Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSI-EIE Duality Discussion and Examples (ISTj and ENFj)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    And that is why such types are often those that rise the highest - and often those who crash down the hardest.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdance View Post
    ENFj needs people who will bring them down to earth
    I find it humorous when you combine the above two statements.

Anyways, it seems female ENFjs here, especially Kristiina, tend to have very traditional ideas about gender roles. I wonder how much of their opinions are type related and how much a result of culture and upbringing.

I have not had the opportunity to observe male ISTj - female ENFj relationship but I have observed male ISTj - male ENFj work relations. It seems to me that the ENFj more naturally takes on the leader role and actually wants to be and present himself as a strong and capable decision maker. They have a hard time admitting that they have problems in this area.

So, the way I see it the ENFj is the one who "walks ahead" and ISTj comes right behind. On occasions the ENFj starts to hesitate and in these moments the ISTj grabs him and tells him not to hesitate and just keep going. ISTj needs ENFj to show the direction and ENFj needs ISTj's help to stay in that direction (sometimes, not all the time). ISTj calms the ENFj down when they need it the most. I have never ever witnessed total submission of ENFj to ISTj decisions. Instead ENFjs can be somewhat forceful in trying to impose their decisions on other people. Or at least try to be.

Well, this thread is about male ISTj - female ENFj relation but still I would like to know whether e.g. Kristiina sees female ISTjs the same way. Do you want them to make all your decisions too? Or is part / a lot of it about traditional male and female roles. Males should do the decisions and take responsibility. Females should follow and obey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    I hear that ENFJs are boring during sex.
    That's my estimation.
    ILE - Ti.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm not ENFj; others say I'm ESTp. I know I'd rather take initiative than not, although I find it cute when girls take initiative.

So I'll give my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilzu View Post
    I'm a male ISTj (Ti subtype) and I got some questions for ENFj's. Myself, I prefer the Fe subtypes but ofcourse Ni subtypes can answer too. I used to date an ENFj (Fe subtype) and I'd like to get answers for the following questions:

1. Who should decide over things?
    a) I should make the decision on my own while trying to find the best solution suitable for both of us.
    b) I should make a suggestion and ask her if she wanted to do something more or else.
    c) Saying that anything is fine for me and I'll let her decide.
    d) Your own comments?
    Lots of girls seem to go for c; so that they can bitch later, about how you should have known blah blah based upon blah blah. A lot of them talk too much, and just like to give flack.

So I'm going with a.

You can always bounce an idea off a girl; if they say you decide, then you decide. For some reason my dark side likes to bounce stupid ideas off. But hey, I like to know there's a loop.

Own comments: This one ofcourse isn't that easy to answer to but tell me which do you prefer. Myself, I have a bit bad experiences from the c).
    I've had bad experiences with girls doing c too. Oh hangon you're saying c? Hah.

2. Victimization - About ENFj's making themselves as victims.

The ENFj I used to date (we are still very good friends) often made herself look like a victim. One time she told about her uncureable sickness she had suffered since she was 1 year old.
    I think that's like when girls like to talk about how they have some kind of conformity, or that they're going to die, or they have a headache, or they can't hear themselves think, or get worried about their limbs and so forth.

I was almost speechless. I said I'm very sorry she had to suffer from something like that.
    You're a sympathetic guy.

What's the reason for making yourself as victims and how do you expect the listener to react on this? Is this a part of a larger strategy to build deeper bonds between people?
    I think they're wanting you to take care of them,.

3. Mood changes

Our dating went very well for the first few days. After that she just announced me that it's better if we'll just stay as friends. The reason for this she said that she doesn't want to
    Maybe it was a test. Did you want to stay "just friends". You could always say that you don't do friendships with girls because it can run into complications. Thereby acknowledging that things are going to get complicated whichever way it goes.

date me because she can't give me the fullest of her now and it's such a short time after she broke up with her last man who she was engaged with. The funny part here is that it
    She's overthinking.

was actually her who made all the initiative here in the beginning. She also warned me many that she was in a bad mood etc. Is this characteristic for all ENFj's? My god can it be frustrating.
    She's worried about how she's coming across. Prop her up a bit.

4. Talk topics

Myself, I like to talk about common things which I guess makes me a bit boring. I also like to talk about deeper things but this usually requires the ENFj's initiative for the start. What
    One time I met a girl in a bar, who sat next to me. She complained about me talking about boring things. I was kind of in a down mood. She said I should make a better impression.

I found it kind of amusing. I mean, I know that I can make more of an impression sometimes than other times. I just didn't have much in the way of words. Still, we got into quite a bit of conversation somehow. Although I kept thinking of her as a prostitute. She was small, and liked to lean forward a lot.

But to be honest, I think that with some people you can just stick something out there, and they can go with that. Then you can stick something different out there. You can steer, but you don't have to do that much talking. Whereas other people you have to talk quite a lot to get conversation going, until they feel comfortable.

kind of things do you like to talk about? The girl I used to date got very excited if I talked about my feelings or something similar. But talking about stuff like this isn't very natural for me.
    Then don't talk about your feelings. Hold them back! Don't let her get too excited, but let her get some excitement, then some more; don't give it all to her at once. And get her to do something in exchange, for her getting excited.

5. Initiative for dating

How do you expect a man to make an initiative? I often make eye-contact with ENFj girls and their gaze often stops at me and they'll continue watching me even if they would be talking to someone else. Sometimes if I see a ENFj alone somewhere and I'll give her a few
    For some reason with some gazes, I want to go up and touch people. I suppose it's kind of forward. If they give too much interest/attention though, you want to come on a bit stronger, right?

glances she might start smiling a lot and she can't even seem to stop it :wink:. These probably are some sort of expressions of interest. After this it's probably safe to go and talk to them, right?
    You could always be like are you looking at me, and if she looks away, play a bit. I don't know abuot you, but I don't really like it when girls find it easy to pay attention to me. It's like there's nothing there.

If you feel it's not safe then don't, if you feel it's safe do. Just be sure of which one to do.

One more funny thing about the ENFj I used to date. We see each other almost every day. Even though she is now dating another man (she told me about this and I've even seen him) she constantly keeps on glancing me and shows other expressions of interest although I'm not replying to these gestures. But that only seems to make her do more of them...
    I think that stuff is weird, but it doesn't necessarily tell you a lot. Is she the kind of girl that needs to be in a relationship; maybe she can bounce back at you. Maybe she really wants to be friends.

My, my, it took over 30 minutes to write this post. I hope I'll get some decent answers for it :wink:
    Good luck! Go hard!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody knows a relation where is male ENFj, and female ISTj ?
    Beta extrovert from NF club.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a male ISTj (Ti subtype) and I got some questions for ENFj's. Myself, I prefer the Fe subtypes but ofcourse Ni subtypes can answer too. I used to date an ENFj (Fe subtype) and I'd like to get answers for the following questions:
    I've had a few really good EIE relations, so let me put my two cents in.

1. Who should decide over things?
    a) I should make the decision on my own while trying to find the best solution suitable for both of us.
    b) I should make a suggestion and ask her if she wanted to do something more or else.
    c) Saying that anything is fine for me and I'll let her decide.
    d) Your own comments?

Own comments: This one ofcourse isn't that easy to answer to but tell me which do you prefer. Myself, I have a bit bad experiences from the c).
    "a" works well for me in most cases, and it defiantly worked well with EIE's.

2. Victimization - About ENFj's making themselves as victims.

The ENFj I used to date (we are still very good friends) often made herself look like a victim. One time she told about her uncureable sickness she had suffered since she was 1 year old. I was almost speechless. I said I'm very sorry she had to suffer from something like that. What's the reason for making yourself as victims and how do you expect the listener to react on this? Is this a part of a larger strategy to build deeper bonds between people?
    This is true in my experience, I am not sure why they do this. I think they try to do this to get people to feel sorry for them. I think what you did was right, but I would not make it a major issue.

3. Mood changes

Our dating went very well for the first few days. After that she just announced me that it's better if we'll just stay as friends. The reason for this she said that she doesn't want to date me because she can't give me the fullest of her now and it's such a short time after she broke up with her last man who she was engaged with. The funny part here is that it was actually her who made all the initiative here in the beginning. She also warned me many that she was in a bad mood etc. Is this characteristic for all ENFj's? My god can it be frustrating.
    In my experience, yes, just be there. Don't give them a power trip if they are being manipulative (I am not saying that she is). Be simple, if you know what I mean.

4. Talk topics

Myself, I like to talk about common things which I guess makes me a bit boring. I also like to talk about deeper things but this usually requires the ENFj's initiative for the start. What kind of things do you like to talk about? The girl I used to date got very excited if I talked about my feelings or something similar. But talking about stuff like this isn't very natural for me.
    I would talk about common things with an ENFj that I was with (I think this includes really all of them), and she would take off with something else that was more Fe and Ni, I don't know how to describe it. I don't know how to describe that, EIE's are just good at that, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

5. Initiative for dating

One more funny thing about the ENFj I used to date. We see each other almost every day. Even though she is now dating another man (she told me about this and I've even seen him) she constantly keeps on glancing me and shows other expressions of interest although I'm not replying to these gestures. But that only seems to make her do more of them...
    oh god... I don't know. I think that is what I would do, have restraint!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can think of some historical examples that could be it, and in university I knew an ENFj guy who was friends with an ISTj girl, but they weren't together (the ENFj guy was with a SEE, and the ISTj girl, with an ISFp - ie benefit in both cases). The guy was very flirty with her but he managed to be "charming within the bounds of friendship" rather than obnoxious.

As for historical figures, maybe King James I of England with Queen Anne, and Emperor Justinian and Theodora, of Byzantium. I can't think of less obscure examples.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-

****** and Eva Braun, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do ISTjs and ENFjs become attracted to one another?

How ISTj and ENFj atract themselves ? Maybe someone can share some real life observations or just speculate
    Is there some dual seeking system or is it just luck that duals can find each other ? What do ya think ?

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How ISTj and ENFj atract themselves ? Maybe someone can share some real life observations or just speculate
    Is there some dual seeking system or is it just luck that duals can find each other ? What do ya think ?
    You know -- it's really easy to find LSIs, at least for me. All you have to do is be very at first, they love that, and it's easier to show than creative . You'll actually find that a lot of LSIs have ESE friends but since you're an EIE (supposedly), you'll just be that much better, and they'll realize that after getting to know you.

Honestly, LSIs are so easy to attract, maybe it's just cause I've had an LSI in my life since birth (father!). If you read the stuff on duality, it's apparently much easier if you've already had the experience early on and know how to "naturally" attract your dual by being yourself, cliche as that sounds. It's something you have to get used to - just totally exposing WHO YOU ARE to suspected LSIs. If they are, they'll respond totally with laughter, happiness, etc.

I am attracted to LSIs for the calm they exude upon me, the quiet confidence and ability to get it all done, no matter how crazed I am on the inside (worried, anxious, etc.) It's very therapeutic to be around them, and they are not at ALL robotic. They are so fun-loving and cute.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know LSI's I just want to hear something from you forumers, what is your view on this relation between ENFj and ISTj, how your relations look and even more

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm going to talk about social settings as this would be the main setting for meeting people...

In my experience, the LSI is quick to warm up to the EIEs efforts of including everyone in conversation. The problem mainly lies with the EIE, I think. It seems their primary focus is on the group dynamics and the EIE harmoising himself to relate to everyone that it seems like each person holds equal appeal to him (or the more boisterous people who are grabbing his attention). I can't speak for other LSIs but I feel a bit vulnerable when someone recognises how awkward I'm in these situations. While I do enjoy and prosper
    with the emotional blanket they create, it feels like they can see my weaknesses right away....and more to the point, my strengths aren't expressed as readily....so I don't think they see my appeal initially.

Sometimes I think it has to take a crisis situation for the EIE to see the LSIs value. Everyone is so demanding of his attention and the power play and emotional manipulation (which can grate on my nerves) they adopt sometimes just makes me think they're not worthy of my loyalty and honesty.....and I can't always trust them unless they're consistent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    Well I'm going to talk about social settings as this would be the main setting for meeting people...

In my experience, the LSI is quick to warm up to the EIEs efforts of including everyone in conversation. The problem mainly lies with the EIE, I think. It seems their primary focus is on the group dynamics and the EIE harmoising himself to relate to everyone that it seems like each person holds equal appeal to him (or the more boisterous people who are grabbing his attention). I can't speak for other LSIs but I feel a bit vulnerable when someone recognises how awkward I'm in these situations. While I do enjoy and prosper
    with the emotional blanket they create, it feels like they can see my weaknesses right away....and more to the point, my strengths aren't expressed as readily....so I don't think they see my appeal initially.

Sometimes I think it has to take a crisis situation for the EIE to see the LSIs value. Everyone is so demanding of his attention and the power play and emotional manipulation (which can grate on my nerves) they adopt sometimes just makes me think they're not worthy of my loyalty and honesty.....and I can't always trust them unless they're consistent.
    I do love trying to pull LSIs out of their misery in social settings. It's just so easy to turn them from dull and shy to "so fun-loving and cute" as scarlett phrased it. Just one sharp comment and they become alive. Neutral and friendly comments just don't do it. I get the best result if I say something like "HAAAAA! I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!! " - something completitive and even downgrading. I just love being mean to LSIs because it always helps pull them put of their shell. When I do go overboard and insult them, I can usually tell as they'll literally threaten to kick my ass if I say that again. Then I'll pull back and say something nice to balance it. When this kind of honesty disappears from the relationship, the friendship breaks and there's no saving it. I learned it the hard way, but if you remove the aggression and the competitive dialogue, and when you constantly pick the polite response before the downgrading one, then duality just disappears.

Anyway, that's the kind of extra-Fe aggressive behavior that attracts LSIs in my experience.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and the rule is still - there has to be more positive than negative. I can only say the mean comments because I spend most of the time assuring them that they're the best thing since sliced bread. When we both go home, they HAVE TO be happier than before.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

istjs fall in the dominant sexual subtype right? hello.

i have a daddy complex from hell...
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    This is code for "become a flasher"
    yeah whip it out istjs ...

...tap dances off stage.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    I do love trying to pull LSIs out of their misery in social settings. It's just so easy to turn them from dull and shy to "so fun-loving and cute" as scarlett phrased it. Just one sharp comment and they become alive. Neutral and friendly comments just don't do it. I get the best result if I say something like "HAAAAA! I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!! " - something completitive and even downgrading. I just love being mean to LSIs because it always helps pull them put of their shell. When I do go overboard and insult them, I can usually tell as they'll literally threaten to kick my ass if I say that again. Then I'll pull back and say something nice to balance it. When this kind of honesty disappears from the relationship, the friendship breaks and there's no saving it. I learned it the hard way, but if you remove the aggression and the competitive dialogue, and when you constantly pick the polite response before the downgrading one, then duality just disappears.

Anyway, that's the kind of extra-Fe aggressive behavior that attracts LSIs in my experience.
    So, Kristiina, what are you doing with a non-LSI boyfriend.

For what it's worth, I'm sure that ENFj's aren't the only one to say "I win". Although maybe the "I Win I win I win,." seems more than most people would do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post

I remember reading this when I was still trying to work out my type, and it caused me some problems then (and sort of still does). Maybe it is because this is from an EIE perspective, but I really don't identify with some of the way LSIs are described here.

I agree with the parts about honesty breaking friendships to a point of no return. And yeah, the thing about bickering does make sense in the context of close friendships - but I wouldn't expect to be constantly bickering with every EIE I met. For example, there's this EIE guy with whom I have a really easy, mutually compatible friendship. Yes, he says scathing and hilarious things about his workplace, and always has a great anecdote or comment to add, and is very willing to character assassinate people on demand. But, the way we interact is not through aggressive dialogue. His 'aggression' is outwardly focused, on other parties, and it is not constant either - it is merely one facet of his character, and certainly not the sole reason I'm friends with him. I would be rather taken aback and honestly displeased if he started interacting with me the same way, say, unefille did (whom I bicker with constantly). I don't know...'aggressive' comments certainly get my attention, but I think there's a time and place for them.

My other issue with this description of LSIs is the idea that they are somehow vulnerable or even incompetant in social situations. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself in social situations, and I'm comfortable approaching people when I want to. I don't feel like I 'need' someone to bring me out of my shell. And I can't say that when someone is 'mean' to me that makes me want to be around them. Sometimes it makes me competitive and want to exercise some form of dominance over them - but most of those guys that's happened with I don't really consider close friends.

I don't know. Kristiina, I'm not trying to attack you or your description or anything here, but reading stuff like this really makes me question whether I'm LSI. Maybe the problem is with me and I'm just not one.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idolatrie View Post
    I don't know. Kristiina, I'm not trying to attack you or your description or anything here, but reading stuff like this really makes me question whether I'm LSI. Maybe the problem is with me and I'm just not one.
    Oh, please, now you're just being passive-aggressive.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    lol, yeah. Over the years I have found that when EIEs win they tend to preform these gay little victory dances. It's precious. ;]
    Hmm, when I win, I try to pretend that I didn't win.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    Oh, please, now you're just being passive-aggressive. =p
    Spank her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Spank her.
    Bitch please.

But also...why is that meant to deter me??
    allez cuisine!

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Bitch please.

But also...why is that meant to deter me??
    It might excite you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spank her.
    In your dreams.

--

On a more serious note:

1. Idolatrie is right - she's not particularly shy or hesitant. But she is static. In any situation, if she's made up her mind to talk to certain people, she kind of dives right in, as though hunting. I, on the other hand, will be hesitant initially, if I'm invested in this person/these people liking me. Beset with doubts. But once we're in the 'fray' of it all, she tends to remain 'anchored' to who she's talking to, like she's accomplished her 'reaching out' bit of the night, and I will drift around, talking to more and more people, and my 'social energy' will get greater as the night goes on.

2. I would have to say, most LSIs (I think they are at the moment - all male bar idolatrie though) initiate with me - usually by asking a direct question. Of course, in order for that to happen, I have to smile and make eye contact and do all the 'I have now acknowledged you, so I promise not to bite if you talk to me' signals.

3. My friendship with idolatrie isn't overtly competitive, though we (as individuals) are competitive. We respect each other and as a team, compete with other people. If we're in direct competition though, we both take it way too seriously to joke about it. It's only ages after that we can joke about 'I totally kicked your ass!' But, uh, honestly, that's a very sensitive thing and there are areas where you can openly compete (like...boardgames, or who can carry the heaviest bags for longest etc) and then there are areas you can't. That said, we don't feel BAD about competing against each other: when we are in competition mode, we just separate that from our friendship.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, when I win, I try to pretend that I didn't win.
    As odd as it feels to agree with you Merky, I have to say: same here.

When I win (and I very much want to win) the feeling is more of relief than elation. ['OMG, I didn't lose' more than 'I won'.] So, sure, I want to bask in the glory and deep inside I want my awesomeness acknowledged, but I tend to act completely nonchalant, if smiley and relaxed. You can probably see me visibly relax.

But no victory dances, ever. Those are kinda tacky in public, particularly in front of people you just beat. In private, with people I like and trust? Bring out the champagne, the gloating and the joyous dancing!
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yeah, the thing about bickering does make sense in the context of close friendships - but I wouldn't expect to be constantly bickering with every EIE I met.
    I wouldn't really call it bickering, but it's very common with me and EIEs. How about teasing?
    My other issue with this description of LSIs is the idea that they are somehow vulnerable or even incompetant in social situations. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself in social situations, and I'm comfortable approaching people when I want to.
    How often do you want to? Maybe saying that EIEs make you "want to" will make it easier? :-P
    You do seem extrovert to me, at least in a socionics sense.
    I don't feel like I 'need' someone to bring me out of my shell. And I can't say that when someone is 'mean' to me that makes me want to be around them.
    She was talking about beta mean, not asshole mean.
    LSI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    How often do you want to? Maybe saying that EIEs make you "want to" will make it easier? :-P
    I don't think any of this necessarily makes her an extrovert, though it makes her quite aggressive, I suppose might be the word for it. As far as the question of energy expenditure goes, she's not particularly energetic. More stable and unmovable than volatile.

She's just being touchy about being seen as someone who is socially retarded or requiring any social assistance in any form. I think more to the point is that I call her a 'retard' and a 'useless fatty' and all sorts of awful names and she doesn't mind because it's me. She basically doesn't take it from anyone else. Would she take it from other EIEs? She says no, but I would think she has to. I certainly tease/mock/abuse just about everybody I like or whose company I enjoy, I'm sure it's the same with most EIEs.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    I wouldn't really call it bickering, but it's very common with me and EIEs. How about teasing?

She was talking about beta mean, not asshole mean.
    Hmm, I was having a chat about this with unefille last night, where she basically pointed out I was being cranky and purposely misunderstanding the point. And I guess in some ways that's exactly what happened. I don't like what's associated with being an 'introvert'. I think this is some of the e8 bleeding through as well. I don't really need help when I'm in a social situation in terms of getting what I want out of it. But I think that's more to do with being reasonably self-confident. In terms of where my energy is directed, I know I'm more inwardly-focused. But yes, I'm having issues with extrovert/introvert, socionically and otherwise, and that's probably meant I'm projecting stuff in what I write to compensate.

I think the problem is that I just only know the one EIE. I know I wrote previously about being friends with another EIE, but again, after talking it over with unefille, we decided he's actually IEI. And given the only EIE I know is my best friend, I've always put our mode of interaction down to us being, you know, best friends for ages. So yes, we bicker and tease constantly. It just feels like a leap for me to say I act like that around my best friend, to I act like that around all EIEs. Since I have no empirical evidence of how I would act around another EIE. But I take your point - we totally put on a 'show' when around other people, and entertain them. Completely ramp up the atmosphere.

Same goes for 'Beta mean'. Apparently I just don't even notice it, haha. I was being cranky and pedantic in my first reply.
    allez cuisine!

TIM
    EIE Ni
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need an ISTj bad. I need to stop attracting ESTp's
    ENFj Ni subtype 3w4
    "And once you lose your way you have two choices. Find the person you used to be or lose that person completely"
    formerly onetreehilluver

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    idolatrie & unefille, I think its great that you two have such a close dual friendship, thats always good to see. You're both very lucky to have each other.
    Haha, yeah, I'm definitely lucky to have her. <3

So next time I get bitchy on forum, *points to unefille* talk to her. She'll call me and nag until I get on here and apologise.
    allez cuisine!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GUYS, WE NEED TO STOP THREADJACKING!

THE ORIGINAL POST ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT EIE-LSI INTERACTION, PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY WERE CURIOUS ABOUT HOW TO FIND/ATTRACT A DUAL.

SO FOCUS ON THAT!
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

GUYS, WE NEED TO STOP THREADJACKING!

THE ORIGINAL POST ASKED A QUESTION ABOUT EIE-LSI INTERACTION, PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY WERE CURIOUS ABOUT HOW TO FIND/ATTRACT A DUAL.

SO FOCUS ON THAT!
    It expired. Turn the page. Next time, someone starts another thread we'll get more answers. Learning is progressive. You need fun as well as strife.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was with a friend yesterday and we met an ENFj, in some kind of stand on the street asking people for money or signatures to save the children of the world. I don't care about the children of the world so I took out my map and preemptively asked her for directions. She was very helpful and asked why I was there etc, having these Fe bursts whenever she liked the answers, including a little hop with a smile and a shy double thumbs-up when we told her we were italians. Ahaha totally cute.

I was being cranky and pedantic in my first reply.
    The ISTj apology! We might be identicals after all (c:
    LSI

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 09-28-2008 at 01:18 AM.
    Suomea

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    ESTj and Delta NF?
    I really doubt it.
    Last edited by Park; 09-05-2008 at 01:46 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    "naturally" attract your dual by being yourself, cliche as that sounds. It's something you have to get used to - just totally exposing WHO YOU ARE
    I've been doing that lately. I find an INFj and go black square on 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Suomea View Post
    ESTj and Delta NF?
    What's that supposed to mean?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. I would have to say, most LSIs (I think they are at the moment - all male bar idolatrie though) initiate with me - usually by asking a direct question. Of course, in order for that to happen, I have to smile and make eye contact and do all the 'I have now acknowledged you, so I promise not to bite if you talk to me' signals.
    This works well, provided the guy is willing to approach.

Observation Of The Wild Mercution In Its Natural Habitat - Impact of Dynamic Mammeries On Reproductive Cycles
    <3 <3 <3
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    This is code for "become a flasher"
    allez cuisine!

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i've read that role acts as an activator for the other dual or smth, like people "recognise a dual" when they see their own 7th in action or smth.
    example

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    don't have one, sorry. no rly, just can't think of a good example lol
    i reckon this whole 7th forum abstract reasoning bullshit is too complicated for normal people.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast