Thread: Type this random person

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Type this random person

S/he is quite content at home at the computer (playing games or working on websites). S/he does not communicate much over the
    computer and when s/he does, s/he is rather short and to the point. S/he goes out because s/he feels s/he should socialize. S/he is quite popular among people. They would perceive her/him as happy and bouncy, but s/he is really good at covering up her/his unhappiness and insecurity. S/he feels the need to be accepted and liked. S/he wants to help everyone and everything. His/her life has taken place in different locations around the world and s/he is not afraid of moving and change. But s/he really likes his/her social network and s/he is ready to enter a new and more settled and financially predictable phase of life. S/he hates the cold and wants to live in a warm climate.

His/her work patterns are erratic and marked by changing phases of procrastination and slaving away. S/he is a perfectionist as far as improving her/his skills go. Her/his moods can go from happy enthusiasm (which can be loud and overbearing, but is also very endearing and fun) to being quiet and withdrawn. Her/his education served the purpose of learning a particular thing and getting a degree to get ahead (not learning for the sake of learning).

S/he has an addictive personality. S/he is couragous and stands up for what s/he believes. Her/his political point of view is liberal, but s/he does not oppose the punishment of people who seem to deserve it. S/he hates oppression and exploitation.

S/he is not overly responsible with money, but you can lend him/her money and you will get it back ASAP. In that sense s/he is very reliable. S/he is loving, but a little afraid of closeness (as in a romantic relationship). S/he is loyal and caring, but can get wrapped up in his/her own world, especially when stressed. S/he does not take criticism well and is easily hurt (but won't tell). S/he enjoys computer games, programming/coding, concert and nights out with good friends, gardening, fine dining, tv. S/he cries during movies and has big problems with injustice and watching people get hurt. S/he likes to hug. Very expressive in terms of gesturing and facial expression. Needs reassurance. Would like to live a quiet life in a house with a garden, kids, and pets. S/he enjoys the company of people, but needs alone time. S/he likes romantic comedies, sci-fi, and some drama if it's not too depressing. S/he loves dogs and used to own snakes. S/he is very adaptable, but always seems to stay true to her/himself.

Any ideas?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And no, it's not me (spaceships bore me to tears...). :wink:
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an healthy isfj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely INFj, 'cos it sounds like me. Or maybe I'm an ISFj. j/k.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is great! Could you all perhaps say what makes you think what you think?
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol this person seems like a quieter version of you, kim. but definitely irrational. not sure of what type. doesn't seem like an infj or an infp, but seems intuitive. too much F for an entp. so maybe isfp? not sure they seem intuitive not sensing.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    lol this person seems like a quieter version of you, kim. .
    Yes, I realized that when I typed it up. I think I made him/her out to be more introverted than s/he is. In fact,
    if people saw him/her and me together, they would say that I am the introvert. So perhaps s/he is indeed an ENFp...

Now I am confused...

I rule out INTj, INTp, INFp, ISTj entirely.

Lately I have been thinking ESFp. And ISFj has come up before.

Temperament seems EP rather than IJ. Aggressor. Se>Si, Te>Ti (?). Gamma and Delta more likely than Beta and Alpha. Alpha more
    likely than Beta. Very good actress/actor and singer. Creative and spontaneous. Considerate.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this description is interesting.

there are elements of it that clearly point to LII, but others that clearly detract from that and point to IEI and sometimes ILI. none of those really work at all, however; the description has too many factors that are wrong with all of them. from the description it sounds very much like an introvert, but extroversion is perhaps possible.

those that say delta NF, and more probably EII than IEE (although, seriously, what do i know?) are probably on the right track, but this description is so inconstant that there are a number of types i wouldn't rule out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure that is not a description of me ... ? Lol ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought was ISFp, but ISFj or INFj probably works better. How do you see Aggressor? That doesn't seem consistent with the above description.

I would rule out any logical type.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

those that say delta NF, and more probably EII than IEE (although, seriously, what do i know?) are probably on the right track, but this description is so inconstant that there are a number of types i wouldn't rule out.
    Where exactly do you see inconsistencies?

As for the introversion/extroversion:
    S/he socializes a lot, but says s/he does not necessarily does that because s/he really wants to (unless s/he goes out with friends). If you saw him/her and me together, you would think I am the introvert. S/he is very energetic and not in the least shy. I am like that when I feel comfortable, s/he is like that everywhere where there are people. BUT I have a greater need to be around people on a regular basis. S/he would be content being at home at the computer for days with no person around. I would go nuts. But s/he know A LOT more people than I do. So now I am confused about the introversion/extroversion thing.

hotelambush, what makes you rule out a logical type?

A few more things: s/he is not someone who will say "poor thing" when you feel bad. S/he will provide advice and solutions and tell you to do something about it and toughen up. Unless it is something serious that you can't do anything about. In that case, s/he will act as if everything is normal, but be there when you approach him/her for a shoulder to cry on.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

Where exactly do you see inconsistencies?
    this mostly simply refers to the idea that INTj, for example, is consistent with much of the description but fallls when you talk about the sociability of this person. the same occurs in different areas for a number of other types which might be plausible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Where exactly do you see INTj?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NF IMO. ENFp?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. I started reading it, thinking, "that's so INTj".

Quote Originally Posted by Kim (first post)
    S/he is quite content at home at the computer (playing games or working on websites). ....
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand with my opinion she sounds very ISFj, the alternative being ENTj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this random person

S/he is quite content at home at the computer (playing games or working on websites). S/he does not communicate much over the
    computer and when s/he does, s/he is rather short and to the point.
    S/he goes out because s/he feels s/he should socialize. (although this could be a "healthy" INTj) S/he is quite popular among people. They would perceive her/him as happy and bouncy, but s/he is really good at covering up her/his unhappiness and insecurity. S/he feels the need to be accepted and liked. S/he wants to help everyone and everything. His/her life has taken place in different locations around the world and s/he is not afraid of moving and change. (~) But s/he really likes his/her social network and s/he is ready to enter a new and more settled and financially predictable phase of life. S/he hates the cold and wants to live in a warm climate.

His/her work patterns are erratic and marked by changing phases of procrastination and slaving away. S/he is a perfectionist as far as improving her/his skills go. Her/his moods can go from happy enthusiasm (which can be loud and overbearing, but is also very endearing and fun) to being quiet and withdrawn. Her/his education served the purpose of learning a particular thing and getting a degree to get ahead (not learning for the sake of learning).

S/he has an addictive personality. S/he is couragous and stands up for what s/he believes. Her/his political point of view is liberal, but s/he does not oppose the punishment of people who seem to deserve it. S/he hates oppression and exploitation.

S/he is not overly responsible with money, but you can lend him/her money and you will get it back ASAP. In that sense s/he is very reliable. S/he is loving, but a little afraid of closeness (as in a romantic relationship). S/he is loyal and caring, but can get wrapped up in his/her own world, especially when stressed. S/he does not take criticism well and is easily hurt (but won't tell). S/he enjoys computer games, programming/coding, concert and nights out with good friends, gardening, fine dining, tv.
    S/he cries during movies and has big problems with injustice and watching people get hurt. S/he likes to hug. Very expressive in terms of gesturing and facial expression. Needs reassurance. Would like to live a quiet life in a house with a garden, kids, and pets. S/he enjoys the company of people, but needs alone time. S/he likes romantic comedies, sci-fi, and some drama if it's not too depressing. S/he loves dogs and used to own snakes. S/he is very adaptable, but always seems to stay true to her/himself.

Any ideas?

looking back at it now, with a better idea of this person's type, i can see why LII would appear more likely from parts of this description than it might actually be in reality.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the answers. I have a hard time seeing IJ temperament in him/her. S/he seems so erratic, doesn't really plan ahead, etc.

And right now, as I said, I am a bit confused about the extroversion/introversion thing. S/he definitely appears extremely extroverted, but does not seem to need people as much as I do. S/he does look like an extrovert. S/he can adapt to any situation.

S/he is a great mentor and would love to teach people, especially juvenile criminals. But s/he seems happiest at the computer and is such a computer geek. S/he is expressive, but does not talk about her feelings, emotions, or problems. The other day unintentionally hurt her/his feelings and s/he was very very hurt, but tried to hide it. S/he does not want to burden other people with his/her problems. Has had a tough life at times, but will not talk about unless asked. Even then s/he does not really open up about it. Tends to brush things off (her/his problems, bad emotions, etc.).

When someone needs help or feels low, s/he will offer practical advice ("you should do xyz") and will not accept excuses. S/he is extremely funny, with really sharp, witty humor. S/he is very goofy (the other day we were in the car waiting at a red light. A bit ahead of us were people s/he knows, so s/he grabbed a rag that was in the car, jumped out, ran up to them and acted as if s/he were cleaning their windshield. It was hilarious).

Not suspicious of people (s/he is pretty trusting), unless they are authorities. Can make him/herself at home anywhere. Used to have relationships with cool, reserved people who are not very expressive emotionally. Is now dating someone who is more approachable and warm and enjoys it, but has a hard time with mood swings and non-predictable behavior in a partner. Needs emotional stability. Does not want to have to tell or show love for a partner all the time, but wants the partner to know. S/he seems very fair and mature in a relationship (no blame games, etc.).

Wants to look good, but does not really pay attention to what s/he wears unless s/he dresses for an occasion. Then s/he can look smashing. Good sense of how to dress for what occasion. Tall, slender, and naturally in good shape. Lively expression, sparkly eyes, bright smile. Blushes and gets embarrassed when complimented, but will on occasion say that s/he is not bad looking. Especially shy when complimented on his/her talents ("you should be a comedian/singer").

S/he is so incredibly hard to type...
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim, from your last description, she sounds generally like an ENFp. I don't think anybody here can totally relate to all the descriptions of their own type anyway.

I have a hard time seeing IJ temperament in him/her. S/he seems so erratic, doesn't really plan ahead, etc.
    I think IXFjs would be an exception. I don't see the need to plan ahead since things are going to change anyway. Planning ahead stifles me and I prefer to be kept in suspense and be surprised.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, you are right...it would just blow me away if s/he turned out to be ENFp. :wink:
    I really don't know and would still like to know what others think.

And I am the same way as you when it comes to planning.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this random person

computer and when s/he does, s/he is rather short and to the point. S/he goes out because s/he feels s/he should socialize.
    The way you phrase it, it seems to suggest a Fe-role person, so EXTj. Anyway ESFj can be ruled out, probably other Fe-ego types too.

S/he is quite popular among people. They would perceive her/him as happy and bouncy, but s/he is really good at covering up her/his unhappiness and insecurity. S/he feels the need to be accepted and liked. S/he wants to help everyone and everything. His/her life has taken place in different locations around the world and s/he is not afraid of moving and change. But s/he really likes his/her social network and s/he is ready to enter a new and more settled and financially predictable phase of life. S/he hates the cold and wants to live in a warm climate.
    Probably Fe-PoLR types can be ruled out.

So, so far, I'd eliminate[s:2f123eaf60] ESFj, ISFp, ENFj, INFp, INTp, ISTp[/s:2f123eaf60].

Perhaps an Emotivist.

Not an ISTj or ISFj either, I'd guess -- but something in it suggests Ni>Ne, and probably not Alpha.

Perhaps Result.

Fi>Fe perhaps, or Se>Si -- but not very clear.

S/he is not overly responsible with money, but you can lend him/her money and you will get it back ASAP. In that sense s/he is very reliable. S/he is loving, but a little afraid of closeness (as in a romantic relationship). S/he is loyal and caring, but can get wrapped up in his/her own world, especially when stressed. S/he does not take criticism well and is easily hurt (but won't tell).
    Not Fi ego-type either -- not [s:2f123eaf60]INFj, ISFj, ENFp, ESFp[/s:2f123eaf60].

Sounds like Fi superid. So, Gamma or Delta.

S/he enjoys computer games, programming/coding, concert and nights out with good friends, gardening, fine dining, tv. S/he cries during movies and has big problems with injustice and watching people get hurt. S/he likes to hug. Very expressive in terms of gesturing and facial expression. Needs reassurance. Would like to live a quiet life in a house with a garden, kids, and pets. S/he enjoys the company of people, but needs alone time. S/he likes romantic comedies, sci-fi, and some drama if it's not too depressing. S/he loves dogs and used to own snakes. S/he is very adaptable, but always seems to stay true to her/himself.
    A bit of Si caregiver there, and Fi-Fe is not clear -- they seem like balanced functions.

So, of the types I have ruled out (tentatively) we are left with:

INTj, ENTp, ESTp, ENTj, ESTj. I don't think it's an ESTp.

So INTj, ENTp, ENTj, ESTj. ENTps are Construct-creating, so I will leave that out.

On quadras --

S/he makes neither an Alpha nor Beta impression.

ENTj or ESTj in my opinion. ESTj somewhat more likely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the introversion/extroversion:
    S/he socializes a lot, but says s/he does not necessarily does that because s/he really wants to (unless s/he goes out with friends). If you saw him/her and me together, you would think I am the introvert. S/he is very energetic and not in the least shy. I am like that when I feel comfortable, s/he is like that everywhere where there are people. BUT I have a greater need to be around people on a regular basis. S/he would be content being at home at the computer for days with no person around. I would go nuts. But s/he know A LOT more people than I do. So now I am confused about the introversion/extroversion thing.
    If s/he seems more energetic then you, probably indeed a Socionics extrovert.

The socializing bit suggests Fi>Fe. The "not being shy" may mean many things -- "shyness" is not related to type, I think, except for eliminating Se ego types.

A few more things: s/he is not someone who will say "poor thing" when you feel bad. S/he will provide advice and solutions and tell you to do something about it and toughen up. Unless it is something serious that you can't do anything about. In that case, s/he will act as if everything is normal, but be there when you approach him/her for a shoulder to cry on.
    Te>Fe.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And right now, as I said, I am a bit confused about the extroversion/introversion thing. S/he definitely appears extremely extroverted, but does not seem to need people as much as I do. S/he does look like an extrovert. S/he can adapt to any situation.
    Yeah, probably extrovert.

S/he is a great mentor and would love to teach people, especially juvenile criminals. But s/he seems happiest at the computer and is such a computer geek. S/he is expressive, but does not talk about her feelings, emotions, or problems. The other day unintentionally hurt her/his feelings and s/he was very very hurt, but tried to hide it. S/he does not want to burden other people with his/her problems. Has had a tough life at times, but will not talk about unless asked. Even then s/he does not really open up about it. Tends to brush things off (her/his problems, bad emotions, etc.).
    Not very secure in Fe or Fi. So probably not ethical type.

When someone needs help or feels low, s/he will offer practical advice ("you should do xyz")
    Yeah probably logical extrovert.

and will not accept excuses. S/he is extremely funny, with really sharp, witty humor. S/he is very goofy (the other day we were in the car waiting at a red light. A bit ahead of us were people s/he knows, so s/he grabbed a rag that was in the car, jumped out, ran up to them and acted as if s/he were cleaning their windshield. It was hilarious).
    Again extrovert -- and not weak Ne.

Not suspicious of people (s/he is pretty trusting), unless they are authorities. Can make him/herself at home anywhere. Used to have relationships with cool, reserved people who are not very expressive emotionally.
    Not Fe in super-id --

Is now dating someone who is more approachable and warm and enjoys it, but has a hard time with mood swings and non-predictable behavior in a partner. Needs emotional stability. Does not want to have to tell or show love for a partner all the time, but wants the partner to know. S/he seems very fair and mature in a relationship (no blame games, etc.).
    Rational, again Fe over Fi.

Wants to look good, but does not really pay attention to what s/he wears unless s/he dresses for an occasion. Then s/he can look smashing. Good sense of how to dress for what occasion. Tall, slender, and naturally in good shape. Lively expression, sparkly eyes, bright smile. Blushes and gets embarrassed when complimented, but will on occasion say that s/he is not bad looking. Especially shy when complimented on his/her talents ("you should be a comedian/singer").
    Again --

To me it's clearly a Te EJ. ESTj or ENTj.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hotelambush, what makes you rule out a logical type?
    Hmm. It just seemed like a typical IF. Your first description is filled with descriptions of Fi-type things. "Not learning for the sake of learning" is probably anti-INTj. Although I suppose it could be a veeeery well-rounded INTj.

I'm rather confused at this point. ISFp seems possible from the last description, although I suppose Eunice's suggestion of ENFp might work better. ESTj also sounds plausible.