Thread: type descriptions on socion.info - need ESFj ESFp ESTj

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type descriptions on socion.info - need ESFj ESFp ESTj

Perhaps I should explain to everyone my frustration over the matter of typological descriptions located acrost the internet. I do not like the fact that many of the type descriptions located on the internet were not actually written by people who were representatives of the various types.

I am more than capable of writting all of these typological descriptions myself for the website, but I am risking placing positive and negitive ENTp relationship bias on the descriptions, and I do not want to do that. For example, I do not think that it is fair to all of the types that the socionic descriptions on the www.socionics.com website were written by just one person who is one specific type. It has been pointed out before that there is some odd negitive bias in some of the descriptions on that website. I want to do what I can to change that, and I know that there are people who want to help.

Also, another reason I have is that I want other people of the various types to have a chance to say what they know about their own types that may not necessarily be listed in many typological descriptions, and it could help others to find their own type or could be used as a basis for new information for the types that may not be available in english or at all.

A few people of certain types in this forum have already volunteered to author descriptions for the website, and I am waiting patiently for them to complete those descriptions. I thank all of you ...

If I do not get enough people to volunteer to cover for all of the rest of the types that have not had descriptions written for them, I may have to end up writting them myself anyways with potential ENTp relationship bias.

It is your choice ... I am leaving it up to everyone else to decide whether I should do that or not.

Creepy-

dfsdf

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I could help with the ENTj one but I don't always know where my type ends and things unique to me begin so it'd be good to have a group of ENTjs do it. However, if it helps make a start on it so others have something edit and no one else has volunteered I could do ENTj.
    Contact Eidos, he enthusiatically volunteered himself already for ENTj ... I am sure both of you could do some really neat brainstorming together for the ENTj description.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go, go, go everyone I'll help with whatever I can.

btw the new address of the rmcnew's test is http://socion.info/socionicstypetest.html
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got the ENFj description done ...

If we can manage to get ESTp and INFp up, we could have the whole beta quadrant done ...

Hey , help us write an INFp description!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here it is:

EDIT 27/8: Version 1.1 :wink:

What's coming up next?" is a sentence that could accurately summarize the ENTj's mindset. Enthusiastic and optimistic about the future, the ENTj wants to be the one who's at the forefront of advancement. Possessing a peculiar combination of idealism and pragmatism in his personality, the ENTj is a person who wants to make his dreams come true.

The ENTj is a very rational person. He lives with an internal set of principles. These are not arbitrary or merely accepted from conventional wisdom. Rather, they stem from a critical examination of any available empirical evidence at disposal. The ENTj thrives for objectivity. He wants to know the "Right" answer to everything. For this reason, he is particularly fond of measures and tests because they enable him to objectify reality, helping him to make correct decisions and accurate predictions. The ENTj thinks like a scientist, only accepting things if they have been put to an objective test. If you need to make an objective decision about anything, ask an ENTj.

The ENTj has a gut feeling about what lies behind appearances. He has also also got a good intuition about the future. These two characteristics enable him to be often ahead of others, since they help him in predicting events accurately. In order to do this, the ENTj makes intuitive hypotheses according to an existing theoretical model he has elaborated. These intuitions are then naturally put to the test of time. If the existing outcome is different than his prediction, then the ENTj will corrected his model. The ENTj's Intuition thus serves his Thinking. Because of this he is rather impatient. Indeed, he is so eager about the future that he cannot seem to be able to let the present unfold normally.

The ENTj projects an aura of arrogance because of the two previous attitudes. There are several reasons for this. Like most NT's, the ENTj's knowledge is acquired in a very systematic way. The ENTj does not trust common sense. He likes to look behind preconceived ideas. He does not care about consensus or other people opinions. He wants to examine the facts by himself, with a fresh new look. The difference with other NT's is that once the ENTj has found something new, he wants to shout it to the rest of the people in the world and convince them that they were wrong. This makes the ENTj look like a Galileo trying to tell people that the earth is round. Few people like to have their beliefs challenged this way and so the ENTj can sometimes appear as pretentious. Fortunately, this attitude is also what makes him a potential leader.

The ENTj has playful side. Just hook up with him at a party. You'll quickly see that he loves to make jokes and play around. He'll be the first to make a fool of himself. The ENTj also likes to play the "stand up comedian". He can make himself look alot more stupid than he really is, just to amuse people. Sometimes this gets him in trouble because he behaves in inappropriate ways just to be funny. As an example, he has a habit of making humor with a double meaning (often geared towards sex), which, coupled with his disdain for social conventions, often makes him appear as alot ruder than he really is. The ENTj isn't always aware of how he comes off to others, so excuse him if he seems a little crude sometimes.

The ENTj is, deep inside, a romantic (although he will forcefully deny this). He believes in love in a nearly childish way: pure and idealistic. He rarely lets people know about it, but he is rather a sensitive person inside. When he falls in love with someone it can take incredible proportions. He can idealize the other person and put them on a piedestal. The ENTj hides this softness behind a big psychological fortress that makes him look tougher than he really is. Take the time to get to know an ENTj. Once you're in his close circle, you're in for life.

One last thing... You can ask the advice of an ENTj for anything, except one: aesthetics. He is not very good at judging if several colors match together or not. Don't worry if you see him wearing a bright orange t-shirt or red trousers. He's not trying to get attention; he's probably assessing the viability of a combination of colors by empirically testing people's reactions to it.
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that is definatelly going up on the website, thanks Eidos ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topaz has agreed to write the ENFp description ... looking forward to that ...

Now I just need to find people of the remaining types to write descriptions and also someone to rewrite my crappy ENFj description ... I did not do a good job with it, atleast I do not think.

Creepy-

dfsdf

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far we have seven type descriptions up, nine more descriptions to go and hopefully eventually all by their own representative types ...

http://socion.info/TYPOLOGY%20DESCRIPTIONS/index.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am also planning a nice new more professional look for the site in the future, too ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one down! Herzblut just gave me her ESTp description ... adding it to the website right now ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elbow tchaikovsky freezer burn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that was pretty darn good. Only a couple things to say...

Offending an INFp is equivalent to offending no less than a prophet of God!
    lol, I simply wouldn't put it so strongly, but it conveys the idea very well. So, it works either way I guess, just comes out a little strong.

INFps generally do not dislike maintaining well-built bodies – they often take on a fondness for physical activity, especially when it promises a more attractive figure.
    I wouldn't say often, I'd say they can. Kinda depends I think.

Now, I realize I'm being really nitpicky, so if you find it an annoyance, please simply ignore it. But really, great job.

RMC- I do still plan on writing one, I just kind of have a bit going on and I wanted to be in a piece of mind so that I could put a good level effort into it, and so that if I was in some form of a bitter mood from being whiplashed by scedules and obligations or other stressors all day that it wouldn;t reflect on the description. Though that would say something about my type wouldn't it? Anyways, if you do put this one up (which I would advise, because it is very good and characteristic of me, and my type in general) do you still want mine? I'm not sure if your into multiple descriptions or not. If it was my site, I'd want to allow the user as much resource and insight as possible, but I don't know if you just want a cleaner one description per type or what. Anyways, let me know what you think.

(Once again, good description Baby)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFps are genuinely selfless in relationships – if they love you, they will never act on it unless they are sure you want them to love you. As a result, dating can present many stumbling blocks (especially for the males of this type). True hopeless romantics, they want a storybook love life. However, they can be incredibly insecure. As a result, most will never take the first initiative. (Or the second, or the third, or the… you get my drift.) The INFp desire to be romanced, to be taken into love gracefully, rather than wandering in tentatively like everyone else. They desire strong partners, who love them genuinely, who will practice tolerance, and will not be afraid to lead the way when they themselves are unsure. They enjoy their sexuality – but with a fragility unlike others in the “Dramatic” category. They secretly want to be dominated, but only if their partner genuinely desires to dominate.
    Wow, according to this, I'm an INFp! But seriously, I think this applies to the Introverted Victim types (INFp, INTp). Damn accurate on every account.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-

Baby, you did a great job with the INFP description. I am an INFP and found it to be the most accurate INFP description i have ever read. Great job.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent, that INFp description will definatelly be added to the website ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we are on a new page, here is a new updated list on what has been done and what has not been done.

Here is the list so far -

ISTp - IcePick [written]
    ENTj - Eidos [written]
    ESTp - Herzblut [written]
    ENTp - rmcnew [written]
    ISFp - rmcnew [written]
    ISFj - rmcnew [written]
    ISTj - rmcnew [written]
    ENFj - rmcnew [needs to be rewritten by an ENFj]
    INTj - Expat [near completion]
    INFp - Baby [written]

Two more are currently being written
    INFj - Konoko
    ENFp - Topaz

I still need potential authors for the following types:
    ESFj
    ESFp
    INTp
    ESTj

Please message me if you are interested in authoring a type description.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFj
    ESFp
    INTp
    ESTj
    Uh... you might be able to get INTP...

other than that I'm thinking other types are going to have to do them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    ESFj
    ESFp
    INTp
    ESTj
    Uh... you might be able to get INTP...

other than that I'm thinking other types are going to have to do them.
    I asked Cone to do the INTp description, but he declined since he was starting college; that sort of dissapointed me.

But you are right, I probably will have to do the rest of those descriptions ... the ESFj description I could probably do a decent job on [my activity partner], but otherwise I am feeling iffy as I have not had good experiences with the other two types. I am worried any descriptions I make on them will contain some bad relationship biases. I hate seeing that in type descriptions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah, i'd probly be better off if other people on the site that did not have relationship biases against those types would contribute. If you could get that.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Couldn't you just go ahead and write it, post it here and get people's feedback? I have two very close ESFP friends, so I would be able to comment on a description. I just don't feel comfortable writing one.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Couldn't you just go ahead and write it, post it here and get people's feedback? I have two very close ESFP friends, so I would be able to comment on a description. I just don't feel comfortable writing one.
    I could try, but it would be extreemely difficult for me to try to counter-react my experiences with the type. I had problems writting the ENFj description for the exact same reason, and it yet contains heavy ENTp/ENFj relationship type bias. It really really needs to be rewritten by someone other than I.

Although the ISTj, ISFp, and ISFj descriptions I had an easier time writting, because I have family of those types; so, I am not so concerned with those as much.

Creepy-

I think that it is better for type descriptions to be written by ENTp and INTj types, especially INTj's. I don't think that having tyoes write their own descriptions is really a very good idea when thinking in terms of the theory. I also think that there is too much ignorance regarding the theory for people to be running around writing descriptions because it can be misleading for people that want high quality information.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is why there are "other" typology descriptions out there ... most type descriptions are written the way that you described, all written by some ENTp or INTj in some dark office somewhere with indirect data and maybe a few personal experiences. *points at self*

That is also the reason why there is so much relationship type bias prevalent in those descriptions, do you really want another set of type descriptions "exactly" like those type descriptions?

But if that is your cup of tea, fine and dandy ... no one said anyone had to contribute if they do not want to contribute.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should just get the type themselves, their duality, and their conflict to write about them. Then we get all the angles.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    We should just get the type themselves, their duality, and their conflict to write about them. Then we get all the angles.
    Excellent idea, but could take ages to accomplish ... it is hard enough to find people of all the types who can write about themselves in a way compatible with the socionics model, let along to find people who are their duals and conflicts who also know socionics and the other type well enough to write about them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about just an interview.... like soooo bob what did you think about gary... please be honset, we want the good and the bad... i guess there would always be types that are too paranoid to tell the truth though. They ened to spend more money on this... have like 16 socions to experiment with.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topaz and Expat have both given me their ENFp and INTj descriptions, and they are now available to read on the website.

11 descriptions total so far, 5 left to go ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the INFj description and it has been added to the website ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, here is the current tally of descriptions written or being written ...

ISTp - IcePick [written]
    ENTj - Eidos [written]
    ESTp - Herzblut [written]
    ENTp - rmcnew [written]
    ISFp - rmcnew [written]
    ISFj - rmcnew [written]
    ISTj - rmcnew [written]
    ENFj - rmcnew [written]
    INTj - Expat [written]
    INFp - Baby [written]
    INFj - Konoko [written]
    ENFp - Topaz [written]

INTp - syc. [being written]

ESFj
    ESFp
    ESTj

Speaking of which I wrote it today. It was brilliant. My computer froze. I am still mourning the loss of my work. But I'm going to start over this evening I think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, that is dissapointing ... I hate it when that happens ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still deciding whether I should write a descriptiong for ESFj. I personally don't know enough about the type to write a good analysis. All I have are personal experiences and I'm not sure if that's enough to cover the whole range of ESFjs.
    "this shaking keeps me steady. i should know. what falls always is always. and is near. i wake to sleep and taking my waking slow. i learn by going where i have to go." -t. roethke

ENFp!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeins
    I am still deciding whether I should write a descriptiong for ESFj. I personally don't know enough about the type to write a good analysis. All I have are personal experiences and I'm not sure if that's enough to cover the whole range of ESFjs.
    There are several things that I am looking for in a description:

1. Actual things that ESFjs do that are not talked about in other descriptions ...

2. A personal element ... when someone of a type comes acrost a description of their type, I want that type to say "Boy, this description not only sounds like me, it is written in a way similar to the way I feel and think! I bet I could be that type!"

3. I do not want unnecessary type bias ... this is a beef I have with many of the descriptions out there, which are predominatelly written by INTj and ENTp types. Stuff gets added from a relationship level that does not properly describe or appeal to people of that type. Note, that I do not have problems with talking about the good or bad things of a type so long as it appeals and actually describes that type. Usually, that is not the case when you let ENTps and INTjs write all of the descriptions.

Other than that, I do not care how a type description is written. I am mostly leaving that up to those who are writting the descriptions.

Really, I think anyone is capible of doing that, just not everyone feels as though they can muster the confidence. I think it is possible regardless.