Thread: Example of Quality Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Example of Quality Discussion

Now, I really don't know about the other quadras -- but gamma is very frank about understanding and consistency. Maybe the other quadras do not enjoy articulating themselves into words the same way gamma does. (Is this even related to type? anyways... that's beside the point)

Risking my PoLR, I'd like to ask mature, confident, and self-aware members of alpha to write similar articles for their own types.

Please see

http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...er=asc&start=0

for an example about ILI.
    ILI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you want to know?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging by the subject title of the link, he seems to want: Communication with an INTj or ENTp.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Judging by the subject title of the link, he seems to want: Communication with an INTj or ENTp.
    absolutely - I should have been more specific in the original post.

ESE and SEI are all very welcome too...
    ILI

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you put forth specific questions, I will answer them.
    I am not going to generate my own context here. I don't have the time.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to understand how your type works.

1. How do you want people to start conversations?
    2. What drives you to have conversations?
    3. What makes your conversations enjoyable?
    4. What do you hope to gain out of conversations?

Please include details about thought processes and anything that you think articulates your mentality.
    ILI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a viewpoint or opinion from which I can try and logically understand or meddle.

Understanding. There is also the fact that conversations act as the external link into the societal world. It is a conventional practice or ritual that has to be performed every so often as a means to placate the laws of the unseen gods of society. I suppose this is where the ESFj, ISFp, and ENFj come into play as those priests with that divine connection to the societal god(s).

Energy, honesty, sincere interest, and alternative viewpoints to analyze and/or from which to bounce off my own ideas.

Insight. For example, when I am talking to someone about themselves, my end goal is generally to find out what makes a person tick, their motivations (including their own end goals), behavior, views, and systems of logic or ethics. I do not want to know merely what they believe, but why they believe it. It is not the words that are spoken which matter, but the words in the conversation which are unspoken and often interlaced between the spoken ones that do. In my current context of collegiate small talk, I do not care what someone studies nearly as much as why they study it and what they hope to gain out of it.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all due respect, couldn't this be applied to most types? Also, it would be amazing if you could include a couple examples of specific thought patterns like the ILI link I posted earlier (especially the second post by snakeingrass)...

I think it'd be much insightful to comment on "peculiarities" (if you are aware of them) because that would be a lot more unique.

E.g.

"by this point, the ILI wants to figure you out, so any conversation will interest him as it provides fair exchange of information."

is more insightful than

"the ILI wants to understand your perspective because he wants a decent conversation"

Don't worry about being "wrong" or too missing too many qualifiers...we can work those out later...
    ILI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vigilante
    With all due respect, couldn't this be applied to most types?
    Yes and no.

I think it'd be much insightful to comment on "peculiarities" (if you are aware of them) because that would be a lot more unique.
    Maybe. But then the War of Type-Exclusivist Quality Dominion would begin in which the INTxs would claim to have sole claims to certain type-attributed characterisistics which may in fact be shared by both.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that a person is not what they characterize themselves as heh which is perhaps why i do not have "mature" discussions as they just seem to be a bunch of shit quite frankly

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    i think that a person is not what they characterize themselves as heh which is perhaps why i do not have "mature" discussions as they just seem to be a bunch of shit quite frankly
    And often pretentious shit at that.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This depends on a lot of factors. If it is a stranger, and I’m not playing a social role, I want them to start the conversation. In group situations where I am expected to be talking, a party, I am praying to god someone will start a conversation and make it something I can talk about and stick to it. At the same time I don’t want it to be personal or inane, so that makes it difficult.

Now in social interaction situations like a party I have a real problem fulfilling the expectations of others. My other social persona, a leader or manager, I don’t have any problem. I am very extraverted and very personable. I don’t know why I can’t marry that with my other social role, I just can’t. In that role I start the conversation.

These are basically the same question to me. I engage primarily in conversation for several reasons.

To check my ideas against other peoples ideas.
    To solicit other peoples ideas.
    If the other person responds to both of those, and our ideas differ, I want to compare and contrast them.

This processes is the most important conversation I can have, as it assists me validate my ideas and get new ones. I generally have a conclusion in mind before I either talk to someone, or do research.

I engage in conversation to offer assistance. If I see someone is having a trouble, or I think there is something I can help them with I offer this information. In this case I am not doing any of the aforementioned ideas. This post is a good example.

Socially I talk to my friends about my ideas because it might interest them, as well the aforementioned reasons. Also things I think things are funny. So basically anything of interest.

Please include details about thought processes and anything that you think articulates your mentality.
    I have disdain for small talk with people I know. I find it particularly irritating when my girlfriend tries to talk to me about inane stuff. It make me less inclined to talk, not more.

I have disdain of being placed in a situation where I am expected to act a certain way socially, particularly if it involves talking to people.

I don’t talk to people who are close minded, demanding (This depends on the situation, if I placed myself in that situation then it is okay. If I did not then it is not okay.), dishonest (to include when they don’t concede when they are wrong.), or are aggressive. If someone I’m talking to does one of those things I immediately end the conversation. If they keep doing it I cut them off socially. Those people are wastes of time. And it doesn’t matter who they are. Two people on that list for my include my boss and my mother.
    INTj

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're making the same mistake countless other ILIs have.
    Learn what it is so you can stop making threads like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    i think that a person is not what they characterize themselves as
    lots and lots of room for accidental distortion when self-describing. or purposeful if you like doing that kind of thing.
    Do you mean like a self-reporting questionnaire for typing?
    INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is "too conscious" we forget that we are just beasts/machines when we do this (at least in some ways)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is "too conscious" we forget that we are just beasts/machines when we do this (at least in some ways)
    A series of conversational actions and reactions.
    Johari Box

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Similar in result to that, yes, but it doesn't just happen in questionnaires IMO. I sometimes wonder how accurate my self-perception is, don't you? Also, am I presenting myself as I really am? I try to make sure that I do, but when I say things jokingly that get taken seriously then you know, people are going to have some false information in there too without realizing it, and other such things. Maybe I accidentally inflate how well I do one thing, out of false self-perception, and downplay something else that I may actually be better at. And really I think most of us think in relative terms when describing ourselves. If we are quieter than all the people around us (no matter how loud and rowdy they are) we'll describe ourselves as a quiet person, when compared to others we may actually be quite outspoken and loud. There's no baseline, no standard, so we're all comparing with people in our environments that may be totally different than people in other environments who are being used as a comparison-tool for someone else.
    Very true, I also think that this self-perception and external perception aren't as different as we think. We often project our images of reality on other people, and things, and visa versa. I'm wondered if this is variable by person, perhaps even by their own level of extroversion or introversion.
    INTj