Thread: Communications

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Communications

*mamma mia thread disaster*
    Last edited by felafel; 08-05-2012 at 03:47 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe? Just a guess.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how could communications be considered as a type?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah...........................................
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the question was more "what type/function do you think are better at communication" ??
    *shrugs*
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Communications

the question was:

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    What's its type?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Communications

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    the question was:

What's its type?
    hmmm,
    so is felafel talking about what type nominalizes verbs?
    or maybe because communication involves the act of communicating then it'd be one of the dynamic functions?
    but then it would still need to contain a thought and hold it still long enough to communicate it..so then it'd be a static function right?

oh, my poor aching head!!! :wink:
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put your hands on your head and step away from the type theory
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFP perhaps?

BY the MEdia is great for ENFPs, as in journalism, film is INFP I think.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Fe? Just a guess.
    agreed.

advertising seems to me.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advertising is Fi in my opinion.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmh. it's selling something based on qualities it really doesn't have and making it look like it's worth more than it really is, based on qualities that are supposed to be desirable. not reality based. and it's generally meant to be entertaining. it seems like i have read (and i can go find this, i suppose) that ISTps are incredibly skeptical towards advertising/slogans/etc.

it's all about idealizing and showing only the good sides, pretending that things don't have flaws. that is fucking out the ass.

as a side note, two people i know who are very interested in commercials & advertising (and gullible towards them) are ENTps (one actually works as a creative in an advertising firm.)
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe allright, also Se to a certain extent (ads I mean)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    mmh. it's selling something based on qualities it really doesn't have and making it look like it's worth more than it really is, based on qualities that are supposed to be desirable. not reality based. and it's generally meant to be entertaining. it seems like i have read (and i can go find this, i suppose) that ISTps are incredibly skeptical towards advertising/slogans/etc.

it's all about idealizing and showing only the good sides, pretending that things don't have flaws. that is fucking out the ass.

as a side note, two people i know who are very interested in commercials & advertising (and gullible towards them) are ENTps (one actually works as a creative in an advertising firm.)
    I have a strong suspicion that advertising is ISFJ. What do you think?

I say Fi because advertising is not just a bout describing something attractively, but its' rather about making one want something, regardless how. Inciting desire, often through sleek presentation, and at times through humor or a touching story. It convinces you that you need it, no mater what it is.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Fe allright, also Se to a certain extent (ads I mean)
    my thoughts exactly
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian

Bullshit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say Fi because advertising is not just a bout describing something attractively, but its' rather about making one want something, regardless how. Inciting desire, often through sleek presentation, and at times through humor or a touching story. It convinces you that you need it, no mater what it is.
    no.

i agree more with FDG and joy. and . have you ever seen those sort of super E3 ENFjs that go to the gym constantly and try to make themselves sort of like these flashy prizes that you have to "win"?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.

i agree more with FDG and joy. and . have you ever seen those sort of super E3 ENFjs that go to the gym constantly and try to make themselves sort of like these flashy prizes that you have to "win"?
    rotfl, i was thinking exactly that.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit.
    Tell me one instance in which advertising made you buy something and tell me how it worked. And I hope we can keep the shit out of this.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit.
    Tell me one instance in which advertising made you buy something and tell me how it worked. And I hope we can keep the shit out of this.
    Cuz I liked the shit that was being advertised. Easy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.

I agree about the ENFJs, but they also rely on witchcraft (really). Whereas ISFJs don't have that luxury. The ypretty much have to rely on your needs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever seen those sort of super E3 ENFjs that go to the gym constantly and try to make themselves sort of like these flashy prizes that you have to "win"?
    they are like the PERFECT examples.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit.
    Thats' not advertising. What I mean is have you ever gone and bought a brabdname just because of the brand, not because of having tried it or something like that.

For instance as a kid I developed a liking for MARS bars from advertising.

However I buy Italian suits and shoes because I have been there and I know that its' stylish and better than many others. Also I have a Swiss watch because I have tried them and liked them. etc etc.

But the MARS bars or CocaCola are simply because of advertising. I have no real need for them.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.

I agree about the ENFJs, but they also rely on witchcraft (really). Whereas ISFJs don't have that luxury. The ypretty much have to rely on your needs.
    I think ENFjs might flaunt more the ecxtaxtic properties of aromatic fresheness of slump, what do you think? Besides, wondering if failing an ass can dump you to the grass.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol what?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever seen those sort of super E3 ENFjs that go to the gym constantly and try to make themselves sort of like these flashy prizes that you have to "win"?
    they are like the PERFECT examples.
    Examples of what, I am not following.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit.
    Thats' not advertising. What I mean is have you ever gone and bought a brabdname just because of the brand, not because of having tried it or something like that.

For instance as a kid I developed a liking for MARS bars from advertising.

However I buy Italian suits and shoes because I have been there and I know that its' stylish and better than many others. Also I have a Swiss watch because I have tried them and liked them. etc etc.

But the MARS bars or CocaCola are simply because of advertising. I have no real need for them.
    I don't even watch tv.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must have seen some advertising. In the radio or something. The basic idea is if you don't have a preference to buy somthing, how does advertising change that.

My impression is that it does it through Fi, rather than Fe.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding what products i buy and what i like:

let's say we're talking about make-up, food, whatever. i just read the ingredients and if you take the time to do things like this, and learn about food, ingredients, which materials are better lasting, who makes the best suits, why you really SHOULD go buy an armani suit (armani suits are fine if they are long-lasting good quality... the thing with this stuff is that it stands the test of time, so it's not a bad thing to spend a pretty penny on it if it lasts forever. my dad has a rolex watch from the 1960's that he bought when he came to the states and it still works and is beautiful.) any sort of advertising can be avoided. i think jean kilbourne has wrote some great books about this and then naomi klein as well. i haven't kept up to date on them so i'm not sure if there are any better book recommendations out there, at the moment. any number of consumer advocate/authors, i think. someone (sarah_ maybe) mentioned paula begoun for makeup. she's rather good. also just learning to do a lot of things on your own helps out significantly.

i wonder who the genius was who came up with TiVO. i would pay so much money to have that shit and to watch my favorite t.v. shows in peace, without advertisement.

when i came back to the united states from europe, even the difference in the amount of advertisement and information was so vast, that i had no idea how to really cope with it for a while. you get slammed with it. information overload. something.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must have seen some advertising. In the radio or something. The basic idea is if you don't have a preference to buy somthing, how does advertising change that.

My impression is that it does it through Fi, rather than Fe.

it does it through . it doesn't do it through long-lasting relationships and such. it's like slava said, why are all the girls in the advertisements for skin lotions and bodily things ISFps? the girls look sweet, comfortable, attractive, and not about to start an argument or give you "the look" for saying something INTj retarded. thus they are inviting and you go forth like some crazy windmilling retard and buy their product.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah. I plan on getting one in a couple years. I'll have enough money by that time.
    asd

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFP perhaps?

BY the MEdia is great for ENFPs, as in journalism, film is INFP I think.
    hmm...that's not what i was asking about. and i hate Media and journalism.
    Oh you shouldn't hate it at all, some of the most famous ENFPs are journalists. Like the guy who brought down Nixon, (Woodward).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to quote Rocky's signature, ads "plant the vermin" - for a beautiful, wholesome, lognlasting relationship Any "good" advertising aims at making sure that you will come back for more. I'm not excluding Fe, a lot of functions are at play in the making of an ad - but the strategy is heavily based on Fi (or the impression of it)

perhaps next time i should say "just trust me." the "impression of " isn't isn't isn't . i guess expat has said it in the Te views of reality thread. i basically agree with him, which is why i think advertising is more than . i could also be pushed to see it as . but nothing else really.

we are also attempting to type communications which seems just about as typeable as a ham sandwich. or a soy patty (those are INTp, by the way.) it seems like we're bound to get into arguments over this, heh.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENFjs might flaunt more the ecxtaxtic properties of aromatic fresheness of slump, what do you think? Besides, wondering if failing an ass can dump you to the grass.
    lol!
    ENTp