Thread: Benefit relations: so this is how my beneficiary sees me

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Benefit relations: so this is how my beneficiary sees me

I was having a conversation with an ISFp friend of ten years (whom I had mentioned before under "What's My Type?" a while ago) while in the train and we came to the topic about our impressions of each other. She sees me as someone knowledgeable and has learned alot from me. However, she said something later about my voice which made me surprised. She commented about my voice having a lack of inflection (unlike , I think), but not monotonous and devoid of feelings. She also mentioned that I sounded "intimidating" and "angry" when I speak. Even my ESTp brother mentioned the last point to me before. For example, even when I talk about happy events, I sounded aggressive. So when I asked her to give me a real life example of how I presented myself, she actually said that I talk like a guy, just that I don't have a man's voice. Lastly, she talked about how different we are. She said that I had a very strong personality and I needed someone who is similarly strong, assertive and intelligent to match me.

All I can say is I'm surprised that she didn't seem to see me as an INFj at all, based on what she mentioned about me. It's like, she's intimidated by me, but she still enjoys my company? This is so weird.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't come across this way on the forum, at all.

Tell your bro he's a pussy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

LOL

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't really intimidated by me. He's actually more irritated 'cos to him, when I felt overwhelmed and talked excitedly about happy stuff, he said that I sounded aggressive, especially for a girl. But I guessed he has gradually gotten used to it all these years.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The girls I associate with that kind of behaviour are ESFjs, ime.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i was about to say. sounding angry and negative and overbearing is totally .

whenever my mom did this when i was little i would completely freak out and just get more irritable.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    yeah, i was about to say. sounding angry and negative and overbearing is totally .

whenever my mom did this when i was little i would completely freak out and just get more irritable.
    I didn't really have "Negative" in mind, more "aggressive"

Creepy-Diana

Default Re: So this is how my beneficiary sees me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    She commented about my voice having a lack of inflection (unlike , I think), but not monotonous and devoid of feelings.
    Like a newscaster maybe? I'm trying to picture how that would sound. (ha, as well as you can picture a sound anyway )
    I asked her before. It seems like she can't pinpoint to any females who talk in the same way as me. I remembered her saying that I sounded as if I'm adament in trying to put my point across and make sure that the receiving party understood exactly what I'm talking about. She said that I have a confident voice and sounded as if I know where I am going. And at times I sounded worried.

This is so funny. I don't think I'm exactly such a person. But I guess that's how my beneficiary sees me. It makes me feel stressed out sometimes 'cos she made me sound like such a strong and assertive person even though I'm not. It also makes me realized that my beneficiary is the last person I will seek advice from. Whenever I told her my problems, she just listened to me but didn't advise me 'cos she just sees me as someone strong with no need for anyone's help even though I really need some advice. It's really irritating that besides her, others see me as someone independent as well. When I really need their help, they don't think I need any at all. To them, I seem so sure of myself.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    She commented about my voice having a lack of inflection (unlike , I think), but not monotonous and devoid of feelings.
    Like a newscaster maybe? I'm trying to picture how that would sound. (ha, as well as you can picture a sound anyway )
    I asked her before. It seems like she can't pinpoint to any females who talk in the same way as me. I remembered her saying that I sounded as if I'm adament in trying to put my point across and make sure that the receiving party understood exactly what I'm talking about. She said that I have a confident voice and sounded as if I know where I am going. And at times I sounded worried.

This is so funny. I don't think I'm exactly such a person. But I guess that's how my beneficiary sees me. It makes me feel stressed out sometimes 'cos she made me sound like such a strong and assertive person even though I'm not. It also makes me realized that my beneficiary is the last person I will seek advice from. Whenever I told her my problems, she just listened to me but didn't advise me 'cos she just sees me as someone strong with no need for anyone's help even though I really need some advice. It's really irritating that besides her, others see me as someone independent as well. When I really need their help, they don't think I need any at all. To them, I seem so sure of myself.
    Sure only your beneficiary thinks of you that way?
    I've have my contraries, semi-duals and look-a-likes say almost similar things to me.

My beneficiaries tend to think i'm lazy.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My beneficiary is my mom . . . Hmm she thinks I'm "mysterious" which has always seemed strange to me. But I don't talk to her that much because she's always giving me advice I don't want and then getting offended when I don't follow it. My benefactor (ESFj) thinks I'm lazy. My mom seems OK with my laziness. As do other ENTjs from what I can see.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't have much interactions with my benefactor (INTp). An INTp acquaintance once told me that I'm a kind and deep person. However, he also mentioned that I'm illogical and weak in understanding technical stuff.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    My beneficiary is my mom . . . Hmm she thinks I'm "mysterious" which has always seemed strange to me. But I don't talk to her that much because she's always giving me advice I don't want and then getting offended when I don't follow it. My benefactor (ESFj) thinks I'm lazy. My mom seems OK with my laziness. As do other ENTjs from what I can see.
    O. I got it mixed up. My benefactor thinks i'm lazy.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel as though my benefactor will never concider me equal to them.

This annoys me when I dwell on it.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover

perfectly said. i feel the same way.

why then does rick say relations of benefit are good ones, i wonder?

ILE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best friends is an ENTj, hes a great guy. We have our differences, but he definately enjoys my Fi. In fact lately when we are playing pool, say if i play a good game he is like "Look at this magic man etc" saying all these compliments. Even though im probablly playing a good game hes normally far better than me. I dont like it too much.

I agree with what clover said about Benefactors. Out of the 16 types, an ESFj is the only type im yet to identify. I hate to feel like anyone looks down on me or has any power over me. It just cannot happen in my relations so maybe i have tried to ignore them? INTj's as my supervisors i dont actually find that bad they seem nice.

The difference between my supervisor and my benefactor, is even though INTj's generally have the upper hand with logic and thinking, they are often quirky so that doesn't intimidate me. ESFj's seem like they are organised and good with people also extraverted, i see less holes in there defense.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8

I don't remember saying this. Even at their best -- when partners have shared interests and respect each other -- there's a strong sense of instability in the relationship. You might think that everything is great judging by the other person's behavior, only to have them snap and tell or do something that really upsets you. And then there's the issue of the person "on top" unconsciously perceiving the other person as an "assistant" or something like that.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People think that all EIIs are weak pussies. They aren't. My EII English professor is one of the most intellectually intimidating people I've ever met in my life, and it's not just his knowledge: he's rather assertive and has quite the presence in the classroom.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gilligan mentioned that they were supposedly common among married couples.

I don't see it really.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick

I don't remember saying this. Even at their best -- when partners have shared interests and respect each other -- there's a strong sense of instability in the relationship. You might think that everything is great judging by the other person's behavior, only to have them snap and tell or do something that really upsets you. And then there's the issue of the person "on top" unconsciously perceiving the other person as an "assistant" or something like that.
    sorry if i misquote you...i thought i remembered your site listing the benefit transmitter as being a more positive relation for the beneficiary?

ILE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you learn things, A LOT of things. From both angles really, but the beneficiaries pretty strong.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was having a conversation with an ISFp friend of ten years (whom I had mentioned before under "What's My Type?" a while ago) while in the train and we came to the topic about our impressions of each other. She sees me as someone knowledgeable and has learned alot from me. However, she said something later about my voice which made me surprised. She commented about my voice having a lack of inflection (unlike , I think), but not monotonous and devoid of feelings. She also mentioned that I sounded "intimidating" and "angry" when I speak. Even my ESTp brother mentioned the last point to me before. For example, even when I talk about happy events, I sounded aggressive. So when I asked her to give me a real life example of how I presented myself, she actually said that I talk like a guy, just that I don't have a man's voice. Lastly, she talked about how different we are. She said that I had a very strong personality and I needed someone who is similarly strong, assertive and intelligent to match me.

All I can say is I'm surprised that she didn't seem to see me as an INFj at all, based on what she mentioned about me. It's like, she's intimidated by me, but she still enjoys my company? This is so weird.
    For starters, if that avatar is indeed your pic, you sure don't look like an INFj. You might be one of those folks for whom the tests don't work at all.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky

For starters, if that avatar is indeed your pic, you sure don't look like an INFj. You might be one of those folks for whom the tests don't work at all.
    That's not her. She's not the girl in her current avatar
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is it?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Who is it?
    huh? LOL I have no idea.
    But eunice posted her pictures a few times. And recently, a video for that video thread. And her avatar doesn't look anything like her. = =
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-bg

I thought it looked like it could have been her... but then what do I know?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eww no, eunice is much prettier.

Creepy-bg

I think the girl in her avatar is pretty

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The girl in my avatar is actually Michelle from Survivor:Fiji.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now it's Handsome Dan.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    You have heard of him?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I think the girl in her avatar is pretty
    Yeah, that was just a bad picture.

eunice, I watched that video of her - she is definitely ESFj. Looking back at the Survivor thread I see you reached the same (well, almost) conclusion. Awesome.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eunice, I watched that video of her - she is definitely ESFj. Looking back at the Survivor thread I see you reached the same (well, almost) conclusion. Awesome.
    She's definitely Alpha SF, but I thought she VI-ed as SEI, specifically SEI Fe subtype. SEIs (rather than ESEs) would describe themselves as "cute, bubbly, energetic and fiercely competitive". Types under the SP temperament are generally considered the most competitive as compared to the other temperaments. Based on the video of her interview which I had posted under the Survivor thread, her individualistic and unconventional fashion sense and dreadlocks are what I considered unlikely to be prototypical of ESEs.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's definitely Alpha SF, but I thought she VI-ed as SEI, specifically SEI Fe subtype. SEIs (rather than ESEs) would describe themselves as "cute, bubbly, energetic and fiercely competitive". Types under the SP temperament are generally considered the most competitive as compared to the other temperaments. Based on the video of her interview which I had posted under the Survivor thread, her individualistic and unconventional fashion sense and dreadlocks are what I considered unlikely to be prototypical of ESEs.
    Both ESFj-Si's and ISFp-Fe's can be very "bubbly". Competitiveness - don't think it makes much of a difference, but I think Ejs (and even rationals in general) are more likely to be competitive than Ips.

She thinks a positive attitude will keep you smiling through anything.
    This also points, however slightly, to ESFj. She constantly emphasizes her "energy" and positive attitude, something ISFps have more trouble maintaining.

In both videos she has the ESFj way of speaking "as if to a small child", and seems almost artificially happy at times. Also, the ear-to-ear smile is much more characteristic of ESFjs than ISFps. She constantly emphasizes her strength in Fe ("putting a filter on what I want to reveal") and Fi, as opposed to Si. The only major reference to Si is the part about being outdoors, and being laid-back.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In both videos she has the ESFj way of speaking "as if to a small child", and seems almost artificially happy at times. Also, the ear-to-ear smile is much more characteristic of ESFjs than ISFps. She constantly emphasizes her strength in Fe ("putting a filter on what I want to reveal") and Fi, as opposed to Si. The only major reference to Si is the part about being outdoors, and being laid-back.
    No wonder INTps and ESFjs are conflictors. I have heard of INTps criticizing about such qualities of ESFjs.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    You have heard of him?
    Handsome Dans I know of:

1 - The radio show host in Wayne's World (1, I believe)
    2 - The brand name of hair styling cream that is used in "O'Brother, where art thou?", even though it is really "Dapper Dan"
    3 - http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?...e%20Dan&gwp=16

No idea who that man actually was.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.