View Poll Results: Avril Lavigne's type?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 11.76%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 5.88%
  • ESE (ESFj)

1 5.88%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 11.76%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 5.88%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 5.88%
  • SEE (ESFp)

3 17.65%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

3 17.65%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

2 11.76%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 5.88%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avril Lavigne

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Avril Lavigne

I just saw her new film clip. "girlfriend". She jumps out at me as an ENFp. She dresses randomly like i have noticed some IEE chicks do.

Her Film clip seemed like a wholesome girl trying to act too cool lol. Punching in the air etc. I think ENFp girls are cute tho

quotes - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...l_lavigne.html
    http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1245099/quo..._=m_nm_trv_trv

Last edited by silke; 12-20-2019 at 11:48 PM. Reason: updated links
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Avril Lavigne

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I just saw her new film clip. "girlfriend". She jumps out at me as an ENFp. She dresses randomly like i have noticed some IEE chicks do.

Her Film clip seemed like a wholesome girl trying to act too cool lol. Punching in the air etc. I think ENFp girls are cute tho
    she seemed more ESFj to me... she seems too excessive and rigid to be Np

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah u could be right im very unfamilar with ESFj's. I dont care enough about her to investigate
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find any clips of the weird al interview with her.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kwjw4DCxP9s[/youtube]
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having watched that girlfriend video... omg that's horrible.

Fe > Fi and maybe even Se > Si
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially after that interview I dont think she is ENFP. The Girlfriend video was funny. I found myself wanting the red head to kick the crap out of the brunette though

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was that guy I'd take out a restraining order and have the psycho bitch arrested when she broke it. And if she ever touched me I'd sue her ass.

If I was his girlfriend I would leave him and then take out a restraining order against both of them... and then if they broke it, have the asshole and psycho bitch arrested... and sue them if they were stupid enough to give me the opportunity.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    If I was that guy I'd take out a restraining order and have the psycho bitch arrested when she broke it. And if she ever touched me I'd sue her ass.

If I was his girlfriend I would leave him and then take out a restraining order against both of them... and then if they broke it, have the asshole and psycho bitch arrested... and sue them if they were stupid enough to give me the opportunity.
    Sooooooo dramatic!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't watched the videos yet so this is not my own opinion but I have seen her typed as ESTj before

So now we have ENFp, ESFj and ESTj

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh. that was awful. She looks stupid.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy

Sooooooo dramatic!
    What would you do if another guy treated you that way (including the use of physical force) to try to get with your girlfriend, and your girlfriend just enjoyed the attention and didn't tell him to go fuck himself?
    SEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i do agree with the more feisty part, and the lyrics didn't seem to ENFp. She still actually reminds me of my friends sister. Those clothes shes often wearing.. hmm. very interesting

I was thinking perhaps the feistyness was her role function it didn't seem that convincing to me. she probablly didn't even write the lyrics. :wink:
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Beyonce getting Irreplacable from Neo?
    FiNe ftw

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj, imo.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I was going to disagree completely with ENFj... but now that I think about it, it does make sense.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's letting her image become more pop...because she hasn't been that popular in a few years.

not Ep or Ip...I actually had "ESTj" grained into my head. if you go by that video you'd come up with ENFj, but what about her older ones..and interviews, and the way she acts when not performing. she used to run around with people like paris hilton i believe, but give everyone the middle finger in an obnoxious way.

i kind of like the song...its just simple and fun. don't like the message of course

oh, and i'd probably tell the guy "If you're interested in her, peace! Don't mess with me then, that's just mean!"
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I thought she was INFj when i considered her a long time ago. I dont really know much about her so maybe I could consider ENFj. I just know she came off as INFj in an Oprah interview.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she not f

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you guys notice the similarities with our own gorgeous resident ESTP, Herzy?

Avra is ESTP IMO.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i just watched this one

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gylaC_L8_r4&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

She seemed to be really struggling to talk about herself.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting that you like Avril, because I've always thought of her as ISTp (yay for subconsciously sniffing out your duals!) Here are a few of her famous quotes:

"I liked being a minor because you can't get into trouble. Now I just have to try and behave myself."

"To understand me, you have to meet me and be around me. And then only if I'm in a good mood - don't meet me in a bad mood."

[After being asked if she's into the Hollywood Club scene] "I'm not very scene-y. I don't really like the kind of people in L.A. anyway. Everyone is so pretentious and so caught up in what everybody thinks. I'm just a chill person."

"Everything I know I could never have learned on a chalkboard"

"Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be."

She's got that down-to-earth, rebellious, free-spirited, tough-girl thing going on. She doesn't seem image-obsessed, despite the fact that she's a celebrity, and doesn't beat around the bush when expressing her opinions. And she's definitely an introvert - you can tell because she doesn't make eye-contact, doesn't seem to like small talk, and doesn't like people bossing her around. I say ISTp all the way.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with uninspired. She doesn't seem ethical or intuitive at all. Delta ST.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    And she's definitely an introvert - you can tell because she doesn't make eye-contact, doesn't seem to like small talk, and doesn't like people bossing her around.
    That is no evidence for her being a Socionics introvert; it means low focus on and . That would not rule out ENTj, for instance (in isolation).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is no evidence for her being a Socionics introvert; it means low focus on Extraverted Sensing and Extraverted Feeling . That would not rule out ENTj, for instance (in isolation).
    You're right. What I should have said was, "she's definitely ISTp - she doesn't make eye contact, doesn't like small talk, and doesn't like being bossed around."
    Those aren't necessarily introvert traits, but certainly ISTp traits.
    Also, I wasn't looking at her from a purely functional perspective; I was looking at her personality as a whole and comparing it to generally agreed upon Socionics type descriptions. For example, Reuben describes ISTps using the following characteristics:
    soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; (emotionally) cool

From this interview and the Charlotte Church interview, as well as many of her other public appearances, I found this description to be infinitely more appropriate than any other.

As for ENTj descriptions:
    unbridled optimism; like movement; energetic; opportunistic; like to test limits

Unbridled optimism? Energetic? Avril Lavigne? I can't see it. She's very low-key (unless someone provokes or engages her).
    I do agree about the - she's very action-oriented and focused on the external world - which might be where the impression of ENTj comes from, but I see absolutely no in her - she's very concrete in her expressions and seems to avoid any kind of abstract thought ("everything i know i never could have learned on a chalkboard"). As for , she seems intensely attuned to her physical surroundings and their impact upon her physical state. Unlike ENTjs & ESTps, she doesn't seem to be directing her sensing function towards other people.
    And practically speaking, the girl is quiet and reclusive, so I really can't fathom her being an extrovert. Yeah, extroverts and introverts can be one or the other in certain ways, but there's definitely a general style of interaction that one group prefers over the other.
    In essence, I think the ISTp description best reflects what I've seen of her. But then again, she'd probably kick my ass for presuming to know what she's really like ('cause I really don't).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, I wasn't making a case for her as ENTj; I was just pointing out that that wasn't an argument for introvert. A general, theoretical point, not a Avril-Lavigne-specific point.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I misunderstood you there .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Avril Lavigne

I bet for ESI. And you ?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beta NF
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*entra al topic*

*vomita*

*se va*

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's hot.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks like a cross between Meg Ryan and Nicole Kidman.
    SEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst form of a human being imaginable. Come to think of it, no one on this planet has the ability to annoy me more than her.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahaha. she's gotten better.
    i just hate how conventionally counter culture she is.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's so repulsive. I have to state that again. I don't know how anyone could find her personality appealing..so loud and obnoxious and immature. Visually she's nice looking but the moment she opens her mouth i want to smash her face in.

okay, i'm done.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't really know. I was just commenting on her appearance. That girlfriend song is one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard though.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only interview of her I've seen that I've liked at all:

http://www.jibjab.com/view/210143

start watching at 6:40 or so

She does seem like someone who would annoy me a lot irl in the other interviews.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like her music, but i actually like her. haha.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She sort of seems to show a disregard for Ti? Or is it just weak? She seems to have weak Te as well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AM8Xstz0pTo

She says she's shy, but I dunno. If I had to pick a quadra for her I'd say Beta, though I wouldn't know what type to suggest.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a great accent on that guy.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast