Thread: Any artists here?

Default Any artists here?

So.. I did the below image this evening and I thought I might post it. I'm not to very good, but I try. Anyway I was going to ask if there were any other people here who draw/paint because I want to see how type and art clash.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me of some Tim Burton film. I never draw much, anyway.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I do art, like painting. I Aint good at it but I enjoy doing it . The only art I can post are comercial art stuff.
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I enjoy looking at art but not creating it. I always struggled with drawing and painting in art class and could never get something to look the way I wanted it to. Actually, I don't have much desire to create anything artistically. My creativity is more in the area of ideas and theories: linking ideas together.

Laura

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found some old sketches I made of a comic strip I wanted to draw at one point in my life. It was supposed to be about an INFp and an INTj, both in childhood. It was inspired by the legendary Calvin and Hobbes strip. You might like the characters I came up with. Unfortunately, I can't post anything, because I lack a scanner, and I am missing a full-body shot of the INTj (so I only have his head.) Maybe this weekend, I can upload some stuff.

The best way to learn to draw is if you can't get something to look right, study how some else does it. Every great artist, both visually and musically alike, have borrowed from other artists, using some of their techniques and styles.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-pokeball

I can do landscape design and adobe photoshop (okay so thats cheating but whatever!).

I like the pic tho. It'd be really cool with like a ghostly moonflower up one edge. That'd be one creepy landscape!

I'm not big into art. Mostly I draw while I'm waiting for somthing. I did that one while I was on the phone with someone I find very bland and unmusing. I'm no good but I'm always amused by what I come up with. Heh I love photoshop Jadae.

TIM
    ESTj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really been good at art, but like warrior-librarian, I enjoy looking at it. Particular favourites of mine are Vermeer, Monet, and Cezanne (my display picture is an artwork of his)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have to admit when painting or drawing, I don't like to be disturbed.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to draw, and pastels rock too. From the time I was little I did mostly quick cartoon type characters, but I've done some serious stuff too(which is also always awesome with the charcoal).

Unfortunately I dont have anything scanned to show you right now. If I could get the damn scanner hooked up, then maybe I could show you something.

I'm not at all any breath taking artist, but I try.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any artists here?

edited

To tell you the truth Molly I have no idea. Haha. That is the moon. I had Oscar Wilde's Balled of Reading Gaol stuck in the head at the time though. That might have something to do with how odd it is. So what do you guys think... give me some types of artists here will ya?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one thing you could say is that certain types are going to do art for symbolism and to express emotion, and some are going to do it just for the joy of drawing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had meant actual examples of artists and their type, I think it's safe to say that a good portion are ISFPs, a couple INFPs and other types...

Of coarse then there's comic strip artists, and I'm sure those are probly a bunch of assorted types.

INTP's are known for really appreciating art I think, more then for doing it, so it's cool that you do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Any artists here?

edited