Thread: NEW TEST!!! I have upgraded from pictures, to video!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NEW TEST!!! I have upgraded from pictures, to video!!!

The video tries to help you target what your dominant function is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFYe4YLOQA0[/youtube]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but it worked for me: introverted intuition.

Anyway you should prolong the video a few seconds if possible. Even though I am not a slow reader, I didn't feel that I got enough time to read and reflect upon the four alternatives suggesting your dominant function. For the average or slow reader it becomes impossible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking about editing the video anyways to correct a typo ... I might make some of them a little longer when I do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Notice blur effect. Confusion as I tried to register everything that was happening.
    2. Try to group the dancers by similarity -- that is, the ones who moved in unison vs. those who moved differently.
    3. Try to find a pattern in the music so that I can anticipate points of repetition.
    4. Realize that their dances were surprisingly similar to Para Para. Memories of people playing Para Para -- my friend, a group of people at a mall -- confirmed that there was a match.
    5. Wonder at what the fire symbolized.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The video is down now ... I might have a new version of it up here eventually once it is through compiling.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    1. Notice blur effect. Confusion as I tried to register everything that was happening.
    2. Try to group the dancers together by similarity.
    3. Try to find a pattern in the music so that I can anticipate points of repetition.
    4. Realize that their dances were surprisingly similar to Para Para. Memories of people playing Para Para -- my friend, a group of people at a mall -- confirmed the match.
    5. Wonder at what the fire symbolized.
    #1 = Not sure if it is type related, could be Sensing but I will just say perception, because it is not judgement ...
    #2 = Thinking
    #3 = Intuition
    #4 = Thinking
    #5 = Not sure if it is type related ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I updated the video ... homefully youtube will finish indexing her sometime soon so it will show up again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think before the video starts you should tell people to concentrate on the first thought that comes to mind so they don't forget it like me.

Maybe I'm biased but the first thought that came to my mind was "Not another silly ass asian music video." Personally I know a friend who's really into
    rythm games and seems to really love this crazy wacky shit and shows it to me all the time and I think it's just silly and really gay.

Next thought was that I may have heard this song before after it started going for a second.

I couldn't help but concentrate on the stupid lyrics and dancing and costumes and that asians and other cultures are just way out there comepared to us.

Like I said though, maybe I'm biased because I've seen these kind of videos before and already have formulated my opinion on them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverted Thinking was my first reaction according to this.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DHHnc-GZpnI

this video is probably better for assessment...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is that?

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=DHHnc-GZpnI

this video is probably better for assessment...
    I think that video just made me have a seizure

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I understand why you are suggesting that video, and that is because I initially had blurred the video through and effect. I agree that that might actually be slightly better than just showing the video straight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought: I love this! In less than a second this thing made me smile. I like the song, the video made me smile and even laugh, the guy was funny, girls were cute. All in all I loved the humor and the music and the visuals. My next thought was: how on earth are you going to build a test around this video?! and tried to figure that out without much success.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do not think a test can be built around a video?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought: "what a cheesy song.....I'm bored.....wait. I think this song sounds familiar, but I can't seem to remember where I had heard it."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think videos could be used for assessments, but I don't think serious tests should be based on a single 40-second video... Maybe a set of 10 videos set in addition for a test...

Videos can be good for assessments, but also for descriptions of types, functions, relations, quadras, dichotomies, etc. I think a Socionics DVD can be a pretty marketable idea...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I proposed this video because it is detail-rich, can be difficult for an ethical type (especially INF), is repetitive and has specific patterns (video AND music), and can possibly produce very different reactions depending on functions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear rmcnew,

Firstly, thanks for putting up this test.

Secondly, my results:

Not intuition
    Maybe sensing
    Maybe thinking
    Maybe feeling

Couldn't work out introversion/extroversion.

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, probably the biggest drawback to this test is the fact that it tests subjectivelly.

In any case, it does good for advertiseing for this website and does not say anything that is in error regardless; I think that makes it a good thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG I'm dominant!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts were, "Japanese? Is this the J-Pop thing I've heard about? What is this song about?"
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are like totally blowing over the instructions here ...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really have some problems with the criteria being used to evaluate the functions here.

the most glaring flaw is that the extroversion/introversion differentiation was completely inappropriate in the context of the video; nobody in the world is going to use books, reference materials, outside information to make judgments about a music video nobody understands and nobody cares about in mandarin chinese. not one person on the planet would test as extroverted by these criteria.

i don't really like the nature of how the functions were presented either. if i were to go off of your descriptions, i would probably have to type myself as Si dominant... my first reaction was along the lines of "what the fuck is this?" but i would say that overall, a lot of stuff was going on in that video, but i have no idea what. i don't believe a viewpoint like that is at all type-related, particularly due to the nature of the video. i similarly think that all of the other functional analyses, although they are, as you said, toned down to remove bias, are basically useless as socionics descriptors.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those of you who are making negitive comments about the nature of the video and how it relates to functions apparently are avoiding what it says in the immediate text right after the video and before it gives the function descriptions, which are mostly there for "for your information" purposes only.

the most glaring flaw is that the extroversion/introversion differentiation was completely inappropriate in the context of the video; nobody in the world is going to use books, reference materials, outside information to make judgments about a music video nobody understands and nobody cares about in mandarin chinese. not one person on the planet would test as extroverted by these criteria.
    If you judge on the basis of other peoples opinions, then yes. For example, if many people think that breathing fire is bad for ones health, then someone with dominant and is going to wonder how that would effect someones health down the road. I think that it is true people can see themselves as extroverts on this taking a criteria such as this, it just depends if they understand the implication. It could be reworded to be less ambiguous.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew

If you judge on the basis of other peoples opinions, then yes. For example, if many people think that breathing fire is bad for ones health, then someone with dominant and is going to wonder how that would effect someones health down the road.
    uh...... what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say the video should be more neutral. Should be something that westerners can identify with so that they don't get any immediate adverse reaction to it like the might with something crazy and rediculous like this. Something tells me you will get a lot of "What the hell was that?" reactions with a video like this one.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus

Anyway you should prolong the video a few seconds if possible. Even though I am not a slow reader, I didn't feel that I got enough time to read and reflect upon the four alternatives suggesting your dominant function. For the average or slow reader it becomes impossible.
    ahahaha.

This test is so stupid. Why is the text part of the video? All of the options should be presented at once, without showing the results until you select one of the descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    My first thought: "what a cheesy song.....I'm bored.....
    That was pretty much my only thought. I did wonder briefly about the nationality, but zoned out quickly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Those of you who are making negitive comments about the nature of the video and how it relates to functions apparently are avoiding what it says in the immediate text right after the video and before it gives the function descriptions, which are mostly there for "for your information" purposes only.
    If such a statement is taken seriously, then it is misleading to call the video a "test".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus

ahahaha.

This test is so stupid. Why is the text part of the video? All of the options should be presented at once, without showing the results until you select one of the descriptions.
    I agree. The latter part of the test should be included as a spoiler.
    [spoil:08ea47d5ad]Like this[/spoil:08ea47d5ad]
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)