Thread: Help typing a friend at work

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help typing a friend at work.

I would like to type a coworker. I had been attracted to her before she was hired, because we were given her resume to review before she came in. She had a very diverse background, went to good schools, and was taking an esoteric subject, some specialty of theatre, hoping to work in archives as a researcher for play directors. When she was hired I was more smitten by her because she has a very contagious laugh. It appears as if her whole body is shaking when she laughs even a little. I noticed we also laughed at the same things in meetings, things I think are Ne related like playing out alternate (funny) scenarios and possibly Ti related like irony and thinking it's funny.

So I thought she might be an Si type because of our interactions and because I feel that we get along better than I do with my other coworkers. I feel with my other coworkers I really feel that alternate interpretations of things are not received well and I feel very repressed. If I ever feel that way with the new coworker, it's much much less than with the other coworkers. There are some times when she might be taken aback by some of my questions and ask, "why do you want to know that" or something like that. So I think that there might be a Te/Ti clash or an Ne/Se clash depending on what humor is being shared between us.

She is very slim, but eats a lot. She is not very physically active, but likes to take a lot of trips. She is sociable, but shy. Recently she found out that a coworker had told another coworker about something she had asked not to be repeated, and was shocked, saying "I felt betrayed. I am usually too honest and now I know better." She appears very shy but she laughs extremely readily-- but not all the time. When she is sitting down she can't just look straight ahead, her eyes dart about and she seems like she cannot maintain eye contact for a long time with anyone. If it's just me and her together, she can maintain the gaze longer but I still find myself looking away too because I mirror people's behavior in order to make them feel more comfortable.. So I think she must still do it a lot when just with one person she (presumably) likes. She has simple, utilitarian taste in clothing, and I see her wearing the same clothes a lot (rotated over a week, not on consecutive days). Once we went shopping for a bag for me and she commented authoritatively that the one I had picked looked good, with a serious tone, which reminded me of my Si friends and not my Se or Ne friends. Recently I have seen a distaste in unfinished, messy things, like a pile of files on her desk, or things that could have been done a long time ago that she now has to deal with. It causes her stress. She has complained that many things are uncertain and that stresses her. I have seen her outside of work a few times and often feel prompted to set schedules like times and places to meet, I don't know if that says something about her rather than me. Yes, if we have miscommunication or some discomfort on my part, it's when she asks "why would you need that information, or why would you want that".

So for a while I thought she was ISTp Si sub but more recently now that I see the kinds of things that are stressing her..and upsetting her, I was thinking she might be ISTj. I was also recently considering ISFp.. But I think she is a T type.. Can't explain just now why.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i read my description and she sounds ISFp. However i would appreciate some help discounting ISTj or ISTp. She strikes me as T.

Also, I feel that an ISFp wouldn't worry so much about whether privacy can be kept-- ime they have no problem getting over something like that. ISTps are much more concerned about that imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is she a lot like Kirsten Dunst? Almost every one of your descriptions applies to my mother (Alpha SF) -- spilling too many secrets unnecessarily, defensiveness over private questions, readiness to laugh, and distaste in messiness.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    actually i read my description and she sounds ISFp. However i would appreciate some help discounting ISTj or ISTp. She strikes me as T.

Also, I feel that an ISFp wouldn't worry so much about whether privacy can be kept-- ime they have no problem getting over something like that. ISTps are much more concerned about that imo.
    I don't think she's an ISTj. An ISTj is not likely to make a "shy" impression on an INTj.

I think she's a Fi IJ, ISFj or INFj ethical subtype, a few things suggest ISFj and others, INFj. I am slightly more inclined to INFj.

If I am right, what you saw as "T" is actually the Fi>Fe preference added by Ti role.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!