Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some examples of famous/celebrity LSIs-ISTjs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some examples of famous/celebrity LSIs-ISTjs

deleted
    Last edited by guest32456; 12-30-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Though I'm not in Beta, I wanted to post this at the previous topic but just forgot. Now I do before forget!

I guess Toshiro Mifune is ISTj.
    http://www.geraldpeary.com/interviews/mno/mifune.html

And Stephen King's novels have many ISTj characters. I read The Langoliers recently and thought Brian is ISTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be interested to hear your views on whether Master Chief, Gordon Freeman and/or Agent 47 are ISTjs.

In the other topic I did say that Li Mu Bai (the guy in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon who is the rightful owner of the Green Destiny, played by Chow-Yun Fat) might be an ISTj, but nobody replied to that suggestion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    i think he is istp
    Sorry, but who? Li Mu Bai? Chow-Yun Fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    I'd be interested to hear your views on whether Master Chief, Gordon Freeman and/or Agent 47 are ISTjs.
    Likely. If not, Gordon Freeman may be INTx, and others are other ST type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've taken a number of Halo character tests and for most of them came up with Master Chief. Here's a fusion of the Master Chief descriptions:

You are the Master Chief (Spartan-117). You are a take-charge, adaptable person. You are a leader. You are very brave – even when you are scared to do something to tough it out and do it anyway. You are loyal and dependable, and always get the job done. Your friends mean a lot to you, and they respect you. You do not glorify your violent actions, but merely do what has to be done. You do not hate the enemy; you kill because it is your duty. It is not your job to make things suffer, it is to win battles. When you speak, you speak in terse, softly-spoken, one-line dialogues and have a man-of-action demeanour. You have unseen reserves of humour and honour. You are enigmatic, coolheaded and all business.

I think that's an 80-90% accurate description of me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, Gordon Freeman and Agent 47 don't really have a personality, apart from being quiet and calm. Freeman is a scientist, pointing to xNTx, but, out of the three computer game characters that I suggested, I would say that Master Chief has the most personality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read Pride and Prejudice, but from what I've heard of Mr. Darcy he could be an ISTj. However, I'm not sure about that and I'd appreciate any feedback.

Another fictional character that might be an ISTj is Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird). I've read the book, and Atticus Finch seems to be a possible ISTj. But, as I'm no expert (and I'm not being modest, I'm quite bad at typing people) I'd be grateful for some input.

Novels and some kind of games have much more ISTjs than movies and dramas, I guess, although I haven't read them (and To Kill a Mockingbird was made into a movie. How's he in it?).

I once thought many movies have ISTP (in MBTI) heros but they have less psychological depictions about them, and same for ISTp (in Socionics). I'm not sure about novels and games, but I guess something similar to this is happening to the distribution of fictional ISTjs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do you think that Atticus Finch and Mr. Darcy are ISTjs?

Possible from outlines of the stories. I suspend determination until read details later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To summarise:

Morpheus
    Agent Smith
    Mace Windu
    The Emperor in Star Wars
    Principal Skinner
    The Romans
    The Germans
    Ayn Rand (?)
    Jonathan Niednagel
    Christy Mathewson
    Mike Krzyzewski
    Carl Jung
    George Steinbrenner
    Gordan Ramsey
    Master Chief (please clarify this)
    Atticus Finch (?)
    Mr. Darcy (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro, I take it that Li Mu Bai (the fictional character) is an ISTp. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I would also like to point out more possible ISTjs - Inman (Cold Mountain), Japan and China. What do you think?

In addition, this is a list of characters from the film Seven Samurai, which I’ve mentioned before, and I would like for us to take a look at these main characters and decide which are ISTjs, if any.

The story is that a Japanese village in the sixteenth century hires seven masterless samurai to protect it from bandit raids. The samurai detailed here are excluding those who are definitely not ISTjs.

Kambei epitomises compassion, integrity and selflessness. Kambei throws away his samurai dignity by cutting off his topknot, an unspeakable act in those times, in order to rescue a boy from a thief for no reward. He is also the one who accepts the mission of the villagers – to defend a village from forty bandits for no pay apart from three meals of rice each day, and must find six other samurai to stand a chance against the bandits. He is a skilled swordsman. He is also modest, thoughtful and wise due to his age and battle experience.

Kyuzo is a master swordsman. Initially, he rejects Kambei’s offer of protecting a village for no reward because Kyuzo is not interested in killing and wishes only to perfect his skill at swordsmanship. However, he returns later on to fight. Kyuzo is serious, and does not speak much; he has very few lines in the entire film. However, he is not completely stone-faced as he can be seen laughing and smiling at certain points. He is very brave, going out on all authorised missions. He does not brag but simply goes about his duties. When one of the villagers wants to steal a gun from the bandits (which would deprive the bandits of a tactical advantage because it was still an era of swords and spears), Kyuzo goes instead. He says nothing about it except “Killed two” before going off somewhere to sleep. He offers to save his rice for an old grandmother, and keeps an affair secret.

Gorobei is a skilled samurai who accepts the mission not because of compassion for the villagers but because he is fascinated by Kambei. He is kind, optimistic, smart, and likes children. He is loyal and, in terms of fighting skill, quite adequate.

Heihachi is found enthusiastically chopping wood for food. He later jokingly describes himself as a “fencer of the Wood Cut School”. He is cheerful, polite, kind, sensitive, and enjoys a good joke. He tries to help others when he knows that they have an unresolved problem. As a fighter, he is a little lacking, however.

Shichiroji is an old friend of Kambei, and thus has a bond with Kambei that needs no words. He has an analytical mind, seeing through a selfish ruse by a villager, and is also quite selfless because he signs up to help the villagers immediately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could see that as well...

but the The Emperor in Star Wars?
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The justification for the Emperor being an ISTj probably comes from his determination and ruthlessness.

On another note, I've just seen To Kill a Mockingbird and I think that the theory of Atticus Finch being an ISTj deserves some thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, I've just seen To Kill a Mockingbird and I think that the theory of Atticus Finch being an ISTj deserves some thought.
    I definitely agree with you there.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is Atticus Finch an ISTj?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is Atticus Finch an ISTj?
    Yes, I believe so.

I also think Gregor Mendel is another real life example of an ISTJ (LSI).

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?...regor%20Mendel
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad's an ISTJ...what a messed up type that is!
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a off-topic question, but I'd like your opinions on how I come across on these forums. This is kind of to do with the idea of type and 'internet personality'. By 'how I come across', I mean whether I come across as being overly blunt or abrupt, polite, too negative, too positive, normal, nice, serious, humorous etc. I will not take personal offence at any replies (remember, I'm ISTj ) so please be brutally honest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I've got to work on showing a bit more patience on the internet. But in real life, I'm a patient guy ... Perhaps it's because I am to the point.

Thank you, anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could I ask why Mace Windu is an ISTj?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had another idea - what about Obi-Wan Kenobi as being an ISTj?

Creepy-Paul

I would think that the Emperor in Star Wars is actually an MBTI INTJ. The same with Morpheus and Agent Smith.

Paul MBTI INTJ Socionics INTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Sam Fischer (main character in Splinter cell) an ISTj, too?
    me

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, Morpheus is a pretty clear-cut ISTj: he posseses a deep-founded belief in an ideal based solely on his faith in particular teachings, and would die for said beliefs; seems pretty ISTjish to me.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Nah, Morpheus is a pretty clear-cut ISTj: he posseses a deep-founded belief in an ideal based solely on his faith in particular teachings, and would die for said beliefs; seems pretty ISTjish to me.
    You may be right, but I normally wouldn’t think an S would say something like "What is real? If reality is what you can taste, feel, hear, and smell, then real is just electrical signals interpreted by the brain." Although, maybe he is quoting some INTJ or INTP.

Paul MBTI INTJ Socionics INTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gordon freeman is most definitley INTJ, I dont think he's INTP. If you check his face it has major INTJ in the eyes. Any other ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a few more suggestions:

Firstly, what about characters from Star Wars? Why is Mace Windu an ISTj? Additionally, I thought maybe Obi-wan Kenobi could be ISTj as well.

Secondly, why isn't Li Mu Bai (the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon guy who owns the sword) an ISTj?

Thirdly, what about Sam Fisher? Does anybody have any views?

Five

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little addition: Could Yu Shu Lien (Li Mu Bai's lover) also be an ISTj?

Five

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typing fictional characters is fun, but I'd advise against using them as templates for typing real people. Some fictional characters may well be good representations of types, but others will be mixtures of types since authors often invent characters based on composites of real people, usually with little consistency.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point taken, Expat, but are the characters in the list and my proposals good representations?

Five

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me put it this way -- personally I see no reason to think that the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi, as portrayed in the Star Wars films, could not be an ISTj.

Not sure about the others.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way is Morpheus an ISTj. I think his beliefs are so strong because he isn't the type to be dogmatic under normal circumstances.

He's also pretty sanguine, and his social skills aren't really lacking, and he's always pretty calm and collective. I'd guess INFj for Morpheus. I mean, come on. Watch the scene in the second movie when he makes that speech in the cave. Could an ISTj ever make a speech like that?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this helps:

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Morpheus is a pretty clear-cut ISTj: he posseses a deep-founded belief in an ideal based solely on his faith in particular teachings, and would die for said beliefs; seems pretty ISTjish to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think what is throwing them off is that the actor who plays him is not istj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Guess ya'll could add Severus Snape from Harry Potter to the ISTj list
    I'd agree with that, at least from the movies (haven't read the books).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts about the other people that I listed?

Five

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some quick questions. I'd really appreciate your help on these:

Do ISTjs have good spatial awareness?
    What leadership style do ISTjs display?
    How do ISTjs come across to others (pointing out a famous ISTj would help)?

Five

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I've just got one more question. I would appreciate it if people could reply to this question because I'm still finding out about my type. I would also appreciate my other questions being answered, but I'm not so bothered about them.

My question is this:

This is a list of fictional ISTjs -
    Morpheus (The Matrix)
    Agent Smith (The Matrix)
    Mace Windu (Star Wars)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars)
    The Emperor (Star Wars)
    Principal Skinner (The Simpsons)
    Master Chief John-117 (Halo computer game series)
    Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)

Could somebody please tell me what makes these people ISTj? When I asked about famous ISTjs, people gave me this list but didn't explain WHY these people are ISTj. Finding out why these people are ISTj would really help with my overall self-knowledge and confidence, so could somebody please help me?

Thank you in advance

Five

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast