Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about your mirror?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you feel about your mirror?

I've noticed that some people seem to view their mirror as foolish or annoying.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like my mirror.
    i sometimes feel a little..judged..by them, but i think it's mostly me projecting...
    as in, i know that some part of me isn't something they care for or are against, and so when I'm around them, i'll be careful to avoid that context

but otherwise, i find being with my mirror a lot of fun and mentally stimulating (as in working on my mental flexibility more)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thread. I just spent a week working with an INFj friend of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    i like my mirror.
    i sometimes feel a little..judged..by them, but i think it's mostly me projecting...
    I feel that slightly too.

He can get a little down on himself and often compains no one talks to him etc. He does go on about it a bit too much which can become quite annoying. He seems to always compliment me about being popular. He thinks im very fortunate etc. He doesn't look up to me per say, he just wants to have that too.

On the other hand he is a great and kind guy. A lot of his problems with people is not due to a lack of social skills, its that he hasn't gone out enough. He needs to put himself out there more.

Being around him is extremely comfortable. We can both be ourselves. We can just both be quiet and its totally fine then the next minute we will be talking away.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disdain in many cases

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    disdain in many cases
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Same.
    Why? It seems a bit odd. I actually get along well with ENTps.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My boss at work is an ENTj, we get on really well together.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my dad, who i think is LIE, and i seem to be fairly good at communicating but he always drives me insane by how much he wants me to do around the house. i would be much more content leaving everything in a state of disarray than expending the energy necessary to deal with everything.

the result is usually that he has to do most everything himself and gets pissed off with me for that reason.

besides that, however, i believe that he and i possess a good relationship.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    my dad, who i think is LIE, and i seem to be fairly good at communicating but he always drives me insane by how much he wants me to do around the house. i would be much more content leaving everything in a state of disarray than expending the energy necessary to deal with everything.

the result is usually that he has to do most everything himself and gets pissed off with me for that reason.

besides that, however, i believe that he and i possess a good relationship.
    haha this sounds like my relationship with myself (more often than not the lazy "me" wins)

that can't be healthy...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like my mirror. When I'm with them, I feel comfortable been myself knowing that they will not judge me. It's hard to find someone who is extraverted, talkative, assertive, has a good sense of humor and yet kind, thoughtful, and sincere at the same time. They are probably the nicest people on this earth (the next nicest type after them is ESFj). But strangely, I don't think I will date or marry one. I just don't feel that kind of connection or attraction when I'm with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    a lot of times they are full of themselves/idiotic/selfish

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFjs rock
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like INTps very much, but I've found that a romantic relationship with one is only possible if you are willing to take all the initiative and if you are geographically really very close.

I am very good friends with a m INTp - f ISFj couple. I always enjoyed spending time with them.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of times they are full of themselves/idiotic/selfish
    Aren't we all though?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't we all though?
    in different proportions, yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly everything in between and this goes both ways I believe. The longer I interact with someone, the more sides of his/her personality I see and this of course means witnessing the less pretty parts occasionally. I expect that.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know any mirror from close. I know one which is a medic (dentist) and I rarely see him.

He seems to like me. Last time I saw him he spent quite a bit of time showing me a catalog of medical instruments to see if I could get some ideas for my inventions.

I like most people who is polite to me, so I don't say I felt anything special. ISTp are also like that, always showing me their interests while I listen or observe.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't we all though?
    in different proportions, yes
    i am comfortable around my mirror, esp female intj's, who are a little more socially skilled than the men, at least from what i have noticed. with male intj's i'm comfortable, too, but like pedro says it's a little like c'mon, get over yourself. i think because i see how they could make "corrections". these would be little corrections though, so i find it funny, kind of. but intj's don't really bother me. it's kind of like "you're such a hump!!"

my intj brother bothers me a lot less than he bothers my enfp brother or infj/estj parents, for sure!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes foolish....sometimes inspiring......sometimes comforting.....always changing between those, or a mixture
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huljkjhk
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like LIE's, though sometimes they are somewhat demanding ...
    ILI

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    I like generally like my Mirror. sometimes they can be odd and even annoying, sometimes they scare me, and I really do find the emotional outburst almost embarrassing at times. Other than that I get on well with them.

I usually try to avoid the nerdier ones though... because damn, those people are usually social outcasts for a reason The quieter calmer ones are very chill. There is a quiet ENFj guy who comes over to my house a lot, and I hardly ever notice that he's there most of the time.
    i think i hate you
    catfight lol
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've started to work a lot with this INTP girl and I enjoy our interactions very much. She definitely has to be one of the most emotionless girls I've ever met, but we make a good work team.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like my mirror. She's one of my best friends. I like how she's so calm and doesn't usually have a lot of drama going on, so when I ramble on and on about my drama, it balances out. I used to think this probably annoyed her, but she seems to like seeing me get myself into funny/strange situations. I think she enjoys knowing she's not the one in those situations too.

She seems to like some excitement added to her life, as otherwise she sits at home I think. Though she seems to really like just sitting at home so she can be hard to drag out at times. She's also so organized and loves to have things decided, so she's always planning way in advance, meanwhile, I'm changing direction half way through, and losing things. But she's pretty social though she's quiet, and always polite with new people, which is good because I love to meet new people and add them to the group when I'm out, and she doesn't give them the cold shoulder like some other introverts that take longer to warm up to people.

Generally we're pretty chill and I can definitely hang out w/ her longer than many of my other friends. I can tell she's super avoidant of conflict though, so sometimes I have to force myself to bring up issues w/ her, even though I can tell she'd really prefer to avoid all conflict. So I end up being a lot less direct with her, and less confrontational than with others, because I can tell it'd make her uncomfortable. So I usually just imply things and let her fill in the gaps.

All in all, I think I get along really well with INFjs. I know an INFj guy too, and though I'd never date him, I really like to analyze his social life w/ him and give him girl advice. He seems to appreciate it, and he's very easy going so I like to include him in group stuff. So yeah, INFjs are fun peeps. I like 'em.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How do you feel about your mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I've noticed that some people seem to view their mirror as foolish or annoying.
    Yes.

I can have like an 8-hour conversation with an ENTp friend, but after a day or two together, we start to get on each other's nerves. Also, my ENTp dad sometimes does not take his role as a parent as seriously as I would like him to. I suppose that's the weak Fi. He has told me that I sometimes act like I'm smarter than him, although this is rarely a problem.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, but can be wimps and spoilsports.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've noticed also that in mirror relations, the extravert sometimes try's to make fun of the introvert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno. with ISTJ it's usually the other way around.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think subtype plays a role, too. I think i agree overall with mirror descriptions as constantly interesting and frustrating. Not with every ENTp, but overall.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In many ways I envy INFps. They are seen as the fairy-like creatures that bring good luck and pleasant emotions. They are slender and graceful, rarely forceful in any way. Everyone likes them. I feel like compared to INFps, I sure pulled the short straw. Compared to the lovely INFps, ENFjs are just forceful and overly emotional creatures, too intense for almost everyone. No one really appreciates ENFjs. My negativist dramatic side is forcing its way out. end of post.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    In many ways I envy INFps. They are seen as the fairy-like creatures that bring good luck and pleasant emotions. They are slender and graceful, rarely forceful in any way. Everyone likes them. I feel like compared to INFps, I sure pulled the short straw. Compared to the lovely INFps, ENFjs are just forceful and overly emotional creatures, too intense for almost everyone. No one really appreciates ENFjs. My negativist dramatic side is forcing its way out. end of post.

pffft i like them.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pffft i like them.
    Yeah i like ENFJ's too and im the opposite quadra.

Recently an INFj girl added me on msn. My email went around at work, and she added me. She was new and i trained her but never really talked to her much. Anyway we talk quite a lot on msn but im a bit nervous as she wants to come over to my house to have me sign a card shes making. I dont really know her and she seems to be having big problems with her boyfriend . Her intentions are probablly fine though shes a sweet little INFj? lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey girl you be alright don't sweat it. i like ya! :-)

ILE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have two friends who are ENFjs and they are fabulous. I like ENFjs and I have on occasion thought I might be one. :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awwwww. yay.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like ISTjs generally, unless they try to "direct" me - they don't do it with bad intentions but it gets on my nerves (ex. my dad sometimes comes to my room and tells me "fabie you have to do x y z" without even asking if he could enter my room etc

About ENFjs, I think that their negativism makes them actually be much more sincere than INFps in their dealings with people
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    About ENFjs, I think that their negativism makes them actually be much more sincere than INFps in their dealings with people
    Perhaps what you call "sincerity" is actually the difference between emotion-creating and construct-creating.

EDIT: that is, INFps are emotion-creating and ENFjs are construct-creating, so perhaps that is why INFps seem less sincere to you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

define construct-creating.

ILE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    define construct-creating.
    As an observed behavioral trait, construct-creating is defined in the "Reinin dichotomies" thread in the Articles section.

As to the motivations behind being construct-creating or emotion-creating -- in that particular case that FDG described, I would say that emotion-creating is a situation where you feel the need to forge social bonds as within a group - feeling a bit "socially insecure", if you will - where construct-creating is a situation where you already feel secure in the relevant social scenario.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I like ISTjs generally, unless they try to "direct" me - they don't do it with bad intentions but it gets on my nerves (ex. my dad sometimes comes to my room and tells me "fabie you have to do x y z" without even asking if he could enter my room etc
    Does anybody like that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast