Thread: Fps

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fps

There hasn't been much discussion about these types and the similarities between them/their strengths. I was just wondering if anyone had any that they had noted. I think one of the greatest strengths of Fps is the ability to see alternate ways of dealing with a dichotomous situation. Tj types seem to break everything down into an A or B option choice when many times things are not limited to that and Fps open up the options (?) conversely this is what makes people criticize them as well because they are more willing to explore options that are not necessarily beneficial and/or think that more options exist than really do.

a good example of this would be how Fp types deal with conflict. people tend to break conflict down into "either i will kill you or you will submit" and Fps sort of defy this. they find ways of deescalating the conflict without an exchange of tangible resources or they amp the conflict up by inflicting pain without doing physical bodily harm. i think isfps in particular can be quite good at neutralizing the collective Ej idiocy surrounding particular "issues" for example by reassociating the terms along alternate thought progressions

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've noticed that, too, pedro. they make it look easy!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fps

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    a good example of this would be how Fp types deal with conflict. people tend to break conflict down into "either i will kill you or you will submit" and Fps sort of defy this. they find ways of deescalating the conflict without an exchange of tangible resources or they amp the conflict up by inflicting pain without doing physical bodily harm.
    It is quite often a strength, but it can turn into avoidance of the situation, and that is just as bad as excessive confrontation. Fps want to believe that everything is ok, for as long as possible. (This is more true for IFps.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i completely disagree. they can sink into extreme moroseness? edgar allen poeish, sorts

esfps are KNOWN for aggrandizing conflicts. i think Fp is like the capability to do either

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my experience ixfps do sort of "ignore" things that will take too much effort or balancing to neutralize. For example. if one person's complaint will ruin the entire family's good mood they might seek to make the individual's issue not seem so bad. But they might also feel very morose as well.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    in my experience ixfps do sort of "ignore" things that will take too much effort or balancing to neutralize. For example. if one person's complaint will ruin the entire family's good mood they might seek to make the individual's issue not seem so bad. But they might also feel very morose as well.

I do this, but it always ALWAYS depends on the company. I am normally more concerned with my and my boyfriends (if he's included) than the whole group. Sometimes the mood needs to be ruined too. Sometimes things need to be said or discussed even if it is unpleasant.

Also, I will try to neutralize if people are getting upset at each other but don't need to be. They are just misunderstanding one another. Annoying though, they should just be able to see clearly, c'mon now.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    i completely disagree. they can sink into extreme moroseness? edgar allen poeish, sorts

esfps are KNOWN for aggrandizing conflicts.
    When they feel moral outrage, yes. And they don't back down. But they do avoid dealing with problems (perhaps of a less personal nature). This is one of the main things my ISTj mother dislikes about her ESFp fiance: that he wants to believe the best about people, no matter how much shit they do. Maybe this is due to weak Ni + Positivism.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that Fps are are better skilled when comes to manipulating than Fjs. Their creative funtion is more flexible, hence they can adapt better, whereas Fj less; the latter are less focused on controlling relationships.

I think that your creative function is seen as more flexible and malleable than your dominant, hence for Fps feeling is seen more as a skill to relate to people, whereas for Fjs its seen as something that defines them.

And yes I am right. Because I said so. Word.