Thread: Some examples of famous/celebrity LSIs-ISTjs

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Mr. T seems SLE, probably Hogan too. They have a purposely intimating image that seems odd for an LSE. I think most EII's would agree that they wouldn't feel "safe" around them
    And I think most IEIs would say that they would feel embarrassed and pathetic around them. They're both goons who take their personalities to the extreme for the sake of TV, so obviously you aren't going to get perfect "dual vibes" from them.

They both have a very deliberate, straightforward "I'm gonna kick your ass into gear!" approach that is much more Te than Se, IMO; the Se version of this is much more subtle; less direct, more implicit.

I think these people may be LSI's

Christian Bale
    I could see that. He's definitely some 3. ILE is possible as well, though.

Russell Crowe
    I've thought SEE.

Catherine Zeta Jones
    Not going there I used to think so, too, but now I think ESE is probably more likely.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Here's a celebrity LSI typing that I doubt many will agree with (at first... until, as in the past, people start thinking about it and then reconsidering it... And then agreeing with it.)

* Johnny Depp = LSI

For LSI:
    * his wife, Vanessa Paradis, is ENFj
    * his ex-gf, kate moss, is ENFj
    * his ex, winona ryder, is beta NF
    * his most frequent creative partner, Tim Burton, is (probably, haven't investigated enough to say for sure,) Ni-ENFj
    Depp is SEI, IMO. Burton has a flair for Si in his movies that I would be surprised to see from an EIE; IMO he is either ILE or IEI, leaning the former.

This is not an Fe dominant:

Notice how his eye expression is constant despite the changing faces, almost "stale." That's not an Fe dominant; probably not an ethical type.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    This is not an Fe dominant:

Notice how his eye expression is constant despite the changing faces, almost "stale." That's not an Fe dominant; probably not an ethical type.
    (That's the photo you use to show he's not Fe..? The one where he's grimacing like a cripple..?)

Honestly, in that, he looks pretty typical of the more flat, less outwardly expressive, Ni-ENFj gaze/demeanor... Dennis Hopper is a good celebrity example of a similar gaze/demeanor.

To be honest, Burton could also pass for Fe-INFp in those photos, (e.g. Anthony Kiedis,) but I've seen several interviews now, and it's pretty clear from his intonations and gestures that he's Ej>Ip.

Honestly, I've gotten to know too many of these people in real life (Ni-ENFjs) to harbor illusions about "stale" faces meaning one thing or another, etc. I've seen--and known--staler-faced (as to "seen," Christopher Walken comes to mind) Fe dominants.

If you're interested in seeing accurate photos of various Socionics types' demeanors/gazes (unfortunately not by subtype,) this older Russian photo-gallery is still the best, (i.e. most mistake free
    SOCIONICS: Functions, Types, Tests

To get a typing correct, rather than analyze gaze/demeanor alone, I've found it helpful to look into: What themes run through the person's work..? What functions are manifested in it? Who has the person had close relationships with..? What are their types? In other words: studying the real life applications of their functions can lead to getting a typing (more) correct.

...As to Johnny Depp as LSI...

From his relationships, I see that he likes Fe... (Mostly from ENFjs.) From his movies I see that he appreciates Fe and Ni, and beta quadra values in general (Se is usually prominent...) Movie like From Hell, Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands--all beta movies.

(As to him being, potentially, SEI: I do not detect and appreciation for or application of Si--at all. Far from being a dominant function, it never even enters into the equation.)

This is not to say you are wrong in your perceptions. They're accurate. E.g. I agree that Burton's gaze/demeanor is more "stale" than, say, mine, ours... But we need not relegate him to another quadra, or a 'logical' type... Especially in the face of such evidence.

Each type encompasses a broad spectrum of gazes/demeanors, the poles of which can look quite different from each other... Until one builds up sufficient experience with a types' many different variants, it's best to delve further into work/relationship bio, etc, to get the typing correct. (E.g. Hulk Hogan's, Mr. T's, Johnny Depp's, Tim Burton's, etc.)
    Last edited by JuJu; 11-18-2009 at 02:47 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marie84,

Good calls!!

Christian Bale and C. Zeta-Jones are LSI, for sure... I haven't looked into the other two enough to know with any certainty, but I will check into them.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I can see a potential comparison between Burton and Marilyn Manson.

Still not sure though...I see a lot of Si emphasis in most of his work.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do too. Manson is another Ni-ENFj.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE>IEI for Manson, for sure.

Have you seen Burton's films? Don't you agree there's a lot of Si focus, especially in Sweeny Todd and Nightmare Before Christmas?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE>IEI for Manson, for sure.

Have you seen Burton's films? Don't you agree there's a lot of Si focus, especially in Sweeny Todd and Nightmare Before Christmas?
    Honestly, I would say that there is almost zero Si focus, aside from that Sweeney Todd is a barber, lol... It's about a murderer, song & dance, and macabre/garish fin-de-siecle London scenery... It stars two betas... The people I know who really liked it were betas. (I can't see alphas getting into it as much.)

What do you see that's Si..?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought there seemed like a lot of emphasis on making the town into this cohesive dark environment that struck me as very Si focused. It was an aspect that I thoroughly enjoyed, and it made the movie what it was, but it seemed very focused on that Si sense of how the environment overlays the story and makes it seem "even moreso" what the story tells.

Also, in Nightmare Before Christmas, the whole emphasis on the "small town" feel of Jack's world, and the particular style of claymation struck me as focused on a particular brand of Si: the focus on Jack's edgewise movements, the intentionally quirky designs of structures and environments, and the overall "light darkness" feel to the movie make me think Alpha.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juju also thinks I'm LSI, btw...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I think most IEIs would say that they would feel embarrassed and pathetic around them. They're both goons who take their personalities to the extreme for the sake of TV, so obviously you aren't going to get perfect "dual vibes" from them.
    Couldn't this be a negative aspect of Fe seeking though? It doesn't seem all that rare for SLE's to do sensationalistic things for attention (i.e Madonna).

They both have a very deliberate, straightforward "I'm gonna kick your ass into gear!" approach that is much more Te than Se, IMO; the Se version of this is much more subtle; less direct, more implicit.
    "I'm gonna kick your ass into gear!" Te>Se? This is the exact opposite of what Se PoLR types want

"Types that value Se are much more comfortable with direct behavior aimed at making an immediate impact. This may at times be perceived as abrasive, particularly by types who do not value Se.There is usually a competitive edge to this style of group interaction, resulting in a more intense atmosphere than that of Si-valuing quadras. They appreciate contemplating possibilities only if they feel like they stand to gain something from it, or it has a perceived potential impact on "the real world"."-link

I could see that. He's definitely some 3. ILE is possible as well, though.
    His type seemed to show itself in the infamous Youtube video that's all over the web. It's not so much the anger, but the choice of words he uses that seem particularly TiSe, it's reminiscent of things my LSI father says when he gets P.O.ed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DP guy is an IEE for causing a random interruption due to a lack of organization; he seems to be very apologetic and scared, but Bale continues on for a good 3-4 minutes ranting away like a broken record

I've thought SEE.

Not going there I used to think so, too, but now I think ESE is probably more likely.
    They seem pretty calm and composed for SEE and ESE, though I've only seem them in a few interview so it's not impossible
    Last edited by Marie84; 11-19-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't this be a negative aspect of Fe seeking though? It doesn't seem all that rare for SLE's to do sensationalistic things for attention (i.e Madonna).

"I'm gonna kick your ass into gear!" Te>Si? This is the exact opposite of what Se PoLR types want

"Types that value Se are much more comfortable with direct behavior aimed at making an immediate impact. This may at times be perceived as abrasive, particularly by types who do not value Se.There is usually a competitive edge to this style of group interaction, resulting in a more intense atmosphere than that of Si-valuing quadras. They appreciate contemplating possibilities only if they feel like they stand to gain something from it, or it has a perceived potential impact on "the real world"."-link

His type seemed to show itself in the infamous Youtube video that's all over the web. infamous rant It's not so much the anger, but the choice of words he uses that seem particularly TiSe, it's reminiscent of things my LSI father says when he gets P.O.ed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DP guy is an IEE for causing a random interruption due to a lack of organization; he seems to be very apologetic and scared, but Bale continues on for a good 3-4 minutes ranting away like a broken record

They seem pretty calm and composed for SEE and ESE, though I've only seem them in a few interview so it's not impossible
    When ISTj's are working, they really hate to be bothered at all angles. Personally I've also got assed out at times by ISTj when I disrupted their worked. It is one thing they just don't compromise and will lose control like that. I won't be surprised if bale is an E-1 Sp.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That little haphazard tirade of Bale's only solidifies just how lacking he is in Se. Childishly bullying hollywood underlings because you did too much coke and couldn't bust a nut in the trailor before shooting the sex scene, hardly constitutes using "force" in your environment; he's just another privileged brat throwing a temper tantrum.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    That little haphazard tirade of Bale's only solidifies just how lacking he is in Se. Childishly bullying hollywood underlings because you did too much coke and couldn't bust a nut in the trailor before shooting the sex scene, hardly constitutes using "force" in your environment; he's just another privileged brat throwing a temper tantrum.
    LOL!

He's your activity relation and he probably could've used those words during that rant... He would've thought, "you know what? Nick is right." Looked to the poor asshole he's bullying, and said, "Sorry, I'm being a dick." Then pressed on, as LSIs do.

You are right in your perceptions... But try to find Nicholas Cage (an ENTp,) or god help us Steve ever acting that way... You'd have to kill their families! (or something like that, maybe their cats.) The 'big fuckin freak-out' is pretty characteristic of LSI... I've heard it in person many times.

P.S. Gilly -- Si usually manifests itself = hominess/quirkiness, whether at home or work, or in whatever environment/a desire for that environment... E.g. in the 'longing for home' in umpteen Steve Spielberg movies, or in movies like The Money Pit, (starring Tom Hanks,) where the comedy is in how many household, technical things go wrong.

I agree with what you're describing about The Nightmare Before Christmas. I ascribe that to Ni imagination, which often seems to turn toward the macabre (every 'ghost hunters' type show/most horror movies are full of betas, and that's telling,) + Fe, which is good w/ manifesting a feeling, whether it's the atmosphere in Marilyn Manson's songs, or in Burton's scenery for Nightmare Before Christmas.
    Last edited by JuJu; 11-19-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick, you just think too much.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL!

He's your activity relation and he probably could've used those words during that rant... He would've thought, "you know what? Nick is right." Looked to the poor asshole he's bullying, and said, "Sorry, I'm being a dick." Then pressed on, as LSIs do.
    Regardless of how he would react to being called on out the brat that he is, I still don't think his manner of going about the whole thing had any Se quality to it whatsoever. There was no subtlety in the leverage, no significant affect outside of the histrionic yelps; he seemed like a child slap-fighting.

You are right in your perceptions... But try to find Nicholas Cage (an ENTp,) or god help us Steve ever acting that way... You'd have to kill their families! (or something like that, maybe their cats.) The 'big fuckin freak-out' is pretty characteristic of LSI... I've heard it in person many times.
    Just because other ILEs might not act that way, doesn't mean he's LSI. It's about how one expresses themselves in action, not the actions chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Nick, you just think too much.
    That's what the voices told me.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of how he would react to being called on out the brat that he is, I still don't think his manner of going about the whole thing had any Se quality to it whatsoever. There was no subtlety in the leverage, no significant affect outside of the histrionic yelps; he seemed like a child slap-fighting.
    Yeah he did... He's a bitch. In that tantrum he was acting like a little bitch... The quality of 'being a little bitch' seems to cut across all biopsychosocial boundaries.

I agree with what you said, type is "in how one expresses" their personality... I guess we just disagree on this guy's type... I know you've typed him like that for a long time too, so maybe there's no use arguing it.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he did... He's a bitch. In that tantrum he was acting like a little bitch... The quality of 'being a little bitch' seems to cut across all biopsychosocial boundaries.
    Yeah, I don't think him being a bitch is what precludes Se ego. For example, I've seen a good deal of female beta STs act bitchy, but there is always a distinct quality to the way they go about pushing people.

I agree with what you said, type is "in how one expresses" their personality... I guess we just disagree on this guy's type... I know you've typed him like that for a long time too, so maybe there's no use arguing it.
    It's not like I'm immutable on his type; I just have yet to see any compelling evidence for something other than Ti-ILE. Given that we agree on the personality expression, I suppose I'm curious what specific qualities you thought were manifest in his.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok cool... If you're open-minded, I'll try to find stuff and post it here. (Could be that I come to a different conclusion as well, about his type--I try to be open-minded like you.) Off the top of my head, the way he expresses himself/his demeanor/gaze reminds me of another person I've typed as Se-ISTj, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

(STrange, I just found this interview in which they ask Roethlisberger who should play him in a movie and he says "Christian Bale.")

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colin Salmon (Ti)

Kevin McKidd (Ti)

Stacey Dash (Ti)

Natasha Hensdrige (Ti)

Amber Valletta (?)

Diane Kruger (Se)

Richard Burgi (Se)

Stephen Dorff (Se)

Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Se)

Sam Worthington (Se)
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 11-30-2009 at 02:52 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More good calls, DeAnte

The ones I've checked so far are ISTjs... I think that you may have at least one of subtypes reversed, (Colin Salmon is the one I'm looking at...)

Thanks for this!!

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were to question the subtypes of any of them, which would be perfectly fine and I somewhat anticipated, I wouldn't have thought anyone would have chose Salmon.

He seems a too self contained to be an Se sub. And he just looks so much more similar to the Ti subs imo.

Ti-ISTj Michael Jordan for comparison.

Last edited by duality is cringe; 11-21-2009 at 03:01 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was indeed childish but I still don't see how that would deter from Se.
    ILE's would have a difficult time being so openly aggressive, they usually tend to tell people off by shouting out insulting quips in a comical matter and back down as soon as someone "bigger" than them threatens physical confrontation

When ISTj's are working, they really hate to be bothered at all angles. Personally I've also got assed out at times by ISTj when I disrupted their worked. It is one thing they just don't compromise and will lose control like that. I won't be surprised if bale is an E-1 Sp.
    Seriously. I think it's the downside of having an Intuition PoLR.
    LSE's with their Ni PoLR seem to get similarly frustrated when they have something planned-out, and than someone causes an interruption which leaves them frustrated as to what to do next.
    Preplanning seems to be the safety blanket of Ni/Ne PoLRs
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously. I think it's the downside of having an Intuition PoLR.
    LSE's with their Ni PoLR seem to get similarly frustrated when they have something planned-out, and than someone causes an interruption which leaves them frustrated as to what to do next.
    Preplanning seems to be the safety blanket of Ni/Ne PoLRs
    The reason why I am dual with LSI is that I hate to be disrupted like that as well, and I can even explode like Bale can at times, because like him, when the Betas rational Work, their problem is that they are fully immersed into what they are doing, hence such a little thing can cause big sensitivity issue. With LSE, we work differently, me and them don't get too close, and we both know that our minds work in a much different way, but it doesn't mean that we don't see each other selfish as well, depending on who is in charge of we usually go by each others plan. Maybe you can describe how LSE works well with you and not LSI, I think you really know what you are talking about.

1)

2)

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth. I guess it makes them feel better. *shrug*
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok cool... If you're open-minded, I'll try to find stuff and post it here. (Could be that I come to a different conclusion as well, about his type--I try to be open-minded like you.) Off the top of my head, the way he expresses himself/his demeanor/gaze reminds me of another person I've typed as Se-ISTj, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

(STrange, I just found this interview in which they ask Roethlisberger who should play him in a movie and he says "Christian Bale.")
    That's interesting – I previously typed Roethlisberger as Ti-ESTp but could see points made for Se-ISTj. Not really sure if and how he compares to Bale, though.

It was indeed childish but I still don't see how that would deter from Se.
    ILE's would have a difficult time being so openly aggressive, they usually tend to tell people off by shouting out insulting quips in a comical matter and back down as soon as someone "bigger" than them threatens physical confrontation
    I already stated that the childishness isn't what precluded Se. It was the completely haphazard lack of subtlety he employed when pushing people around. No Se-ego is that careless when it comes to dealing with environmental boundaries and leverage.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw I think Christian Bale is probably my identical. I relate a lot to his self-presentation and acting style; the brand of formality he naturally portrays is very similar to my most natural form and roles in acting.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already stated that the childishness isn't what precluded Se. It was the completely haphazard lack of subtlety he employed when pushing people around. No Se-ego is that careless when it comes to dealing with environmental boundaries and leverage.
    This is completely not true, his anger is induced by his immersion to his work. ego can be very careless in the eyes of intuitive people, his explosion is a good example of ISTj's 's hidden agenda, something we all protect, that is where his frustration stems from, the guy who messed him up did not know the consequences he induced which caused bale to react his scenes again. Bale being ILE is laughable.

1)

2)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is completely not true, his anger is induced by his immersion to his work. ego can be very careless in the eyes of intuitive people, his explosion is a good example of ISTj's 's hidden agenda, something we all protect, that is where his frustration stems from, the guy who messed him up did not know the consequences he induced which caused bale to react his scenes again. Bale being ILE is laughable.
    Is this supposed to be serious? He displayed "weak Ni" by getting mad at a guy for inducing unforeseen consequences, and thus, made an idiot of himself? gee, how compelling.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, Strnng I know you are going to go on at this forever if I don't ever stop, Your is something you protect so much, It is not I think you don't know this theory well, but your analyzation alters the reality of what the truth is. I think what is beneficial for you is if you can step back and not use your own already form judgment to observe socionics.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this supposed to be serious? He displayed "weak Ni" by getting mad at a guy for inducing unforeseen consequences, and thus, made an idiot of himself? gee, how compelling.
    But he isn't thinking about looking like a idiot at the time he exploded, he was thinking about how the guy fucked up his scene.

In July 2008, Bale had an angry tirade on the sets of Terminator Salvation, while filming in New Mexico.[66] In February 2009, the audio recording of the incident was released.[67][68] The tirade was directed at Shane Hurlbut, director of photography for the film. According to Bale, Hurlbut had, for the second time, ruined his concentration by walking into his line of sight during a scene.[66][69][70] The recording is of a highly agitated Bale directing profanities at Hurlbut, threatening and belittling him, and finally threatening to quit the film if Hurlbut repeated his offence without being fired for it.[69] It was reported that Warner film executives sent the tape to the insurer of the film in case Bale decided to quit the movie.[71] In an interview with E! Online, assistant director and producer of Terminator Salvation, Bruce Franklin, said it was an isolated incident. "If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove...It was the most emotional scene in the movie," said Franklin. "And for him to get stopped in the middle of it. He is very intensely involved in his character. He didn't walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed."[72]

After remaining silent for most of the week, Bale gave a public apology on 6 February 2009, to a Los Angeles radio station, KROQ. He stated that the outburst was "inexcusable" and that it was motivated by the day's shooting intensity.[81] Bale said he "acted like a punk", and that he and Hurlbut talked after the incident and "resolved this completely".[82] Bale acknowledged that the two worked together for several hours after the incident, and "at least a month after that". He noted, "I've seen a rough cut of the movie and he has done a wonderful job. It looks fantastic."[82]
    Last edited by 07490; 11-20-2009 at 07:25 AM.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would have been so easy for you, an INFp to see that, not a Weak hidden agenda, the farrest they can take this is how stupid that guy was by not knowing this has just cause him to replay this scene for the third time, for an strong like you, yea they will think about the Long long term consequences like someone actually recorded his action then gets him back fire and how he will look, ISTj doesn't have that strong of intuition. his apology afterward shows that he values since it is obvious at that point he went over the top.

1)

2)

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soundwave

Germany National Team

ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tbh sounds like he displayed hatred for another person's lack of Si.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically LSIs will go stir up a bunch of trouble, and watch people flock to their cause? Calculating bunch, them LSIs.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But he isn't thinking about looking like a idiot at the time he exploded, he was thinking about how the guy fucked up his scene.
    Of course he wasn't thinking about it; if he was, he may not not have done it so blindly.

It would have been so easy for you, an INFp to see that, not a Weak hidden agenda, the farrest they can take this is how stupid that guy was by not knowing this has just cause him to replay this scene for the third time, for an strong like you, yea they will think about the Long long term consequences like someone actually recorded his action then gets him back fire and how he will look, ISTj doesn't have that strong of intuition. his apology afterward shows that he values since it is obvious at that point he went over the top.
    So, now you're saying he has weak Ni because he didn't think about the potential consequences of bitching the guy out? I don't think that's Ni related; I think it's him being immature and thoughtless; plenty of people lose foresight when anger overtakes them.

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    So basically LSIs will go stir up a bunch of trouble, and watch people flock to their cause? Calculating bunch, them LSIs.
    lol
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, now you're saying he has weak Ni because he didn't think about the potential consequences of bitching the guy out?
    I think he reacted in the moment, you claimed that No ego would not be as careless as he is and I think that is extremely false.

1)

2)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tbh sounds like he displayed hatred for another person's lack of Si.
    This makes me understand why you type the guy that way. This and what you wrote about Tim Burton and Si (vs. what I attributed to Ni.)

I think we'd have to discuss the nuances of 'what exactly is Si vs. what exactly are the other IM elements' to reach an agreement on this typing.

I see this tirade as typical of (beta base) Ti's desire to have everything organized, in an expected order, and under (the beta Ti base's) control. When things don't go as Bale expects (Ti desire for proper organization/control,) he reacts with Se (force/aggression/intimidation.)

Re: Se in this case

Honestly, I can't see what other IM element one can attribute such a long rant to--calling this poor guy various names, etc. The aggressive outburst is Se's calling card--in particular, it's Se + Ti's 'par for the course.'

With LSIs, (in particular Se-LSIs,) when something's important to them, and requires (as most important things do for them,) a certain organization/clear dliniation of roles, e.g. in this case, 'I'm the actor and I need everything in its proper, expected order to act well'--to have something unexpected and out of order happen can trigger an LSI's Ti ('desire to organize/control the given situation) + the LSI's creative Se, resulting in either a tantrum or aggression/intimidation.

Personally, I've experienced this from Se-LSIs. They're easily appeased by Ni + Fe and calm right down.

E.g. my ESTp Mom is just as guilty of these tirades, e.g. "you didn't call the doctor..? BUT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CALL TODAY?! WOW..! YOU REALLY CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! At ALL!! Ugh... NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO DO IT!!! ...YOU KNOW? I HAD PLANS! NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO SPEND MY TIME DOING THIS!"

Do you see how that reaction could be a mix of Ti's desire for organization/control (i.e. things going as SHE expected them to,) and Se's manipulation by force?

With my Fe, I'll smile and calmly say, (Ni foresight,) "Don't worry Mom... I can do it a little while later. The time--it doesn't matter what time I call. Trust me. I'll get it done." And all will be right with the world again.

What the camera guy in this situation should have done--to shut Bale right up--is smiled at him, told him not to worry, that there will be another take, that he's a great actor and will get it right... And that would've been it... That's how an ENFj would've calmed his ass down. (Alternately, the ENFj could've matched his Se with Fe--emotional shouting match.)

(For further comparison--can you imagine how an ISFp would've reacted to that tirade??)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't think an EIE could have stopped him; I think the only way someone could have quelled his rage would be to appear threatened or intimidated, in which case he would have simply stopped and moved on, because that's what he was trying to do. Trying to console him would probably just be inflammatory; he was either going to get the result he wanted, or vent everything on the guy.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he reacted in the moment, you claimed that No ego would not be as careless as he is and I think that is extremely false.
    So, is reacting in the moment indicative of Se-ego now? I said he was careless in imposing environmental leverage, and that no Se ego would exhibit such a trait. And I stand by it.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    E.g. my ESTp Mom is just as guilty of these tirades, e.g. "you didn't call the doctor..? BUT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CALL TODAY?! WOW..! YOU REALLY CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! At ALL!! Ugh... NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO DO IT!!! ...YOU KNOW? I HAD PLANS! NOW I'M GONNA HAVE TO SPEND MY TIME DOING THIS!"

Do you see how that reaction could be a mix of Ti's desire for organization/control (i.e. things going as SHE expected them to,) and Se's manipulation by force?
    Didn't you previously type your mom as ESFj? That sounds exactly like something my ESFj mom would say, and reeks of EJ temperament (hyper-active control) and Si-valuing (control is imposed on the continuity in the environment; this coupled with Ni polr makes for the overly-anxious quality expressed when something seems "out of rhythm" in the procession of things). I am hard pressed to conceive of an Se-valuing EP getting so worked up over perceiving a lack of self-maintenance and temporal organization in a person.
    4w3-5w6-8w7