Thread: ISFJs make me feel bad, inadequate or something

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFJs make me feel bad, inadequate or something

Does anyone else have this problem? They look at me as if there is something wrong with me, and I am not worth or something to that effect.

At other time they look at me admiringly.

Anyone has the same problem with them?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's the second worst way of typing someone lol
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    that's the second worst way of typing someone lol
    actually its the √15th worst way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i actually know that a person is isfj just by VI. they just have a certain look i've learned to recognize.

i don't have that many problems with them even though they're my conflict though since because of the vi i know who i'm dealing with right away and can adjust accordingly!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    i actually know that a person is isfj just by VI. they just have a certain look i've learned to recognize.

i don't have that many problems with them even though they're my conflict though since because of the vi i know who i'm dealing with right away and can adjust accordingly!
    What look do they have and how d oyou deal with them?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well, IME, I can leave them in a good mood and come back half an hour later and they have this look as if I've done a giant shit on the carpet. When you ask them why they are doing 'the look', they justify 'the look' by claiming you annoyed them by asking them why they were looking that way, despite the fact they did 'the look' first. It's almost as though in the short timespan since you last saw them, they've found some secret dossier claiming that you've commited some great atrocity, and that they'd 'rather not say anything about it'.

(How you deal with them depends on who they are ).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you try to change their mood?
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Why would you try to change their mood?
    Trying to change their mood is like headbutting a hornet's nest IME (the ISFj bit).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But why would you want to in the first place?
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sometimes they do vastly contradictory behaviour to the same thing you do on two different occasions - I try to change their mood by making it more (logically) consistent, but they don't like that too much (at least not the variety).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a hard time picturing mood swings as an ISFj type trait.
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Its not really a mood swing thing - they are like that all the time - they can keep silent for a very long time and you won't know why etc., and then they either blame you for avoiding them or for asking them what's wrong - you can't see the internal dynamics behind the 'logic' that results in their external behaviour.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because they're not all giddy and extroverted and bubbly? What's wrong with being quiet and stern and disliking it when people probe you about your mood as if it's your responsibility to act happy?
    SEE

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Er..when you have previously been told by that person in exactly the same situation not to leave them all by themselves etc., it's wrong in the sense they are inconsistent and blame YOU for acting in the way they told you...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmm... I dunno

Of course, my official answer to this thread, Dioklecian, is that no one can MAKE you feel anything.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to make headway here; most people, when describing people who are theoretically supposed to conflict with them in some way, find people who have some sort of problem, and they see such as people as the perfect representatives of that type.

Similarly, when people describe duals, they tend to choose people that are easy to get along with and assume that those are the perfect examples of that type.

So, really, unless you have two people who know the exact same person but have a different Socionic relationship (and actual relationship) with that person, it's really hard to have any sort of objective discussion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indeed
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some INTjs can say obnoxious shit which sort of perpetuates "the look" or whatever. they probably think you are irresponsible or not taking them seriously? like i think i might take a "look" like that as a warning signal.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

'The look' can happen for no reason at all - no reason given anyway. They expect you to act how they think, even if they haven't told you IME.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone's asking me about something I'd rather not talk about I try to ignore them and get a subtle "fuck off" look on my face to tell them to stop.
    SEE

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You shouldn't give people alternate 'advice' on how to deal with them in those situations and then blame the person when they follow that advice.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He means she told him that if she's like that he shouldn't just leave her alone, but then when he doesn't she gets irritated. Chances are "leave alone" mean different things to each of you.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Maybe they're just thinking. I get annoyed when I'm thinking and someone asks why I'm angry, or "what's wrong?" or "why are you looking at me like that?" Might be the same for them, they're just thinking and then you accuse them of something they didn't do, that'd tick anyone off being accused like that.
    so do i. like does it have to be that blatant? why can't it just be implied? some people seem to need it to be super duper clear and need someone to say, "i am pissed because bla bla bla." or "i gave you the look because bla bla bla." though.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

E.g. if someone is down, you shouldn't abandon them and leave them alone, not talking to them, or, if someone is upset, you should stay the fuck away etc.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that you're not reading her properly and your definition of leaving her alone is different than hers.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be predictably unpredictable.
    I find this to be very true.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There can be near identical reasons where she acts differently on both occasions (and to two extremes), and when challenged on the contradiction...ouch. Sometimes I have to ask what to do in a situation considering she's acted differently in the past, and she blames me for being insensitive. Yet, if I follow the most consistent path without asking, there's the possibility of me doing something wrong anyway .

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel like i have a tiny ISFj burning inside of me ahahaha.

ENTj seems to pay a lot of attention, apparently, to the "looks" and knows how to interpret them. INTjs seem sort of clueless in this arena or more focused on their own thing or something.

i can't make any sense of INTj body language or actions, FWIW.

i find it straight up fucking retarded when people expect other people to be in a good mood all the time, much like joy has stated.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no problems with ISFjs for me.

Having and in an ego block, whichever the order, is strange for me. Nevertheless, it can be recognized and not produce bother.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not particularly. We are actually usually attracted to each other. Mood swings? Just leave them alone if they act pissy. On a superficial basis, it's generally okay. We respect each other skills and don't really interact that much.

I know extremely well though that I cannot get closer to them. Any signal of Se on their side leads to a double force counterattack from me. Any arguing will never lead to a submission from my side, only an escalation. So, better avoid.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    There can be near identical reasons where she acts differently on both occasions (and to two extremes), and when challenged on the contradiction...ouch. Sometimes I have to ask what to do in a situation considering she's acted differently in the past, and she blames me for being insensitive. Yet, if I follow the most consistent path without asking, there's the possibility of me doing something wrong anyway .
    Why do you care? Just keep arguing until both of you explode. Blaming should never be taken without responding.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Why do you care? Just keep arguing until both of you explode. Blaming should never be taken without responding.
    That brilliant actually FDG. (for real).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast