Thread: Tribute to the INFj

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tribute to the INFj

I like INFj's. I think they often seem to underestimate their effect on people and the world.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I agree. I wasn't in a good mood yesterday.
    And was chatting with my INFj friend on msn. He was so positive and sensitive, he made my day.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that they rock! I just posted a thing about this in the "mirror" topic. What would I do w/o my INFjs? They're great.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why, but I have also heard from others who feel that INFjs are boring.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

I don't know why, but I have also heard from others who feel that INFjs are boring.
    Well, maybe to others, but definitely not to me, and probably all ENFps & ESTjs & ISTps?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently saw the movie Persuasion. Its one of those romantic, British period peices where people have to behave all proper etc. until at the end they admit to their undying love. Anyway, I think the main characters were very much LSE and EII. Anyone see it? The female lead was very quiet and compasionate and a sounding board to all the other silly characters and the lead male was an admiral on leave that all the girls were chasing cause he looked so dashing in his uniform and big, big, hat. To convey emotions they would play violines etc. and zoom in for close ups as was suggested by Rick in his post on Rocky. Despite all the theatrical gimicks it was still quite entertaining. I guess I love the british accents as much as the story.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a RL friend of meats, and one of the two INFJ's he is probably referring to when he said that, I'll take it as a compliment! Grats to all my brothers and sisters out there. We (apparently) rock guys! Much <3 Meato.

I'm also an MBTI convert and although I'm still wrapping my head around the concepts, I think at this stage I am either an NiFi or FiNi.

Interesting stuff so far. Anything which adds to a person's collective understanding of other people and human behaviour in general is a pretty good thing to learn in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I recently saw the movie Persuasion. Its one of those romantic, British period peices where people have to behave all proper etc. until at the end they admit to their undying love. Anyway, I think the main characters were very much LSE and EII. Anyone see it? The female lead was very quiet and compasionate and a sounding board to all the other silly characters and the lead male was an admiral on leave that all the girls were chasing cause he looked so dashing in his uniform and big, big, hat. To convey emotions they would play violines etc. and zoom in for close ups as was suggested by Rick in his post on Rocky. Despite all the theatrical gimicks it was still quite entertaining. I guess I love the british accents as much as the story.
    I just watched this movie today (well... the 2007 version). I would say that Anna is undoubtedly INFj, but I've never met an LSE before so... are they really like that? If they are then I like!
    I'm only a perfectionist when I am not lazy.
    The Humanitarian
    EII

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tribute to the INFj

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    I like INFj's. I think they often seem to underestimate their effect on people and the world.
    I second this.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElliseLinette
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I just watched this movie today (well... the 2007 version). I would say that Anna is undoubtedly INFj, but I've never met an LSE before so... are they really like that? If they are then I like!
    I havent seen the 2007 version so Im not sure how the character was developed. The version I saw was made in 1995.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114117/
    I believe it recieved very good reviews.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just visited an EII's family. It is incredibly welcoming whenever I stop by, a very nice Delta atmosphere. Their whole family is exceptional as it is - delta rational couple at its head. The EII easily found out about my "perpetual hunger" and offered me tons of food, which was great. We think the same way generally, although she has a much more ethical and soft approach; I can understand very much where the EII is coming from, but feel very compelled to insert hard T when it is appropriate (This furthers why I know I have to be in a relationship with an "F" type woman, because I am extremely comfortable with supplying T to augment and improve F assertions, whereas, when I have to supply F to augment someone's heavy T, it does not appeal to me). EIIs do exude a sort of "need to be protected", but it is in a disarming and endearing way- when the are sane and mature, obviously. INFjs are the type I am most compelled to hug like a giant stuffed animal, for whatever reason that may be: I do not feel that way about many people, but it is definitely a vibe I get from EIIs.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a very good friend who is EII. I was visiting him and his wife last night. We usually watch movies or sing kareoke or something like that. He has a huge movie collection and doesnt mind me analysing plots and so forth. I love taking movies apart to see what made them work or not work. Fortunately for him he has seen them all or at least most of them so Im not ruining his experience. But he is very nice, easily embarrassed, not at all confrontational. Sometimes he gets hit on by strange people or gets approached by perverts and wierdos. I dont know why but his wife and I tease him about it all the time. It might be because of his appearance and demeanor. He seems fairly conservative to most people but his mind is a swirl of fanciful activity. Even still he doesnt push his ideas on to others at all. Im much more assertive and more inclinded to try to stir things up, get people moving. I really dont push him much but let him decide for himself. I think some people need a gentler touch.

Topaz

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so glad INFjs are my dual.

dominant = rational =
    > = no contention (as I perceive it) =
    > = peace (as I perceive it) =

- They are the most huggable type, and if you disagree you must know you are lying to yourself. Or you are a victim, or some other strange type of person.
    - Their only real demands (as I perceive it) are that you are ethical, and that is fine with me.
    - LOYALTY (as I perceive it)
    - Totally undemanding (as I perceive it), and willing to follow my lead in most everything.

They like it when I subtly pressure them to new things, and yet always am concerned about whether or not they really like it. They realize I don't want to exploit them. They reward me for my natural inclination to protect the people I care about. Easy to talk to, good listeners, therapeutic, morally understanding. So long as they are not afraid of me (as in, I am showing my good qualities and being a virtuous person), things go so easily. And they make me want to be a better person anyways, which is something I appreciate.

More later I'm sure.