Thread: A challenge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A challenge

Forget everything for a minute or more:

So what makes SN part of P? What makes FT part of J? If we don’t know where they come from than why are they from the same place? How do we know for sure we are seeing S, N, F, T or I & E? If we don’t know where they came from then how do we know what forces propel or draw them in? Or are SN really even P at all? TF really even J? Really think about this.

Why does thinking inhibit feeling, but not sensing? Or does it? Is it just purely observational, or is there more to this?

How about this: Why does Ji use Pe creatively? Or does it not really fully act that way?

How do you know you are really seeing a function? Have you seen things in your life that look like things but are not really what you thought that they were?

Can you provide answers to all of these questions?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does thinking inhibit feeling, but not sensing? Or does it? Is it just purely observational, or is there more to this?
    Based off of Carl Jung's observations. Thinking inhibits feeling but not snesing because thinking and feeling are trying to process the same information while they have little to do with sensing.

How about this: Why does Ji use Pe creatively? Or does it not really fully act that way?
    Because it is trying to use the opposite brain, and when you force yourself to use the opposite you use it creatively. It's also a way to balance out your E/I.

How do you know you are really seeing a function? Have you seen things in your life that look like things but are not really what you thought that they were?
    You don't know... you never know anything. Maybe you are just a brain in a jar who is just dreaming right now.... maybe you are in some kind of Matrix world. Don't know, don't care.

http://braintypes.com/brain.htm
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're just assuming that all of the information on that website is valid and accurate.

You are also assuming that all of the answers lie in looking at different regions of the brain. And since you are not a neurologist, nor a psychologist, you cannot provide an answer to this question in that manner.

BrainTypes.com is a theory and it is a website. Don't just take the information as true and real.

You are trying to justify physical explanations using a rehashed theory which has not solid scientific grounds. It is incomplete and assumption based. The whole idea of right and left brain people is more of a pop culture idea which LOOKS real, but cannot fully be explained and is therefore the subject of scrutiny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're semi-right here. The only problem is that this is the best explaination you'll get. Also, nothing on that website is based off of speculation; if you read through it you will notice that it is based entirely off of empirical research. The guy who started that website is an ISTJ and you probably already know that ISTJs are the last type to jump to conclusions and use speculations.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best explanation you'll get with Socionics doesn't seem to have to do so much with the brain at all. That's what I'm trying to encourage.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Creepy------

:wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can be SF, you can be ST you can be NF you can be NT, you can't be FT you can't be NS... thats what separates them... you can go around interviewing peopel and youll be able to notice if you are observant the function extremes and the model-A will emerge, I have no way to prove it to you really unless I put a lot of money into it but I do see the patterns in people. This subject isn't math and I can't provide proofs for you, its either you see it yourself and trust the system, or trust the peopel that do and trust the system, or just don't trust it at all. Personally I recomend to use it as a guide line withthe assumption that evolution is very optimal and that space, time, matter, and energy must be dealt with and neither can be overlooked, and thats what humans do. If you don;t believe that then you are assuming humans are magical creatures and exceptions to the iniverse where everything is adapted to deal with its suroundings.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Creepy-pokeball

This site has ghosts...apparently.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My theory is that the ghost is one of the present members testing everyone to make sure they know the fundamentals.
    -Slava

Creepy-pokeball

Thats not very sincere if so =\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a dog-eat-dog forum
    -Slava

Creepy-pokeball

I guess everyone is brave when assuming the position of pixels~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahhaha
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a dog eat dog world as well. Gotta be careful what you say because good information is very valuable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[same response as my last post]
    -Slava

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It's a dog eat dog world as well. Gotta be careful what you say because good information is very valuable."

Uh-huh, sure. The information produced here is VERY valueable.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you said it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, if we hoard information how are we ever going to be able to advance the theory?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I'm not going to horde the information. I'll tell you all very soon but you're just going to have to wait until I find the most fair means (for myself) of doing that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, if we hoard information how are we ever going to be able to advance the theory?
    Because I'm not done yet. I still can't figure out why Ji means Pe or what E/I really, really is.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ----
    Forget everything for a minute or more:

So what makes SN part of P? What makes FT part of J? If we don’t know where they come from than why are they from the same place? How do we know for sure we are seeing S, N, F, T or I & E? If we don’t know where they came from then how do we know what forces propel or draw them in? Or are SN really even P at all? TF really even J? Really think about this.

Alright, time to take a stab at this; gotta love a fresh perspective. Though, I don't really know what I'm talking about in terms of Socionics, but that's the point I guess. Just thinking out loud here, forgive me if I don't make sense, or if I'm flat out wrong.

I always thought the whole j/p thing was out of place, kind of made-up(as if any of it isn't). Sensing and intution by nature are irrational, you can't really act on them, there has to be a thought process somewhere...otherwise it's just a reflex. Thinking and feeling...well, you've got to have something to think or feel about, that's where the so-called P fuctions come in. I guess that's why they are dichotomized like that. Are F and T, and S and N, really inhibiting each other? It doesn't really seem that way to me. Sometimes they can be at odds, but sometimes what one thinks and what one sees can contradict also I guess. That might not be healthy, though.

In most cases, you're going to see an amalgamation of functions.
    I have trouble with confusing E and F. I'm never sure which I'm seeing. ExTx types sometimes seem F to me, and IxFx types sometimes seem E. Probably because of social interactions.

Okay, that's it for now. It's good to get down to the nitty gritty...now where're that thread where Waddlesworth and PedrotheLion were discussing things in depth? I was too lazy to read it before, since I had trouble understanding it.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible