Thread: A Sophisticated Test

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A Sophisticated Test

PERSONALITY TEST

Below are 8 personality trait descriptions, numbered 1-8, followed by questions.

Sorry for the poor English.

You volitional, decisive, are possible even authoritative man. Of you are characteristic absolute confidence in itself and their forces, complete absence of doubts, uncertainty, fluctuations. You are capable of exerting pressure on the people and of resisting strange pressure, if it is required, to give rigid rebuff. You possess the organizational abilities (with the pleasure you give out to others of commission), you always attempt to be leader, can govern people, their narrative after yourselves. You know how to recognize the volitional qualities of other people. If situation requires, can show volitional pressure, order. For you are important authority, the glory, authority, money. Of you are characteristic energetic nature, resoluteness, ability to mobilize at the necessary moment. You frequently manifest stormy activity, in everything interfering. View in you is sharp, is fixed, is heavy, (as feeling, that evaluates the arrangement of forces). You know how to rigidly defend your material interests (its you will not return). Well you examine material values, you know how to estimate the quality of things, they are interested to the beautiful and high-quality things. You approach high position in society and material abundance.

You draws entire new, uncommon, not known. Entire your life passes to pursuit of new possibilities, promising undertakings, grand projects. In you are strong cognitive interests, intellectual curiosity. You have a creative turn of mind. You adore to solve the uncommon and complex problems (frequently originally). You prefer to be occupied by the fact that it is interesting, but facts that it is profitable. You do not love to rummage in the trifles and the details, in you global approach to the solution of problems. You possess gift to examine potential possibilities and abilities of people (sometimes navskidku can determine, to that the men it is capable, what he has possibilities that it is possible from it to expect), they are capable of seeing the prospects for one or other project or another (that this it will leave). Frequently you dream about the future, about the prospect. Dull and monotonous work suppresses you, cannot be occupied for a long time by one and the same matter, you frequently change enthusiasm. You do not love to be occupied by everyday problems. New impressions are constantly necessary to you. In the head in you always many different ideas. You completely could be inventor, innovator, generator of nonstandard ideas. You know how to improvise, to act in the dependence on the situation, it is nonstandard.

You have the increased thrust to the practical activity. You wonderfully could appear yourselves in the production sphere, where organizational abilities and practical grasp be required. You have a tendency toward the occupation by business and by enterprise. You possess commercial vein, you manifest the increased physical activity and fitness for work; of you they are characteristic the skill "to be twisted", to earn money. About you it would be possible to say that you trudogolik ("I work itself I activate those surrounding", "next to it it cannot be rested"). You do not know how to sit without the matter, not you priyemlete the useless expenditure of time. At the same time you wonderfully examine drawings, diagrams, mechanisms, to you is not alien logical analysis. Special emphasis you lay on practical result - the calculation of profit, creation of technologies, search for benefit. You wonderfully work by hands. You easily operate with numbers, constantly you calculate something, they are capable of being dismantled at the technical documentation. You do not love to demonstrate your feelings.

You are very emotional person. You have strong, bright, picturesque emotions. You are not troubled opened to manifest them and encourage this in those surrounding. You wonderfully feel the emotional state of other people (vozbuzhdennost', depression, anger, to mountain, happiness), and they are capable of transferring its emotions by that surrounding. You know how "to bring", to electrify audience, to infect those surrounding by your emotions, to move crowd. You are very active and active person. They are capable of feeling another person as itself, know how to sympathize and to be anxious to strange grief, you will always arrive to the aid being required, you feel sorry incorrectly obizhennykh. Emotions frequently whip you, then you are not capable of sensibly evaluating situation, feelings take precedence, and you make decisions not by the dictate of reason, but by the command of heart. Life without the emotions, feelings, love, experiences would lose value for you. Of you are characteristic openness, sociability, contactability, you are incapable to transfer solitude. Much in you depends on the mood and on the feelings, which you experience to someone, for example, to you it is difficult to force yourselves to make anything for the man, whom you do not love.

In you the organs of sensations are wonderfully developed, thanks to which you possess the increased sensitivity to the smells, the taste, the touchs, the temperature, the sounds. You constantly strive for conveniences, comfort, pleasant sensations. In you are highly developed feelings of aesthetics and excellent. Entire neestetichnoye, disharmonic, tasteless cause in you irritation. You try to avoid the activity, accompanied by discomfort, for example, by noise, by elevated temperature or humidity; you will do entire possible so as to create the suitable conditions for normal operation or leisure. You turn the increased attention to its own health and the health of those surrounding. You love beautiful things, clothing, situation. You approach material abundance, you will not begin to work for the low wage. You love cleanliness, you do not transfer unpleasant it is odor, in the house in you it is always pure, it is comfortable and it is comfortable. Considerable attention you give to the quality of food, which fell there is you will not become. You give the increased attention to the health, feel well its own body (where which bolit). You do not love to manifest superfluous activity, you do not suffer the useless expenditure of forces and energy.

You wonderfully feel time. By this is understood the ability to oshchushchat' all processes, proceeding in the time: hurry, calmness, ardour, the proper (or irrelevant) rhythm of life, the ability to select the suitable moment for the action or activities, the presentiment of the impending danger, the foresight of future, anxiety about that forthcoming, thought about the past and the future. In this case frequently you do not think above decision making, they come to you in the form of prompt "more than", you entrust to your presentiments and illumination, which frequently happen. You rarely fuss, in you your own rhythm, from which it is difficult to bring down you, perfectly well you know, what work can be put off also to what period, frequently can manage without it is hour. Frequently you oshchushchayete yourselves in the certain flow, which bears you on the life, and your only task - passing necessary moment. You do not love to manifest superfluous activity, your vital position it would be possible to describe as the contemplation of its own depth. One of your dear occupations - to give self up to dreams and to fantasies, you love to philosophize, to discuss on the global themes. In you the rich imagination (ability to represent the picture, which is developed in the time and the space), you think of with the aid of the means (frequently situation in your imagination they appear in the form of the sequence of pictures as in the slow-motion film, frequently the information it comes to you in the sleep). You possess the gift of foresight, can predict, as events will be developed. You believe in the mysticism, the beyond forces. The tendency of release from entire terrestrial, carnal, that connects spirit is characteristic of you. You believe in the fate, in the "highest forces".

You possess strong logical and analytical thinking. All are inclined to subject to the logical analysis: situation, event, behavior of people. You approach systematization and adjustment in all - knowledge, information, objects. You adore diagrams, classifications, tables. You try to approach objectively and impartially everything, you do not make possible for feelings to achieve superiority over itself. Of you is characteristic the thorough and deep study of questions, scrupulousness, detailed selection and case study. In any question they are capable of being dug to the essence, you easily note logical discrepancies in the strange reasonings.

You are man of high moral and moral principles. Moral debt, feeling of responsibility, ethical and moral problems occupy important place in your life. You frequently turn yourselves to such concepts as good and evil, decency, honesty, debt, responsibility. You require those surrounding to follow these standards. You give considerable attention to the observance of traditions. You wonderfully examine the relations between the people (who whom loves or hates, who to whom sympathizes with), you see and you evaluate desires both your and surrounding (for example, the desire to acquire some thing, greediness or absence of the same). With the external calmness and the apparent lack of passion deep experiences and strong emotions are characteristic of you, but they are not manifested outside ("quiet waters they are deep", "in the quiet pool draw they are conducted"). You do not love to manifest superfluous activity, they are reserved, you do not love to be in the center of attention. You feel well nuances in the mood of those surrounding, wonderfully you examine interrelations between the people in the association, you give considerable attention to this question. You have the thoroughly hidden sympathies and the antipathies (to frequently even to itself you fear to acknowledge that some you love more than others). Of you they are characteristic the skill to ensure itself by necessary relations with the people and confidence in its possibilities to influence other people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTIONS

A)
    Below is a list of combinations of two personality traits (out of the 8 mentioned above). Which combination of personality traits describes you the WORST? Read through the personality trait descriptions carefully before answering.

1 & 3
    1 & 4
    2 & 3
    2 & 4
    5 & 7
    5 & 8
    6 & 7
    6 & 8

B)
    If you chose 1 & 3, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 2 or 4?
    If you chose 1 & 4, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 2 or 3?
    If you chose 2 & 3, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 1 or 4?
    If you chose 2 & 4, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 1 or 3?
    If you chose 5 & 7, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 6 or 8?
    If you chose 5 & 8, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 6 or 7?
    If you chose 6 & 7, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 5 or 8?
    If you chose 6 & 8, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 5 or 7?

C)
    If you chose 1 & 3 & 2, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 4 or 6?
    If you chose 1 & 3 & 4, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 2 or 8?
    If you chose 1 & 4 & 2, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 3 or 6?
    If you chose 1 & 4 & 3, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 2 or 7?
    If you chose 2 & 3 & 1, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 4 or 5?
    If you chose 2 & 3 & 4, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 1 or 8?
    If you chose 2 & 4 & 1, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 3 or 5?
    If you chose 2 & 4 & 3, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 1 or 7?
    If you chose 5 & 7 & 6, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 8 or 2?
    If you chose 5 & 7 & 8, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 6 or 4?
    If you chose 5 & 8 & 6, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 7 or 2?
    If you chose 5 & 8 & 7, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 6 or 3?
    If you chose 6 & 7 & 5, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 8 or 1?
    If you chose 6 & 7 & 8, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 5 or 4?
    If you chose 6 & 8 & 5, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 7 or 1?
    If you chose 6 & 8 & 7, which personality trait describes you the worst out of 5 or 3?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWERS

1 & 3 & 2 & 4 = INFp (N subtype)
    1 & 3 & 2 & 6 = INFp (F subtype)
    1 & 3 & 4 & 2 = INFj (F subtype)
    1 & 3 & 4 & 8 = INFj (N subtype)
    1 & 4 & 2 & 3 = INTp (N subtype)
    1 & 4 & 2 & 6 = INTp (T subtype)
    1 & 4 & 3 & 2 = INTj (T subtype)
    1 & 4 & 3 & 7 = INTj (N subtype)
    2 & 3 & 1 & 4 = ISFp (S subtype)
    2 & 3 & 1 & 5 = ISFp (F subtype)
    2 & 3 & 4 & 1 = ISFj (F subtype)
    2 & 3 & 4 & 8 = ISFj (S subtype)
    2 & 4 & 1 & 3 = ISTp (S subtype)
    2 & 4 & 1 & 5 = ISTp (T subtype)
    2 & 4 & 3 & 1 = ISTj (T subtype)
    2 & 4 & 3 & 7 = ISTj (S subtype)
    5 & 7 & 6 & 8 = ENFp (N subtype)
    5 & 7 & 6 & 2 = ENFp (F subtype)
    5 & 7 & 8 & 6 = ENFj (F subtype)
    5 & 7 & 8 & 4 = ENFj (N subtype)
    5 & 8 & 6 & 7 = ENTp (N subtype)
    5 & 8 & 6 & 2 = ENTp (T subtype)
    5 & 8 & 7 & 6 = ENTj (T subtype)
    5 & 8 & 7 & 3 = ENTj (N subtype)
    6 & 7 & 5 & 8 = ESFp (S subtype)
    6 & 7 & 5 & 1 = ESFp (F subtype)
    6 & 7 & 8 & 5 = ESFj (F subtype)
    6 & 7 & 8 & 4 = ESFj (S subtype)
    6 & 8 & 5 & 7 = ESTp (S subtype)
    6 & 8 & 5 & 1 = ESTp (T subtype)
    6 & 8 & 7 & 5 = ESTj (T subtype)
    6 & 8 & 7 & 3 = ESTj (S subtype)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj (N subtype)

lol, hmmmmmm who am I, lol.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFJ (N subtype)

umm...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think it worked for me.

I got...

INFj (F subtype)
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The results seem to suggest that Model A is a load of crap.

Slava is ENTp and has chosen or as his place of least resistance. An ENTp's place of least resistance is . Not even close.

Rocky is ISTp and chose or as his place of least resistance. An ISTp's place of least resitance is . Not even close.

Same goes for Elizabeth and Implied.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a strong phrase you've got there, Hugo. I admire your courage. And I think you are right.

The test gave me INTp (N subtype), but I had to force alot of things. For the weakest functions, I chose both 4 and 8, the F functions, but that combination wasn't even up there.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could really care less whether model-A is a load of crap, I have never really understood the thing anyways.

I do fine with my own modified version of model-x with the weak functions anyhow, the one which I accidently reinvented before I even knew about model-x. I suppose that is one of the cool things about being ENTp, you can just piece stuff together in your mind and spout it all out, and sure enough it is usually right even after others call you foolish for your efforts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    The results seem to suggest that Model A is a load of crap.

Slava is ENTp and has chosen or as his place of least resistance. An ENTp's place of least resistance is . Not even close.

Rocky is ISTp and chose or as his place of least resistance. An ISTp's place of least resitance is . Not even close.

Same goes for Elizabeth and Implied.
    Hugo, #4 is supposed to be Te? it sounds like a descrption of Fe to me. Are you sure you didn't mix something up?

#3 is Te.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1&4&3&2

INTj, T subtype

Laura

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj N Subtype?

Is anyone else seeing a pattern?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    INFj N Subtype?

Is anyone else seeing a pattern?
    Yes, but I think Hugo made a mistake. He says that #4 is Te; but it describes Fe.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Okay. I got ENTj and I'm slightly confused.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even assuming that everyone represents themselves accurately and model A is correct, i don't think you will see people choose their POLR in the first choice more often than not. the third function is more likely to be squelched by the diametrically opposite first function (you know, the strongest one?), and an unhealthy person can be highly preoccupied by POLR issues, bringing the function further to the forefront than the third. i would recommend another hit to the crackpipe and the drawing board.

AND STOP PUTTING TEXT IN LIKE THIS YOU FREAKING PALSY

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Rocky

You type came out as INFx, this means you chose 1 & 3.

1 = Se
    3 = Te

I never said 4 = Te

4 = Fe.

What I was saying is that as you are ISTp your place of least resistance is Fe, not Se or Te.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even assuming that everyone represents themselves accurately and model A is correct
    Let's try to keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    i don't think you will see people choose their POLR in the first choice more often than not. the third function is more likely to be squelched by the diametrically opposite first function (you know, the strongest one?), and an unhealthy person can be highly preoccupied by POLR issues, bringing the function further to the forefront than the third.
    When I say, choose what describes you worse, that does not mean choose what describes you best.

Healthly people are aware of their weaknesses as well as there strengths. It is arguably unhealthy if people are less aware of their weaknesses than their strengths. The place of least resistance is a consious function.

I think generally, weaknesses stand out in person's mind more than strengths. They feel they have to get rid of their weaknesses; their weaknesses bother them.

i would recommend another hit to the crackpipe and the drawing board
    Remeber that Model A is supposed to fit reality, not the other way round.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

There are misunderstandings about N weakness and S strength everywhere, and of course it's here. 4 is my worst, but others are not sure.

Creepy-Johan

I got INTj, intuitive subtype when doing this test. Sounds accurate for me to be honest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Hi Rocky

You type came out as INFx, this means you chose 1 & 3.

1 = Se
    3 = Te

I never said 4 = Te

4 = Fe.

What I was saying is that as you are ISTp your place of least resistance is Fe, not Se or Te.
    Opps, I did pick 4 first, but I mixed up the order. In that case, I would have gotten INTP (T subtype).

I don't think people would think of their dual-seeking function as their second worse one. That may be a problem with testing this way. People ENJOY using their dual-seeking function Hugo. I don't know if most people would pick that one right away. Why don't you start off asking to pick ONE function that describes you the worst, and work from there?

How about this:

Pick which ever one fits you the worst (PoLR).
    Then have a chose between two functions (say Si and Ni if they picked Fe first) as to which one you think describes you BEST.
    After that, you can pick a subtype.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm only assuming those things to illustrate that this test won't be accurate even under perfect conditions.

It is arguably unhealthy if people are less aware of their weaknesses than their strengths. The place of least resistance is a consious function.
    i disagree. why would a person with a weakened ego (whether from interaction with superego types or the lack of dual support) be less healthy than one with a stronger one?

I think generally, weaknesses stand out in person's mind more than strengths. They feel they have to get rid of their weaknesses; their weaknesses bother them.
    i agree with this, and it shows exactly why this method of finding POLR is inaccurate. preoccupation with POLR makes it less likely one will consider it the least like them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    How about this:

Pick which ever one fits you the worst (PoLR).
    Then have a chose between two functions (say Si and Ni if they picked Fe first) as to which one you think describes you BEST.
    After that, you can pick a subtype.
    I'm already working on something like this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i disagree. why would a person with a weakened ego (whether from interaction with superego types or the lack of dual support) be less healthy than one with a stronger one?
    It seems like you've misunderstood me.

preoccupation with POLR makes it less likely one will consider it the least like them.
    As I said POLR is a conscious function. It's more an issue of awareness than preoccupation. Therefore people should be able to identify their POLR.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I don't think people would think of their dual-seeking function as their second worse one. That may be a problem with testing this way. People ENJOY using their dual-seeking function Hugo. I don't know if most people would pick that one right away. Why don't you start off asking to pick ONE function that describes you the worst, and work from there?
    If which function is your second worse. I think it is likely to be .