Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Integral Types of Countries/Nations

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But that's not what I meant at all. I exclusively meant that that guy & girl I posted are examples of ESTp-INFp GIVEN their ethnicity, not that their ethnicity well-represents those types.
    That's what I meant as well, we have no disagreement here. I personally believe there is not much difference between ethic representatives of the same type. But perhaps this only means you and I look at different things when focussing on people's types.

Take , for example, the pic Slater posted in reply to yours. Now that is what I consider an IEI, although at the 'harder' end of the the IEI spectrum in terms of softness vibe. The woman in the pic you posted, to me is outside that spectrum, but she is, to me, on the softer end of the EIE spectrum.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    That's what I meant as well, we have no disagreement here. I personally believe there is not much difference between ethic representatives of the same type. But perhaps this only means you and I look at different things when focussing on people's types.

Take , for example, the pic Slater posted in reply to yours. Now that is what I consider an IEI, although at the 'harder' end of the the IEI spectrum in terms of softness vibe. The woman in the pic you posted, to me is outside that spectrum, but she is, to me, on the softer end of the EIE spectrum.
    African-American ISTj

European ISTj

American ESTp

Klingon ESTp

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm presuming the Hollanders are have high brows.

afaik this is where definition of "high brow" and "low brow" comes from, apparently non-germanic people have lower brows, also non-germanic peoples are associated with being less intelligent or capable according to aspects of Nordic thought and such.

Anyway, random piece of information, whether it is useful or not.
    Clement Greenberg sounds like a germanic name to me. Personally I'm not a big fan of the modernists elitism.
    IEE-Ne

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course I am

The Netherlands, with their calvinist approach to things, is delta indeed. More in particular, one could say SLI (as in 'going Dutch'), and this to some extent still applies to th rural parts of out country. Of course, in cities like Amsterdam, IEE attitudes rule. Gay marriage, Red Light District, Weed and hasish rich in THC at every street corner, we've got it all! And lets not forget the ridiculous number of bicycles (=Si). IEE women in Volendam costume are so sexy!

PS. Brabant, the region where Jarno is from (I myself am from Holland proper) is more alpha, I believe more SEI.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    European ISTj

You're such a dumbass.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you have it: a problem is not a problem until someone sees it as a problem. Other countries could learn a lot from us
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you have it: a problem is not a problem until someone sees it as a problem. Other countries could learn a lot from us

indeed.
    IEE-Ne

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With regards to the topic on "Types of Country":

U.S.: Te-ESTj
    Japan: An Alpha type which attempts to be a Delta type
    China: Se-ISTj
    Singapore: Ti-ISTj
    Korea: Delta
    Australia: ENFp
    New Zealand: ISTp
    Philippines: ESFj

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This site seems to agree with a lot of what people are saying here. I find it fascinating.

Introduction into Socionics

"Macrotypes (Ethnic Unities)
    Do socionic types describe only people, or also greater entities?

Starting from the XIX century, many historians wrote about “ethnic types”, about “national characters”. Under these “national characters” we mean traits cultivated in any particular nation for a very long historical period of many centuries; these traits allow distinguishing “our people” from “not our people”.

Lev Gumilev, a Russian historian, created a very detailed theory of birth, development and death of ethnic entities, whose existence, according to him, lasts for approximately 1000 – 1500 years. Thus, Italians represent a DIFFERENT ethnic entity than ancient Romans; Germans and Austrians represent DIFFERENT ethnic entities, even in spite of the common language; at the same time, Jews, even speaking various languages, represented ONE ethnic entity until recently; however, the Jewish nation in Israel has slightly different values and principles than the Jewish community in Europe and USA. The things that makes people one ethnic entity is often called “national character”.

Can this “national character” be described in terms of socionics? We have too little time to describe the details; let us just present preliminary conclusions (according to Victor Gulenko, Alexander Boukalov and our own ideas).
    Americans: logical-intuitive extravert [ENTj]

Armenians: ethical-sensory extravert [ESFj]

Arabs: ethical-intuitive extravert [ENFj]

Argentina: ethical-sensory extravert [ESFj]

Australians: sensory-logical introvert [ISTp]

Azeri: sensory-ethical introvert [ISFp]

Belarussians: ethical-intuitive introvert [INFj]

Brazilians: sensory-ethical ...vert [XSFp]

Bulgarians: sensory-ethical introvert? [ISFp]

Canadians: logical (or ethical?)-intuitive introvert [INXj]

Chechens: sensory-logical extravert [ESTp]

Czekh: logical-intuitive introvert [INTj]

Chinese: logical-sensory introvert??? [ISTj]

Danish: ethical-sensory introvert? [ISFj]

English: logical-sensory extravert [ESTj]

Finns: sensory-logical introvert [ISTp]

French: ethical-sensory extravert [ESFj]

Georgians (Caucasus, not USA!): sensory-ethical extravert [ESFp]

Germans: logical-sensory introvert [ISTj]

Indians (Hindu, not American!): intuitive-ethical introvert? [INFp]

Irish: intuitive-ethical introvert ? [INFp]

Italians: sensory-ethical extravert [ESFp]

Jews (Europe, USA): intuitive-logical extravert [ENTp]

Jews (Israel): intuitive-ethical extravert [ENFp]

Koreans: ethical-sensory introvert? [ISFj]

Mexicans: intuitive-ethical introvert? [INFp]

Norwegians: logical-intuitive extravert [ENTj]

Poles: ethical-intuitive extravert [ENFj]

Portuguese: sensory-ethical introvert? [ISFp]

Romanians: intuitive-ethical extravert? [ENFp]

Russians: intuitive-ethical introvert [INFp]

Serbians: sensory-logical extravert [ESTp]

Spanish: intuitive-ethical extravert [ENFp]

Swedes: logical-intuitive introvert [INTj]

Swiss: ethical-sensory introvert [ISFj]

Turks: sensory-logical extravert [ESTp]

Ukrainians: ethical-sensory introvert
    [ISFj]

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Roman Empire Ti-ESTp
    After some lectures about the ancient romans, I get a Gamma vibe. They invaded countries with their full power and showed their whole strength (Se maybe). But once their enemies surrendered, they immediately drew back, and started to cooperate with those who capitulated, unlike the 'beta' Nazis. They demonstrated also much Se, but they continued after they won and left scorched earth where they fought. They weren't even interested in any cooperation, the Nazis just wanted to conquer the area. The roman way of conquering (which was also brutal of course) appears rather like a 'hostile takeover' to me as we know it from the economical term.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    After some lectures about the ancient romans, I get a Gamma vibe. They invaded countries with their full power and showed their whole strength (Se maybe). But once their enemies surrendered, they immediately drew back, and started to cooperate with those who capitulated, unlike the 'beta' Nazis. They demonstrated also much Se, but they continued after they won and left scorched earth where they fought. They weren't even interested in any cooperation, the Nazis just wanted to conquer the area. The roman way of conquering (which was also brutal of course) appears rather like a 'hostile takeover' to me as we know it from the economical term.
    Makes sense. Julius Caesar is reputed to have been an SEE, which makes sense, as I've noticed a trend of great leaders being in the same Quadra as their country (****** being EIE, the dual of LSI Germany, for example).
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Julius Caesar is reputed to have been an SEE, which makes sense, as I've noticed a trend of great leaders being in the same Quadra as their country (****** being EIE, the dual of LSI Germany, for example).
    Yes, exactly. He's even one of the paragon SEEs in some russian sources. I wouldn't say the people of the roman empire were ILI (since I guess there is no state/nation on earth which could be called that) but why not something like ESI?
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exactly. He's even one of the paragon SEEs in some russian sources. I wouldn't say the people of the roman empire were ILI (since I guess there is no state/nation on earth which could be called that) but why not something like ESI?
    I would've guessed LIE, but it sounds like you've studied the subject more than I.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Mega, but...what does it mean? The "people of the roman empire" were mostly poor peasants, at least in its italian part (less so in greece and ex-magna-grecia). I don't think it's easy to determine their emergent sociotype in a bottom-up way. However, I agree with this:

Obviously, I always thought the roman empire's expansion strategy was the best among the available choices, but I can't say I'm not biased

I would've guessed LIE, but it sounds like you've studied the subject more than I.
    Caesar Augustus was LIE, Julius Caesar SEE. Scattered all around the website, you can find some good posts by Expat where he analyzes thoroughly these typings.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    Haha, not necessarily. I just got to know the roman empire a bit and the way they conquer. This attitude is different from the most other conquering nations. While others want to destroy the enemy completely, it's enough for them to crush their will/resistance and then let them become a part of the empire. Btw: Machiavelli and his books are also very Gamma in my opinion.

Sorry Mega, but...what does it mean? The "people of the roman empire" were mostly poor peasants, at least in its italian part (less so in greece and ex-magna-grecia). I don't think it's easy to determine their emergent sociotype in a bottom-up way.
    I actually think typing the people nation is fun, but not too useful at all. However, you get a kind of sterotype by that. I just wanted to suggest a type in the Gamma quadra since Krig said great leaders are often in the same quadra as their people. In fact, I can only guess. I know almost nothing about the citizens of the roman empire because history focuses on their administration, archtitecture and military.
    Last edited by Pa3s; 12-03-2010 at 01:26 PM.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-Korpsey

[provide unverifiable opinion, pat self on back]

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USA- LSE-Te, 3w4 so/sp (ESTJ)
    UK - LIE-Ni, 8w9 sp/so (INTJ)
    Japan- ESI-Fi, 3w2 so/sp (INTJ)
    Canada- EII-Ne, 6w7 so/sx (INFP)
    Italy- ESE-Si, 7w6 sp/sx (ENTP)
    Spain- ESE-Fe, 7w8 sx/sp (ESTP)
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Spain- ESE-Fe, 7w8 sx/sp (ESTP)
    Spain is a gamma SEE-Se nation. Even if I acknowledge ESE Fe is a very common type in the South, the obssession for religion, the way people despise science, the fact that very few people read books (and, those who do so usually read novels), etc etc make me conclude that SEE is the type which represents Spain. And, on the whole, SEE is the most common type around here.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...m-ideas-3.html
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, SEE-Se 6w7 makes sense for Spain.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Integral Type of Japan

I was reading http://www.socioniko.net/en/articles/lytovs-intro3.html and realized they don't have Japan; I decided to figure out Japan's macro type.

There could be a lot of arguing over how they are punctual and orderly but secretly have a lot of undisclosed emotions etc. (Pulling this from a general tongue in cheek description of the type I think they are). So I opted to figure out what they are based on their relationships with other nations an line that up with reasoning that fits not for scientific, but rather layman's reasoning.

The survey asked who they (Japanese) would like to date, from foreign nations, numbers look something like this:

1. USA – 4,194

2. Italy – 3743

3. UK – 3,467

4. France – 3,249

5. Korea – 2,706

6. Spain – 1,535

7. Russia – 1,256

8. Germany – 1,195

9. Brazil – 396

10. China – 296

WARNING: Non English site. If you are paranoid don't go.
    http://cache001.ranking.goo.ne.jp/cr...ROSXsBwdk_all/

So I typed them as ISFjs. Cross referencing Gulenko's macro types we get the following relationships with ESI.

1. USA - (LIE): Duality

2. Italy – (SEE): Mirror

3. UK – (LSE): Semi Duality

4. France – (ESE): Contrasting

5. Korea – (ESI): Identity

6. Spain – (IEE): Supervisor

7. Russia – (IEI): Beneficiary

8. Germany – (LSI): Look Alike

9. Brazil – (SEx): Quasi/Mirror

10. China – (LSI): Look Alike

I simply matched the first to be the duality and let it unfold; turned out to be very fitting across the board. Though Mirror relationships are rather low ranked they are still in the same quadra and would therefore bear a curiosity; hence Italy's ranking. The rest were popular countries and lined up nicely. There is a sharp decline for Supervisor/Beneficiary (Half that of Identical Korea). Japan has had somewhat of a negative history with Germany, what with a world war leading to atomic surrender etc. Brazil and China are the largest sources of immigrant workers in Japan.

It seems the US and Japan have had a duality relationship for decades already and nobody is the wiser. It's face-palmingly obvious once you think about it. Japan has an air of honor, respect for traditions, conservative immigration policy, everyone looks like they spend an hour on their looks, proper service. America is accepting to new ideas and ventures and won Japan over through innovation, competition and productivity. Literally sweeping them off the ground into a sort of forced relationship.

Furthermore on the very front page of http://www.najc.ca/, Japanese/Canadian website it shows statistics about how Japanese intermarriage in Canada are among the highest of all Asian groups. CBC Radio also does occasional world pieces about this trend in both Canada and America. Their macro-types affect down to the base levels of society.

Remember: Japan has been for 60 years and is now, OCCUPIED by the US. They do not have their own military, their military is America's. The fact that such an occupation has had no problems, past or foreseeable, is outstanding. By contrast Canada's French wanted to separate from the rest of the English, and consider all of the former Soviet nations demanding independence.

Expanding this idea Britain as an ESTj, Canada an INFj, you can create an analogy of the world. Old Grandma Britain (Long live the Queen) has a very friendly duality relationship with one of her sons, Canada; kind of quiet and but very loyal who still drops by her house and makes sure she's alright. While the other son is a bit more of a go getter and decided to strike out on his own, has occasional arguments about doing what is conservative vs doing what is enterprising. The two brothers share a semi-dual relationship and get along swell. They join forces beat up the vandals savaging their mother's neighborhood (Europe). The one brother (America) saw that one of the girls in the gangs was not from the neighborhood, rather exotic and probably just misguided; broke her spirits and took her as a girlfriend. We end up seeing a sort ESTj-INFj ENTj-ISFj health club going on. Only a passing knowledge of history reveals how Britain has had nothing but problems from Europe, and I would wager my money on them eventually leaving the EU for a western union.

Buck up Gamma Delta Js. You embody 4 of the most powerful nations on earth, and potentially the "Western" empire.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it looks like a generic list of well-known, prestigious nations roughly ranked by economic prosperity.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so they're gamma introverts?

oh and THANK YOU FOR TYPING MY NATION AS HAVING NO LOGIC
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-modern Japan can be seen as stereotypically Delta rational I guess, particularly during the 200+ year Tokugawa/Edo period. For Modern Japan though, I may lean towards Alpha NT that still self-types as Delta NF (Eunice suggested this, and I think it works). Lots of Japanese people like to consider themselves to be emotionally restrained and overly polite (which they tend to be on average), but a part of that feels more like an external image or definition that they feel obligated to uphold; it's like they're trying to wear a mask of what they think Fi is but it's all done in a Merry sort of fashion.

The Japanese culture as a whole seems a lot more obviously E6 to me. A lot of how the Japanese people interact with others is based in a "what did he really mean" mentality, meaning that there's a lot of digging for subsurface character in people, trying to parse the other person's true intentions from their slight and subtle actions.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    A lot of how the Japanese people interact with others is based in a "what did he really mean" mentality, meaning that there's a lot of digging for subsurface character in people, trying to parse the other person's true intentions from their slight and subtle actions.
    There are some aspects about Japanese culture that sound really appealing but I've heard this and it sounds complicated and annoying. How did you adjust/deal with it while you were over there?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say a lot of countries have taken their stupid pills lately.
    But then again, being a type with strong T doesn't mean you aren't stupid, as we all know. . .
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Japan is colloquially known by a lot of Americans, and a particular Australian based critic, to be "Xenophobic dicks." Gamma SFs have that sort of "Us Vs Them" mentality. Quadra "verts" are hardly a fair comparison having only their "vertness" in common. The Logic arguement is really very immature, not being a T type does not exclude you from having any thinking at all. It simply means they are on the relational aspect of reality instead of the business aspect. They have the latter in abundance not because it is standalone but because is it properly counterbalanced by the former. I also didn't type Italy, the leading researcher in the field of Socionics, in one of the world's only established socionics research institutes did.

Commercial commenting on Japan: "Japan, a land of honor, a land of ritual, a land of sense, the only thing that doesn't make is their Television, *Rock Montage* Crazy Japanese everything*" Top Gear did a show in Japan and their behaviour is exactly what you would expect from a semi-duality relationship. How can a country full of so much BS still make pretense in all of their rituals. This is a prime example of ISFj.

it looks like a generic list of well-known, prestigious nations roughly ranked by economic prosperity.
    That's exactly what it is. The peculiarity is the alignment of favouring. The US is ranked at the top (Duality), followed closely by Britain (Semi Dual) and finished off with Germany, China (Look alike, Quasi, Mirror)etc. Which aligns with typically accepted relationship ranking. (According to Socioniko table and matching various other calculations)

Consider also the distinct divide between US and Japan. From reading an article about "Herbivorous Males" (Google it) it spoke about how for a long time males in Japan were spoon fed relationships with co-workers, wives, family etc. This sounds exactly like an ENTj life support system. Everything a businessman needs was systematically provided by an ISFj system. Business thrives, technology booms.

The US is an E3, probably 3w4 with elements of 1 slowly shifting to elements of 7 over the last century. Its a dog eat dog world. Make it on business ethics, networking, profit, motivation. All of our relational needs (Fi needs) take the form of business. Self-help books, self-help seminars, self-improvement, pills, prescriptions, faceless X in organization Y, sheeple, bottom line, conglomerates, Fox news. You have a non-business need, there's a business for that. You need to make friends, Facebook; you need to lose weight, Jenny Craig; you need to do X, there's an app for that. The true embodiment of American ISFj-business is the 4/5 star hotel system. Everything you could possibly need, if the price is right. Mercenaries: Violence for profit, the two hallmarks of western society. Land of Opportunity; clean slate. You are defined by what you do and can do, not who you were. Originally built on ideals, conservative principles, founding fathers (E1) and now moving onto everything all at once, melting pot, everyone gets a chance, just try do it (E7). Not to say that opportunity is a bad thing, but that moving towards co-operations (E6) is better than inventing something to get ahead of the pack and stay ahead of the crash (E7).

Japan would naturally disintegrate into being overly business oriented (E6 to 3), while the US would shift in the reverse (E3 to 6). This feeds into their darkest historical times (disclaimer I only know a passing layman's knowledge of Japanese history so don't get upset) in the pre-WWII era where they decided to become expansionary. This was Japan's genocidal era, where they were disintegrating into E3, trying to prove themselves. Typically it was always like that, when they became achievement oriented instead of peace oriented they suffered setbacks, with the reverse being true. This accounts for Japan's explosion in the technological sector ever since US occupation. By accepting a partnership and having their E3 abilities blocked off (or accomplished) by a forced E3, they had only one place to move, to E9. Paraphrasing random Japanese pundit sources, once they became the embodiment of greed (back to 3) they suffered decline. Granted the recent disaster, its a natural disaster but the coincidence is staggering. After this "humbling" (a resetting back to 9) with the condition that they accept foreign aid (healthy 6 attitude) they will rebuild very quickly only to repeat the cycle.

I guess my point is that everyone has a point, and all of them are valid, and they all fit without any contradiction. It would not be a stretch to say that America probably has the lowest approval rating with a lot of countries, but for Japan it's still on top. In Canada everywhere outside of Toronto the US has huge approval ratings. While in Britain, their house is in Europe but their hearts and minds are in the west.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. That's fascinating. I especially like the parallel with Britain and Canada. You've convinced me, Morbid.
    Quaero Veritas.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    There are some aspects about Japanese culture that sound really appealing but I've heard this and it sounds complicated and annoying. How did you adjust/deal with it while you were over there?
    I think if you're just sympathetic and demonstrate concern in regard to how you act towards other people/how you come across to others, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-modern Japan can be seen as stereotypically Delta rational I guess, particularly during the 200+ year Tokugawa/Edo period. For Modern Japan though, I may lean towards Alpha NT that still self-types as Delta NF (Eunice suggested this, and I think it works). Lots of Japanese people like to consider themselves to be emotionally restrained and overly polite (which they tend to be on average), but a part of that feels more like an external image or definition that they feel obligated to uphold; it's like they're trying to wear a mask of what they think Fi is but it's all done in a Merry sort of fashion.

The Japanese culture as a whole seems a lot more obviously E6 to me. A lot of how the Japanese people interact with others is based in a "what did he really mean" mentality, meaning that there's a lot of digging for subsurface character in people, trying to parse the other person's true intentions from their slight and subtle actions.
    Interesting stuff there.

..so give me your wallet and.. eSDe's Avatar
    TIM
    LIE, 6w5, soc/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muahahahahaha.
    Themes: Satisfied the work process.
    Main goal: Achieving the required result.
    Methods: Any, effective.

Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eSDe View Post
    Muahahahahaha.
    hi

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Galen is resident Japanese expert. All heed the weeaboo on this important topic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard of research surveys that would suggest that Japanese individuals often consider themselves to have an entirely different sense of themselves depending on their social context (such as who they are with or what they are doing), as opposed to a Western individual's tendency to consider him or herself unchanging regardless of context. Have you observed this at all?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Sweden Fe-ESE?

OLIVIA SAYS SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yeah, ESE is good
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like you're stupid

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE and confirm.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast