View Poll Results: Craig Ferguson's type?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 75.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 25.00%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Ferguson

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Craig Ferguson

He's made news because he's a late-night talk show host who says he won't make fun of Britney Spears because she's hurting and needs help. Is this Fi I see? What type do you think he is?

Here he is talking about why Britney Spears' latest crisis is off limits for him:

Here he is being interviewed about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9906RB9dbI&NR
    Last edited by silke; 07-22-2016 at 09:56 AM. Reason: updated links
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's always the strongest that must be attacked, not the weakest

i'd say that it's a rather universal maxim around anybody with a decent amount of self-respect
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know who he is, but I really like his attitude. It's rare to see someone so emphatic and understanding in showbiz these days imo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have seen IEE thrown around before, but i know almost nothing about ferguson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's INFp. In the interview he gives off an "anti-fi" vibe if anything...

"I wasn't trying to take a stance against the other guys [poking fun at Britney], what I try to do here, increasingly, is just say what I want."

He's not appealing to any personal "rules of decency" at all, it seems he just doesn't want to be an ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, but what I meant with personal rules was more something along the lines of subjectivly deduced but still universally valid moral rules, and not simply personal convictions.

I still think an fi-person would have emphasized the inherent "badness" in the actions of others if they felt strongly about the issue, something which Craig doesn't do in at least the interview clip... The other clip is loading extremely slowly for me atm, don't know if this happens to everyone or if its an issue with youtube only for those outside of the US? :S

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kopernikus
    Ok, but what I meant with personal rules was more something along the lines of subjectivly deduced but still universally valid moral rules, and not simply personal convictions.

I still think an fi-person would have emphasized the inherent "badness" in the actions of others if they felt strongly about the issue, something which Craig doesn't do in at least the interview clip... The other clip is loading extremely slowly for me atm, don't know if this happens to everyone or if its an issue with youtube only for those outside of the US? :S
    not necessarily true.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I disagree that a fi-person would have emphasized how bad others were, speaking as one myself, but perhaps I'm fooling myself. Who knows.
    Well I guess it's a tricky question. Just because Fi is prone to judgement doesn't mean it has to be condemning at the same time, even though it will probably often be percieved as such by many regardless of whether or not that was the intent.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shiver at these distinctions! A Se Ne Ti Fi Fe Te whatever person would have emphasized whatever he wanted judging by his preferences...we cannot really be so reductionistic to try to look @ functions in every situations.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I shiver at these distinctions! A Se Ne Ti Fi Fe Te whatever person would have emphasized whatever he wanted judging by his preferences...we cannot really be so reductionistic to try to look @ functions in every situations.
    Lol, I was just thinking about changing the word "judgement" to "moral judgement" or "value judgement" regarding other's actions but I guess your objection still holds... Anyways nobody's seeing what I'm getting at?

Whatever, Ferguson is still INFp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Fi could be internal ethics (what he feels is right for him) and Fe could be external ethics and morality (what society as a whole thinks should be done) - which is kind of what I was thinking, and leaves me with Fi. He might not be an Fi type, he could be something else, but I don't personally see him as an INFp either way.

OK what makes me think maybe (just maybe) ENFp are a few things. First, I see Fi, but I agree with FDG that his stance on this isn't enough to go on. Another thing is that he's a storyteller type - he takes what he sees in the news and relates it to a story in his personal life, both personally empathizing through that and trying to help other people understand it in a different way through the connection. I see that as potentially an ENFp-ish thing to do. He also has a self-depreciating sense of humor, which could fit a lot of types but one of those types is ENFp. And he just kind of strikes me as one, which is completely unscientific but then so is everything else. So nothing specifically screams ENFp, but I think everything considered as a whole leads to a good possibility of ENFp. At least ENFp seems more likely to me than anything else.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Craig Ferguson: character study

Hello, folks! I'm sorta new here (I've been lurking for a while, and didn't really have anything useful to add until now), and a friend of Krig the Viking and Currere.

Together, we have been conducting character studies using Craig Ferguson's talk show. We tend to believe that Craig is an ILE "clown" subtype that is mentioned on Wikisocion. We can confirm very similar behavioral patterns with one of Currere's close friends who is beyond a shadow of a doubt ILE Clown subtype.

To back up our claims of Ferguson's ILE-ness, I present to you a few videos from YouTube. Also, one of the interesting aspects of Craig's show is that his interviews are just random conversations. They aren't pre-scripted, they just wing it. This brings out the best in Craig, and a lot of his guests.

Here is an interview with Kristen Bell, whom we think is ESE. Being an ILE myself, I see a lot of parallels between their interaction and my interactions with ESEs. It's certainly an Activation.

Here is the unfortunate result of Craig interviewing Paris Hilton:

I think the general consensus is that she's ESI, Craig's Conflictor. Craig does a pretty good job of not freaking out and breaking her neck (I will admit, he is a stronger man than I), but the conversation never really gets off the ground. It just sits there. Perhaps that is a showing of her overall lack of intelligence, but I think it's because they couldn't find anything that interested them both.

In order to confirm the hypothesis that Craig is ILE, videos of an interview between him and an LII and an SEI should be produced. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any. YouTube isn't the most Socionics-friendly website in the world, so you can't just go and search "Craig Ferguson interviews an SEI" and get anything relevant. Also, I'm terrible at remembering specific celebrities and their names, let alone their types. If you kind folks can offer any help, please do so!

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Paris Hilton is probably SEE, actually, but your point still stands. Alpha NTs don't have good conversations with Gamma SFs.

Here's a similarly awkward interview between Ferguson and Rosie Perez, who I think is also SEE:
    Quaero Veritas.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I think Paris Hilton is probably SEE, actually, but your point still stands.
    Eww. I don't want Paris Hilton to be my semi-dual. Of course, I suppose I don't want Osama bin Laden to be my identical either, so w/e.

I totally buy Craig Ferguson as ILE. He definitely has that alpha-style humor (I think Andy Samburg is another example of that same style of random-funny. In fact, I think Conan is as well. ILEs make good comedians).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9
    I don't want Paris Hilton to be my semi-dual.
    Haha, yeah, it is a shame we can't choose who is in our various groups. Lots of people out there think ****** was ILE (Obviously I disagree, but what can you do?).

If Rosie Perez and Paris Hilton are both SEE, I wonder what a genuine ESI would look like on the show.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I totally buy Craig Ferguson as ILE. He definitely has that alpha-style humor (I think Andy Samburg is another example of that same style of random-funny. In fact, I think Conan is as well. ILEs make good comedians).
    I agree with the others but I'm pretty sure Conan is an LIE, which might further explains the whole fiasco with the likely Alphas Leno and Jeff Zucker

John Stewart is probably another ILE though
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarf View Post
    If Rosie Perez and Paris Hilton are both SEE, I wonder what a genuine ESI would look like on the show.
    That would be something I'd love to see. It would probably look pretty uncomfortable
    EII INFj

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this topic. It's giving me an excuse to watch more Craig Ferguson.

I've always had the vague thought that Conan was IEE, but I've never really looked into it.

I could swear that I saw a clip of Ferguson interviewing an ESI recently, but now I can't remember who it was. She was blonde, and an actress, but I can't remember her name. It was very polite.

Anyway, here's a video of Ferguson interviewing someone JuJu typed as EIE, a typing with which I have no reason to disagree.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of think his side-kick Andy is a likely IEE, but that's more of guess as I don't know anything else about him

btw Ferguson > Jimmy Fallon
    EII INFj

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craig Ferguson is pretty much SEE. Kristen Bell on the other hand might be an ILE.

and welcome to the forum, Zarph.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correction:

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    btw Ferguson >>>> Jimmy Fallon
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point gladly taken
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I agree with the others but I'm pretty sure Conan is an LIE, which might further explains the whole fiasco with the likely Alphas Leno and Jeff Zucker

John Stewart is probably another ILE though
    I saw an interview of Jeff Zucker on Charlie Rose. Didn't strike me as Alpha.
    And Conan seems to need/manipulate/use Fe way too much to be a LIE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Craig Ferguson is pretty much SEE.
    Can you prove this, er, hypothesis? You state it as a fact, yet you don't provide any evidence.

I see no Se influence in him. His humor is far too random and silly to be gamma.

Don't take this the wrong way, though. If you are able to provide compelling enough evidence, I'd be more than happy to change my position, and Craig could still be used as an effective character study.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see myself in thinking of him as an Ne type. He comes across as rather clever and silly, but he is more like a direct, go-for-it, and persist SEE to me, where as Ne types typically go much more off on a tangent. He has an attitude similar to that of George Clooney, who I also think of as SEE, than of some other IEEs. He seems much much more aware of the moment and sensory information, much more straight-forward in communication. Other IEEs can try to be but don't get as close. His true self has far too serious (Fi) of an attitude, and a familiarly direct, raw, and in the moment (Se) style of communication exactly like I see in other SEEs. He doesn't question about simple things like Ne types do. I don't see anything about his humor that is untypical of Gamma, besides the fact that he is actually funny, lol.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drommel View Post
    I saw an interview of Jeff Zucker on Charlie Rose. Didn't strike me as Alpha.
    Fair enough. I didn't see the entire interview so I don't have a strong opinion of his type.

And Conan seems to need/manipulate/use Fe way too much to be a LIE.
    On the show? Yah I agree, but he's a lot different irl

He said this on Charlie Rose a few years ago, which is basically a approach to life;

"I've always been a really hardworker, I come across as this happy-go-lucky...I'm an extremely hard worker, and I'm very intense. And up until than everything that I achieved in life had been back-breakingly hard for me. I felt like it had taken a huge effort to get good greats and write a great paper and to do well, it had all been a lot of effort"

Same with Stephen Colbert, another likely Te dominant who acts very differently on his show when he's in character
    EII INFj

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like Paris Hilton and I think me and her would get along.

I basically like to be constantly social with people. I'm a socialite in my own way. My fear of social skills mirrors my very good success with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I don't really see myself in thinking of him as an Ne type. He comes across as rather clever and silly, but he is more like a direct, go-for-it, and persist SEE to me, where as Ne types typically go much more off on a tangent.
    My analysis of this brings me to the conclusion that he is not nearly aggressive enough to be SEE. SEEs aren't silly by nature - most Gamma types would never see themselves as silly or dare be caught acting like it. Ferguson, on the other hand, is silly by nature. One of the points of his show was to show himself whenever he could, and not some wierd persona.

And seriously, do you know ANY Gammas that like puppets?

He has an attitude similar to that of George Clooney, who I also think of as SEE, than of some other IEEs.
    I can see the resemblance. There seems to be a LOT of debate on Clooney's type, but at least two sources list him as Fe. Furthermore, you'd have to ignore Craig's interactions with other Fi types to really classify him as Gamma. He's completely awkward around them, irrevocably so. I think Intertype Relationships are better to type off of than humor styles.

He seems much much more aware of the moment and sensory information, much more straight-forward in communication. Other IEEs can try to be but don't get as close. His true self has far too serious (Fi) of an attitude, and a familiarly direct, raw, and in the moment (Se) style of communication exactly like I see in other SEEs.
    As I said before, he attempts to provide his real personality on the show, not a persona. Where do you get the idea that he's using a persona on the show?

He doesn't question about simple things like Ne types do. I don't see anything about his humor that is untypical of Gamma, besides the fact that he is actually funny, lol.
    ROFL! Ok, let's avoid random Gamma bashing, no matter how fun or easy it is.

In his interviews, most of his questions are about things like pilots licenses, snake cups, and the like. If he doesn't have anything more important to discuss, like a movie or a book that his guest has been a part of, they talk about silly things like that.

Anyway, let's keep this discussion moving - does anybody know of any ILE or SEI actors/actresses that he has interviewed?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My analysis of this brings me to the conclusion that he is not nearly aggressive enough to be SEE. SEEs aren't silly by nature - most Gamma types would never see themselves as silly or dare be caught acting like it. Ferguson, on the other hand, is silly by nature. One of the points of his show was to show himself whenever he could, and not some wierd persona.

SEEs can definitely be silly. They are really the only type in Gamma that I would classify under silly. And i know an SEE and IEI who both love puppets. I hate them.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people who type Ferguson as SEE are confusing SEE with ESE. I can see an argument being made for ESE; I thought he might be ESE for a while myself. But SEE just doesn't make any sense, especially not with, as Zarf pointed out, the intertype evidence.

[Edit: This probably won't help, because her type is notoriously debated, but here's Craig Ferguson interviewing Zooey Deschanel:

I had previously thought she was ILE, but now I'm starting to think she's some kind of SEI. She's very mysterious.

For comparison, here's her sister Emily Deschanel, who I think is LII (though I know others disagree):
    ]
    Last edited by Krig the Viking; 01-21-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are basing your typing of him off of a stereotype, not actually what being an SEE constitutes.

I can see the resemblance. There seems to be a LOT of debate on Clooney's type, but at least two sources list him as Fe. Furthermore, you'd have to ignore Craig's interactions with other Fi types to really classify him as Gamma. He's completely awkward around them, irrevocably so. I think Intertype Relationships are better to type off of than humor styles.
    Clooney is SEE, and Gamma. For instance, you can tell that he doesn't value Fe while interacting with Brad Pitt.

As I said before, he attempts to provide his real personality on the show, not a persona. Where do you get the idea that he's using a persona on the show?
    Are you kidding me?

In his interviews, most of his questions are about things like pilots licenses, snake cups, and the like. If he doesn't have anything more important to discuss, like a movie or a book that his guest has been a part of, they talk about silly things like that.

Anyway, let's keep this discussion moving - does anybody know of any ILE or SEI actors/actresses that he has interviewed?
    He's not ILE. It's incorrect to go off of a stereotype probably attributed to something different than Socionics. You probably need more experience with real ILEs. Take for instance, Brad Pitt or Bill Murray for starters. Clear Ne dominance, EP temperament and Alpha values.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm
    You are basing your typing of him off of a stereotype, not actually what being an SEE constitutes.
    Look, both of us think the other has a messed up stereotype of SEEs and ESEs. You think SEEs are what I think ESEs are. This discussion won't get anywhere until we can agree on one or the other, and this is not the thread for that discussion. I know a lot of both types, and I can clearly see Se behavior in the SEEs I know and Si behavior in the ESEs I know. I can see people mistaking Ferguson for ESEs, but I still can't rationalize him as an SEE.

Clooney is SEE, and Gamma. For instance, you can tell that he doesn't value Fe while interacting with Brad Pitt.
    I did a quick search, and I couldn't find any reputable site that thinks Brad pitt is ILE. They mostly think he's LIE (Except for the last one, which thinks he's LSE), which makes me think that you have your quadras mixed up. You are consistently mixing Alpha and Gamma typings. Anyway, back on topic:

Are you kidding me?
    Nope.

I could just leave it at that, since nobody can effectively argue against rhetoric, but that's not how I work. Let me continue.

Of course not! Look, you read up on him, and his whole purpose is to get people to rethink the entire concept of late night humor. ILEs tend to want to change whole concepts, while SEEs typically don't see the value in such persuits. He wants his show to stand above the rest, or at least provide a nice break from the rest. He still does his show mostly within the same boundaries that other late night shows behave, but the more I watch him, the more I think it's only because of contractual obligations. If you read his books, it's the same way. His monologues are a very good way of getting to know what he'd be in a regular conversation, and not very many other late night comedians have these same monologues. The point I'm trying to make here is that he's earnest, and honest. He's not going to create a persona that interviews people, because he knows that he can't naturally interact with others in such a fashion.

Quote:
    He's not ILE. That is stupid for going off of a stereotype probably attributed to something different than Socionics. You probably need more experience with real ILEs. Take for instance, Brad Pitt or Bill Murray for starters. Clear Ne dominance, EP temperament and Alpha values.
    Socionics, as any good science, relies on competing theories. In that case, it is good that we disagree here. However, we (We being Krig, Curerre and myself) reached this conclusion by watching several of his videos and recording what information elements we saw processed. All three of us came up with our answer independently. I have not studied any psychology in-depth except for Socionics, so it is not likely that I'm thinking Ferguson is somehow "MBTI-ILE". For a long time, I was not very good at telling the difference between a specific introverted function and a specific extraverted function. That threw me off for nearly a year and had me believing I was ILI. I got better.

Now, about Bill Murray: Not a lot about him on Google. This place has him listed as an MBTI ENTP, which squarely proves nothing. Extraverts might be more accurate in MBTI than introverts, but there is still a huge reliability gap that we have to deal with here. This place says he's an EIE, and This book lists him as an ESI. Again, there's that Alpha/Gamma switch! I can't find anything saying he's ILE, or even Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig
    I had previously thought she was ILE, but now I'm starting to think she's some kind of SEI. She's very mysterious.
    I think she's like that on purpose. The media is trying to turn "quirky" in to a buzzword (That's how everybody and their dog would describer her in a word), and I think she's trying to fight against it becoming a trope.

As for the second video: I don't know Emily's type, but I want to eliminate NT right off the bat. My only evidence for this is that she doesn't really go much into defining what "Forensic Anthropology" is. I feel that I would have described what an Anthropologist does, and then I would have described what a Forensic Anthropologist does, as opposed to just a normal Anthropologist. I might have even gone in to describing what parts of the words meant, but I doubt anybody would really get that chance on a talk show.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, how is Brad Pitt EJ, or even Gamma? I don't know why you're trusting these sources without investigating it properly yourself, and Bill Murray is apparently the same type as him. They act and interact similarly. They even VI like ILE, look at my avatar, a picture of me, you can tell they're in the same quadra, they have the same gaze. This is a very Alpha-Ne look. Gamma and EJ for them is out of the question. Here is a pretty decent gallery for Socionics types of famous people that I mostly agree with: Gallery You can see the difference between ESE and SEE pretty well here, if you watch some videos or read stuff about them.

Of course not! Look, you read up on him, and his whole purpose is to get people to rethink the entire concept of late night humor. ILEs tend to want to change whole concepts, while SEEs typically don't see the value in such persuits. He wants his show to stand above the rest, or at least provide a nice break from the rest. He still does his show mostly within the same boundaries that other late night shows behave, but the more I watch him, the more I think it's only because of contractual obligations. If you read his books, it's the same way. His monologues are a very good way of getting to know what he'd be in a regular conversation, and not very many other late night comedians have these same monologues. The point I'm trying to make here is that he's earnest, and honest. He's not going to create a persona that interviews people, because he knows that he can't naturally interact with others in such a fashion.
    Well, of course he comes across that way. This is an SEE way of coming across though, especially of Se types in general. Ne weighs more in the theoretical and abstract measures and assumptions of presentation and study, so whatever kind of impact that is made by an Ne type will be delayed for the experience of investigation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random question: What do you think of this interview of his?

IEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why you're trusting these sources without investigating it properly yourself(?)
    That's a very good question. Why do I trust these sources? Because there is accuracy in information duplicity. If multiple sources come to the same conclusion, that's science. I have a full-time job, and not enough free time to properly research every person's type that I'd like. Because of this, it's handy to find multiple sources that reach the same conclusion. Even so, I wouldn't put a ton of trust in to these sources, but I'd put more trust into their results than yours, because so far you are the odd one out. I'm not trying to make fun of you here, so I apologize if I come across that way, but the truth of the matter is this: Most sources are disagreeing with you.

They even VI like ILE, look at my avatar, a picture of me, you can tell they're in the same quadra, they have the same gaze.
    I have a feeling you put far more emphasis on VI than I do. I'm terrible at it, so I completely ignore it. You look more like a harmonizing LII friend of mine than any ILE I've ever seen, but don't put a lot of weight behind that. As I said, I'm terrible at VI.

Now then. I ignore VI partially because I'm terrible at it, but also because it focuses more on outward behavior that has tenuous connections to information elements. I thought the whole point behind Socionics is that it didn't attempt to justify your personality through your outward appearance and actions, which is what MBTI does.

This is an SEE way of coming across though, especially of Se types in general.
    Why do you say that? I'm interested in hearing your side of it. Here's my side:
    Se is focused on power, and gaining power. Ne is focused on possibilities and options.

An Se speaker would be more interested in making you like them, while an Ne speaker would be more interested in creating an environment with which to share ideas. When you see Ferguson talking to Hilton, there is a very low level of exchange. This is because neither of them are capable of metabolizing the other's leading function.

That's my justification, and I'd like to hear yours.

Now then. Back to the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer
    Random question: What do you think of this interview of his?
    Sounds like a followup to this video:

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will find out that the consensus is inconsistent when trying to build an understanding, especially with those random websites you're pulling up. Most of those typings are crap. You need to work on building an understanding for yourself, and not focus on what's wrong with the statistics, but I'm not here to do that for you. I'm an odd character myself, but you are definitely more out than I am at this point, and rather can't see it yet. Just keep that in mind. Peace, newbie.

TIM
    Ni-IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

polikujm doesn't know what he's talking about, Ferguson is some Alpha extrovert.
    IEI

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in case you're wondering, the consensus on him in this forum is IEE. Check old posts.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may be crucified for saying this, but i do support the SEE typing. (at least so far)
    He seems Se driven, self-assured of his way, always palying with the boundaries of what can vs should vs needs to be said to get his way.
    I recently watched a Stand Up comedy, where it came to my attention that Fe displays from him seem like Fe-mocking. not the point of the joke, but like a byproduct. Seems to me that he is focusing during his impressions to exhibit his view, rather the motivating others internal dynamics; if so this seems like overcompensation and not the goal.

Also it can be seen that defining his territory as a comedian is important in itself, not as in a process of differentiating himself or being highly unique, but rather for the sake of his will being manifested, he being able to act as he wishes without restrictions.
    Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

"Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Correctly finding and typing late night show hosts for each quadra would be great, because assuming their performances maintain a bit of authenticity to their actual personality, celebrities could be cross-checked against each host to find a more accurate typing of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast