon - ENTP
    Jim Edmonds - ENTP
    Trot Nixon - ENTP
    Keith Foulke - ENTP
    Mike Timlin – ENTP
    Terry Francona - ENTP
    Jason Giambi - ENTP
    Sean Casey - ENTP
    Willie Randolph- ENTP

^^ All of the above are Intuitive-logical Extraverts.

The thing is that they have to balance out their weaker points to become good athletes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When they are doing sports i bet they are thinking about their new rat powered engine idea, and hwo it relates to the ferris wheel... if this really isn't the matrix.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't really important, but what exactly might be your type, Megan?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I'm currently in type limbo but I'm still leaning slightly towards INTj. Assuming I'm INTj, my fifth function would be . Yet I've never claimed to have a strong , in fact I've always considered my to be weak.

If I'm ISTp, then my fifth function is . It's possible I could be fooling myself into thinking I have strong .

Laura
    In type limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    Yes I think people exaggerate their abilities in the 5th until they need more of it, and their base is handicapped by the deficiency.

So an INTp wouldn't doubt their strength of will until their inaction lead to an unforeseen problem
    ENTps wouldn't doubt their health and comfort until the neglect of it lead to missed opportunities
    ISFps wouldn't doubt their ability to detect new opportunities until they were so bored and uninspired that it caused physical stress
    ESTjs wouldn't doubt their ability to maintain relationships until their poor relationships affected their productivity
    ENFjs wouldn't doubt the clarity of their thinking until their confusion lead to inappropriate emotional expressions
    etc
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 04-04-2014 at 04:42 PM.