Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my type

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my type

lsi, sli, ili, sle, lse, or ile? I don't really know. I've been trying really hard to understand my actions lately, but it doesn't really make sense. I am very demanding person in all facets of my life. I have a really hard time understanding my talents and abilities and see every opportunity as one for improvement. If I complete one task I automatically start questioning myself whether I should pursue the task/interest further. And really wondering if it's an area in which I am skilled. This invades my professional/social/personal choices.

An old friend called me recently and we were talking about getting together and near the end of our conversation he says, "well, it's really good to hear from you, heath." My face formed a sneer. I said, "Yeah, it's good to hear from you, too..." But after that-- it wasn't so good to hear from him.

I don't know what is pertinent. I'm trying not to spin any of my explanations in the direction of a specific type.
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

istj imho

i see your opinions/attitudes on life as similar to mine in many things, but i think we act on those opinions/attitudes in very differnt ways
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    istj imho

i see your opinions/attitudes on life as similar to mine in many things, but i think we act on those opinions/attitudes in very differnt ways
    I've noticed this as well. We're secret lovers. No, but in all seriousness, I did notice this at some point. We are mirrors that is certain. We just have to be sure which mirrors.
    asd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry heath, I have trouble seeing you as my dual. It seems there is a much bigger chance of us being in the opposite quadras.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I'm sorry heath, I have trouble seeing you as my dual. It seems there is a much bigger chance of us being in the opposite quadras.
    ewww i actually see you and him as perfect match!

I've noticed this as well. We're secret lovers. No, but in all seriousness, I did notice this at some point. We are mirrors that is certain. We just have to be sure which mirrors.
    To me you give a different vibe than the ILIs around here. Less verbose and more edgy. Like you're holding back being an aggressor

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heath-y is Beta?

You sure you can handle us? You seemed quite proud of your ISTp status a while back and did the whole unfeeling, cruel, ... act?

I dunno. You still seem ISTp to me.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole structured/diciplined/somewhat intolerant/hidden goofy side all fit ISTj well. I could definitely see that as the strongest possibility of all the types. Your posts exude in your search for a balanced life but that could also fit under the ISTj need for structure. [I have a difficult time seeing you as an irrational type or an extrovert which discards all of the Si-ego block types] I agree with FDG about the aggressor tendencies.

Plus, you remind me a lot of my ISTj father. Freud must've been right. j/k.
    IEI subtype

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seem way too into personal responsibility and such to be ISTp, not to be dissing ISTps or anything. like you seem like the model student/dad/etc. rational, too. and i could also see you as FDG's mirror.

agreed w/ vague for all the reasons she outlined.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ack! Fi is an ISTp value. ISTps can be very responsible. And my husband is a model husband and dad. Though he was not a model student back in the day.

Heath could easily be an ISTp. Or he could be some other introverted thinking type. He doesn't open up much here so it's hard to say from his posts.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i felt dumb after saying that! i think heathie talks a lot about responsibility and being cautious etc more than you typically hear out of ISTps, though. i don't mean to say that ISTps can't be super responsible (like you have pointed out, your husband = model student, dad, etc. not all ISTps are adrenaline-junky types.) he also seems to have a ton of respect for authority and discipline which i just associate more with types than types (i think rocky has pointed this out, too.)
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Ack! Fi is an ISTp value. ISTps can be very responsible. And my husband is a model husband and dad. Though he was not a model student back in the day.

Heath could easily be an ISTp. Or he could be some other introverted thinking type. He doesn't open up much here so it's hard to say from his posts.
    This is why I think he gives off a cold, ISTp vibe.

Based on my other thread (seeing as the general consensus SO FAR, is that I'm ENFj, do you really think he could be my Dual? )

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my husband has no love of authority. I don't think any deltas are into authority. Hey Heath, what is your feeling about following authority figures, doing what you're told, etc?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux

This is why I think he gives off a cold, ISTp vibe.

Based on my other thread (seeing as the general consensus SO FAR, is that I'm ENFj, do you really think he could be my Dual? )
    You 2 should get married. Already starting to argue like a good enfj istj couple...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my husband has no love of authority. I don't think any deltas are into authority. Hey Heath, what is your feeling about following authority figures, doing what you're told, etc?
    I like and trust authority figures, as long as they don't abuse their positions.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I like and trust authority figures, as long as they don't abuse their positions.
    Really? I kinda dislike them. Not until they prove that they're not acting all "high & mighty"

Eh.. I remember one of heath's post on the delta forum, that kinda made me think ISTj. But I dunno.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought you were IXTj or possibly ISTp.
    Whatever type is witty and cold.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

based on some of the things you have posted i have always seen you as SLI.

you have championed some ideas that to me seem very Si-oriented. they are scattered throughout a number of old threads, so i will not attempt to find them, but i think some of them are very telling. for instance, there was one time that you bashed those that ponder extensively about the nature as god, instead championing more hands-on and productive activities, which is, in my estimation, very clearly the antithesis of Ni philosophical thought. by itself this is inconclusive, but there are a number of other examples in which i recall similar behavior which i unfortunately cannot remember very well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI. dont see ILI really. your sense of humor seems different than ILI, who's more sarcastic than you.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    for instance, there was one time that you bashed those that ponder extensively about the nature as god, instead championing more hands-on and productive activities, which is, in my estimation, very clearly the antithesis of Ni philosophical thought..
    I completely agree with him on that I don't think it shows clear signs of Si, probably only sensing over intuition.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hunch is Si, possibly a negativist
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOT an ISTj ... agh, just does not have the "vibe" and I know many ISTjs!

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    for instance, there was one time that you bashed those that ponder extensively about the nature as god, instead championing more hands-on and productive activities, which is, in my estimation, very clearly the antithesis of Ni philosophical thought..
    I completely agree with him on that I don't think it shows clear signs of Si, probably only sensing over intuition.
    i didn't say that; i think it does demonstrate Si. i have a hard time seeing an LSI act the way he has.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    NOT an ISTj ... agh, just does not have the "vibe" and I know many ISTjs!
    you just have to know more of them :]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    or grumpy and mean. It's all a matter of perception. More often than anyone else, heath has insinuated that I'm one of those shallow giggling girls. Perception. And quadra should have an effect in this, especially duality.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

or grumpy and mean. It's all a matter of perception. More often than anyone else, heath has insinuated that I'm one of those shallow giggling girls. Perception. And quadra should have an effect in this, especially duality.
    I don't perceive him as grumpy and mean, so you might have a point. I think he is funny and mostly right on.
    My guess is ISTp.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    I don't perceive him as grumpy and mean, so you might have a point. I think he is funny and mostly right on.
    My guess is ISTp.
    ENFp #2 who finds him funny and mostly right on.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BAH. He's so painfully ISTj you ENFs always have to contradict everything!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree he's funny. But I find niffweed funny too.
    Not sure about heath's type. lol.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

BAH. He's so painfully ISTj you ENFs always have to contradict everything!
    Where do you see an PoLR?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXACTO!!!

He IS grumpy and mean!

A lot of people find ISTjs grumpy & mean & cold but I can see through that.. it's easy to break through ISTjs... and they respond well to Fe. heath? Nah!

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. One of the reasons I could be ISTj is Fe > Fi. I have a good example- At work there is an elderly ESTp gentlemen who is always visiting his wife. He makes lots of crude negatory comments often at the expense of other people and residents. Incredibly tactless, but he has a strong sense of personal power and seems like he would do anything to get his way. Several of my co-workers get angry with him for his nasty, immoral attitude. I sort of laugh it off. How can anyone take human drama seriously? A bunch of people are mad--oh no! I don't really care if he is a bad guy because it doesn't matter to me. Fi types seem to overreact and think someone shouldn't be that cruel, but I dunno, he's a pitiful old man.

As for my thoughts on authority. It's okay. I follow the rules for the most part unless I think they are destructive. For example, at work we are supposed to use little plastic bags to move anything(linen, already clean tools, etc) in the hallways. We usually end up throwing away these bags. I refuse to throw more shit on the earth to move clean bedsheets. It would be different if I were trying to maintain sterilization. I usually follow the chain of command at work, but I don't like useless or excessive authority. In example, one of my supervisors got upset with me for switching floors with another worker, and not directly informing her about it( and getting her okay). I'm capable of making these decisions myself and there is NO chance she is going to say no. So why do I have to ask? I have things to do. This is unneccessary and I don't hide my agitation for these useless rules. But if it's an issue of work, such as a problem out of my grasp, I usually submit to the more trained employee rather than taking an unneccessary risk. I don't really require people to be nice to me about work or authority. I usually hear something I need to do and I'm already walking towards the scene before the instructions are finished. You don't have to ask politely for me to do something. I don't require thank yous, or praise.

As for my promotion of Si, or at least what seems to be commonly accepted Si-values. I take care of my health not because I love it, but because I want to keep on top of my tasks. It's a means to an end, not an end itself.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, that scenario could be interpreted a few ways.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I agree.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but --
    How can anyone take human drama seriously? A bunch of people are mad--oh no!
    if this is how he views most drama/conflict situations, then it's clearly attitude. dominants have a difficult time laughing off an offending view or what they believe to be an injustice -- they feel a sense of duty to correct or speak out against it. Or at the very least, not make light of it.
    IEI subtype

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Yes, but --
    How can anyone take human drama seriously? A bunch of people are mad--oh no!
    if this is how he views most drama/conflict situations, then it's clearly attitude. dominants have a difficult time laughing off an offending view or what they believe to be an injustice -- they feel a sense of duty to correct or speak out against it. Or at the very least, not make light of it.
    I agree! It's good that people can get upset about injustice, and there is true injustice in the world(starvation, destruction of the earth). But Fi is mostly practically applicable in hearing what someone says and saying, "OH MY GOD I DISAGREE. I'M GOING TO GET UPSET AND HATE THE PERSON." You aren't changing the world you are just being irritable and difficult.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only insinuated this because you seemed to promote the idea! I thought you were more prissy than anything else. Like you were in need a handbag fix or something
    ahahahahah
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think the issue is as simple as Fe vs. Fi. I think Se comes in to play, too. As do other factors. A logical type, for example, might be less likely to see something like that as a big deal. Also, whether a Fi type cares or does not care would depend entirely on their personal moral point of view on the matter. And a Fe type may care if someone is creating an unfavorable emotional atmosphere.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You still sound ISTp to me, Heath. The thing about authority - you say, "Authority is fine" and then explain about 6 situations where you have trouble with authority. No where do you say, "The manual says this is what we do and therefore we do it." In fact you seem to feel the opposite. "I'm not going to hurt the earth . . " And leaving an old man alone and not expecting him to fit social mores sounds not contrary at all to someone who values Fi.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And leaving an old man alone and not expecting him to fit social mores sounds not contrary at all to someone who values Fi.
    That's what I was thinking. I can picture Fi + Se types having the reaction he described (depending on the circumstances) as well as any logical type.
    SEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast