Thread: time orientation, epiphany, powerlessness

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default time orientation, epiphany, powerlessness

I'm often aware of my orientation on a sort of timeline. I recently had a strange experience during which I was positioned in the future and looking back on myself as I existed over the course of the rest of the timeline. Due to the sudden clarity with which I perceived myself in relation to this timeline, I began crying uncontrollably. Unequivocably, I knew that every experience inevitably becomes devoid of meaningful content when examined from a future reference point. This made me feel like a prophet, but since I was static, I couldn't move around to spread the message. Whatever the experience was in essence, it's impact was certainly centered around a shift in perspective from looking towards the future (from a multidimensional and fractured reference point) to looking backwards from a static point (I knew my exact position and could easily see the purpose for being there, however could really do nothing about it).

I was wondering how others perceive themselves on a timeline and if suddenly shifting into an unfamiliar timeframe (or point in time, not sure) has ever caused an emotional/spiritual realization. Have you ever felt like a prophet without a voice due a similar shift in reference?

The obvious question is how this may relate to socionics.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The focus moves and I think back and forwards sometimes, but I'm pretty sure at all times I am firmly set in the present... lol. Certainly felt some realizations upon reflection or sitting around projecting things into the future, but no sort of prophet thoughts or anything.

I sorta visualize the progression of events in time as trees of cause and effect. But I don't really see how it's possible to visualize "time itself". I dunno, maybe I have to work with time too often in a mathematical context and it's killed my imagination.
    ENTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually feel like these sentiments are typical of an entp (maybe ncassidy's statements more than rtr).. but i think what i pull away from what was said first is the push an entp has to contribute something novel. It's also notable that this drive is strategic-- that means it starts from a goal, which is personal. It's a drive, so by itself it need not mean something prophetic, but the frustration of not fufilling a drive. The nature of extraverted intuition is sort of static and in the moment. Seeing in the future is static, and frames of reference are static to you, so it seems as if you can't transfer as easily across static frames of your picture of reality. I hope that made some kind of sense (at least the point I am trying to make).

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: time orientation, epiphany, powerlessness

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    I'm often aware of my orientation on a sort of timeline. I recently had a strange experience during which I was positioned in the future and looking back on myself as I existed over the course of the rest of the timeline. Due to the sudden clarity with which I perceived myself in relation to this timeline, I began crying uncontrollably. Unequivocably, I knew that every experience inevitably becomes devoid of meaningful content when examined from a future reference point. This made me feel like a prophet, but since I was static, I couldn't move around to spread the message. Whatever the experience was in essence, it's impact was certainly centered around a shift in perspective from looking towards the future (from a multidimensional and fractured reference point) to looking backwards from a static point (I knew my exact position and could easily see the purpose for being there, however could really do nothing about it).

I was wondering how others perceive themselves on a timeline and if suddenly shifting into an unfamiliar timeframe (or point in time, not sure) has ever caused an emotional/spiritual realization. Have you ever felt like a prophet without a voice due a similar shift in reference?

Is this really typical of ENTps? I question that notion.

Can you provide me VI? I don't think your function order is typical. Consider:

I'm often aware of my orientation on a sort of timeline.
    I recently had a strange experience
    during which I was positioned in the future
    and looking back on myself as I existed over the course of the rest of the timeline.
    Due to the sudden clarity with which I perceived myself in relation to this timeline,
    I began crying uncontrollably.
    Unequivocably, I knew that every experience
    inevitably becomes devoid of meaningful content when examined from a future reference point.
    This made me feel like a prophet,
    but since I was static, I couldn't move around to spread the message.
    Whatever the experience was in essence,
    it's impact was certainly centered around a shift in perspective from looking towards the future
    (from a multidimensional and fractured reference point)
    to looking backwards from a static point
    (I knew my exact position
    and could easily see the purpose for being there,
    however could really do nothing about it).

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa

Once I prayed with deep deep deep determination for something very very big to happen, and suddenly when I finished, and was about to move on to somethings else, my right kneecup suddenly said, literally, said "Yes, it will happen". Not in words of course, but I just felt a release, like when you are pulling a rope or door or something, and finally it yields.

I fell on my knees and thanked the univers.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Once I prayed with deep deep deep determination for something very very big to happen, and suddenly when I finished, and was about to move on to somethings else, my right kneecup suddenly said, literally, said "Yes, it will happen". Not in words of course, but I just felt a release, like when you are pulling a rope or door or something, and finally it yields.

I fell on my knees and thanked the univers.
    Wow, the stuff I read on here sometimes...
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synchronistic events happen all the time.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*snip
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee