Thread: Difficult challenge: Hard-to-type descriptions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Difficult challenge: Hard-to-type descriptions

Here's a toughie...6 descriptions of complex personalities; see if you can type them. Some of them actually may not be so hard, but some probably are. Note that the attributes I mention here may not all be from the ego block! Also, even very different descriptions here may belong to the same type.

A. Strong moral force, deeply felt and personal sense of values (doesn't assume values or accept superficially), sense of peace, love of nature, formal clarity, driving creativity, never loses focus, extremely strong sense of the way things should be, has deep feelings applying globally to all humanity, feels tragedy and injustice strongly, seeks to bring hope, values order, has a nature like clock-work, hopes to usher in the perfect and beneficent logical fair and intelligent order, envisions an orderly perfection that's almost military-like in its in its orderliness, clarity at all times, unique sense of humor, roots for the "little guy," seeks to rally everyone to this vision of perfect hope, peace, and order; understands the struggle it will take to get there, expresses tragedy with a strong sense of defiance, and celebrates victories intensely. Leaves people feeling motivated.

B. Indulgent intellectualism, playing with language, intellectual argumentation with arguments that circle about and seem to digress but always loop back and never get lost, intellectualism out front and center, intellectualizes about emotional things, a sense of something cherished and valued and loved, room filled with the smoke of heavy intellectual atmosphere, somewhat sentimental, highly confident. Leaves people feeling intellectually stimulated.

C. Internal energy, solidity, insides of steel, knowing exactly what one wants, excitability, vulnerability to romanticism, openness to romantic adventure, valuing relationships, reflecting about past or future relationships. Leaves people feeling energized, impressed, and sentimental.

D. Stark realistic stance, internal imagery, playing with ideas, irony, symbolism, prophetic, deep inner emotions, directness even when it may not be "pretty," sense of mystery, pessimistic but with an enjoyment of sardonic expression. Leaves people feeling open to a deeper meaning.

E. Indulgent and unbridled imagination, imagination of sensory delights, sense of beauty, somewhat hedonistic, a sense of floating, pleasant day-dreams, seeing ever more shades, more nuances, grasping a sense of complexity without really formalizing it, fluid imagination with one thing leading into (or turning into) another, imagining fun and beautiful places, fantasy-land, whimsical, sweet, loving, reassuring people, but sometimes quite self-indulgent; strong inner desire to achieve harmony, intimate, communicates with a certain concreteness, free, creative, unconventional, seeks to please in a direct way, evokes other worlds but in a direct sensory way, formal/intellectual complexity is obscured by an appearance of naive simplicity. Expresses in an inviting way (rather than just to impress). Leaves people feeling relaxed, imaginative, and open to new worlds; and sometimes inspires elegant physical activity.

F. A sense of a social emotion, a social order, romantic sentiments, literary quality, elegant entrances that catch people's attention, strong sensitivity and expressiveness, subtlety and lightness, elegant at all times, highly fluent and articulate in an elegant and gentle way. Leaves people feeling impressed and idealistic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A. INFJ
    B. ENTP/ENTJ
    C. ESFP/ISFJ
    D. INFP
    E. ENTP/ENFP
    F. ENFJ

interesting game, i'd like to hear what you think these people are
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A. INFj
    B. ENTp
    C. ENTj
    D. INFp
    E. ISFp
    F. ENFj

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are very hard indeed, I have to agree.

1- ENFj, but since I'm not familiar with INFjs, could just as well be one of them.

2- ENFp, i think.

3- ENTj, but only if this not an all-round description.

4- INTp

5- ENTp perhpaps, but there is an imbalance in intuitive types here.

6- INFp, ISFj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A. ESTj

B. ENTj

C. INFp

D. INTp

E. ISFp

F. ENFj
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are good, thanks. These were my rough attempts on listening to some pieces of classical music to jot down whatever thoughts came to mind (see if you can guess the composers...except for E who's too obscure to get).

As I wrote the A description, I was thinking of an INFj who's focused on realizing the dual axis (ESTj). Te->Si in the ego block seems less likely to me. ENFj seems to be a good alternate choice. I think your responses help me validate that he may really be INFj, or at least one of these two.

I've decided the description of B wasn't so good; your responses were reasonable based on what I wrote though. The person in B is hard to describe; maybe sometime later I'll do a better job; I think I'm missing an important aspect of his personality in my description.

C is also tough. Some parts of the description suggest INFp; but "solidity, insides of steel, knowing exactly what one wants" don't seem typical of INFp (?). This was describing someone who is often considered INTj but always used to seem NF to me. Ne seems certain, but that part didn't come out well in my description.

D is probably the easiest...INTp. And some Socionists have said INFp. I think I described that one pretty well.

E: That's hard because I was including some cues that would lead one to think ISFp, and others that would lead to N. I'd be curious about people's reasoning here...How do you know, for example, that it's describing Ne and not Ni? Is it the apparent presence of Si that suggests Ne, or something else?

F: I was describing someone usually considered to be INFp, but ENFj is very plausible based on my description.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A- EII
    B- ILE
    C- very unusual. ESI as a complete guess, but there are also elements of Ti and Fe.
    D- ILI
    E- IEI
    F- EIE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Difficult challenge: Hard-to-type descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    A. Strong moral force, deeply felt and personal sense of values (doesn't assume values or accept superficially), sense of peace, love of nature, formal clarity, driving creativity, never loses focus, extremely strong sense of the way things should be, has deep feelings applying globally to all humanity, feels tragedy and injustice strongly, seeks to bring hope, values order, has a nature like clock-work, hopes to usher in the perfect and beneficent logical fair and intelligent order, envisions an orderly perfection that's almost military-like in its in its orderliness, clarity at all times, unique sense of humor, roots for the "little guy," seeks to rally everyone to this vision of perfect hope, peace, and order; understands the struggle it will take to get there, expresses tragedy with a strong sense of defiance, and celebrates victories intensely. Leaves people feeling motivated.
    INFj-Fi comes closest.

B. Indulgent intellectualism, playing with language, intellectual argumentation with arguments that circle about and seem to digress but always loop back and never get lost, intellectualism out front and center, intellectualizes about emotional things, a sense of something cherished and valued and loved, room filled with the smoke of heavy intellectual atmosphere, somewhat sentimental, highly confident. Leaves people feeling intellectually stimulated.
    ENTp but not everything fits.

C. Internal energy, solidity, insides of steel, knowing exactly what one wants, excitability, vulnerability to romanticism, openness to romantic adventure, valuing relationships, reflecting about past or future relationships. Leaves people feeling energized, impressed, and sentimental.
    It suggests Ni, Fe, Se, perhaps Ti. Some Beta NF type? What makes no sense is the "insides of steel". Yet perhaps ENFj anyway.

D. Stark realistic stance, internal imagery, playing with ideas, irony, symbolism, prophetic, deep inner emotions, directness even when it may not be "pretty," sense of mystery, pessimistic but with an enjoyment of sardonic expression. Leaves people feeling open to a deeper meaning.
    Te, Ne/Ni, Fi -- INTp.

E. Indulgent and unbridled imagination, imagination of sensory delights, sense of beauty, somewhat hedonistic, a sense of floating, pleasant day-dreams, seeing ever more shades, more nuances, grasping a sense of complexity without really formalizing it, fluid imagination with one thing leading into (or turning into) another, imagining fun and beautiful places, fantasy-land, whimsical, sweet, loving, reassuring people, but sometimes quite self-indulgent; strong inner desire to achieve harmony, intimate, communicates with a certain concreteness, free, creative, unconventional, seeks to please in a direct way, evokes other worlds but in a direct sensory way, formal/intellectual complexity is obscured by an appearance of naive simplicity. Expresses in an inviting way (rather than just to impress). Leaves people feeling relaxed, imaginative, and open to new worlds; and sometimes inspires elegant physical activity.
    Ne, Si, Fe/Fi, more Fe; ISFp.

F. A sense of a social emotion, a social order, romantic sentiments, literary quality, elegant entrances that catch people's attention, strong sensitivity and expressiveness, subtlety and lightness, elegant at all times, highly fluent and articulate in an elegant and gentle way. Leaves people feeling impressed and idealistic.
    Fe, Ni -- ENFj but it's a horrible description.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    A. INFj
    B. ENTp
    C. ENTj
    D. INFp
    E. ISFp
    F. ENFj
    Very good, I agree entirely!
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Difficult challenge: Hard-to-type descriptions

These are coming out well, thanks. Just about everyone sees INFj in A, which makes sense to me; most people get INTp or at least INxp in D and some sort of IxFp in E, all of which make sense. Remember though these are complex people; could C be "an INTj who thinks he's INFp"?

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Fe, Ni -- ENFj but it's a horrible description.
    A horrible desciption of ENFj, or a horrible description of the person I'm trying to describe (if you guessed)?