Thread: A good friend of mine

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A good friend of mine

She tested as an INFP in an online test, but I don't think she's one at all.

I have known her since secondary school and we are currently in the same university. She's majoring in Real Estate by default and hates her course to bits. She would comment about how she wished that she had opted to do a diploma instead of 'A' Levels in the first place. If possible, she would do a design-related course 'cos she thinks that she would enjoy it (even though she is not someone who draws during her free time).

Her hobbies are singing karaoke, playing pool, watching TV, window shopping or simply hanging out with friends. She likes to complain about how limited her hobbies are, but doesn't make an effort to pick up new ones. She also enjoys writing her blog during her free time. Even though she didn't take a course in web design and html, she learns to change her blogskins through trial and error. She also enjoys reading popular fantasy novels and listening to pop music.

She doesn't seem to be a curious person when it comes to theoretical subjects. She loves to question me about my choice of majoring in Psychology 'cos she feels that "you should major in what you study during 'A' Levels if possible." She couldn't understand why I enjoy reading theoretical subjects that are not taught in school or related to exams, and thought I'm wasting my time. Moreover, she hates writing and prefer maths.

She has a cheerful but very high-pitched voice. She is very self-conscious and often asked me whether she is fat and whether she sounds like a kid. She is skeptical when I said "no" even though I meant it. She likes to talk about her everyday happenings even though they sounded boring to me. She is one of the two persons whom I share my problems to because she is not judgmental.

She has a uber-ISTj boyfriend. She likes him because he's stable, responsible, shy, decent-looking, and always follow his schedule. However, she also complained that she didn't like the idea of been attached. She feels that it might restrict her chances of getting to know potential who are better than him.

She is someone who enjoys buying bargain stuff. She would know when is the next sales coming and where she can buy something that is cheaper compared to elsewhere. She enjoys buying bargain clothes and loves to brag about how little she spends on such and such. She is not a well-groomed person (eg. washing her face only with water) and spends as little effort as possible on her appearance. Her usual style is T-shirt, jeans and sandals. However, she enjoys buying and collecting DVDs. She loves to watch the 80's and 90's slapstick comedy movies. And it really puzzles me 'cos I feel that she is not setting her priorities right. She complains that she doesn't seem to have enough money and yet she spends lots of money on such frivolous stuff.

Our relations
    Even though I don't think I learn anything from her, I nevertheless enjoy her company 'cos she's such an unassuming person. I feel that our closeness is developed through the amount of activities we engaged in together such as watching a movie, singing, going out etc rather than through conversations. She can't relate to my idealism and my line of thoughts. She feels that I always see too much in a situation. To me, she's someone who is passive and always wait for people to take the initiative.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is her blog public?
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    ISFp.
    Case closed. This seems like a very clear ISFp profile. And of course Expat knows ISFps, lol.

Ok I guess there are INFp Fe subs who could perhaps act like that but she seems sensory to me. And I can see how the thing that keeps you too together is the Careful-Infantile match. That's about all you have according to what you write but it can be a big thing. She cares about you and your problems and you appreciate that instead of judging you she is careful.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp indeed.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds ISFp to me too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Is her blog public?
    Yup. She likes it when strangers compliment how creative her blogskin is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my god

Too much Javascript and fancy cursors.
    Misaligned navigation menu with no labels.
    Highlighting disabled.

Yes, her blogskin is the most creative one I've seen this year. If she decides to switch to web design, she should read Designing Web Usability : The Practice of Simplicity or even Web Pages That Suck: Learn Good Design by Looking at Bad Design. Unless she intends to terrorize her prospective teachers.

There is the cute tone to her writings that I associate with ISFps, though. Sounds like the users "Taz" and "normal". She is also very similar to my best friend -- the constant complaints about her health; the lack of concern over her appearance; the movie/anime recommendations; spending her money on frivolities. Except my friend's writing is easier on the eyes :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by My friend
    Woo, another entry peoples. Jess was saying it was time for a new one and I agree! So here we go!

Today was a rather boring day, and extremely hot. It seems Summer is already upon us, even though it's only Spring! Imagine what the REAL Summer is going to be like, I believe we are all going to die. Or...melt, something like that. I actually drank two bottles of Water (OMG) It's rather rare for me, so it just goes to show, it really is heating up. Fortunately, we have the Air-Con going, but unfortunately, it doesn't go into my room very much ;_; So i'm still rather hot in here. But the rest of the house is nice and cool. I really think it's stupid that they expect us to be able to learn anything in this sort of heat, I find it extremely hard to concentrate in class when it's like this...WE NEED AIR-CON AT SCHOOL. Although, I think this issue is brought up nearly anytime that Summer is coming around, and still, nothing is done. So stupid. Lets hope I live to continue producing these long boring blogs for all of you to read.

I recently got Dancemania Evolution SPEED G2 and G3, also, Dancemania Trance-Z. I have to say, they have some excellent songs on them. On G2, there's a Remix of "All the things she said", super speed. Really, the vocals are so fast, it's creepy, but sounds really good at the same time. There's also a remix of Lose Yourself, although, Rapping sounds really quite stupid when it's sped up to that sort of level. So I don't really like it. It has a Speed mix of Sk8er Boi, which Jess really likes as well! Woo, yes, it's quite good. She said it made her want to dance around like a fool, oh, that would be funny to see. G3 is great too, the first track is a mix of "Amazing Grace" from the Speed All Stars, and it really does sound good! I really like "You can't hurry Love" by Judy Crystal and "Kiss Kiss" by Hanna. Hannah also likes this one. The BPM of all the songs is so hiiiigh, and makes you feel all high and stuff. I do like my Speed now, woo. I uploaded the playlist for G3, so you can browse that if you like. I wish I had a proper MP3 Player, so I could put lots on ;_; I'm hoping to get an iPod Shuffle, so lets hope so. Woo, music for everyone. There's also this song on G2 called "Joe Joe", and it's by Jenny ROM, it's a great song too.

I saw Serenity on Tuesday, and I tell you, it's the greatest movie i've seen in a while. I borrowed the original Series off Rick, which i've yet to return, because I feel like watching it again, because it's wonderfully wonderul. Honestly, it's s series by Joss Whedon, and I did love Buffy, hence I love this as well. He did such a good job, I really like the whole Western Theme with Space. It mixes surprisingly well! The theme is a country song, it's great. Usually, you wouldn't expect the actors in a series to be able to cope too well with a movie, but amazingly, they pulled it off with flying colors. It was great. The storyline sort of went from the end of series, so it's much better if you watch the series first, as you sort of get an orientation there, and most of the characters past, and stuff like that. But just see the movie, seriously, it's really good. I can't commend it anymore, I'm going to see it again i'd say, just because it was so good. Although, it did get sad a bit ;_; especially when Book died and then later on, Wash was flying the ship, and they crashed landed, and then he was in the middle of his little saying "I'm a leaf on the win.." and then stab! He got pierced with this thing that came through the windscreen, oh, it was so sad. After that, Kaylee got shot with these things in her neck from the 'Reavers' (I don't know whether it's "Reavers" or "Reevers", one of the two") and then Simon got shot!! I was thinking, "Please don't die! PLEASE!" and fortunately, they didn't! Yay! But Book dieing was still very sad, because he played a pretty big part in the series...and he was a funny character ^^ especially the part when River got scared of all his hair, lol, that was very funny. Joss Whedon intergrates Humour with Drama very, very well. Just see the movie!!!

ReelAnime is coming soon. ReelAnime is a madman thing, and if any of you readers out there have subscribed to Madmad newsletters, you'd also know this. It's a thing where they screen Anime movies, some look quite good. Please do tell if you might like to go see one with me, because i'm probably going, it should be fun. They're showing Appleseed, a movie i've heard lots about, and it seems like a rather good movie, and I would like to see it. I'd rather not go by myself, and i'd also rather not go with Rick and Hannah, or Simon and Kelly, as I feel like a bit of a loner at those times. Gosh, yesterday, here is Kelly & Simon hugging, Rick & Hannah doing the same, and I walked through the middle of the two and said "What is this...Love? Pssh" It was rather funny, I looked like a bit of a dork. So, bottom line of this paragraph is that i'm sick of going places with couples. I think i've said the same in previous blog =\ Oh, well, i've said it again.

I guess that's about all i've got to say in this blog. Oh, well. Hope you've been bored to tears, and now, leave a comment as evidence of your torture! Woo. I hope you enjoyed it remotely, though. It's just my thoughts. I apologize in advance for any spelling errors and the like. Fare the well~
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)