Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSI-EIE Duality Discussion and Examples (ISTj and ENFj)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    Well I'm going to talk about social settings as this would be the main setting for meeting people...

In my experience, the LSI is quick to warm up to the EIEs efforts of including everyone in conversation. The problem mainly lies with the EIE, I think. It seems their primary focus is on the group dynamics and the EIE harmoising himself to relate to everyone that it seems like each person holds equal appeal to him (or the more boisterous people who are grabbing his attention). I can't speak for other LSIs but I feel a bit vulnerable when someone recognises how awkward I'm in these situations. While I do enjoy and prosper
    with the emotional blanket they create, it feels like they can see my weaknesses right away....and more to the point, my strengths aren't expressed as readily....so I don't think they see my appeal initially.

Sometimes I think it has to take a crisis situation for the EIE to see the LSIs value. Everyone is so demanding of his attention and the power play and emotional manipulation (which can grate on my nerves) they adopt sometimes just makes me think they're not worthy of my loyalty and honesty.....and I can't always trust them unless they're consistent.

This lady must be my dual, an ISTj. Most of the time, An healthy ENFj is always called an helper, or a mentor, trying to reach people's potential and inspire other with his wisdom. They can go the extra mile to help people. But the problem lies that they do not know how to help themselves, and we are always "sinking into doubts" away from the public. Most ENFj present themselves with the "right manners", say the "right things" in front of the right people, and it's not so ready to actually open up their personal problem with people who deem unable to help. I don't think any other type can actually help an ENFj on that except for an ISTj.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since numbers has taken it upon himself to bump up old threads about Beta rational duality, I'd like to read comments from other Betas regarding their intertype relations with LSIs and how it's played out from their point of view in real life interaction. It's interesting that the LSI seems to be the least talked about type in this subforum (IMO).
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 02-21-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    I remember reading this when I was still trying to work out my type, and it caused me some problems then (and sort of still does). Maybe it is because this is from an EIE perspective, but I really don't identify with some of the way LSIs are described here.

I agree with the parts about honesty breaking friendships to a point of no return. And yeah, the thing about bickering does make sense in the context of close friendships - but I wouldn't expect to be constantly bickering with every EIE I met. For example, there's this EIE guy with whom I have a really easy, mutually compatible friendship. Yes, he says scathing and hilarious things about his workplace, and always has a great anecdote or comment to add, and is very willing to character assassinate people on demand. But, the way we interact is not through aggressive dialogue. His 'aggression' is outwardly focused, on other parties, and it is not constant either - it is merely one facet of his character, and certainly not the sole reason I'm friends with him. I would be rather taken aback and honestly displeased if he started interacting with me the same way, say, unefille did (whom I bicker with constantly). I don't know...'aggressive' comments certainly get my attention, but I think there's a time and place for them.

My other issue with this description of LSIs is the idea that they are somehow vulnerable or even incompetant in social situations. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself in social situations, and I'm comfortable approaching people when I want to. I don't feel like I 'need' someone to bring me out of my shell. And I can't say that when someone is 'mean' to me that makes me want to be around them. Sometimes it makes me competitive and want to exercise some form of dominance over them - but most of those guys that's happened with I don't really consider close friends.

I don't know. Kristiina, I'm not trying to attack you or your description or anything here, but reading stuff like this really makes me question whether I'm LSI. Maybe the problem is with me and I'm just not one.
    idolatrie, LSI can be very very confident in social setting. Depending on what kind of social setting they are in, as with all types, can feel very confident or very awkward depedning the circumstances. I would like to add that LSI actually seem more extrovert, and the EIE more introvert on first glance.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE's I met don't seem introverted to me at all. Maybe I haven't met Ni subtype ones. LSI's I met are all smiles and laughs but I wouldn't call them extroverted that much, they are reactive, not active.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    LSI's I met are all smiles and laughs but I wouldn't call them extroverted that much, they are reactive, not active.
    Word.

The first duality couple that on first sight can seem the other way around regarding intro/extraversion is IEE-SLI imo. IEE's often being (appearing as) shy, quiet and reserved and SLI's being free spirited jokesters.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFj and ISTj duality

Yesterday I reunited with the Se-LSI I consider the closest friend/love of my life so far. (We hadn't seen each other in years.)

Even though our relationship ended badly two years ago, with recriminations and yelling, when we saw each other again, we couldn't stop smiling, laughing, and talking.

When we first saw each other, we both looked at each other and said, at the same time, "Wow."

Immediately, it was as though the past--the bad in it, anyway--meant nothing. Our conversation was extremely easy and interesting.

I'm increasingly shocked and amazed at how accurate Model A Socionics is... It's really amazing... This theory could change the entire world... Thank God for my dual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find EIE-LSI duality gets shit done. We're remarkably efficient at working through concepts together and you know, being effective.

I particularly love how EIEs can make me feel better (ESEs too, but in a different, more sentimental way). Sometimes it feels like there is no way out of my emotional milieu, but then they come along and push away the cobwebs, let some light in past the layers of dust. Sometimes I get so caught up in my own thinking processes, and they will throw some suggestion in, some new option, and it is like, yes, that was the piece I was missing, or that's a really exciting development, and everything becomes interesting again.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these two are a very likely example of this duality -- Cristina and Nestor Kirchner, the current and the former presidents of Argentina.

Her type is far more obvious to me than his, individually.

For the record, I have no time for them politically; but their obvious bond (personal as well as political) is remarkable.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I first glanced at that picture, I thought it was Donald Trump. lol

@ JuJu, very cool about your reconnection with your dual. I find it all pretty amazing also.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I think these two are a very likely example of this duality -- Cristina and Nestor Kirchner, the current and the former presidents of Argentina.
    Very good call!! Ti-LSI and Fe-EIE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being LSI, I met an EIE a little over a month ago and we both seemed to feel passionately about the other, but now we barely talk and now it seems like hes seen an ex who is also LSI. I met my dual, but I believe I screwed it up somehow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFj & ISTj Duality

Been with an Inspector recently and probably for the first time. There is a generational difference, but I like that, too, since at some level I'm past oriented (I think at base each type reflects the other's primary type (model b - my most unconscious features are Si Te like inspectors primary) and that gives an overall feeling of the other's primary type. For example I relate in a modern way - Se Ti - instinctually, sometimes aggressive, paying attention to whatever is going on and that can help protect my dual because socially I'm focused on the now, but at a base unconscious level in the model b levels I'm a traditionalist so I'll preserve the home and care for someone. I also think that although I'm a victim sexually that my primary mental type is caretaker.

So I propose Model A is Primary / orientation, Secondary / taking in info, Tertiary / choices, 4th vulnerable function is how we arrange our lives and needs shielding of dual. But Model B the unconscious side of ourselves is similiar with the 3rd model B function (choices) being our trickster element I.e. the function that needs to be made constant - in my case Si - cleaning up my act, cleaning literally, saving money - but can be excessive also - too much sleep.

And i think our 3rd primary function is how we relate to others. For example I think the ENFJ relates as an ESTP. They do conquer they influence others. They can be bold socially. It's like an enneagram wing or astrological rising sign. And then on a private level they're a healer (unconscious) and finally at a low level they contain the inspector's primary elements so an overall feeling of inspector traditional orientation imerges and they do partially inspect people, too.

Being with a dual I found myself almost having an identity crisis with the way my Model B unconscious healer side was activated. I almost felt like I wasn't being myself. But he continuously needed that side of me and drew it out until it was fully activated and it helped him. Inspectors are hellaciously Sensory animals. It's amazing to me. To watch a sensor who can be a sophisticated sensor also having his ESTP side (and i think Inspectors relate as healers (3rd & 4th model a functions) - so that he's substanial. He's got a side like great lovers and brats like Marlon Brando. Feeling this less concious ESTP side makes me appreciate ESTP's more, because is at a lower level private and I know how to deal with that almost instinctively. And it helped him and that's a good feeling, because my Model B INFP side tries to help others, but often isn't primary enough. So it almost felt like my psyche was activated and pulled out of me then the Si Te emerged a stable environment of checking him for consistancy and caring for him until we could both return to our primary side again.

Being with a sensor for me is no joke. They need to feel everything in the body. They want to try everything, because the physical side is reality to them. And the ESTP side wants to rebel. Only because since they feel everything in the body - to be limited too much by demands of responsability (duty bound type) means a kind of death to them that feels real. And it demands that I be consistent and I need that I guess which is scary for me, too.

ENFJ

FE - Primary
    Ni - Secondary
    Se - Tertiary - Relating to others ESTP (se/ti) - Wing/Rising Sign/Way of Relating
    Ti - 4th - Arranging Life - Vulnerable Function Requiring Dual

Model B - Private and/or uncionscious

Fi - Primary
    Ne - Secondary
    Si - Tertiary - Trickster Function - Needs to be secured by dual. Inspector Functions (si/te)
    Te - 4th Private Traditionalist Environment emerges.

In the other types it's the inverse where there's a traditional mode of relating but the envvironment stays more in the moment. ESTPs probably require greater adaptation skills on the part of their dual since they're likely to be wilder. I can't go into detail about the nature of that relationship, because I can't have that relationship, but I could theorize about it later. But inkeeping with my theory the INFP relates as an Inspector and an environment of Conqeuring and focus on the moment emerges and the ESTP relates as a teacher and an environment of healing and reconcilliation emerges.

Anyway you've torn my shit up before, but this is how I view socionics. Socionics is important because it's more dynamic than MBTI. How boring it is to just view 4 functions when people are more comlpex than that. Maybe INFJs can make more of it than I can and the individual, but - I think we should challenge ourselves to make our view of the models dynamic and not nail them down.

Secondly I propose that if you're a victim sexually you're a caretaker mentally. And an aggressor sexually is infantile mentally. And that Infantiles sexually are Agressors mentally and that Caretakers Sexually are Victims mentally. True infantiles sexually are the Alpha males and their minds are aggressive even if they are not. I would like to start a seperate thread on this, but I'm not sure how far it can go - and again people like to shut this topic down, because it's too dynamic it adds complexity rather than removing it, but that's the direction exploration of individuals should go - say I programmer of the beta quadrant & as I stated above I relate as an aggressor.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIE Problems.

Hey Everyone, I'm an LSI and I'm new to the forums (though I've known about socionics for about 3 years or so).

Anyway I've been having trouble with an EIE that I've known for just over a year, we're acquaintances not close friends (even though she's the love of my life).

She's recently came back from a 3 month vacation abroad and just before she left I talked to her for a while at the local bar and my was telling me that she may have been interested in me. I wasn't getting a lot of resistance from her, the conversation between us was flowing easily (as is the case for most dual interactions).

So when she got back from her vacation, I got her number from a friend and gave her a call about a week ago. She sounded pleased to hear from me and was telling me enthusiastically about her vacation and about her new job (she was on a lunch break when I called her). I suggested that we meet up for coffee sometime and she replied 'yeah sure', without any hesitation or delay. So I suggested that she get back to me to tell me when she was free. As her lunch break was about to end, I couldn't lock in a time and place to meet up over the phone.

Since then I've sent her a text message asking her about her schedule and I've rung her a couple of times. So far she hasn't replied to my message and hasn't answered my calls. I don't know what she's thinking. When we first met our eyes locked for about 3 seconds. I have a sneaking suspicion that she cares deeply about me as I do about her - though I could be wrong.

What's the best way to proceed with her? I really want to meet up and start the rest of my life with her. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well EIEs are hard work at the best of times.

Have you considered that she's being polite? I dunno...the best way to tell if there might be something there is to see how she treats others and compare that to how she treats you. It can be a good way or bad way.

Have you read the victim description? That's a good way to tell too.

Not sure how you should proceed with her. When I was dating an EIE he would hint a lot of the time and I would act on that. But they can get a little mysterious every so often....and I can't quite figure out why....maybe to test us? or reassure them? they're questioning themselves/the relationship? When that happens, it can be a hard time for the LSI because with weak Fi/Fe and Ne polr I tend to lose confidence with my Ti....and that's really a stressful point I've found with the EIE/LSI duality in my experience.

I should also add that, typically at the start of a relationship, I would consider it more the EIE's responsibility to instil the 'right' emotions in you....they provide the vision/path and you implement that with your Ti + Se.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ISTj View Post
    Hey Everyone, I'm an LSI and I'm new to the forums (though I've known about socionics for about 3 years or so).

Anyway I've been having trouble with an EIE that I've known for just over a year, we're acquaintances not close friends (even though she's the love of my life).

She's recently came back from a 3 month vacation abroad and just before she left I talked to her for a while at the local bar and my was telling me that she may have been interested in me. I wasn't getting a lot of resistance from her, the conversation between us was flowing easily (as is the case for most dual interactions).
    Hey, I am not a female EIE but I will give it a shot what I think anyway.

A lot of the times, ego can tell and get a read on external reality and they can pick up body languages and tell the person's motivation. But man, we have Weak as our Hidden Agenda, we aren't as maneuverable, so a lot of the times EIE holds back, Sometimes I see a EIE's tries to cover up their Real interest.

When you let an female EIE know that you have romantic interest in them, I think an LSI will know. An LSI friend of wanted me to hint to an EIE that he was interested. I told her straight up that he was interested, next day, he told me he can notice the difference as he approach her. Only problem was that he is younger than her, so no luck.

So when she got back from her vacation, I got her number from a friend and gave her a call about a week ago. She sounded pleased to hear from me and was telling me enthusiastically about her vacation and about her new job (she was on a lunch break when I called her). I suggested that we meet up for coffee sometime and she replied 'yeah sure', without any hesitation or delay. So I suggested that she get back to me to tell me when she was free. As her lunch break was about to end, I couldn't lock in a time and place to meet up over the phone.

Since then I've sent her a text message asking her about her schedule and I've rung her a couple of times. So far she hasn't replied to my message and hasn't answered my calls. I don't know what she's thinking.

When we first met our eyes locked for about 3 seconds. I have a sneaking suspicion that she cares deeply about me as I do about her - though I could be wrong.
    Yup, I definity know what you mean about the locked eye contact, I think the most important thing really is if she can date, if she is not too busy with her career or school.

What's the best way to proceed with her? I really want to meet up and start the rest of my life with her. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.
    It might sound simple, but just ask her out ONE more time, I have asked my identicals out before and they almost always say "I am not sure if i can go to the movies with you tonight," but i instantly picked that up as uncertainty, not rejection, it is jsut something that takes a little bit more time to think about. Then I will asked them again and they said they would, EIEs have to make up our minds first and be certain that they want to do it, it could be that Beta all or nothing theory, or whether to be or not to be, I do that all the time.

1)

2)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most EIEs I've known do this...

I'm EIE.. There are people I genuinely want to talk to--and for whatever reason, I don't answer calls or texts right away, if at all... (I recognize that it pisses everyone off...)

Keep trying... If she's anything like me, or the EIEs I know, she will be impressed at your persistence and desire. Eventually she will return the call and things will be as good as before if not better.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the all or nothing Beta dating theory?

Should I come clean with her and tell how I feel? Is this what she's waiting for - a clear unambiguous demonstration of affection?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I come clean with her and tell how I feel? Is this what she's waiting for - a clear unambiguous demonstration of affection?
    I don't think that's what she's waiting for... EIEs can read people much better than to expect that kind of thing for any type of reassurance. The best I could suggest for you is to wait and remain patient for a little while, and if you still don't get any response then retort by coming clean as a last resort. At which point you should also prepare yourself for disappointment, as it is a risky step.

Since then I've sent her a text message asking her about her schedule and I've rung her a couple of times. So far she hasn't replied to my message and hasn't answered my calls. I don't know what she's thinking. When we first met our eyes locked for about 3 seconds. I have a sneaking suspicion that she cares deeply about me as I do about her - though I could be wrong.
    One reason she could be holding back is that she's already in a relationship.

Another reason might be that she's really not that interested but is acting polite because she's aware of your feelings. From my experience, EIEs usually find it hard to reject someone openly and would avoid direct emotional confrontation. They could act extremely nice and share their personal stories (like the vacation/new job thing) even with people they don't particularly care about.

Or as 07490 said, she could just be really busy at the moment and have other important and time/energy consuming things going on in her life.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she's already in a relationship then how should I proceed?

If she wasn't interested wouldn't she have already mentioned a boyfriend or at least have brought him up casually in conversation - to let me down easily?
    Last edited by Prince Andrei; 11-05-2009 at 10:31 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she's already in a relationship then how should I proceed?
    Work towards the goal of making her surrender to your arms and dump her boyfriend? I seriously have no idea.

If she wasn't interested wouldn't she have already mentioned a boyfriend or at least have brought him up casually in conversation - to let me down easily?
    Hmm, good point. She could have.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, it's hard for anyone to know what an EIE is truly thinking except an EIE himself/herself - they hold their cards so very close to their chests. What do the EIEs here think she would be thinking at the moment?
    Last edited by Prince Andrei; 11-06-2009 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I'm EIE.. There are people I genuinely want to talk to--and for whatever reason, I don't answer calls or texts right away, if at all... (I recognize that it pisses everyone off...
    I can tell the truth here, that I feel a little bit uneasy when people, especially ISTj comes too strong and show their interest. (that isn't to say that she doesn't like it just her natural response to hold herself back, give her some time) That is probably be why she isn't giving you any feedback.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the all or nothing Beta dating theory?
    I think Beta are inclined to either devote themselves 100% into their relationship or completely neglect it.

That is a really hard question to answer, it really depends, You should really find out if she has a boyfriend first by asking things relating to relationships to see if she is in one.

1)

2)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found out from a friend of hers that she's in a long distance relationship. I wonder why she hasn't told me. Is it because she's considering replacing him with me? Does this explain her behaviour?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found out from a friend of hers that she's in a long distance relationship. I wonder why she hasn't told me. Is it because she's considering replacing him with me? Does this explain her behaviour?
    That seems likely, also considered what parkster saiid.

1)

2)

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've wanted to reply for 2 days but I finally have the time to do so. Based on what I read, I think she was flattered that you were into her. She probably thought about it and she is probably reluctant for some odd reason. I know this because it sounds like something I've done in the past.
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She got back to me - a week and a half after I talked to her. She said she was busy and wasn't really interested in coffee. So I'm feeling pretty shit at the moment.

Did she actually spend that time considering it and rejected me because she has a boyfriend and was too comfortable with him. Or was she simply not interested at all?
    Last edited by Prince Andrei; 11-09-2009 at 11:46 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want the real, honest truth, here it is: nobody can know what the fuck goes on in the mind of an EIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a dual pair i have not thought that much about. hmmmmm i know a couple of EIE's...they are drama queens. they like to be in charge with a flock of followers around them. so, consequently, they are used to getting a lot of attention. they manipulate the public and private mood so well....it's easy for them. sometimes i think they might have less respect for those that give them a lot of attention.

i would think that someone who would fascinate them is exactly LSI...someone unflappable, someone who can make them do things (creative Se), someone who can throw logic all over their Fe fire. in short, someone who seems to be unimpressed, but yet, who is impressed inside themselves in a self controlled and self possessed way.

so, rather than continue to actively pursue her...i'd simply be around where she is, acting like your LSI self and over time she will be drawn to you.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    this is a dual pair i have not thought that much about. hmmmmm i know a couple of EIE's...they are drama queens. they like to be in charge with a flock of followers around them. so, consequently, they are used to getting a lot of attention. they manipulate the public and private mood so well....it's easy for them. sometimes i think they might have less respect for those that give them a lot of attention.

i would think that someone who would fascinate them is exactly LSI...someone unflappable, someone who can make them do things (creative Se), someone who can throw logic all over their Fe fire. in short, someone who seems to be unimpressed, but yet, who is impressed inside themselves in a self controlled and self possessed way.

so, rather than continue to actively pursue her...i'd simply be around where she is, acting like your LSI self and over time she will be drawn to you.
    HA--this seems perfect!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    hmmmmm i know a couple of EIE's...they are drama queens. .
    As drama-ish as ESE? Most EIE control their emotions more than those that doesn't.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    As drama-ish as ESE? Most EIE control their emotions more than those that doesn't.
    The EIEs I know are pretty dramatic. they can control it, yeah, but if they're comfortable with you.... :wink:
    IEI-Fe 4w3

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I know a few EIEs, and they can turn it off when they need to, but only when they need to. Their natural state is emotionally/energetically on, and if they don't notice that they ought to be off they stay on (luckily, they almost always know when certain behavior will impact their relationship with people, although whether or not they care--or are inebriated--is a completely different question).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    The EIEs I know are pretty dramatic. they can control it, yeah, but if they're comfortable with you.... :wink:
    It really depends on the EIE's outlook in life and their persona they adapted, that is my take on it.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She got back to me - a week and a half after I talked to her. She said she was busy and wasn't really interested in coffee. So I'm feeling pretty shit at the moment.

Did she actually spend that time considering it and rejected me because she has a boyfriend and was too comfortable with him. Or was she simply not interested at all?
    Speaking LSI to LSI here, I know it's hard for us not to question WHY these things happen but what you have to do, is get all Se on yourself and become the best person you can be without thinking about her. That means be the best LSI you can be and everything else and everyone else, will fall into place.

EIEs are in a lot of ways opposite to us. They can be so HOT and COLD. We seem to be the type that once our mind is set, we try our best to reach that ambition...in relationships too. EIEs, well I don't get what they're all about...I mean their Ni suggests to me a certain path but as far as physically making all those things happen....I dunno? They do a lot of things which contradict that too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about what happen. But considered this, Have you thought that she just didn't have enough SE to handle a relationship? don't take it personal, you were close with her, the conversation was easy, if she ever consider dating someone new, it would have been you. It could easily be overwhelming for her if she said yes, and a simple "not interested" was easier than building a brand new relationship with someone she's not sure about (because you are certain it would work because you know she is your dual, she doesn't). One thing happening in her life is like ten things happening to you, Our SE is very weak, we doubt one thing while you can move on to the next. considered what was going on in her head and the many possibilities she could have imagined and the outcome she might have seen, EIE does that, and see the possible of danger well, hence always backing off and being misinterpret as someone indecisive.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking LSI to LSI here, I know it's hard for us not to question WHY these things happen but what you have to do, is get all Se on yourself and become the best person you can be without thinking about her. That means be the best LSI you can be and everything else and everyone else, will fall into place.

EIEs are in a lot of ways opposite to us. They can be so HOT and COLD. We seem to be the type that once our mind is set, we try our best to reach that ambition...in relationships too. EIEs, well I don't get what they're all about...I mean their Ni suggests to me a certain path but as far as physically making all those things happen....I dunno? They do a lot of things which contradict that too.
    I think it is because we are intuitive, sometimes unrealistic, and I really dislike Ni because one of the thing about it is always improving on things, so it makes it all tougher than it really is and not try to act accordingly by the moment. It seems by your post you are confused by our Ni, and see a lot of contradiction. and you guys are very realistic and pragmatic. We really really need to feel comfortable to show our real side, free of any doubt and inhibition.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I think it is because we are intuitive, sometimes unrealistic, and I really dislike Ni because one of the thing about it is always improving on things, so it makes it all tougher than it really is and not try to act accordingly by the moment. It seems by your post you are confused by our Ni, and see a lot of contradiction. and you guys are very realistic and pragmatic. We really really need to feel comfortable to show our real side, free of any doubt and inhibition.
    Well I'm probably not understanding the function that well but given that your Ni feeds my hidden agenda to be certain, I find it very hard to understand how an LSI would be able to cope with an EIE who can set out his/her vision of the future but NOT do anything in the present to catalyse those far-reaching goals.

Like I hear Ni is about future paths etc, and I just wonder with the future so clear to you (if that's what it is??), wouldn't it be easy for you guys to do something about that? Obviously it's something Se is supposed to do, I just don't understand why you Ni'ers can't do it?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm probably not understanding the function that well but given that your Ni feeds my hidden agenda to be certain, I find it very hard to understand how an LSI would be able to cope with an EIE who can set out his/her vision of the future but NOT do anything in the present to catalyse those far-reaching goals.

Like I hear Ni is about future paths etc, and I just wonder with the future so clear to you (if that's what it is??), wouldn't it be easy for you guys to do something about that? Obviously it's something Se is supposed to do, I just don't understand why you Ni'ers can't do it?
    We live in our heads more often that in reality, It could sound easy to you, but for an NI type we think too much.

Like if you have Ni as your hidden agenda, I am sure you can produce that function, so imagine if you are always daydreaming and not being here right now, all the time as that is your ego function, and your mind are in that mode constantly, it would be pretty hard to concentrate and JUST DO IT.

Also, there is the factor of "How a person is thinking about us" the future isn't clear for us, it is still very vague, and we seek Ti to clear it.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIEs please report experience with LSIs

I´m curious.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast