Quote Originally Posted by Logos
Actually, I think that a lot of professors are probably ENFj (in reference to an earlier comment...).
Yes and no. Stereotypical university professors yes, but there are many fields in which non-NTs are present as these fields act as extensions of jobs, careers, and professions which appeal to other types. So you may be more likely to see an ISTj accounting professor or an ENFj journalism professor, but the 3 Crazy P's (physics, philosophy, psychology) professors may be ENTps while the political science or genetics professor is an INTj. I do think that there are different types reprsented within fields as these types may have an appeal for a certain field for different reasons and each type would bring a new perspective to the field as to expand it in exciting and unexplored ways.
Maybe. In my observations, ENFjs are often found in more technical areas than one may think. They can still master the "T" stuff, but then they're good at making their point at the front of the room and dramatizing things. It could be that the people I'm thinking of are really Ti types who have developed their dual side. But I rather suspect that they're actually Fe types who have developed their dual (Ti) side.

Sometimes there are speakers who are just full of enthusiasm, highly expressive, very personable, and it registers with me as Fe. But they may still be talking about highly technical stuff.